[In stock 10:53 AM PT 12/10] Xbox One Consoles In-Stock Now at Amazon

Figured you'd all be too busy playing with your PS4's to be bickering like children over brand preferences.... gotta love gamers....sigh* :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to know Knack and Killzone aren't holding any of your attention, hence why you're all bickering like school children here instead of playing your new PS4's.... sigh* :roll:

Exactly!

I think there is a bat signal for fan boys. Maybe it is via the Kinect on the X1 and that silly lightbar on the PS4. It's let's them all know that a fanboy console battle is underway and they need to hurry to defend the multi-million dollar company of their choice before it's too late! :lol:

Exactly!

I think there is a bat signal for fan boys. Maybe it is via the Kinect on the X1 and that silly lightbar on the PS4. It's let's them all know that a fanboy console battle is underway and they need to hurry to defend the multi-million dollar company of their choice before it's too late! :lol:
Haha I'm thinking now that might actually be what's going on here. They're being summoned to defend their brand's honor, like a mighty noble dork samurai

That's nonsense. I've never had to worry about drivers or mods unless I wanted to make them an issue. It's a computer. Not a dog. It's not going to eat its own shit and look up at you with a smile on its face.

The only reason you have to even consider updating drivers once is if you buy a new game and want to get the most bang out of your graphics card. Otherwise turn off the anti-aliasing and you can run the majority of the new games at at PS4 quality or better with a $150 graphics card.
You were the one bragging about buying all the games and flipping them earlier to pay for your law school weren't you? Your points are invalid to me.

You were the one bragging about buying all the games and flipping them earlier to pay for your law school weren't you? Your points are invalid to me.
Doesn't stop me from being right though. Gravity don't turn off if I flip games either. But please wallow away. I said law school entrance fees. Guess which one of us practiced reading comprehension (hint: it wasn't you).

I'd get this now but really don't want to see my credit card bill's numbers beyond my normal monthly budget again. Once was enough since I got the PS4 right when it was made available. More importantly, though, I hope that the disc drive issue will be corrected by time I get this in March for Titanfall.

Both sides should shut up cause neither are worth it. I only want the Xbox 1 cause of the ESPN/NFL stuff but even that is a stretch. Ill want one next year when my Sunday Ticket runs out.

Go buy a PC.PC has the best exclusives.

Doesn't stop me from being right though. Gravity don't turn off if I flip games either. But please wallow away.
Wallow? Over what exactly? Because I prefer playing consoles over PC? While you're downloading your drivers, I'll play the game. It seems like 80% of the fun to PC gamers is just tweaking their specs and seeing who has the better spec'd out machine rather than actually playing the thing.

But please, do educate me more on how much you like downloading drivers.

I can download and install new drivers on a monthly / bi-monthly basis in about 6 minutes with my rig. You need ten minute installs for EVERY game you buy. You need to stop talking out of your ass because it's airing out into the rest of the thread. Ugh. I'm out!

Wallow? Over what exactly? Because I prefer playing consoles over PC? While you're downloading your drivers, I'll play the game. It seems like 80% of the fun to PC gamers is just tweaking their specs and seeing who has the better spec'd out machine rather than actually playing the thing.

Assassin's Creed IV:
Xbox One (offline, no update): 5 minutes 50 seconds
Xbox One (with update, fastest connection): 7 minutes 2 seconds
Xbox One (with update, 10Mbps connection): 10 minutes 32 seconds
PS4: 42 secondsP

The rest of these were tested on our office Wi-Fi which is around 9-11Mbps. It may have been faster on a wired connection, but you can compare your own connection speed here. These are our results:P

Need For Speed Rivals:
XBO: 09:25 (including update)
PS4: 00:32P

Just Dance 2014:
XBO: 08:48 (including update)
PS4: 00:45P

NBA Live 14:
XBO: 16:26 (including update)
PS4: 00:35P

FIFA 14:
XBO: 16:06 (including update)
PS4: 00:34P

Madden 25:
XBO: 9:38 (including update)
PS4: 00:38P

Although there is a lot of truth in what you are saying both of these consoles are inferior to PCs. So, if you are an enthusiast then you should invest in a PC and pick up these consoles years down the road to play the exclusives which inevitably won't make it to PC.

Agreed. The PC is the master race I'll admit. Shooters with a mice vs. a controller do not even compare. They aren't even on the same planet. I prefer the console environment myself though.

I like CAG because people focus mainly on deals. If I wanted fanboy banter, I'd go to Amazon VGF or IGN or something. Get a grip, fanboys.

Both of the new consoles have required installs for every game. Takes about 10-25 minutes for me on my Xbox One to open up a new game, install the required patches, then install the actual game itself before being allowed to play the game(some modes will be unavailable until the game is 100% completed installing).

This next gen is beginning to close the gap between PC and Consoles more, what with forced implemented features like this, multi tasking and the attempt to go all digital download for games there soon will not be much of a difference.

Talk about PC gamers arguing about specs what have you and the other angry dude you're fighting with been doing back and forth the last few threads? I call that the same or worse as "arguing specs", don't throw stones when you live in a glass house...

I like CAG because people focus mainly on deals. If I wanted fanboy banter, I'd go to Amazon VGF or IGN or something. Get a grip, fanboys.

Or Gaf, Reddit etc...

Yeah I'd like to think CAG is above all the fighting, leave that non sense to kotaku or Gaf.

Video Game Deals is why we come here after all right?

On the bright side, the resale market tanked for the Xbox One. No reason to buy off ebay when it is available from many retailers. PS4 on the otherhand has shortages in the USA and all the other countries it launched in. A lot of people didn't get them at launch (when they tried) in Germany... those videos were pretty awesome to watch when everyone ran in and pretty much destroyed all the displays trying to get a console.

This Xbox One deal is as great a deal as the PS3 deal at launch. These deals deals deals are blowing my mind right now.

Man I wish I had one.

That Dead Rising and Ryse looks like fun.

Shame best buy says sold out still.

Yup, the average consumer is going to see the price difference and lean towards the cheaper console. This is one of the main reasons why the X360 had a sales lead over PS3 last gen.
Did the fact the 360 came out a whole year earlier have anything to do with it?

Both of the new consoles have required installs for every game. Takes about 10-25 minutes for me on my Xbox One to open up a new game, install the required patches, then install the actual game itself before being allowed to play the game(some modes will be unavailable until the game is 100% completed installing).

This next gen is beginning to close the gap between PC and Consoles more, what with forced implemented features like this, multi tasking and the attempt to go all digital download for games there soon will not be much of a difference.

Talk about PC gamers arguing about specs what have you and the other angry dude you're fighting with been doing back and forth the last few threads? I call that the same or worse as "arguing specs", don't throw stones when you live in a glass house...
I've heard the XO installs are brutal. With the ps4 I didn't have long installs at all. I'm talking 2-3 mins. The updates were required before going online though.

I can download and install new drivers on a monthly / bi-monthly basis in about 6 minutes with my rig. You need ten minute installs for EVERY game you buy. You need to stop talking out of your ass because it's airing out into the rest of the thread. Ugh. I'm out!
But can your "Rig" (just about queer as someone calling their headphones "cans" or flashlight "torch") fit in the same space as a PS4? Can it output to your TV with just two cables (power and HDMI)?

Not everyone wants an ugly, space consuming, power hungry, monster of an electronic in their living room or gaming space. No matter what you choose you're making sacrifices. I'd much rather have a console that takes up very little space and isn't unsightly versus a gaming "rig" any day.

Subtotal (999 items): $499,490.01

I don't think these are selling out any time soon.... unless that trick does not work on Amazon, in which case ignore this :p

You clearly don't understand how much stock these fanboys have bought in these companies. I'm talking controlling interests and all that. We're amongst the heaviest of hitters.
Speaking of stock, Amazon is still going strong on the One. Over 5 hours now.

You clearly don't understand how much stock these fanboys have bought in these companies. I'm talking controlling interests and all that. We're amongst the heaviest of hitters.
In a sense purchasing a console is like buying stock in that company. You are buying in to a potential future where the content provided are the gains. So naturally you want the company you invested in to do better than the competition.

I think the Forza vs the GT franchise was also a big factor (and Halo may have helped too). Forza 3 was lavailable at Launch if I'm not mistaken while it took something like 4 years for the ps3 edition of GT (not sure if it was 4 or 5). With GT6 being for the ps3 and NOT 4 it looks like that history is repeating.

But can your "Rig" (just about queer as someone calling their headphones "cans" or flashlight "torch") fit in the same space as a PS4? Can it output to your TV with just two cables (power and HDMI)?

Not everyone wants an ugly, space consuming, power hungry, monster of an electronic in their living room or gaming space. No matter what you choose you're making sacrifices. I'd much rather have a console that takes up very little space and isn't unsightly versus a gaming "rig" any day.
Shots fired! :lol:

I do find it interesting that this listing is still in stock for this long. If reports from Microsoft were to be believed, there were supposed to be a lot of interested people left out in the cold this holiday season. They must have sold thousands of these consoles by now on Amazon .... or just demand was overestimated.

And don't take my comments as anti-Xbone. I personally haven't bought either console yet and am still withholding judgment as to which one is the better console for me. I'm surprised I've held out this long with all the next gen hype. My wife wants to get me a PS4 for Xmas and I'm telling her I don't want it. Titanfall isn't going to convince me because I have a 360 and just like the cross-gen games I'm almost convinced there won't be much of a difference between Xbone and 360 version. But I'll make my decision by the time MGS V: Phantom Pain comes out. That'll make me upgrade by then.

In a sense purchasing a console is like buying stock in that company. You are buying in to a potential future where the content provided are the gains. So naturally you want the company you invested in to do better than the competition.
Wanting the company to do better is one thing. Going out of your way to bash someone else's decision because it was different is asinine and petty, and a tad insecure. If I like Pepsi, I'm not smacking people's Cokes outta their hand.

heh can't believe these are still in stock. when I got on the train to get home ps4s just got in stock and before I even got home(about a 50min-70min ride) all ps4s were gone. luckily I already own me a ps4 though ^-^ Wonder if these will be sold out by the morning. 

Damn too bad I worked late and didn't check my phone. I'm usually on there when bored. I managed to get an XBox One obviously but no time for PS4 :(

Just got one! Will pick up the PS4 this Sunday at best buy and hopefully get a Wii U this x-mas to play Super mario 3D World and I'll be set. No immature fanboy insults here, just a guy who loves gaming in general.

Its just a matter of who can pump out the most consoles the fastest right now that will determine who is "more sold out" (lol) as they will both sell quick as they are put on the market

so this whole notion of one console beating another in sales right now is pointless.. I'd say wait at least 6 months, maybe more before even worth comparing.. both will do extremely well regardless

Its just a matter of who can pump out the most consoles the fastest right now that will determine who is "more sold out" (lol) as they will both sell quick as they are put on the market

so this whole notion of one console beating another in sales right now is pointless.. I'd say wait at least 6 months, maybe more before even worth comparing.. both will do extremely well regardless
I guess we will find out; If these consoles last more than 12 hours I'd be worried about that assumption.

OC Cagers near Disneyland. My kmart (between euclid and katella) has 3 X1s in stock. Just got back from there an hour ago. 

Note: Good luck tracking an employee lol.

ijz5.jpg

Wanting the company to do better is one thing. Going out of your way to bash someone else's decision because it was different is asinine and petty, and a tad insecure. If I like Pepsi, I'm not smacking people's Cokes outta their hand.
Applause for this statement. Agree with you 100%, man -- fanboys always make me laugh.

HDMI and the power cable are all I've had coming out the back of my PC for years, wireless mouse and keyboards are a great thing as is the 360's wireless controller.

Steam's big picture mode definitely makes it feel like having another console in my living room.

Free mod support for tons of my favorite games, great exclusives, and most of all cheap ass games are what make PC gaming awesome. If your living room space is that big of a concern though I guess it isn't for you. Great for those who want the best version of a game and for the cheapest price available though.

bread's done
Back