[IN STOCK] Bioshock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition $149.99 @ Amazon.com

[quote name='StryderOmega']This happens when people are still getting their tax returns. /shrug no biggie. Less temptation for me later on![/QUOTE]
Speaking of which, cannot wait for mine, I'm going to splurge a portion of it on some of the upcoming CEs.

[quote name='TooPoor']Speaking of which, cannot wait for mine, I'm going to splurge a portion of it on some of the upcoming CEs.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately when I started my new job they messed up on filing my W4 (and I don't receive pay stubs) and didn't catch it until my w2 came in. I owe 860, so money is extra right ATM for me. State is paying me $67 however!

[quote name='StryderOmega']Unfortunately when I started my new job they messed up on filing my W4 (and I don't receive pay stubs) and didn't catch it until my w2 came in. I owe 860, so money is extra right ATM for me. State is paying me $67 however![/QUOTE]

one year i got a 3 dollar state tax return it was the stuff of legends there lol

That sucks, I've never owed. We got a lot more than expected this year, can't touch it though.

[quote name='kayne2000']one year i got a 3 dollar state tax return it was the stuff of legends there lol[/QUOTE]

I received like a $2 check once after some back pay for initiation dues and union dues, I don't think I even cashed the check.

Amazon's page no longer has the X360 version as "Item Under Review", it's just gone. This is exactly what happened with Metal Gear Rising's CE, it went "Under Review" a few days after release, and since then, it's been gone for good (at least on Amazon, GS.com still has copies listed).

However, GS doesn't have the X360 version of the Songbird edition as noticed, although they do have PS3 (they seem to have 158), and Amazon has 30 something left of the PS3 version.

[quote name='crunchewy']Actually I see the 360 version as "under review".[/QUOTE]

That's weird, I had literally just looked at it and didn't see it. In either case I'm really hoping it does come back, I can't stand shooters on the PS3 controller, so if I were to get this at all it would have to be on Xbox.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']That's weird, I had literally just looked at it and didn't see it. In either case I'm really hoping it does come back, I can't stand shooters on the PS3 controller, so if I were to get this at all it would have to be on Xbox.[/QUOTE]

You might wanna read the Digital Foundry comparison before you get the 360 version.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-bioshock-infinite-face-off

It seems like the PS3 version has more responsive controls.

xbox is back in stock.. says 258 left ps3 has 5 left.. we'll see what happens when those are sold, if they get more or if it's gone for good

There's only one PC version in stock. I think that will be the least produced version.

Not the kind of news I expected to see this morning. Hope anyone still interested can snag a copy.

For what it's worth, I played through twice on 360 and it felt very smooth to me. Could always mess with the Vsync option if necessary, but it ran fine for me out of the box. I heard other concerns about which version to get, but from a sheer gameplay standpoint, differences thankfully seem pretty negligible.

Also casting my vote for a Songbird plush. I liked NECA's Big Daddies, but was bummed to find that they're still almost all plastic. Imagine this would be a similar case, were it to happen.

[quote name='TooPoor']I want a genuine leather wrapped statue with rough canvas wings. If this happens then I don't care how much it costs. But, everything has to be plastic :([/QUOTE]

But that's why it's $150 with the game and not $450 with the game. If you want an aftermarket model, sometimes you can find some really good ones out there. It just doesn't make sense financially for them to pack something like that in with the CE and try to sell a lot of them.

[quote name='fortunado']But that's why it's $150 with the game and not $450 with the game. If you want an aftermarket model, sometimes you can find some really good ones out there. It just doesn't make sense financially for them to pack something like that in with the CE and try to sell a lot of them.[/QUOTE]
Of course, I don't expect them to pack it into a CE. I am looking for this desired aftermarket model as of now, currently all I am seeing is plastic models.

I had no interest in the Songbird edition, that is until I beat the game. Its a masterpiece and I love the Songbird presence in the game, so bought.

I already bought the game on PC for cheap but I still want this ... just not sure which edition to get now or which would hold its value best? Any suggestions?

I just opened my songbird edition up. The little handyman board game piece is really puny, and the murder of crows keychain is kinda weak because it is very lightweight. The little artbook is really nice, and the songbird figure is really very nicely done.

[quote name='skiizim']That sucks, I've never owed. We got a lot more than expected this year, can't touch it though.

I received like a $2 check once after some back pay for initiation dues and union dues, I don't think I even cashed the check.[/QUOTE]

i cashed mine. my friends at the time said i should of framed it. i regret not doing that now lol

With my love of the series I probably would have bit on this had it been $100, even tho I feel like even that is a touch steep. But there's no way I can justify the $150 they're asking for this set. I watched an unboxing last night and I just don't see it. Considering that everything BUT the statue is in the $80 set (correct me if I'm wrong on that), there is no way that statue is worth $70.

I'm sure they'll sell out because it doesn't sound like they overproduced this one, and the game IS incredible.

[quote name='argyle']With my love of the series I probably would have bit on this had it been $100, even tho I feel like even that is a touch steep. But there's no way I can justify the $150 they're asking for this set. I watched an unboxing last night and I just don't see it. Considering that everything BUT the statue is in the $80 set (correct me if I'm wrong on that), there is no way that statue is worth $70.

I'm sure they'll sell out because it doesn't sound like they overproduced this one, and the game IS incredible.[/QUOTE]
Well, the "worthy price" calculations gets thrown out of the window once things become hard to find at MSRP. Which I don't know if this will be, maybe eventually.

[quote name='YBX87']Well, if it does sell out, i guess $149.99 is the "right" price for the developers/publishers.[/QUOTE]

I know the statue isn't worth $80 to a lot of people, but for the size/material it seems like an alright price. I pay $70 about once every month or two (bit of a guilty pleasure, and a relatively expensive hobby) getting statues, they're about the same size and just as cool-looking as this songbird.

The songbird statue will only hold its value until the inevitable songbird figure is released with equivalent quality. Given that the statue is medium quality plastic, I believe, I don't see the value skyrocketing anytime soon. A deluxe figure will run between $30 to $40 most likely, so paying $70 for a statue of similar quality right now seems a bit much.

I have an extra new in box one for the PS3 if anyone is interested.
Ultimate Songbird edition. Bought it for a friend who backed out on this and a Pikachu 3DS XL....

Won't make that mistake again.

I love Amazon so much. Picked the cheapest, slowest shipping yesterday and its scheduled to arrive tomorrow

[quote name='btanoue']I have an extra new in box one for the PS3 if anyone is interested.
Ultimate Songbird edition. Bought it for a friend who backed out on this and a Pikachu 3DS XL....

Won't make that mistake again.[/QUOTE]

First, you are a good friend for doing that. Cant you return it since u have a 30 day return window?

I guess your friend isnt a good friend after all....

[quote name='kayne2000']i cashed mine. my friends at the time said i should of framed it. i regret not doing that now lol[/QUOTE]

i have a $.01 check from AT&T I have that framed I hate them

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Use coupon code 15FREE to get $22.50 off PS3 version at Gamestop[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm talking about! Thanks! Finally caved thanks to you!:applause:

[quote name='TooPoor']Well, the "worthy price" calculations gets thrown out of the window once things become hard to find at MSRP. Which I don't know if this will be, maybe eventually.[/QUOTE]

Of course if you're buying to resell it's an entirely different discussion. I was speaking from the point of someone who would be buying it to keep for themselves. I just don't see the value, but to each their own.

[quote name='rbanez']Oh boy I wish I used that 15FREE code on my TLOU ppe preorder. $22 off would have been great on that one.[/QUOTE]
If I am not mistaken, by the time this code appeared, that was sold out.

[quote name='argyle']Of course if you're buying to resell it's an entirely different discussion. I was speaking from the point of someone who would be buying it to keep for themselves. I just don't see the value, but to each their own.[/QUOTE]
No no no, the desire for rarity is not directly related to the intention for resell.

I collect statues, along with other stuff (mostly rare oriental hand crafted items). And for any collector of anything, you want to collect the rare and valuable. Or else there would be no point of "collecting" if you could shell out an acceptable amount of cash anytime and buy the entire collection off Amazon. If this becomes hard to find, it is valuable (regardless of quality) to collectors and resellers alike, hence the motivation for monitoring the retailers' supply.

I mean come on, you have 100+ feedback, you must be a collector to some degree, you can understand this mentality.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Use coupon code 15FREE to get $22.50 off PS3 version at Gamestop[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Coupon code is still good (even though it "expired" back on 4/1); Saved myself roughly $15 and was able to cancel my Amazon order (which hasn't shipped yet).

Also, coupon code is good for free value shipping.

Does this come with any DLC codes? I have the 360 version. But $22 off sounds nice. I can just sell the PS3 copy. But if there's DLC then it would kind of defeat the purpose

[quote name='etcrane']The songbird statue will only hold its value until the inevitable songbird figure is released with equivalent quality. Given that the statue is medium quality plastic, I believe, I don't see the value skyrocketing anytime soon. A deluxe figure will run between $30 to $40 most likely, so paying $70 for a statue of similar quality right now seems a bit much.[/QUOTE]

Has this been announced, or is there a timeframe for this?

[quote name='prateeko']Has this been announced, or is there a timeframe for this?[/QUOTE]

Nope, pure speculation, however given that NECA has already produced an Elizabeth and Boys of Silence figure, with a motorized patriot figure coming soon, I would say it's nearly inevitable that a songbird figure will be produced within the next year.

BTW - if anyone is holding out on picking this up, but wants something really spectacular that's Bioshock Infinite related, grab the art book -

51RgIPu3YVL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX285_SY380_CR,0,0,285,380_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/The-BioShock-...5001828&sr=8-1&keywords=bioshock+infinite+art

IMO, it's way better than the strategy guide and nicer than most of the items in the CE.

- edit -

Just did some digging and evidently NECA does have a Songbird plush in the works that they've shown ... but I can't find any photos. They were/are also working on a Songbird figure but have run into some technical issues and it hasn't been shown as of yet. Will add any details I find ...

-edit 2 -

oh damn ... found a little treat for you guys ...

LG4kYUE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back