IndieGameStand Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
New thread here.

Minimum is $0.25 and $1.00 or more will unlock a Steam key (when applicable). Beat the current average for bonus content.

How it works:
  • New game every 96 hours. Check back every 4 days for a brand new featured indie game.
  • Pay what you want. Every sale allows you to pick your own price and helps fund indie developers.
  • Support charity. A portion of the proceeds from each sale goes towards the charity of the game developer’s choice.
Past Deals
Currently on sale in the Game Store.
Blog

IndieGameStand on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
They might provide Steam keys after the fact, but it's not worth the risk.
Captain_obvious.jpeg

;)

More like moe blobs......the game looks fun if a bit frentic. Reminds me of that Sailor Moon puzzle game I played a while back and some others......maybe not my style for this game and I dislike the play areas bouncing.

Looks like a crappier version of Magical Drop, with static backgrounds and no online MP. Only appeal this game has to me is how much the cards will be worth if it releases on Steam before getting bundled. Oh and, found this on the game's site..

Hey, I am Endi Milojkoski from Macedonia.

Solo developer creating games for my satisfaction and sharing it with the rest of the world. I like old school, hard, challenging, arcade, puzzle games and this game has it all.
Magdalena is my wife and is responsible for all the awesome art and illustrations in the game! She is an artist gem that is still being brushed!

I'm thinking of shuttering this thread and just moving its posts to the Steam+ thread since there doesn't seem to be much following. Not in the OP, but just posted in the body.

Yay/Nay?

I don't always have time to keep with the Steam Thread.  When I don't I just poke into the smaller threads, IG, BS, IGS, Groupees.

I might miss some of these if they're just posted in the body of the steam thread.... but it's IGS, so oh noes.  

Looks like a crappier version of Magical Drop, with static backgrounds and no online MP. Only appeal this game has to me is how much the cards will be worth if it releases on Steam before getting bundled. Oh and, found this on the game's site..
Pretty sure that guy's command of the English language is a Tebow gem that is still being brushed.

I'm thinking of shuttering this thread and just moving its posts to the Steam+ thread since there doesn't seem to be much following. Not in the OP, but just posted in the body.

Yay/Nay?
*small voice*

Please post the actual deal in the OP if you decide to close this thread. Shocking as it may seem there is at least one person who checks the Steam OP for current deals before/instead of actually reading the thread.

*loud voice*

Whatever you decide to do THANKS for keeping everyone updated on the current deals!!!

I honestly dislike the Steam thread a little. I never know what's there. I haven't bought an IGS game in months but I do appreciate it this thread. If you want it to be part of the big forum...go ahead...I just find it hard to follow.

:lol: All the people who want this thread to stay haven't bought jack from IGS in ages and just want it for the popcorn value and/or the potential that they might have a good game someday that hasn't been bundled and they might actually buy it and not wait for it to show up in another bundle (even though they won't).

I'd say give it the axe, but if it floats your boat to keep it around then give us some Indef on Monkey Island serialization.

Kidding. I don't care. Do what you want.

But I still wouldn't complain to read about Neuro being chased by Monkeys. It's got more entertainment value than IGS.

Damned Indef. He spoiled me for my standards about threads regarding shitty sites no one cares about.

:lol: All the people who want this thread to stay haven't bought jack from IGS in ages and just want it for the popcorn value and/or the potential that they might have a good game someday that hasn't been bundled and they might actually buy it and not wait for it to show up in another bundle (even though they won't).
Hey. That's not true. I bought Castle (think I even BTA'd :wall:) right before it was put into 50 different bundles in the same week and given away for free on WGN.

I'd say give it the axe, but if it floats your boat to keep it around then give us some Indef on Monkey Island serialization.

Kidding. I don't care. Do what you want.

But I still wouldn't complain to read about Neuro being chased by Monkeys. It's got more entertainment value than IGS.

Damned Indef. He spoiled me for my standards about threads regarding shitty sites no one cares about.
Hey, I bought Retrobooster in the last month. ...though it has been a long dry spell before that.

That about describes it.

My last IGS purchase was in November. Of 2013.

Keep the thread alive! I buy games from IGS all the time and the thread has served as a good reminder for me to check out the BTA.

I'm at a point in my digital game life where I'm no longer looking for quantity games. It's embarrassing how many games I don't even recognized in my Steam library that came from bundles where I only cared about a few of the games.

I understand this thinking may seem like CAG blasphemy.

Keep the thread alive! I buy games from IGS all the time and the thread has served as a good reminder for me to check out the BTA.

I'm at a point in my digital game life where I'm no longer looking for quantity games. It's embarrassing how many games I don't even recognized in my Steam library that came from bundles where I only cared about a few of the games.

I understand this thinking may seem like CAG blasphemy.
You don't seem to have a grasp on what CAG is.

You don't seem to have a grasp on what CAG is.
Don't you dare question my CAG knowledge! Member Since 05 Aug 2006 (and lurker prior). I've listened to every CAGcast and Foreplay (and a decent number of Wombat's uninformed opinions). I own a copy of fuck on SNES in case I ever have the privilege to meet Cheapy (which chances are better than ever now that he's back in America). I fuck ing know what CAG is!

I just don't want to buy games that I don't want anymore. Being discerning is another way to be cheap.

Bleh I'm on mobile and was trying to be lazy.

Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Edit but not discerning enough I guess.

The problem with IGS is all the games are getting bundled. Think the last one I got was that one with 3 games including Samurai Jazz. They looked neat and I think have only been bundled once or twice. Course if they ever get on Steam then all of a sudden every bundle will have them.

If they saved up all the months games and BTA bonuses and made them a monthly bundle with a $2 tier and a BTA tier they'd be on to a winner

Don't you dare question my CAG knowledge! Member Since 05 Aug 2006 (and lurker prior). I've listened to every CAGcast and Foreplay (and a decent number of Wombat's uninformed opinions). I own a copy of fuck on SNES in case I ever have the privilege to meet Cheapy (which chances are better than ever now that he's back in America). I fuck ing know what CAG is!

I just don't want to buy games that I don't want anymore. Being discerning is another way to be cheap.
The funny thing is, none of that has anything to do with being a CAG. I've never listened to a CAGcast (or Foreplay, whatever that is. sounds sexual), I don't own fuck, and have never met CheapyD (who rarely posts deals on his own site.. he's too busy makin dat money from referral links).

I'd actually post more from IGS store, but I hate navigating their site. They have sales besides their rotating deal.  I think it wasn't that long ago, you couldn't even sort their sales by price. And I wish they'd put Desura/Greenlight icons in the list along with the available platforms, so I wouldn't have to click each one to check the status.

The only game I regret not buying from IGS was Letter Quest, which I ended up Gilby'ing at the last damn minute, and that game has yet to be bundled.

Also, when Cheapy does post, I wouldn't even be hesitant to not call those deals.

I've been happy with 2 of my 3 IGS purchases so far. I bought Spy Chameleon, which launched at $5 MSRP and was bundled (twice) not too long after, but was a game I enjoyed enough that I didn't regret it. I also bought 1849, which not only gave me TWO Steam keys and Playfire monies at the time, but hasn't seen a sale lower than 50% off and has been in a stupid-tier of 1 flash bundle. So those two were worth it. However, I also (admittedly because of the sale pitch in this thread) bought Soul Gambler.  :wall: But 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

My IGS haul:

Wyv and Keep (bundled in a shitty IR, glad I bought it. Good game)

Megabyte Punch (Good game, but bundled multiple times)

Mobiloid (Never been bundled, but the developer has been busy with a full time job delaying the steam release)

Rico (Never been bundled but not on greenlight :whistle2:(  y i buy dis)

Doom & Destiny/Spyleaks/MinerWarfare (all were bundled afterward)

Luminesca (Never been bundled, but the developer has been busy with a full time job delaying the steam release)

Pid (Bundled multiple times and given away free. Good game, but I regret buying it)

Elliot Quest (Only bundled in a shitty tier. No regrets.. yet)

Lost Marbles (Bundled multiple times, I think it was only in 1 good bundle so not too much regret)

Angvik (Bundled)

Inverto (Bundled)

Papo & Yo (Humble bundled, but I don't think the HB came with a steam key for the soundtrack)

Damn.  I guess we're doing this.

Good:

Letter Quest

OK if/when it ever shows up on Steam/leaves EA:

Jump/Boxer + Shin Samurai Jazz + The Way of the Pixelated Fist (no clue how none of these games have been Greenlit: that's basically the coin landing heads 50 times in a row at this point)

Operation Smash (Greenlit but dev appears to be on indefinite hiatus)

Children of Liberty (fun fact: the development of this game predates the Boston Massacre)

Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars (though it will probably be in a cheap bundle before it leaves EA/I play it - if ever for either)

Bad:

Dungeon of Elements

Papo & Yo

WTF:

Little Racers Street (BTA!)

Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars (though it will probably be in a cheap bundle before it leaves EA/I play it - if ever for either)
2 l8, it's been bundled a couple times. I think Operation Smash is the one game I regretted not buying from your list.

Oh and Samurai Jazz is on Steam, but I'm not sure if that's the same game as the one on IGS.

I've only bought Volt, Papa y Yo and LittleRacersSTREET from IGS.

I love LRS and played it a fair bit before it hit bundles and Volt is alright, again I played it a bit before bundles.

Papa y Yo was like immediately Humble Bundled and I still haven't played it.

I doubt I'll ever buy anything from IGS again. Even my major regret, Tower of Guns was eventually bundled ... and really wasn't that great.

2 l8, it's been bundled a couple times. I think Operation Smash is the one game I regretted not buying from your list.

Oh and Samurai Jazz is on Steam
It looks like it was BundleStars so I'm still OK.

Interesting. There are Greenlight pages for both Shin Samurai Jazz (IGS and nope) and Samurai Jazz. Treachery afoot?

EDIT: Shin is the sequel. samurai_jazz somehow got Greenlit even though it was never on IGS or anywhere else that I'm aware of (and everything else he released was). Not sure how that happened. Maybe Greenlight is alphabetical?

Anyways, the dev posted this in the Steam discussions:

Currently working on getting keys to those who had received it as "beat the average" content from Shin Samurai Jazz's IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Deal and am hoping to get those out as quick as I can.
But of the two IGS deals, the earlier one was Shin w/ Jump/Boxer BTA and the second was Pixelated Fist w/ Shin + Jump/Boxer BTA. So neither looks to have included samurai_jazz. Guess we'll see.

It looks like it was BundleStars so I'm still OK.

Interesting. There are Greenlight pages for both Shin Samurai Jazz (IGS and nope) and Samurai Jazz. Treachery afoot?
They're 2 different games apparently. I found this in the description, which indicates Shin is the "newer" game.

Unlike it's predecessor, samurai_jazz, Shin Samurai Jazz features jumping mechanics inspired by chuunori, an old technique used in kabuki theatre to give the illusion of flying.

They're 2 different games apparently. I found this in the description, which indicates Shin is the "newer" game.
Yeah, I had to investigate and edited my post. The dev seems to be under the impression that the original was BTA content for an IGS deal and is willing to issue keys, but it isn't listed on the earlier BTA, and is neither listed nor in my wallet for the second.

You win this round, Blaze Epic.

The only game from IGS I bought was Brandon must die, which was a binding of Isaac ripoff. It seems to have been abandoned, so at least there's no bundle remorse!

I own way too much on IGS but haven't bought much lately. There's only a few purchases there I didn't regret because they weren't later bundled all to hell.. Crashed Lander, Letter Quest (great game btw), I guess Elliot Quest too since Spoder pointed that out.

I like the idea of just buying (or not) a game because you want it and they have some nice features like letting devs upload their own Steam keys (fuck you Play Injector where's my damned Sick Brick Steam key the dev is trying to give to you?) but the reality is the vast majority of games on IGS featured deal get rebundled. I don't really blame the devs either because it's not like IGS moves very many copies at all during those 96 hours.

I own way too much on IGS but haven't bought much lately. There's only a few purchases there I didn't regret because they weren't later bundled all to hell.. Crashed Lander, Letter Quest (great game btw), I guess Elliot Quest too since Spoder pointed that out.

I like the idea of just buying (or not) a game because you want it and they have some nice features like letting devs upload their own Steam keys ( fuck you Play Injector where's my damned Sick Brick Steam key the dev is trying to give to you?) but the reality is the vast majority of games on IGS featured deal get rebundled. I don't really blame the devs either because it's not like IGS sells moves very many copies at all during those 96 hours.
lol I think SickBrick keys were just uploaded to PlayInjector

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back