[In stock 10:53 AM PT 12/10] Xbox One Consoles In-Stock Now at Amazon

and most of all cheap ass games are what make PC gaming awesome.
PC games are expensive as hell without the ability to resell. I use my PCs for PC exclusives (just bought SimCity so my wife can play), but AAA titles I always wait for GF/BBY sales, play and dump on eBAY, most of time it's ~$5 to play a game, some times even less, some times I even get paid to play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Was in my local Target a few hours ago and saw a few Xbox Ones. Some were even day one editions.
Mind telling us where? Not saying I don't believe you but it just looks like you're trolling if you don't at least tell us where you saw it so maybe a nearby CAG can go pick it up.

Aw damn still waiting on a ps4.
I don't think whining about it on a Xbox one thread will do you much good either, unless your just trolling. Here you go though, maybe this thread will help you out more in the future.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/323863-ps4s-will-be-in-stock-at-best-buy-on-sunday-december-8th/

HDMI and the power cable are all I've had coming out the back of my PC for years, wireless mouse and keyboards are a great thing as is the 360's wireless controller.

Steam's big picture mode definitely makes it feel like having another console in my living room.

Free mod support for tons of my favorite games, great exclusives, and most of all cheap ass games are what make PC gaming awesome. If your living room space is that big of a concern though I guess it isn't for you. Great for those who want the best version of a game and for the cheapest price available though.
I get the allure of PC gaming. I understand Steam has amazing sales. Some of us like physical games and some of us can practically game for free with a little bit of resale savvy.

But you have to understand that a big chunk of the gaming population doesn't want to deal with the upkeep involved with PC gaming. For those that do it I understand why you'd say their isn't much involved. But it's safe to say that most of the general population has had problems with an everyday basic computer---whether it be a virus, hard drive failure, component failure, system crash, poor performance, etc. and that is JUST on a everyday use PC that isn't designed for high performance.

Now you're asking someone to read up on video cards, memory, and other bells and whistles.

I get the allure of PC gaming. I understand Steam has amazing sales. Some of us like physical games and some of us can practically game for free with a little bit of resale savvy.

But you have to understand that a big chunk of the gaming population doesn't want to deal with the upkeep involved with PC gaming. For those that do it I understand why you'd say their isn't much involved. But it's safe to say that most of the general population has had problems with an everyday basic computer---whether it be a virus, hard drive failure, component failure, system crash, poor performance, etc. and that is JUST on a everyday use PC that isn't designed for high performance.

Now you're asking someone to read up on video cards, memory, and other bells and whistles.
This as fuck! I'd love to get a gaming PC but I love gaming on a console on my TV more. Plus, I'd like to get as much bang for my back as possible, and honestly, I'm not that tech savvy when it comes to building a computers.

The experiences are just different and I prefer my console, not to mention, there's no way I want to switch from Xbox One to anything right now (would love to get a PS4 when Infamous comes out though), I love how fast and easy Kinect can make things for you. I multi-task a lot and being able to clean my room or living room while telling my XB1 to accept a party invite or go to netflix without ever picking up the controller is beastly. Now if only I can get a cable box so I can snap the NFL games while playing a game, I'd be one happy mofo. Just my two cents.

sounds like a console
Difference is, you don't have to figure out what specific component is messed up, you can just return it or use the warranty.

When you build a PC, you have to test everything, and most people can't handle that, and even if they could, they would just consider it work.

Of course, you could just buy from dell/alienware or xoticpc or something, but that would be very expensive.

I actually hope it falls way behind so theirs a price drop. Depending on sonys lead microsoft will be stupid to keep at 499. You think they would have learned from last gen. 399 seems to be the sweet spot for new consoles

I actually hope it falls way behind so theirs a price drop. Depending on sonys lead microsoft will be stupid to keep at 499. You think they would have learned from last gen. 399 seems to be the sweet spot for new consoles
Microsoft has cooked up some sweet stats. I mean who cares about number of units sold when you've got these type of numbers:

Microsoft has provided an update on its own next-gen progress today, but it’s not what you’d expect.
While Microsoft says Xbox One owners have spent over 50 million hours in games and entertainment on the new console the last 11 days, the company is also providing some fairly meaningless game-related stats. Microsoft says over 3 billion zombies have been killed in Dead Rising 3, over 90 million miles driven in Forza 5, over 186 million enemies slayed in Ryse, and over 150 million combos completed in Killer Instinct. The figures show Xbox One users are clearly getting to grips with the launch titles, but Microsoft isn’t ready to provide an update on its console sales. "Eleven days in we are seeing record breaking sales and are selling every Xbox One we can make," says Microsoft’s Yusuf Mehdi. "Demand is far exceeding supply in the 13 countries we’ve launched and we are sold out at retailers around the world."

http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/3/5171942/microsoft-xbox-one-usage-stats-zombies-hours

Never ending supply? Less immediate demand than PS4 because people who were desperate for One's found them on Black Friday? Guess we'll never know how this has managed to stay alive so long. At this point I won't be surprised to see it last all night.
I haven't been on CAG for almost the whole day. Was browsing on amazon and saw the X1 in stock. Made a thread immediately but didn't realize there was a thread on it already.

Thanks OP for posting. I'm glad it stayed alive for so long. I was gonna wait until after the holidays at least to pick up an xbone but I gave in and grabbed one.

Seems like whenever amazon "runs out of stock" they just add more. I wonder if Microsoft is just letting them sell as many as possible.

Stock is the limiting factor for the new consoles right now. They would sell as many as they had of either console. So all that says is that there was more stock of the X1 on BF. That's a good thing for MS, but it doesn't say a lot about overall sales or even why they had more stock of the X1.
Finally someone that understands how this works (I'm referring to most people in the comments section of IGN). lol The only thing you can gauge from that is that X1 sold more than the PS4 on BF because it had more stock. I'm wondering though how their handling their supply because if they're both selling out stock, they're losing quite a bit of money by not pushing out more units.

They don't actually have the stock I think. It says "To ensure delivery by December 24 choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout" meaning if you order now you are only guaranteed it by the 24th"

They don't actually have the stock I think. It says "To ensure delivery by December 24 choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout" meaning if you order now you are only guaranteed it by the 24th"
Good point. Still, at least they're available to order.

But can your "Rig" (just about queer as someone calling their headphones "cans" or flashlight "torch") fit in the same space as a PS4? Can it output to your TV with just two cables (power and HDMI)?
You connect your power cable to your TV?

I connect my HDMI to my TV. The sound goes through that. I hook up my wireless 360 controller and I'm good.

Not everyone wants an ugly, space consuming, power hungry, monster of an electronic in their living room or gaming space. No matter what you choose you're making sacrifices. I'd much rather have a console that takes up very little space and isn't unsightly versus a gaming "rig" any day.

Are you talking about a PC or a Xbox One? I can't tell. Because those exact same complaints - every last one - can be leveled right at the Xbone in light of the PS4.

We're not talking about a big chunk about the gaming population. You're using some monolithic all encompassing gaming population as a shield to make all sorts of straw man arguments. We're talking about you and me and your quest for convenience and my question for quality. That's what it comes down to. You and me.

Things can fail. But you know what? The 360 had the biggest failure rate in the history of the industry. What did stupid people do? Did they make the same complaints you're making about the PC? No. They went out and bought another two or three more consoles and basically turned the 360 into the first disposable console ever released into the industry. Is that okay? No. But for every 360 bought, that action was supported.

And now you're back Slim Shady and using the exact same complaints against the PC that WILL and DO plague the Xbox One. There have been grinding failures on the disc drives. The poor performance on the installs. And all this on a console, that ISN'T even designed for bleeding edge, as you put it, high performance.

You're basically saying that under threat of failure, you'd be happy wrapping your console in a towel or shipping it back to Microsoft so you can get another console that dies on you six months later. Just because some people are too stupid and scared of opening the side casing up and removing one part that might end up going bad doesn't mean anyone should be.

If you want a XBONE buy one. But don't act like it holds ANY kind of advantage over PC.

It doesn't.

Not anymore.

Just went ahead and ordered one. Figured I am gonna get one in March anyways and mise well get it now since I have more then enough credit.

I had to renew my Prime unfortunately though, didn't realize it ended yesterday. Should be here Saturday though it didn't give me a date but Saturday is 2 business days from now.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/03/pf/sony-playstation-sales/index.html

You see if you could read you would understand that the Xbox one did 1 million in sales on its GLOBAL launch (11/22). Not bad right?

Except the PS4 did 1 million in sales in just North America on its launch 11/15 and has since been killing it in all markets.

MS has won Black Friday, and as analysts suggested that was just because they had more units available. They are also counting Xbox 360 sales with the announcement of "MS won Black Friday" and that includes the $99 units that can't even play GTA V without modifications.
They 'won' black friday? hah. Availability out and purchases out of desperation could be the only cause. I walked into a best buy at 1am on friday morning and they still had X1s available for customers. PS4s? Not a chance.

Why are Sony fanboys in this thread? Come on losers.....you have plenty of sites to go to and talk trash. Ugh. Try gamespot's system wars. You guys will fit right in.

Yep, that sure isn't contributing to the trash talk.
I think his comment is pretty valid. Why do people bother coming to a thread only to troll people who are legitimately interested in the product? It's pretty immature to just come in and try to start fires with people. If I don't like a video game or a movie I don't waste my time going into a forum specific topic only to argue and cause drama. One of the annoying things about the internet I suppose... :/

It's the internet. People have to degrade others in an attempt to make themselves look good. I like both systems, but the PS4 was first on my list to get. Come next month, I will have a xbox1 also.

Why are Sony fanboys in this thread? Come on losers.....you have plenty of sites to go to and talk trash. Ugh. Try gamespot's system wars. You guys will fit right in.
Funny how I've been using my xbox 360 all evening, and have more games on 360 than any other console. I just recognize a flop when I see one.

Ewww Shin you like the PS4. Gross...I kid.

Now I like both systems. I don't plan on getting a PS4 because there isn't anything on that system that I want. I'll be getting a Xbox One when I get the money for Titan Fall and The Division. Would have had one already but my "friend" stole $500 from me so there went my next gen money.

Ewww Shin you like the PS4. Gross...I kid. Now I like both systems. I don't plan on getting a PS4 because there isn't anything on that system that I want. I'll be getting a Xbox One when I get the money for Titan Fall and The Division. Would have had one already but my "friend" stole $500 from me so there went my next gen money.
Great friend... :(

You should keep your money in the bank though.

Ewww Shin you like the PS4. Gross...I kid.

Now I like both systems. I don't plan on getting a PS4 because there isn't anything on that system that I want. I'll be getting a Xbox One when I get the money for Titan Fall and The Division. Would have had one already but my "friend" stole $500 from me so there went my next gen money.

I don't agree with either next gen system at the moment. IMO, and this won't be a popular one, I think it's pretty silly to buy either a PS4 or X1 now. They literally have 2-3 games each per console and none of them are system sellers. I'm not paying $400-$500 to play Battlefield 4 or AC BF with shinier graphics, the differences are negligible.

I picked up my PS4 and Xbone today and between the two I was having more fun with the Xbox. The Kinect's a lot smarter and allows me to be even lazier than before, during load times or unskippable cutscenes you can just tell it to change the channel and it does. I think the PS4 does this too, but it's just more magical when I'm verbally telling it what to do. Just my two cents.

bread's done
Back