[IN STOCK] Bioshock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition $149.99 @ Amazon.com

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Was BioShock 1's CE super cheap a while after release? Because it's really expensive now, where as 2's released at $100 and dropped to like $20 two months after, and holds at about $40 now.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Bioshock 1 CE sold out launch day and never was restocked. I recall seeing it for sale on Ebay the week after release at 2-3X MSRP and it only went up from there.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Was BioShock 1's CE super cheap a while after release? Because it's really expensive now, where as 2's released at $100 and dropped to like $20 two months after, and holds at about $40 now.[/QUOTE]
Bioshock 1's CE was a gamble because it was a new IP, so it had a limited production. On top of that, it had one of the better collectibles of any CE.

So if a game is released and no one talks about it does it exist?

In line picking up my Infinite and the guy in front of me was getting Army of Two: Devils Cartel. Not one review yet for that game. I am going to guess it sucks.

The game is fantastic ... looks great on PC ... if anyone has any doubts about which version to pick up, I'd say go with PC. I'd also advise doing a digital purchase now and waiting for a price drop on this version later ... I think this will be a great set to get but I predict it's down to $100 or less in a few months and possibly even lower as time goes on.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So if a game is released and no one talks about it does it exist?

In line picking up my Infinite and the guy in front of me was getting Army of Two: Devils Cartel. Not one review yet for that game. I am going to guess it sucks.[/QUOTE]
The first two was all right. Great for mindless, action packed, casual local co op.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Historically speaking, from other bioshock games, it will drop like a rock.[/QUOTE]

The Bioshock 1 CE is still very expensive

The Bioshock 2 CE became very cheap

I'm guessing this CE, in the long run, will end up somewhere in between.

Bioshock doesn't seem to lessen in value (at least not normally). I took in a few games to gamestop recently (no-infinite-hype-then) and the only ones of actual value WERE Bio 1&2, go figure.

Great games, excited about Infinite but waiting for it to pop up on CAG for $40 (Got BL2 for $35 and H4 for $40 here thanks to you guys!!):p

If I had the money though I'd be getting this, looks awesome!

[quote name='TooPoor']The first two was all right. Great for mindless, action packed, casual local co op.[/QUOTE]

yea i had some fun with the first two. good co-op stuff.

as for this as much as i love bioshock. money + backlog of doom ill wait to see if this CE drops to the 50-80 range.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Bioshock 1's CE was a gamble because it was a new IP, so it had a limited production. On top of that, it had one of the better collectibles of any CE.[/QUOTE]

Now the original Bioshock CE was something else. A figure, making of DVD, and soundtrack for only $10 more. Not like today where those same items would result in a CE being priced $40 more.

[quote name='Vinny']Now the original Bioshock CE was something else. A figure, making of DVD, and soundtrack for only $10 more. Not like today where those same items would result in a CE being priced $40 more.[/QUOTE]
Ah, the good old days...

[quote name='Vinny']Now the original Bioshock CE was something else. A figure, making of DVD, and soundtrack for only $10 more. Not like today where those same items would result in a CE being priced $40 more.[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, the soundtrack was a 3 song sampler (with cool vinyl artwork).

The figure was the big draw for me. Not to mention the free 2nd figure and art book to make up for the first figure being damaged (but fixable).

Pre-ordered one of these up in December with BB credit, plan on it keeping it sealed regardless of value. Have the first two CE's and this will look nice in the collection.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']You're right, now these things cost almost as much as your damn game console.[/QUOTE]

yea the CE thing has gotten out of hand. seems like every damn game has a 100 dollar more CE these days.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']you're right, now these things cost almost as much as your seven year old damn game console.[/quote]

ftfy

My feeling is that this may drop another $20-30 bucks if at all - before it disappears completely.
Once Amazon & GS go OOS, hunting it down is not going to be easy

If you compare the quantity to what the OP listed since yesterday, amazon has sold half of them already.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Get it man[/QUOTE]

Damn well there goes $150! Kind of excited though, because this CE does look really sweet, and the game looks just as good!

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Damn well there goes $150! Kind of excited though, because this CE does look really sweet, and the game looks just as good![/QUOTE]
You took the right decision :d

Best Buy actually doesn't sell this. I would expect it to hold a bit of value but never exceed the $150 its going for now.

Since most retailers aren't carrying it and gamestop only really gets them for pre-orders I wouldn't expect to see it clearanced like Bioshock 2 CE was. It'll probably be more like the Metal Gear Solid Rising CE.

Amazon actually sent me the PS3 version when I ordered PC :( They have another overnighted to me.

[quote name='kayne2000']yea the CE thing has gotten out of hand. seems like every damn game has a 100 dollar more CE these days.[/QUOTE]

Only because you get a bunch of (I'm sorry) idiots that pay $150 for these things, they are just milking every penny they can from every self indulgent compulsive buyer. I'll think about it for $100 but never for $150, I almost got sucked into Metal Gear Rising but decided against it.

[quote name='jer7583']Best Buy actually doesn't sell this. I would expect it to hold a bit of value but never exceed the $150 its going for now.

Since most retailers aren't carrying it and gamestop only really gets them for pre-orders I wouldn't expect to see it clearanced like Bioshock 2 CE was. It'll probably be more like the Metal Gear Solid Rising CE.

Amazon actually sent me the PS3 version when I ordered PC :( They have another overnighted to me.[/QUOTE]

Actually Best Buy did. When I picked mine up at lunch, there were five other copies in the lock-up for pre-orders. They didn't have any on the floor which indicates it probably isn't a regular stock item, but they certainly did sell it and anything not picked up within a week will be sold in the store.

well it's not like i buy every one - everyone has a game that's special to them that They either want to support more fully or get some extras out of. Plus $150 isn't that much.

The last CE I bought was... Halo 4? and that one wasn't even that much considering the season pass. before that it was.. Mass Effect 3, I think.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually Best Buy did. When I picked mine up at lunch, there were five other copies in the lock-up for pre-orders. They didn't have any on the floor which indicates it probably isn't a regular stock item, but they certainly did sell it and anything not picked up within a week will be sold in the store.[/QUOTE]

okay, I saw a few of the smaller limited editions behind the pre-order counter, but none of the songbird ones, and it's not even on their website.

[quote name='Scorch']This won't be mass produced like Bioshock 2's CE was. Ken Lavine said that once it's gone, it's gone.[/QUOTE]

says every publisher and developer concerning every CE made ever.

[quote name='jer7583']okay, I saw a few of the smaller limited editions behind the pre-order counter, but none of the songbird ones, and it's not even on their website.[/QUOTE]
i don't want to sound like i am beating a dead house, but bestbuy is only sending out the Songbirds to those who preordered it. Unless you preordered the songbird edition, you will not be getting it. Since they had already fulfill their preorder #s for the songbird edition. There was a few threads over a bby official forum regarding the songbird edition no longer available for preorder in store/ online at bestbuy.com. There will not be "extra" found in your store, unless the person who preordered decides not to pickup his songbird editions.

[quote name='skiizim']Only because you get a bunch of (I'm sorry) idiots that pay $150 for these things, they are just milking every penny they can from every self indulgent compulsive buyer. I'll think about it for $100 but never for $150, I almost got sucked into Metal Gear Rising but decided against it.[/QUOTE]
I say the same things about DLC, which I have a bigger problem with.

So I got mine last night from gamestop and llllllooooovvvvveee it. Still debating whether to keep the statue in the box or not just simply cause the box looks really cool as well. One question though, any one notice the base for the songbird doesn't sit completely level? Mine in the front is raised like just a little bit, not a lot but kinda annoying being it cost so much.

[quote name='TooPoor']I say the same things about DLC, which I have a bigger problem with.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the bastards got me with Black Ops 2 season pass.

If people think this is expensive, then look at the price video game figure collectors pay for some stuff.
And no I am not going to call them names, because if someone is indulging themselves in what pleases them - it doesn't make them idiots

That said - it is expensive for what it comes with, but still damn sweet. Love the artwork on songbird box

[quote name='alwayscheaper']You're right, now these things cost almost as much as your damn game console.[/QUOTE]

yea the CE thing has gotten out of hand. seems like every damn game has a 100 dollar more CE these days.

[quote name='skiizim']Only because you get a bunch of (I'm sorry) idiots that pay $150 for these things, they are just milking every penny they can from every self indulgent compulsive buyer. I'll think about it for $100 but never for $150, I almost got sucked into Metal Gear Rising but decided against it.[/QUOTE]

yep while i am guilty of this to some degree....but we are a nation(world even??) of consumers....addicted to credit cards and debt....oh well the math will catch up to us sooner or later.

I'm sorry man but screw off with your insults. If you don't like it just keep it to yourself :drool:

I am seriously contemplating selling my sealed pokemon red to get enough money for this, but I know that'd be worth more in the long run, I sure hope this thing does get cheaper along the way and doesn't end up being rare, or I'll really regret that :cry:

[quote name='coopscohen']GameStop also has this available for :360: and :ps3:[/QUOTE]

so much for being rare.. :( If you look at all CE almost all of them go below retail. So nothing new here. At least the game should be fun.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']so much for being rare.. :( If you look at all CE almost all of them go below retail. So nothing new here. At least the game should be fun.[/QUOTE]

good as i want it but dont have 150 dollars and not keen on spending that much lol.....dont get me wrong its bioshock and i am sure that game will rock but eh i can wait.

The game is AWESOME and the statue is absolutely GORGEOUS! Do I feel bad for blowing $150? Sure. But I'm an impatient, impulsive buyer. I NEEDED this. :cool:

I know they all look the same, but I still wanted to show mine off. Songbird, you so sexy.

575716_10151489677750256_1876938334_n.jpg

[quote name='WingsDJY']How does it compare to the Skyrim dragon? I've heard the Skyrim one was kind of cheap feeling.[/QUOTE]

I've got that one as well. It's very detailed and looks quite cool... but you heard correctly, it's rather cheap feeling/looking. I'm assuming this is because of the actual size of the thing (keep costs down).

It's still a great statue though!

bread's done
Back