iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
Back on Topic

676379.png

iCS - Sniper
i-CS is a first-person shooter game. The mission of players is killing the enemy.
After you select new game, you'll face many enemies at the same time. They will hurt you by throwing hand grenades. What you need to do is trying your best to kill most enemies in limited time.

FREE!!!

http://www.appshopper.com/games/ics-sniper-2

[quote name='107proof']Wow, I am sure I am older than most in this forum. But young man, This is no special deal, this is a standard Zero interest card that is available everyday of the year. The kicker is, if by chance you don't pay it off in the zero interest time limit. on the 366th day. All the interest that had been building up on that card, will now be owed by you. You could end up paying Hundreds more than you imagined. So I understand you are young and it is a good way to build up credit. Just be careful. My advice to you is, Don't buy more than you can afford, you must have self control. If you do decide to go this route, make your initial purchases and call the # on the back of the card and have the company put your account in a "payment only" state. Then Cut the card up. This way you will not be allowed to purchase any more items and you wont be tempted to put any more items on the card. The more you charge, the less likely you will pay it off in time. That is what they are hoping for. Once you pay it off, call the company and CLOSE the account.

Credit cards are convenient but can get out of hand quickly, especially when your young. Don't screw up your credit when your young, it will haunt you the rest of your life. Use control and be sure you pay it off before your year is up.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

This is the truth. I did some stupid things when I was younger and it took me forever to get everything straightened back out. Its a good deal as long as you are disciplined enough to stick to your plan or pay it off early.

Now I only do things in cash and only have my cards laying around for emergencies that come up. I'm going to be picking up one of the iPad 3G's this weekend but will definitely be paying cash for it.

Only downside is that my wife says I have to "share" it with her ... which I am taking to mean I will hardly ever see it. :oldman:

Picked up Raging Thunder 2. Very fast and fun. It's a frantic racing game with great controls and I nice upgrade system.

[quote name='107proof']If your only expense is $30, then I would put at least $500 a month toward it to get it paid off as soon as possible. or, just save that money for 3 months and buy it outright without having to get a credit card.[/QUOTE]

Well, I will probably put around $250 a month toward it. Then it will only take me around 7 months to do!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Getting the $1200 13 inch MacBook Pro. 16Gb iPad.

I get $100 off the Mac with my school discount...

No, get this. I don't have money like THAT but there is this credit card you can sign up for in the Apple store. It gives you 12 months to pay whatever you want off. You pay however much you want per month. It's 0 interest if you do it in that first year! So I did the math. I pay only $150 a month and I can have both of these beasts paid off in exactly a year! This also includes iWork and a case for the iPad! This is just awesome!!! I make a little over $800 a month so 150 is nothing... That and my $30 phone bill are all I will have to pay every month!!! I plan to buy a digital camera next week and then a PS3 in 3 weeks... Then in 5 weeks I will probably be going for this deal!!! Yes!!![/QUOTE]

Wait until June, students usually get a free ipod touch and free printer for their back to school deal. I've used this deal twice in 3 years, they should do it again this year.

[quote name='eastx']I don't know how you could think that. Are you his alt or something? :/

...[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol: :applause:

Yeah, I made the switch to Ignore a couple of weeks ago.

Probably mentioned already but I just noticed it popped up on Appshopper.

032390.png

Zombie Attack! Bridge Defense XL its FREE and apparently has been
Universal
*Now iPad Enhanced* Plays on all iDevices! iPhone, iPod and iPad enhanced. Download once, play on ALL!

I personally havent tried this one, but have tried their other ZA! games and are pretty good. I will definitely pick this one up for FREE!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombie-attack-bridge-defense/id338032390?mt=8

p.s. - Its "fool proof", not "full proof".... and if you can pay it off in time, then it truly is. ;)

[quote name='rcpettit']Wait until June, students usually get a free ipod touch and free printer for their back to school deal. I've used this deal twice in 3 years, they should do it again this year.[/QUOTE]

^this. Seriously, they do the back to school promo every year; wait a couple months.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Getting the $1200 13 inch MacBook Pro. 16Gb iPad.

I get $100 off the Mac with my school discount...

No, get this. I don't have money like THAT but there is this credit card you can sign up for in the Apple store. It gives you 12 months to pay whatever you want off. You pay however much you want per month. It's 0 interest if you do it in that first year! So I did the math. I pay only $150 a month and I can have both of these beasts paid off in exactly a year! This also includes iWork and a case for the iPad! This is just awesome!!! I make a little over $800 a month so 150 is nothing... That and my $30 phone bill are all I will have to pay every month!!! I plan to buy a digital camera next week and then a PS3 in 3 weeks... Then in 5 weeks I will probably be going for this deal!!! Yes!!![/QUOTE]You have to get accepted with the credit card and I make around $850 a month and have two credit cards and no debt and pay it off every month but the reason they didn't let me have the card was because they were only open for around 2 years.

Sure must be great to have mother and father to gives you money. I'm graduating with almost $9k in debt this June and my dad is letting me know, "tough shit". Lulz.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']But making over $800 a month...[/QUOTE]

You think that's a lot. That's cute.

But if you want to learn the hard way...

I racked up thousands in debt by my early 20s, took me years to pay off. Years of my phone ringing every 5 minutes from collectors. Scarred me enough that I'll never do anything that requires an investment or loan, like starting a business.

$800 a month is definitely a lot if you have little or no living expenses.
Not that I'm interested in the annoying kid's financial situation... I'm just sayin'.

Hell yes! I finally got the Omnipotent Gangster award on Tilt to Live!!! The new update is bad fucking ass!

I also picked up hungry shark and it is pretty damn good.

Well, it looks like all the freebie app site offerings have already been mentioned (Super Turbo Action Pig, Battle Bears, Uggy, etc.) so I give you this game instead: Box 'n Bug (http://www.appshopper.com/entertainment/box-n-bug).

"*** What We're Playing by Apple - iTunes
*** #TOP 1 Free app in Brazil

The game Box n’ Bug mixes strategy and accuracy in a unique game play.

Helping bugs to gather food for the winter season, piling boxes, one over another, higher and higher. Show yourself what you are capable of and get to the highest height possible placing the maximum of boxes you can."

Hey, it's the #TOP app in Brazil. . .how can you go wrong?

[quote name='eastx']I don't know how you could think that. Are you his alt or something? :/

I hadn't thought of ignoring the ol' Thief either, but it is indeed better to have less inane endorsements for games and more real discussion.[/QUOTE]

an alt that calls himself annoying. makes sense...

you know what I do when I want to ignore someone? I scroll down. Shocking I know

A feature such as ignoring users allows for people just to ignore someone just for the hell of it. It's stupid

[quote name='mcdaking84']an alt that calls himself annoying. makes sense...

you know what I do when I want to ignore someone? I scroll down. Shocking I know

A feature such as ignoring users allows for people just to ignore someone just for the hell of it. It's stupid[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but the ignore feature here doesn't make their comments completely disappear, rather you see a line saying that their message was hidden because they are on your ignore list, and you can click a "View Post" link to show the message if you want (or you can un-ignore them). It's like an auto-collapse for a user you find annoying, but it still allows you to see their message if you want to. I have a few people in my ignore list.

I'm really enjoying all the free games mentioned on here. I'm now iffy to buy any games knowing that some will drop to free every now and then. i bought a 1.99 game for the hell of it and it didn't compare to some of the free games listed here.

[quote name='deletion']above[/QUOTE]
the cags who read/post in this thread are pretty friendly and helpful with recommendations
evidence: i don't really seen any omgthisdealhasbeenpostedlearn2search

feel free to ask about any iffy buys or recommendations

what was that $2 game?

I don't know if it's still free or not, but it was this morning, and I have to give a thumbs up to Little Metal Ball. It's kind of like Super Monkey Ball, but top down instead of that obnoxious 3D view. Also a bit like Labyrinth. Also you can jump. Moving platforms, switches, etc. Probably worth paying for even if it isn't free any more.

http://appshopper.com/games/little-metal-ball

Still free according to appshopper.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't know if it's still free or not, but it was this morning, and I have to give a thumbs up to Little Metal Ball. It's kind of like Super Monkey Ball, but top down instead of that obnoxious 3D view. Also a bit like Labyrinth. Also you can jump. Moving platforms, switches, etc. Probably worth paying for even if it isn't free any more.

http://appshopper.com/games/little-metal-ball

Still free according to appshopper.[/QUOTE]

Played through the first set of levels last night. Definitely worth picking up while it's free. Like you said its basically like Labyrinth. The controls are not quite as refined and the graphics are not up to par with it but it is still a decent game overall.

I did have problems with the moving platforms at first on the parts where you have to jump over the ropes while riding the platform. I would consistently wind up jumping off the front edge of the platform instead of just jumping over the rope. Took a bit of practice to get it right.

I will second Little Metal Ball, hopefully the free games a day will make it to the iPad as the number of apps grow for it.

The free games and this thread are a huge reason I picked up the iPad. Metal Little Ball is so-so on the iPad, but still free is free.

To review in the past month I picked up
Devil's Invasion
Sky Patrol
Chromixa
All three are top-notch.

Not free, but this is just too awesome. Extreme Sheepdog Trials. First of all, who doesn't like a sheep canon, and second of all, whistle-control? My god man. I'm definitely going to pick this up for $1.99 and give whistle control a try (I can whistle quite well, so I have my hopes up.)

http://toucharcade.com/2010/04/27/e...s-review-who-knew-sheepdogs-could-be-extreme/

Make sure you watch the second video to see the whistle control and/or the youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/extremesheepdog

EDIT: and I bought it. But I'm going straight up whistle control with this thing, unless it gets to frustrating, and I won't be able to try that out until later tonight - my officemate might complain. :)

Hey is a thread to talk about iphone stuff because the DS and PSP have whole sub-forums for themselves? I just want to be able to show people cool iPhone faceplate/backplate changes , because there are about 3 thread in the PSP section about people changing there faceplates .

It would be awesome if you could send me a PM if you know where I can find this thread , thanks :D

This is the only thread we've got, so as far as I'm concerned, post anything about the iPhone/iPod touch. I wish we'd get a forum setup like other platforms, but that has yet to happen.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Hey is a thread to talk about iphone stuff because the DS and PSP have whole sub-forums for themselves? I just want to be able to show people cool iPhone faceplate/backplate changes , because there are about 3 thread in the PSP section about people changing there faceplates .

It would be awesome if you could send me a PM if you know where I can find this thread , thanks :D[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228477

no one ever posts in the PSP section and all 3 of those faceplate threads were from me. A psp faceplate change is WAY different than getting a new case for an iPhone/iTouch.

I dunno if it's a definite get, but SFIV for $7 is better than SFIV for $9.99. :p

My only concern is if/when they release SSFIV for iphone. I'm still wondering if I should wait some more as I'm almost positive SSFIV for iphone is a guarantee....

Slightly off topic, but Im surprised cheapy doesn't have a referral link to the app store, this is one of the biggest threads on his website.

Gauntlet mode on tilt to live is cool. I've been playing the crap out of an older puzzler called green fingers, it's really hard and extremely addictive. Gonna pick up hungry shark in a bit.

[quote name='etcrane']I'm actually not a Linkin Park fan at all ... but this new app looks pretty interesting & seems to be garnering some decent reviews

709717.png

[/QUOTE]

i got it for the ipad...its a pretty cool concept, im not a huge fan of linkin park though. You see everyone else thats playing, and can talk to them, its almost like an MMO and it has real music for the soundtrack. I havent played much, but the fighting is EXTREMELY simplistic and not that fun. There are upgrades and weapons that might make it more fun, havent gotten that far yet.

[quote name='mis0']In for Sexy Poker. Hope it is sexy enough for me.[/QUOTE]

Just played a little bit of it, and once you get three or four hands in, she starts to bet clothing. ha...

bread's done
Back