[IN STOCK] Bioshock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition $149.99 @ Amazon.com

[quote name='etcrane']Nope, pure speculation, however given that NECA has already produced an Elizabeth and Boys of Silence figure, with a motorized patriot figure coming soon, I would say it's nearly inevitable that a songbird figure will be produced within the next year.

BTW - if anyone is holding out on picking this up, but wants something really spectacular that's Bioshock Infinite related, grab the art book -

51RgIPu3YVL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX285_SY380_CR,0,0,285,380_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/The-BioShock-...5001828&sr=8-1&keywords=bioshock+infinite+art

IMO, it's way better than the strategy guide and nicer than most of the items in the CE.

- edit -

Just did some digging and evidently NECA does have a Songbird plush in the works that they've shown ... but I can't find any photos. They were/are also working on a Songbird figure but have run into some technical issues and it hasn't been shown as of yet. Will add any details I find ...

-edit 2 -

oh damn ... found a little treat for you guys ...

LG4kYUE.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That image is just from a promo video that was released a little while back. Nonetheless, pretty neat.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Umm..nil..since it is going to be OOS everywhere soon![/QUOTE]

*sigh* well alright i'll buy but if that price drops one day i'll claim my price match from you. So either have my money or otherwise i hope you have a pretty wife.

[quote name='RenoVatio']*sigh* well alright i'll buy but if that price drops one day i'll claim my price match from you. .[/QUOTE]
Seriously - you decide your actions based on a stranger's advice.
Come on - time to rethink your life

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Seriously - you decide your actions based on a stranger's advice.
Come on - time to rethink your life[/QUOTE]

well i dont know about you but ill take advice from a stranger if they yell fire ill certainly look.

and if they happen to know far more about a topic than i do and i need information.

also all teachers are strangers.

[quote name='kayne2000']well i dont know about you but ill take advice from a stranger if they yell fire ill certainly look.

and if they happen to know far more about a topic than i do and i need information.

also all teachers are strangers.[/QUOTE]
Time for you to rethink your life as well :D

[quote name='Vulgarism']That image is just from a promo video that was released a little while back. Nonetheless, pretty neat.[/QUOTE]

True, but in a couple forums, it's been mentioned that the doll pictured is actually NECA's prototype, so it may be available for purchase in the coming months.

Just my two cents on the game in retrospect, I enjoyed it but I'm glad I waited on this CE. The game is interesting, the story is compelling, but it's not perfect. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I found myself bored with the actual combat and sort of slogging through to get to the story. Plus, I was playing on hard, which made a few of the last boss fights more chaotic and less fun than I feel they should have been. Songbird also felt a bit underutilized in retrospect ... maybe something the DLC could address.

As far as CE value, here's my biggest problem with it - some Targets have already knocked the mid-level edition of the game down to $54 or so. Sure, these may not be easy to find, but is the relatively small songbird statue worth nearly $100 ... it's cool, but not that cool. Even if this edition becomes rare, I can see the premium edition getting discounted and clearanced. So that's the big question, is the plastic songbird worth it ..

Glad to see all the guys predicting, "Oh, I'll buy this for $20 when a pile of them gets discounted at the local store..." were wrong. I knew this would sell well. It's a great game.

Since it all comes down to whether the statue is worth the extra $70, has everyone seen this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUzmHmcDDmo

I like the fact that it has it's own, replica-style box, as if it's a toy from in the world. The thing that really stands out is that it's solid. Others have said it's a lightweight plastic, but 1.65lbs sounds hefty to me. I don't own it, but can others confirm it's solid (not hollow, like the Skyrim dragon)?

Its solid. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Ive also bought the CE guide, Art Book and season pass..so I'm a sucker anyways lol

[quote name='Jrod87']Its solid. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Ive also bought the CE guide, Art Book and season pass..so I'm a sucker anyways lol[/QUOTE]

there should be more ppl like you, who purchase these at msrp price. Otherwise, developers does not have much incentives in making/ producing any collectors editions.

[quote name='YBX87']there should be more ppl like you, who purchase these at msrp price. Otherwise, developers does not have much incentives in making/ producing any collectors editions.[/QUOTE]

and do you think they produce collector's edition to support us?? :lol:
They do that so they can overcharge for stuff that is not worth that much. I doubt that the songbird extras are worth it 90 bucks.

[quote name='Davivascaino']and do you think they produce collector's edition to support us?? :lol:
They do that so they can overcharge for stuff that is not worth that much. I doubt that the songbird extras are worth it 90 bucks.[/QUOTE]

they make collectors edition to make more money.

I purchased mine when it released and yeaaaa $150 is steep but I'm a huge fan of the series. The statue is awesome regardless of how big a fan you are tough, is nothing but quality. Not hollow, doesn't feel cheap, and is decent size to really catch peoples eye when they see it, plus it's unique unlike dragon /dude with sword /etc. Nice to see these might actually gain some rarity to them.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']I purchased mine when it released and yeaaaa $150 is steep but I'm a huge fan of the series. The statue is awesome regardless of how big a fan you are tough, is nothing but quality. Not hollow, doesn't feel cheap, and is decent size to really catch peoples eye when they see it, plus it's unique unlike dragon /dude with sword /etc. Nice to see these might actually gain some rarity to them.[/QUOTE]

it the statue heavy? because it seems kinda of small from the unboxing video i saw

[quote name='Davivascaino']and do you think they produce collector's edition to support us?? :lol:
They do that so they can overcharge for stuff that is not worth that much. I doubt that the songbird extras are worth it 90 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Worth is purely subjective. Obviously if it was $500 I wouldn't have bought it but $150 to someone who appreciate what's included isn't a ridiculous amount. Unless your talking about actual material cost in what it took to physically make the items.

All the same, $150 wasnt a lot to myself based on my liking of the series, where as my mom wouldn't pay $5 for the set simply cause it doesn't hold worth to her, purely subjective. It's always up to someone to decide if what's included is worth it to them personally. I don't get why certain people buy things sometimes but I'm positive if i asked them they'd be able to explain it perfectly. Just

[quote name='YBX87']it the statue heavy? because it seems kinda of small from the unboxing video i saw[/QUOTE]

It's got solid weight to it. It's not 5 pounds or anything but it doesn't feel cheap, not hollow whatsoever.

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']It's got solid weight to it. It's not 5 pounds or anything but it doesn't feel cheap, not hollow whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

thanks

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Worth is purely subjective. Obviously if it was $500 I wouldn't have bought it but $150 to someone who appreciate what's included isn't a ridiculous amount. Unless your talking about actual material cost in what it took to physically make the items.

All the same, $150 wasnt a lot to myself based on my liking of the series, where as my mom wouldn't pay $5 for the set simply cause it doesn't hold worth to her, purely subjective. It's always up to someone to decide if what's included is worth it to them personally. I don't get why certain people buy things sometimes but I'm positive if i asked them they'd be able to explain it perfectly. Just[/QUOTE]

I am not criticizing who buy collector's edition on release day at MSRP. I have done that several times. Hell , I did with bioshock 2 and got screwed after it had a huge price drop weeks later.

I want to buy the songbird edtion, and I would have bought on day one, but did not because I felt that they overproduced and I will get it cheaper sometime

I was just saying that the publishers make collector's edition to make more money, not to be "nice" to us:lol:

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Ps3 version ONE in stock.
Outside of that, deal needs to be moved to grave yard.[/QUOTE]

Stock has been up and down the past week. Some days none. Some days 6. Today 1.

bread's done
Back