[IN STOCK] Bioshock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition $149.99 @ Amazon.com

[quote name='TooPoor']IGN has an unboxing video, at work now, somebody can kindly post the video.[/QUOTE]

I cannot find it on YouTube yet. It is only with their player and to be honest I have no idea if I can embed it or not.

I bought the premium. I still think I will like it even though the Handyman figure is REALLY small. It makes sense since it is for a board game but it is small. The key chain looks great and that is what i wanted out of it. Artbook looks good and I am undecided on what to do with the digital goodies. If they are items you can get in a play-through I might try to sell them since I am also buying the Season Pass tonight and it comes with the early bird stuff. Having it might make a 1999 modes play-through a bit easier though.

Songbird looks good. Smallish though. 7 inches tall but the wings are pretty impressive.

[quote name='TooPoor']IGN has an unboxing video, at work now, somebody can kindly post the video.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I have to say that I will not be surprised when I see a bunch of posts here complaining about receiving damaged Songbird boxes in the next few days. Both the outer box and the Songbird statue box look like they are made of the thinnest chipboard available. I can't believe they would stick a $150 collector's edition in flimsy packaging like that. On the IGN video, the guy damages the box just by opening it.

Speaking of the Handyman figure, does anyone else find it rather odd that Plaid Hat Games' website makes absolutely no mention of the upcoming board game, aside from a few unanswered topics in their forum asking about it. Just seems odd that they wouldn't be hyping the board game (*cough*cancelled*cough*) with the release of a Premium Edition of the game containing a piece from said "upcoming" board game.

The statute looks pretty cool, but this edition was too rich for my blood. Maybe I can pick it up for cheap somewhere down the line, probably unlikely though. The Premium Edition looks pretty lame IMO so I'm glad I stuck with my vanilla version from BB.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']The statute looks pretty cool, but this edition was too rich for my blood. Maybe I can pick it up for cheap somewhere down the line, probably unlikely though. The Premium Edition looks pretty lame IMO so I'm glad I stuck with my vanilla version from BB.[/QUOTE]
a few will most likely end up in amazon warehouse for cheaper, but it all depends what is the price you consider cheap enough to pick it up.

[quote name='etcrane']Speaking of the Handyman figure, does anyone else find it rather odd that Plaid Hat Games' website makes absolutely no mention of the upcoming board game, aside from a few unanswered topics in their forum asking about it. Just seems odd that they wouldn't be hyping the board game (*cough*cancelled*cough*) with the release of a Premium Edition of the game containing a piece from said "upcoming" board game.[/QUOTE]

Well if they cancel the board game then the handyman piece will at least have a little more rarity I guess...silver linings?

[quote name='granturismo']Sorry but it looks really lame.[/QUOTE]
Just out of curiosity, which CEs did you consider awesome?

[quote name='TooPoor']Just out of curiosity, which CEs did you consider awesome?[/QUOTE]

Bioshock 2! Even though you weren't asking me haha, I LOVE that edition enough that I bought it for both PS3 and PC. You get so many items, all in physical form as well, and I believe it retailed for $100. It was an absolute steal!

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Bioshock 2! Even though you weren't asking me haha, I LOVE that edition enough that I bought it for both PS3 and PC. You get so many items, all in physical form as well, and I believe it retailed for $100. It was an absolute steal![/QUOTE]
Especially when it was clearance for $10 at bestbuy.com

I have to admit, I thought Songbird would be a bit bigger ... but then, I went digital with my PC version and I'm holding out for a sale on this in 6 months. Sure, it may not happen, but if it does then I'll grab one

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Bioshock 2! Even though you weren't asking me haha, I LOVE that edition enough that I bought it for both PS3 and PC. You get so many items, all in physical form as well, and I believe it retailed for $100. It was an absolute steal![/QUOTE]
Well, honestly a quality comparison should all be based on MSRP

Wish I was active on CAG when that Bioshock 2 deal happened I would of totally jumped on it since that's a CE I really want. The Vinyl and Posters were really cool additions.

I'm hearing some bad things about the statue but going to judge for myself when I pick it up tomorrow and if it's not as big as i thought no problem since I can display without taking to much room.

Has anyone's CE Guide from Amazon shipped?

Reports of the rarity of this edition have been greatly exaggerated.
BGPgONsCcAEwElV.jpg:large

[quote name='diazt350']Wish I was active on CAG when that Bioshock 2 deal happened I would of totally jumped on it since that's a CE I really want. The Vinyl and Posters were really cool additions.

I'm hearing some bad things about the statue but going to judge for myself when I pick it up tomorrow and if it's not as big as i thought no problem since I can display without taking to much room.

Has anyone's CE Guide from Amazon shipped?[/QUOTE]

The art book was also very impressive ... equivalent to the Bioshock Infinite artbook that is currently selling for $20 separately right now. Too bad the era of huge CEs seems to be fading fast though ...

[quote name='YBX87']Especially when it was clearance for $10 at bestbuy.com[/QUOTE]

I bought the PS3 one at launch and then the PC version for under $15. I put all of the contents in that box to use so I definitely got my money's worth out of it.

Cancelled my 2 preorders as it was readily available over the weekend. Either way I would have gotten it but this way I won't have to sell a second copy to make my personal copy cheaper.

[quote name='slickkill77']I got the Bioshock 2 SE for cheap and I love it[/QUOTE]

Pretty much hoping for a sub 50$ find on this I have been :drool: for the past month

My guide has shipped. I'm guessing flippers cancelled a ton of these on Amazon as the price on ebay is close to retail. Thats what they get lol

[quote name='granturismo']Sorry but it looks really lame.[/QUOTE]

That statue is much smaller than I expected it to be. The wings make it look "big" and the it doesn't really look like a high quality statue. The other extras are very weak. And it doesn't even appear to be rare. I really wish I hadn't gotten this now.:whistle2:/

I'm not going to lie, I'm really glad it came back in stock. The reviews have been phenomenal and Irrational seems to be such great people. I'll definitely support this game. Plus the statue will look amazing hovering over my desk. So good!

[quote name='lydon']I'm not going to lie, I'm really glad it came back in stock. The reviews have been phenomenal and Irrational seems to be such great people. I'll definitely support this game. Plus the statue will look amazing hovering over my desk. So good![/QUOTE]

I dont mind spending money on CEs when they are games from companies I want, but as everyone has their own opinion this one is not worth $150 to me.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Some of the ebay auctions were selling for at or under retail price. Crazy.[/QUOTE]

People saw the unboxing on YouTube and they are smart to realize it doesn't worth $149.99. Gears of War 3 and Skyrim might not be as limited as this but they have much better quality and worth the money.

I meant the contents/goodies in the CE, not the game itself which is incredible.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Bought BioShock 2's CE at launch and I'm getting this one too. I'm just stoked to play the damned thing.[/QUOTE]

Good for you! I rarely buy any CE, especially if they are over $100, I feel after that companies are just trying to bleed you dry.

[quote name='TooPoor']Just out of curiosity, which CEs did you consider awesome?[/QUOTE]

#1 collector's edition for me is Gears of War 3 Epic Edition since PS2. Best detailed statue, good weight, tons of goodies. This, of course, has nothing to do with limitation on quantities. I buy CEs not because how limit it is; rather, on how much I like it and is it worth my money.

[quote name='skiizim']Good for you! I rarely buy any CE, especially if they are over $100, I feel after that companies are just trying to bleed you dry.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I have no doubt. I just know that I can't turn down anything with BioShock in the title. I'm 3 for 3 on CEs with these guys.

Now if this game miraculously ends up sucking somehow, I might change my tune. :)

[quote name='skiizim']Good for you! I rarely buy any CE, especially if they are over $100, I feel after that companies are just trying to bleed you dry.[/QUOTE]

I agree. But I do feel that $150 is a steep price for this. But I am still considering buying it for $150, lol.

[quote name='TaylorM06']I agree. But I do feel that $150 is a steep price for this. But I am still considering buying it for $150, lol.[/QUOTE]
if you really want it, you should not let other ppls opinion sway you from purchasing it. It is your own money that are being spend.

I was considering keeping mine sealed and buying the download version. Now that it's getting more available I will be happy to open and keep it. I still think the PC version of it will be somewhat rarer based on the numbers here, but it won't go crazy like MGS3 LE or something. It was looking that way a week ago.

good thing the digital version got discounted, made me cancel my pre-order of this. from the past CE of this price, most of them get discounted later on.

Eh.. it's cool, but not $149.99 cool. I love propaganda-related swag, but ultimately cancelled my preorder for :pc: and :360: Songbirds. I later cancelled the :pc: premium edition I had because the digital download discounts were so good.

Do you guys see this thing being common? I love video game statues, but I don't want to pay $150 for something right now to see it be $80 a month from now.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Do you guys see this thing being common? I love video game statues, but I don't want to pay $150 for something right now to see it be $80 a month from now.[/QUOTE]

Wont be a month, mayyyybe, by Black Friday, I see $10-20 discount increments.

If anyone wants one now I'd say hit up ebay, alot of the auctions are going around $130 or so. One guy from Miami has a bunch listed for xbox 360 and they are going for that price with free shipping, unless he got these off the back of a truck he's losing a good amount of money.

I was thinking about it but I'm going to pass, even at $130 that's a nice day trip somewhere for my wife and I instead of some trinkets. That also leaves one in the system for you all to get. Never say I didn't help any of you.

[quote name='lydon']I'm not going to lie, I'm really glad it came back in stock. The reviews have been phenomenal and Irrational seems to be such great people. I'll definitely support this game. Plus the statue will look amazing hovering over my desk. So good![/QUOTE]

Hovering over your desk?? Its the size of a paper weight lmaoo

[quote name='rieper']Hovering over your desk?? Its the size of a paper weight lmaoo[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this... made me lawl

[quote name='Hemi']Wont be a month, mayyyybe, by Black Friday, I see $10-20 discount increments.[/QUOTE]

Historically speaking, from other bioshock games, it will drop like a rock.

I saw the unboxing video, it is, a lot smaller shorter than one would expect, at least looks a lot shorter than the Skyrim statue.

[quote name='fishphoenix']It's a nice CE but I wouldn't pay $150 for it. To each their own.[/QUOTE]

Same here.
Now if it came with a season pass...

[quote name='StryderOmega']Historically speaking, from other bioshock games, it will drop like a rock.[/QUOTE]

Was BioShock 1's CE super cheap a while after release? Because it's really expensive now, where as 2's released at $100 and dropped to like $20 two months after, and holds at about $40 now.

bread's done
Back