iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tenchim86']Really enjoying Plants vs Zombies for the iPhone. It has achievements, adventure mode, and quick play. Great port from the PC version.[/QUOTE]

What's quick play like?

[quote name='doodofdoods']What's quick play like?[/QUOTE]

Haven't played it yet. I have to beat the entire adventure mode first to unlock it.

[quote name='cheapbastard']Voltron is down to .99, just downloaded it and it's a good game if ur a fan of the show.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.... I picked it up.... for 99 centcs... well worth it

Picked up Plants vs. Zombies, and played for about a half-hour. The PC version was one of my favorite games last year, and so far it seems like they did an excellent job on the port.

[quote name='cheapbastard']Voltron is down to .99, just downloaded it and it's a good game if ur a fan of the show.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I actually had no clue this was out! You are awesome!

The cool thing is that I have been watching the series for the first time from start to end. This is perfect!

[quote name='DietPoopSoda']Wow, I actually had no clue this was out! You are awesome!

The cool thing is that I have been watching the series for the first time from start to end. This is perfect![/QUOTE]

no problem. just goes go to show u how big the app store has become.. i stumbled across it a couple of weeks ago by accident but just waited patiently for it to go on sale.

Picked up Plants vs Zombies and it is a awesome port. The controls are top notch and the mini games are so perfect fer the iphone once unlocked. Great buy

[quote name='punkmaggit']fucking sold. My wife and I play HOMM3 to this day and we've dreamed of a mobile version of it. She's already addicted to The Creeps. If she picks up this one, I might have to get another iPod Touch just for her!![/QUOTE]

I would suggest just buying her a touch, I had to do that for my wife cause she was always on mine and rarely got a chance to use it, LOL!!!

[quote name='BlindPete']Picked up Plants vs Zombies and it is a awesome port. The controls are top notch and the mini games are so perfect fer the iphone once unlocked. Great buy[/QUOTE]

can you play the minigames by themselves after completing the campaign?

Man, I don't have my iphone connected to my credit card since I'd buy 50 billion apps otherwise, and I just got a $15 card to get Chinatown Wars. ... Depression.
Did buy Palm Heroes though, can't wait for that.

I was out of iTunes money and my closest Coinstar was moved so I walked a lot further today to drop coins into a machine. I hope I remember my awesome PvZ (Protoss vs. Zerg if anyone was wondering) starting strategy because I don't at the moment.

In for Textropolis (I love a good word game, though I haven't tried this one yet), and picked up Steampunk Hockey yesterday.

I'm on the fence about Plants vs. Zombies - everybody says it's great, but I got tower defensed out quite some time ago. I never even finished GeoDefense.

Hmmm. I picked up a couple of discounted iTunes cards at BestBuy yesterday (BB is offering 10% off them this week if you hadn't heard). I was thinking of actually splurging on a couple of non-sale titles and PvZ was at the top of the list. I don't know anything apart from the generally glowing reviews, but I've got everything else that Popcap has released for the Pod. Anyone else want to sway me one way or the other on PvZ or any other worthy titles? You guys usually come up with some great recommendations. Thanks!

If you don't already have PvZ for the computer, buy the iPod version. It's fun, smart, and charming like nothing you've ever seen before. Easily worth $3.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Hmmm. I picked up a couple of discounted iTunes cards at BestBuy yesterday (BB is offering 10% off them this week if you hadn't heard).[/QUOTE]

They're also sold online with free shipping and no tax (in NY at least). Also Bing.com has 5% cashback.

[quote name='Hostile']They're also sold online with free shipping and no tax (in NY at least). Also Bing.com has 5% cashback.[/QUOTE]

brownie points, buying a $15 card now

I wish walmart.com shipped iTunes cards for free. 97 cents from them, but I have $30 in e-giftcards and their BCB is 10%. Hmm. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger just because of that damn 97 cents! :)

[quote name='doodofdoods']So is there any word on the mini-game/puzzle portions of Plants vs Zombies making their way to the App store ?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean, what is the word on an update that would expand the game? They never delivered on an update to Peggle to add the music that is missing from that port, an update that they promised would be coming. They aren't even saying anything about an update to PvZ, so what are the odds of one coming anyway? About -5000%, if I were to guess.

Missing music isn't the same as extra game modes, though. They could sell those two modes as separate $2.99 releases. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Holy crap street fighter 4 announced the iphone / ipod xd . That is sooo crazy . Capcom will do anything for money these days lol[/QUOTE]
LOL it better be 99 cents!

[quote name='decon']LOL it better be 99 cents![/QUOTE]
We all know it will be $9.99 unless they decide to make it 99 cents and add just Ken and Ryu then for an additional 99 cents per character you get the rest of the games fighters.

[quote name='Hostile']They're also sold online with free shipping and no tax (in NY at least). Also Bing.com has 5% cashback.[/QUOTE]

I thought 'gift cards' weren't eligible for Bing. Has this actually gone through for anyone past the 60 day wait and deposited into $ available?

Stupid me if this works on iTunes cards.

[quote name='Kachu']Been watching that since I got my touch. Ill bite for a dollar.[/QUOTE]

I would also recommend the logitech touch mouse. It's free and works a bit smoother.

http://appshopper.com/link/touch-mouse

EDIT: Sorry. Noticed Air Mouse Pro 2.0.1 has smoother mouse movement. Might be better than the logitech mouse since it has more features.

I'd pay $2.99 each for Peggle Night Deluxe DLC and more game modes in Plants Vs Zombies! Here's to hoping (especially a Peggle update)!

Speaking up updates, has Gaia ever mentioned updates to Swords & Poker for more levels? It just seems so strange the "story" ends on level 27 (rather than a multiple of 5 like previous bosses), as well as there then being another 10 levels to go through. That makes no sense to me. I'm bummed out that the end is so near for me!

^
You're crazy. But I applaud your gung-ho attitude in anticipating the future use of said apps. :applause:

Might as well get the iPad at this point.

If those 240 consists mostly of game apps, you'll remove most of them soon after playing. Some games I just touch the screen less than 10 times and I delete it, that's how bad they are.

[quote name='Hibiwa']
Might as well get the iPad at this point.[/QUOTE]

And lose all practical portability?

Pass....

[quote name='anathema728']If those 240 consists mostly of game apps, you'll remove most of them soon after playing. Some games I just touch the screen less than 10 times and I delete it, that's how bad they are.[/QUOTE]

So true... there's only so many sliding puzzle games I can take. And then compound that with oodles of games that either don't play well or look like total ass... or are simply not fun.

bread's done
Back