iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) / Mac App Stores -- Ongoing Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Now with Wiki Editable Goodness!!

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it was getting very close to the 5,000 thread mark, I figured it was time for a reset.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions.

Games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

148 Apps
App Shopper iOS / App Shopper Mac
Free App Alert
Touch Arcade
Free App A Day

App & Game Review Sites

IGN Wireless
MacLife iPad
MacLife iPod/iPhone
Slide to Play
Touch Arcade
Touch Gen
TUAW Games

Free App offers from Developers
• Get a free copy of the Number Fill app for iOS by sending an email to [email protected] with subject "iOSApp:" (while supplies last).

YouTube Video Reviews

iPad Game Reviews
iPhone\iPod Touch Game Reviews

Apple Game Center
Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games are starting to support this. Currently this only runs on iPod & iPhone, but an update will be coming soon that enables this for iPad users.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center Exchange Thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs. You can also exchange OpenFeint & Plus+ names there.

ITUNES GIFT CARD SALES
Gamestop: 6/8 to 6/14, $25 iTunes gift card for $20

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.

2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.

3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.

4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.

5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.

6. Apps can be re-downloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.

7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.

8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

9. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.

10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

11. Universal Apps have a small plus sign in the upper left corner next to their price. They can be played natively on both the iPad and iPod/iPhone. iPhone games that are not universal can still be played on the iPad with a lower resolution. Non universal iPad games cannot be played on the iPhone.

Recommended Games by Genre
Feel free to add games, genres or move titles as needed. This list is to give CAGs a chance to catch up on missed high-quality games and to get new users started on "can't miss" titles to download for their new idevice. Underlined titles are universal (ipad and iphone/ipod touch). Italic are iPad only.

Casual - Tiny Wings, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope. World of Goo, Osmos, Bird Strike - GOLD EDITION, Parachute Ninja, Pilot Winds, Depict, Flight Control, Time Geeks: Find All!, Bird Zapper!, Tapper World Tour, Amazing Breaker
Shooter - Tilt to Live, Galaxy on Fire 2, Espgaluda II, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Space Miner: Space Ore Bust, Radiant, Warblade, MetalStorm: Online, Minotron 2112
F/TPS/Action - Shadowgun, N.O.V.A., N.O.V.A. 2, Infinity Blade, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, Dead Space, Shadow Guardian
Dual-Stick Shooter - Age of Zombies, Minigore, Solomon's Keep, Solomon's Boneyard
Action/Arcade - Jet Ball, Super Mega Worm, Zombie Highway, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Plunderland
Adventure - Super Brothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Broken Sword: Director's Cut, Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror Remastered, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, Sam & Max Episode 1, Scarlett and the Spark of Life, Back to the Future Ep 1 HD, Back to the Future Ep 2 HD
Platformer - League of Evil, Mirror's Edge, Kami Retro, Pix'n Love Rush, Soosiz, Fastar!, Frogatto, Rolando, Rolando 2, Creepy Caverns, :Shift:, Robot Wants Kitty, Perfect Cell, Beyond Ynth, Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Hoggy, Edge
Endless Runner - Hook Champ, Super QuickHook, Hook Worlds, Monster Dash, Solipskier, Robot Unicorn Attack, Inspector Gadget's MAD Dash, Run Like Hell! Deluxe
Tower Defense - Plants vs. Zombies, Holy Moly Dragons, Defender Chronicles, iBomber Defense, The Creeps!, Geodefense, Geodefense Swarm, Epic War TD, Sentinel Mars Defense, Sentinel Earth Defense, Sentinel Homeworld, Guns'n'Glory, TowerMadness
RPG - Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Zenonia 3, Battleheart, Dungeon Hunter I & II, Across Age, Chaos Rings, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy, Secret of Mana (yes, that Secret of Mana :D), 100 Rogues
Puzzle - Azkend, Sparkle, Bejeweled 2, Dungeon Raid, Drop7, Puzzle Agent, Trainyard, Puzzle Quest 2, Crosslogic, bitFLIP, Love Battle Princess, Heroes of Kalevala, Antrim Escape 1/2
Card/Dice - Sword & Poker 1 & 2, World Series of Poker Hold'em Legend
Sim - Game Dev Story, Hot Springs Story, Sims: Ambitions
Strategy - Civilization Revolution, Trenches, Crystal War, Legendary Wars
Sports - NBA Jam, Backbreaker Football, Backbreaker 2, Flick Kick Field Goal
Fighting - Street Fighter IV, King of Fighters-i002
Racing - Asphalt 6, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed: Shift, Real Racing 2, Reckless Racing, Disc Drivin', Jet Car Stunts, Death Rally, Tires of Fury
Time Management - My Kingdom for the Princess 1 & 2, Hotel Mogul, Airport Mania, Roads of Rome HD
Board Games -Small World, Carcassonne, Catan, Words With Friends, Reiner Knizia's Samurai, Neuroshima Hex
Trivia - MovieCat, You Don't Know Jack
Hidden Object - Little Things, Pictureka
Non-Game Essentials -
Appshopper, Atomic Web Browser, Stanza, CloudReaders, Flipbook, TuneIn Radio Pro, Dropbox, Air Video+, Evernote, Video Stream, mBox Mail, Genius Scan, Urban Spoon, Documents To Go Premium

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Wario64']Mirror's Edge is free on the App Store: iPhone http://j.mp/uuepn0 iPad http://j.mp/t9PT1Y[/QUOTE]
Excellent! Looking to bolster my iPad library. Funny how many EA games I've picked up for it: Dead Space, NBA Jam, this.
Scrabble is pretty dope (currently $5, though it's been less), because you can use your iPhones as a letter tray (free app). Tried it last night. Lots of crappy negative reviews on iTunes, but the game seemed solid to me.

Getting an ipad for xmas, so will hop on itunes and start downloading a bunch of currently-free ones- how is mirrors edge??

Also, anyone try chrono trigger on ios yet?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Getting an ipad for xmas, so will hop on itunes and start downloading a bunch of currently-free ones- how is mirrors edge??[/QUOTE]

Mirror's Edge is fun. Not terribly long, but a good time. Grab it for sure.

Also, according to their twitter feed, the update to Carcassonne and the 1st set of expansions have been submitted to Apple, so the update should be out any day now. Yeah!

Capcom's Final Fight has dropped to 99 cents (from $2.99):

http://appshopper.com/games/final-fight

It seems to have good reviews. Anyone tried it?

[quote name='envelopes']Yeah I would suspect it would stay there. It's $10 for PS3/PSP. Secret of Mana is what, $12? And that hasn't had a release since SNES days. The only other place there was the rerelease of FF3 is on DS, which is still much more than $16.[/QUOTE] $9.99 on PS Store is expensive too. It should've been $9.99 for FFIV + CT. Or at least release them individually for $5.99. I hate SE tax, especially when they prey on nostalgia like this. It's a good price for people that never played CT, but I won't double-dip for that much.

[quote name='joebootoo']Just added a few Winning Time (6) and How to Cook Everything (14) codes to the spreadsheet. Please be a pal and keep any comments or thanks on the spreadsheet itself...[/QUOTE]

Where is this spreadsheet?

Thanks!

can anyone explain why is it an HD version and a regular version of games? as far as i know the iphone 4 display is much better so what gives?

[quote name='Mr.']I'm a bit weary of these free-to-play games, but that screenshot with the slogan, PLAY FOR FREE *MAKE EVIL PAY* made me chuckle.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was funny, too. But I just played the tutorial mission and I love it. It is very Red Dead, which is awesome. And if I can supposedly get through the whole game without buying anything, then I am a happy camper!

[quote name='mightymek']I thought that was funny, too. But I just played the tutorial mission and I love it. It is very Red Dead, which is awesome. And if I can supposedly get through the whole game without buying anything, then I am a happy camper![/QUOTE]

I just tried a few missions, and while the game is very nice looking, it has a very FarmVille sort of feeling. Zero story and character development, and missions are only there to give you something to shoot at. It's a shame that such a great looking game could be so boring in an effort to ride the FarmVille train.

[quote name='Wario64']Flight Control is free on App Store. iPhone: http://j.mp/tn3hPt iPad: http://j.mp/v4HqXP

Great game[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this one! I've had flight control for a while and have enjoyed it well and although I haven't an iPad yet I've hoarding iPad apps for the day I do get one. Seeing as I could scored Flight Control HD for free that's one more title I can cross off my list.

I would have easily recommended this game when it wasn't free but now that it is, well heck you'd be a darn fool not to get it.

So in for Mega Man X when it drops to $0.99 if it doesn't launch for that price. Every Capcom game has been $1 at some point (at least the ones I have wanted to purchase-which is most if not all of them) IIRC. Passed on SSFIV Volt twice at that price now but I may cave next time. I wish they would make another Mega Man game. Though Inafune being gone makes me wonder if that might not be a bad idea...

thank you for Mirrors edge. So many times I was going to spend the $1 but resisted because I have so many games to finish. Pretty happy with the back log on the Iphone and PS3 thanks to this site.

Turtle Fly 2 is the new main FAAD game.
"Once upon a time, Dr. Winston was researching new power on a turtle, genetically modify it to make it fly and controllable. If the research succeed, then this technology can be applied to human. Dr. Winston believes one day every human can fly.
You're a turtle who can fly. Not with wings, but cola-powered jet-boosters attached to the turtle. The aim of the game is to progress your way through each day, and the only way to do so is completing achievements prior to the current day. These will range from reaching a certain height, collecting diamonds or hitting that top-speed your turtle can achieve.
Don't be fooled by how easy they sound - the blimps will try to get it in your way and diamonds will lure you towards them!"

Age of Monsters
is the OpenFeint FGotD.
"From the mind of Jeff Matsuda, the Emmy Award winning Producer and Creative Director of The Batman cartoon, and his team at Massive Joe Studios, AOM – RPS is the Rock Paper Scissors game to end ALL Rock Paper Scissor games.
Choose from a world of iconic monsters and send a rock paper scissors challenge to your friend. Talk some smack, or make it even more interesting by putting something on the line. Use your OpenFeint ID, Facebook, or Twitter to connect with all your other friends. Invite new friends via email or SMS."

',' ',' ',' ',' ',' body {',' background-color: white;',' color: black;',' padding: 0;',' margin: 0;',' font-family: tahoma, verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;',' overflow: hidden;',' }','',' div#switchesContainer input {',' margin-bottom: 0;',' }','',' div.toolbar {',' border-top: solid #ffffff 1px;',' border-bottom: solid #aca899 1px;',' background-color: #f1efe7;',' padding: 3px 5px;',' font-size: 68.75%;',' }','',' div.toolbar, div#search input {',' font-family: tahoma, verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;',' }','',' div.toolbar input.button {',' padding: 0 5px;',' font-size: 100%;',' }','',' div.toolbar input.hidden {',' display: none;',' }','',' div#switches input#clearButton {',' margin-left: 20px;',' }','',' div#levels label {',' font-weight: bold;',' }','',' div#levels label, div#options label {',' margin-right: 5px;',' }','',' div#levels label#wrapLabel {',' font-weight: normal;',' }','',' div#search label {',' margin-right: 10px;',' }','',' div#search label.searchboxlabel {',' margin-right: 0;',' }','',' div#search input {',' font-size: 100%;',' }','',' div#search input.validregex {',' color: green;',' }','',' div#search input.invalidregex {',' color: red;',' }','',' div#search input.nomatches {',' color: white;',' background-color: #ff6666;',' }','',' div#search input.nomatches {',' color: white;',' background-color: #ff6666;',' }','',' div#searchNav {',' display: none;',' }','',' div#commandLine {',' display: none;',' }','',' div#commandLine input#command {',' font-size: 100%;',' font-family: Courier New, Courier;',' }','',' div#commandLine input#evaluateButton {',' }','',' *.greyedout {',' color: gray !important;',' border-color: gray !important;',' }','',' *.greyedout *.alwaysenabled { color: black; }','',' *.unselectable {',' -khtml-user-select: none;',' -moz-user-select: none;',' user-select: none;',' }','',' div#log {',' font-family: Courier New, Courier;',' font-size: 75%;',' width: 100%;',' overflow: auto;',' clear: both;',' position: relative;',' }','',' div.group {',' border-color: #cccccc;',' border-style: solid;',' border-width: 1px 0 1px 1px;',' overflow: visible;',' }','',' div.oldIe div.group, div.oldIe div.group *, div.oldIe *.logentry {',' height: 1%;',' }','',' div.group div.groupheading span.expander {',' border: solid black 1px;',' font-family: Courier New, Courier;',' font-size: 0.833em;',' background-color: #eeeeee;',' position: relative;',' top: -1px;',' color: black;',' padding: 0 2px;',' cursor: pointer;',' cursor: hand;',' height: 1%;',' }','',' div.group div.groupcontent {',' margin-left: 10px;',' padding-bottom: 2px;',' overflow: visible;',' }','',' div.group div.expanded {',' display: block;',' }','',' div.group div.collapsed {',' display: none;',' }','',' *.logentry {',' overflow: visible;',' display: none;',' white-space: pre;',' }','',' span.pre {',' white-space: pre;',' }',' ',' pre.unwrapped {',' display: inline !important;',' }','',' pre.unwrapped pre.pre, div.wrapped pre.pre {',' display: inline;',' }','',' div.wrapped pre.pre {',' white-space: normal;',' }','',' div.wrapped {',' display: none;',' }','',' body.searching *.logentry span.currentmatch {',' color: white !important;',' background-color: green !important;',' }','',' body.searching div.searchhighlight *.logentry span.searchterm {',' color: black;',' background-color: yellow;',' }','',' div.wrap *.logentry {',' white-space: normal !important;',' border-width: 0 0 1px 0;',' border-color: #dddddd;',' border-style: dotted;',' }','',' div.wrap #log_wrapped, #log_unwrapped {',' display: block;',' }','',' div.wrap #log_unwrapped, #log_wrapped {',' display: none;',' }','',' div.wrap *.logentry span.pre {',' overflow: visible;',' white-space: normal;',' }','',' div.wrap *.logentry pre.unwrapped {',' display: none;',' }','',' div.wrap *.logentry span.wrapped {',' display: inline;',' }','',' div.searchfilter *.searchnonmatch {',' display: none !important;',' }','',' div#log *.TRACE, label#label_TRACE {',' color: #666666;',' }','',' div#log *.DEBUG, label#label_DEBUG {',' color: green;',' }','',' div#log *.INFO, label#label_INFO {',' color: #000099;',' }','',' div#log *.WARN, label#label_WARN {',' color: #999900;',' }','',' div#log *.ERROR, label#label_ERROR {',' color: red;',' }','',' div#log *.FATAL, label#label_FATAL {',' color: #660066;',' }','',' div.TRACE#log *.TRACE,',' div.DEBUG#log *.DEBUG,',' div.INFO#log *.INFO,',' div.WARN#log *.WARN,',' div.ERROR#log *.ERROR,',' div.FATAL#log *.FATAL {',' display: block;',' }','',' div#log div.separator {',' background-color: #cccccc;',' margin: 5px 0;',' line-height: 1px;',' }',' ',' ','',' ',' ',' ',' ',' Filters:',' trace',' debug',' info',' warn',' error',' fatal',' all','
',' ',' Search: ',' ',' Regex',' Match case',' Disable',' ',' ',' ',' Filter',' Highlight all','
','
',' ',' Options:',' Log',' Wrap',' Newest at the top',' Scroll to latest',' ',' ',' ','
','
','
','
',' ',' ',' ',' ','
','
',' ','',''];};var defaultCommandLineFunctions=[];ConsoleAppender=function(){};var consoleAppenderIdCounter=1;ConsoleAppender.prototype=new Appender();ConsoleAppender.prototype.create=function(inPage,container,lazyInit,initiallyMinimized,useDocumentWrite,width,height,focusConsoleWindow){var appender=this;var initialized=false;var consoleWindowCreated=false;var consoleWindowLoaded=false;var consoleClosed=false;var queuedLoggingEvents=[];var isSupported=true;var consoleAppenderId=consoleAppenderIdCounter++;initiallyMinimized=extractBooleanFromParam(initiallyMinimized,this.defaults.initiallyMinimized);lazyInit=extractBooleanFromParam(lazyInit,this.defaults.lazyInit);useDocumentWrite=extractBooleanFromParam(useDocumentWrite,this.defaults.useDocumentWrite);var newestMessageAtTop=this.defaults.newestMessageAtTop;var scrollToLatestMessage=this.defaults.scrollToLatestMessage;width=width?width:this.defaults.width;height=height?height:this.defaults.height;var maxMessages=this.defaults.maxMessages;var showCommandLine=this.defaults.showCommandLine;var commandLineObjectExpansionDepth=this.defaults.commandLineObjectExpansionDepth;var showHideButton=this.defaults.showHideButton;var showCloseButton=this.defaults.showCloseButton;var showLogEntryDeleteButtons=this.defaults.showLogEntryDeleteButtons;this.setLayout(this.defaults.layout);var init,createWindow,safeToAppend,getConsoleWindow,open;var appenderName=inPage?"InPageAppender":"PopUpAppender";var checkCanConfigure=function(configOptionName){if(consoleWindowCreated){handleError(appenderName+": configuration option '"+configOptionName+"' may not be set after the appender has been initialized");return false;} return true;};var consoleWindowExists=function(){return(consoleWindowLoaded&&isSupported&&!consoleClosed);};this.isNewestMessageAtTop=function(){return newestMessageAtTop;};this.setNewestMessageAtTop=function(newestMessageAtTopParam){newestMessageAtTop=bool(newestMessageAtTopParam);if(consoleWindowExists()){getConsoleWindow().setNewestAtTop(newestMessageAtTop);}};this.isScrollToLatestMessage=function(){return scrollToLatestMessage;};this.setScrollToLatestMessage=function(scrollToLatestMessageParam){scrollToLatestMessage=bool(scrollToLatestMessageParam);if(consoleWindowExists()){getConsoleWindow().setScrollToLatest(scrollToLatestMessage);}};this.getWidth=function(){return width;};this.setWidth=function(widthParam){if(checkCanConfigure("width")){width=extractStringFromParam(widthParam,width);}};this.getHeight=function(){return height;};this.setHeight=function(heightParam){if(checkCanConfigure("height")){height=extractStringFromParam(heightParam,height);}};this.getMaxMessages=function(){return maxMessages;};this.setMaxMessages=function(maxMessagesParam){maxMessages=extractIntFromParam(maxMessagesParam,maxMessages);if(consoleWindowExists()){getConsoleWindow().setMaxMessages(maxMessages);}};this.isShowCommandLine=function(){return showCommandLine;};this.setShowCommandLine=function(showCommandLineParam){showCommandLine=bool(showCommandLineParam);if(consoleWindowExists()){getConsoleWindow().setShowCommandLine(showCommandLine);}};this.isShowHideButton=function(){return showHideButton;};this.setShowHideButton=function(showHideButtonParam){showHideButton=bool(showHideButtonParam);if(consoleWindowExists()){getConsoleWindow().setShowHideButton(showHideButton);}};this.isShowCloseButton=function(){return showCloseButton;};this.setShowCloseButton=function(showCloseButtonParam){showCloseButton=bool(showCloseButtonParam);if(consoleWindowExists()){getConsoleWindow().setShowCloseButton(showCloseButton);}};this.getCommandLineObjectExpansionDepth=function(){return commandLineObjectExpansionDepth;};this.setCommandLineObjectExpansionDepth=function(commandLineObjectExpansionDepthParam){commandLineObjectExpansionDepth=extractIntFromParam(commandLineObjectExpansionDepthParam,commandLineObjectExpansionDepth);};var minimized=initiallyMinimized;this.isInitiallyMinimized=function(){return initiallyMinimized;};this.setInitiallyMinimized=function(initiallyMinimizedParam){if(checkCanConfigure("initiallyMinimized")){initiallyMinimized=bool(initiallyMinimizedParam);minimized=initiallyMinimized;}};this.isUseDocumentWrite=function(){return useDocumentWrite;};this.setUseDocumentWrite=function(useDocumentWriteParam){if(checkCanConfigure("useDocumentWrite")){useDocumentWrite=bool(useDocumentWriteParam);}};function QueuedLoggingEvent(loggingEvent,formattedMessage){this.loggingEvent=loggingEvent;this.levelName=loggingEvent.level.name;this.formattedMessage=formattedMessage;} QueuedLoggingEvent.prototype.append=function(){getConsoleWindow().log(this.levelName,this.formattedMessage);};function QueuedGroup(name,initiallyExpanded){this.name=name;this.initiallyExpanded=initiallyExpanded;} QueuedGroup.prototype.append=function(){getConsoleWindow().group(this.name,this.initiallyExpanded);};function QueuedGroupEnd(){} QueuedGroupEnd.prototype.append=function(){getConsoleWindow().groupEnd();};var checkAndAppend=function(){safeToAppend();if(!initialized){init();}else if(consoleClosed&&reopenWhenClosed){createWindow();} if(safeToAppend()){appendQueuedLoggingEvents();}};this.append=function(loggingEvent){if(isSupported){var formattedMessage=appender.getLayout().format(loggingEvent);if(this.getLayout().ignoresThrowable()){formattedMessage+=loggingEvent.getThrowableStrRep();} queuedLoggingEvents.push(new QueuedLoggingEvent(loggingEvent,formattedMessage));checkAndAppend();}};this.group=function(name,initiallyExpanded){if(isSupported){queuedLoggingEvents.push(new QueuedGroup(name,initiallyExpanded));checkAndAppend();}};this.groupEnd=function(){if(isSupported){queuedLoggingEvents.push(new QueuedGroupEnd());checkAndAppend();}};var appendQueuedLoggingEvents=function(){var currentLoggingEvent;while(queuedLoggingEvents.length>0){queuedLoggingEvents.shift().append();} if(focusConsoleWindow){getConsoleWindow().focus();}};this.setAddedToLogger=function(logger){this.loggers.push(logger);if(enabled&&!lazyInit){init();}};this.clear=function(){if(consoleWindowExists()){getConsoleWindow().clearLog();} queuedLoggingEvents.length=0;};this.focus=function(){if(consoleWindowExists()){getConsoleWindow().focus();}};this.focusCommandLine=function(){if(consoleWindowExists()){getConsoleWindow().focusCommandLine();}};this.focusSearch=function(){if(consoleWindowExists()){getConsoleWindow().focusSearch();}};var commandWindow=window;this.getCommandWindow=function(){return commandWindow;};this.setCommandWindow=function(commandWindowParam){commandWindow=commandWindowParam;};this.executeLastCommand=function(){if(consoleWindowExists()){getConsoleWindow().evalLastCommand();}};var commandLayout=new PatternLayout("%m");this.getCommandLayout=function(){return commandLayout;};this.setCommandLayout=function(commandLayoutParam){commandLayout=commandLayoutParam;};this.evalCommandAndAppend=function(expr){var commandReturnValue={appendResult:true,isError:false};var commandOutput="";try{var result,i;if(!commandWindow.eval&&commandWindow.execScript){commandWindow.execScript("null");} var commandLineFunctionsHash={};for(i=0,len=commandLineFunctions.length;i

So I have received a few friend requests recently(newest one from someone named Dancer Girl or something similar). Since this is the only place I talk about IOS games I assume they are either random ass people adding me for no reason or people from this site. I am always happy to add a new CAG to my friends list, but I dont want to add some random ass person thats not even from this site. If any of you send friend requests id appreciate sending a message here first, otherwise I just delete the request.

[quote name='crunchewy']

Capcom's Final Fight has dropped to 99 cents (from $2.99):

http://appshopper.com/games/final-fight

It seems to have good reviews. Anyone tried it?[/QUOTE]

It's the same game as the one in the Capcom Arcade app, it is good but would be better if universal. Also the Street Fighter II Trilogy that was on sale a week or two ago is in the same app. The game is full price in the Capcom Arcade right now but just FYI its the same game no need for anyone to double dip.

Edit: actually you can try it for free in Capcom Arcade if you want, I think you get 10 credits to use on any of the games once a day.
http://appshopper.com/games/capcom-arcade

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked this question awhile back but I can't find the replies. How should one go about replacing their last iPhone (in my case the 3GS) with a new one (4S)? My 3GS has it's service turned off and I should be getting my 4S tomorrow. Is it as easy a restoring through iTunes? Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='Hostile']I asked this question awhile back but I can't find the replies. How should one go about replacing their last iPhone (in my case the 3GS) with a new one (4S)? My 3GS has it's service turned off and I should be getting my 4S tomorrow. Is it as easy a restoring through iTunes? Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Easy as long as you backed your information up on your PC. You simply plug your phone into your PC and it should sync all your information i.e. contacts, mail accounts, text messages and such to your phone.

By the way. Dead Rising Mobile dropped to .99 if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the tip on gamedev story. Been waiting for that to drop to 99 cents again. Going to be my first Kairosoft game so hopefully it lives up to the hype.

[quote name='crookshow']Thanks for the tip on gamedev story. Been waiting for that to drop to 99 cents again. Going to be my first Kairosoft game so hopefully it lives up to the hype.[/QUOTE]

For those of you with Android handsets, Game Dev Story was $0.10 as part of the Android Market's 10 billionth download. It may well pop up again over the next few days as several games have made more than one appearance. The on-sale apps update daily.

[quote name='MSI Magus']So I have received a few friend requests recently(newest one from someone named Dancer Girl or something similar). Since this is the only place I talk about IOS games I assume they are either random ass people adding me for no reason or people from this site. I am always happy to add a new CAG to my friends list, but I dont want to add some random ass person thats not even from this site. If any of you send friend requests id appreciate sending a message here first, otherwise I just delete the request.[/QUOTE]

I'm dancer girl ... or maybe I'm not ... actually, pretty sure that wasn't me ... unless it was ... which it wasn't.

[quote name='etcrane']I'm dancer girl ... or maybe I'm not ... actually, pretty sure that wasn't me ... unless it was ... which it wasn't.[/QUOTE]

Heh. As I said I never mind...I just hate getting requests and having no clue if the person knows me from somewhere or what.

SkySafari 3 is free until Monday:

http://appshopper.com/education/skysafari-3

This is basic version of SkySafari 3. It shows you 120,000 stars, plus 220 of the best-known star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies in the sky. It displays the Solar System's major planets and moons using NASA spacecraft imagery, and includes the best-known asteroids and comets.

SkySafari 3 accurately shows you the sky from any place on Earth, at any time up to one million years in the past or future. It includes encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets written by professional astronomers. And it contains hundreds of images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers.

If you have an iPhone/iPad with a compass, or an iPod Touch with a gyroscope, SkySafari can help you identify stars and planets by holding your phone next to them. Tap the Compass/Gyro button (or shake your phone) to activate the compass - now, as you move the phone around, the sky chart follows your motion. Search for any object in the sky, and follow the arrow on screen to find it!

SkySafari 3 has a "Night" button to preserve your dark adaptation as you're exploring the night sky. The Time Flow feature lets you animate the night sky using simple VCR controls - follow the motion of the stars and planets as SkySafari compresses days, months, and years into a few seconds.

Ancient War II for iphone and iPad is Free:

http://appshopper.com/games/ancient-war-Ⅱ

*CLASSIC CASTLE-DEFENSE STRATEGY*

✓ play LIVE ONLINE against players from AROUND the WORLD
✓ pick a STRATEGY, and UPGRADE all of your TROOPS
✓ BATTLE thru an EPIC TRIBAL WAR CAMPAIGN

★★★★★

*MENU MINI-GAME*

✓ wield GODLY POWERS in your POCKET
✓ PLAY w/ your TRIBESMEN, fling, flick, be NAUGHTY or NICE
✓ try out your FULL SET of SKILLS on those INNOCENT LITTLE GUYS

[quote name='E-Z-B']SkySafari 3 is free until Monday:

http://appshopper.com/education/skysafari-3
[/QUOTE]
This app is amazing if your into science or astronomy. Or just like to know what is shining in the clouds at night. I just used it and it's very accurate when you aim the iPhone to the sky and look up. It showed the moon and other stars surrounding it. And where I'm located I turned the iPhone south up at the sky. And I saw a bright star and the app identified it as Jupiter and it is.

Cool app. Thanks again bud.

I have a question regarding iOS 5 and iCloud for any of you experts. If I have multiple devices, all on iOS 5, can I sync a specific game's saves (Infinity Blade II) across all the platforms? Right now, I have an iPt3 which is a little too underpowered to play the game, but my wife has an iPhone 4 which I can play the game on. Later, I plan on getting an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4s, so i would like to be able to get the save off of the 4/iCloud, and use the same save (ideally synced like transfarring) on the iPad and 4s. Possible?

[quote name='iowaholdem']I have a question regarding iOS 5 and iCloud for any of you experts. If I have multiple devices, all on iOS 5, can I sync a specific game's saves (Infinity Blade II) across all the platforms? Right now, I have an iPt3 which is a little too underpowered to play the game, but my wife has an iPhone 4 which I can play the game on. Later, I plan on getting an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4s, so i would like to be able to get the save off of the 4/iCloud, and use the same save (ideally synced like transfarring) on the iPad and 4s. Possible?[/QUOTE]

From Chair's FAQ
Does Infinity Blade II work with iCloud? How does it work?
If you have OS 5.0 or later installed, and iCloud set up, your Infinity Blade II game saves will automatically be saved online each time you play (while connected online).$ iCloud will also allow you to share save files between iOS devices which are set up use the same iCloud account.$ For information about how to set up a free iCloud account, see Apple’s iCloud Support page.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Infinity Blade 2 crashes at almost every load on my 3gs. Wonderful[/QUOTE]

Foiled by the Apple iterative hardware machine.

If I were an IB enemy, I would not even bring a sword. I would just twist and dance and do low shield sweeps and kicks because apparently those are the most powerful attacks known to man

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back