Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn another free game missed, this time it was boowie! It always seems a couple of these temp type drops last hours and not a whole day not giving every cheap ass a chance to grab these freebies, curses....

For the question about Demon Hunter, it appears that there is a free version. Unfortunately, I can't justify the download of either.

Guudo Ball is currently FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guudo-ball/id373465988?mt=8).
"Swag your iphone or touch the screen by your finger ,make your guudo ball move to eat the blue ball , dodge the red one which will reduce your hp,and game will be over when your HP is less than or equal to 0.
There're 56 tasks in the games, and you can also challege the highest score in the world by using OpenFeint."

[quote name='Malik112099']For people that have Mega Jump:

Tilt the device completely sideways while playing and watch what happens[/QUOTE]

I just tried it. Are you referring to those anvil things or whatever they are? I actually made it through a first set of them, but didn't the second set.

[quote name='crunchewy']I just tried it. Are you referring to those anvil things or whatever they are? I actually made it through a first set of them, but didn't the second set.[/QUOTE]

yep...i figured out if you tilt the phone for 2 or 3 seconds and then hold it up right for a sec or 2 and then tilt again and keep repeating that you will go forever

Wow ... can't believe no one mentioned this ...

mzl.flsdqjri.320x480-75.jpg

$2.99 ... same as Canabalt ... except it's a fucking Robot Unicorn!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/robot-unicorn-attack/id374791544?mt=8

Oh, actually DoodofDoods did ... but some of you may have been scared off by the Erasure music video and no title ;)

[quote name='107proof']No one mentioned it because its not a cheap a$$ game deal. When it drops to $0.99 then it will be talked about. :D[/QUOTE]

Whaaaa aaa aaa ... oh sorry 107proof, it's not another crappy free tower defense game to post ;)

[quote name='speedy5044']EPIC FAIL !! Splinter Cell Conviction cost $13.99[/QUOTE]

I take it you're not in the US? $9.99 here, though I read earlier in the thread that it is indeed $13.99 in Australia I believe? I'd definitely wait, as the reviews are mixed and it will drop in price eventually.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']EPIC FAIL !! Splinter Cell Conviction cost $13.99[/QUOTE]

[quote name='speedy5044']EPIC FAIL !! Splinter Cell Conviction cost $13.99[/QUOTE]

what a weird echo. :???:

I grabbed Babo Crash since it was free, and even though I'm not the biggest fan of Bejewelled style games, this one is pretty damn impressive. I'm playing it on the iPad, and the graphics are great, and it definitely adds a bit to the formula with the "Hero's" that have special powers. I definitely recommend grabbing it.

Not a deal in the truest sense of the word, maybe, but a friend of mine was asking if Carcassonne was out yet on the iPhone, and even though I hadn't heard anything, I checked Appshopper, and it looks like it is indeed out now.

Sort of a deal, though, as it's launching for $4.99 and when they update it in the future to a universal iPhone/iPad app, it will rise to $9.99. I'll probably grab it, so if anyone wants to try internet gaming, let me know.

[quote name='Thrakker']Touch Arcade gave a good review to The Package http://appshopper.com/games/the-package
It's on sale for 24 hours for 99c, down from $2.99 most recently, and $3.99 at launch. Looks like a very pretty physics puzzler, though only 20 levels at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Just bought "The Package" and played it for about 30 minutes. Excellent game, recommend picking it up at 0.99 if you like puzzle games. The most similar game I can think of is "Enigmo", very similar game design and controls. I am playing it on an ipod touch 3G and it runs great, no problems for me thus far, no bugs or lag I can notice.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']carcassonne just came out, $4.99 introductory price, its going up to $9.99 (supposedly) when the ipad version comes out. probably not going to see it any cheaper anytime soon. one of the best board games around imo.

i set up this thread for discussion and match making

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263360[/QUOTE]

I never really understood this game, as I know it's based on a board game, but obviously the appeal is more in the game itself over the graphics from what I've seen both on LIVE and the iphone versions ... is the game itself solid and are there any good comparisons of other games that it is similar to? Any personal recommendations for specific aspects that stand out in the game? I know there's a discussion thread but I'm just curious and I know this thread has more regulars who may not go to the other thread.

its a strategy, turn base game. you place tiles to start the game, then decide how to build castle walls and place farmers that reward you points. placing castle walls and farmers can easily be thwarted by your opponents turn if you are not mindful of your opponent's motivation as well as your own.

very good I must say. I rarely lost. It's sort of like chess without you having to look 4+ moves ahead

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I am definitely downloading later, how many megabytes ?[/QUOTE]

58.5 mb.

if youre curious about the game check out the app page,

http://carcassonneapp.com/

anyone who gets it, feel free to pm me and we can set up some matches.

[quote name='etcrane']Whaaaa aaa aaa ... oh sorry 107proof, it's not another crappy free tower defense game to post ;)[/QUOTE]

why did you take my post so personal? There is no reason to get all upset. I was just stating why its not getting a lot of attention here in this forum. Because its not on sale. Once the price drops then it will be all over this thread.

War Evolved

343971.png

War Evolved in collaboration with FreeAppADay.com will be FREE today and today only!

War Evolved places you in command as you evolve through seven unique eras. Similar to the popular online flash game “Age of War,” strategy is key to defeat your opponent. The war begins in the caveman era and progresses all the way through to an era in the future. Key technologies include rock throwers, spitting camels, jousters, gun-wielders, tanks, helicopters, and space-age jets. War Evolved allows you to take control of more than just ground units – you are able to battle your opponent in the air as well in EVERY era.

http://appshopper.com/games/war-evolved

[quote name='107proof']why did you take my post so personal? There is no reason to get all upset. I was just stating why its not getting a lot of attention here in this forum. Because its not on sale. Once the price drops then it will be all over this thread.[/QUOTE]

Because Unicorns are serious business ... and the wink was supposed to imply I was giving you a hard time ;)

Octo's Tales 2 has dropped to FREE (http://appshopper.com/games/octos-tales-2).

"The frightful pirate Octo the octopus is back and angrier than ever in this new edition of Octo's Tales: even if defeated the UFO has not give up, but it's back again ready to strike Octo down.
In Octo's Tales 2 you will find all the features of the first chapter with new challanges and game mode. A new tutorial system will guide you trough the first steps of the game, to save your scores on the leaderboard and share them with the players all over the world! Would you like to listen to your music while playing? Now you can, just turn off the in game music in the main menu and launch your playlist.
Challange your friends in split screen in the brand new two player game mode: UFO or Octo? The choice is up to you, surely it will be an exciting challange!
But that's not enough: prove yourself in the Ufo Strike game mode, strike down as much UFO as you can, defend your ship and find the right way to get them down!"

Jet Ball got an update today that adds in-app "purchase" of new levels. First of all, let me say that I like this game a lot and I got it when it was free (maybe still free)? So I'm happy to push them some of my money for the new levels. However, when I "purchased" the levels for 99 cents, it turns out that you don't get all 20 new levels, you only get a smaller number of them. I think 5. So that would mean it's $4 for all the levels. Or maybe it was only 4 levels. Anyway, what I'm trying to get at, other then that, is that it didn't ask for my iTunes password! It clicked the Purchase button and then it said it was successful and that the new levels were available, and there there were. I have to presume that this in-app purchase is broken and I just got two sets of the levels for free, but I didn't really want to do that, I wanted to give them some money. On the other hand if I end up actually having been charged, then I'm going to be upset as that's not how it's suppose to work. I didn't even think it was possible for it to allow me to purchase levels without entering my iTunes password. So... I'm going to wait and see. I presume they'll push out another update that makes it actually charge you, and I'm going to wait for that before getting the other sets, as I do want to give them some money.

I'm over half way through Sword and Poker 2. It has really grown on me I must say. The difficulty started to get really steep at the Egyptian temple, but after beating that boss the gear upgrades and spells have made the game extremely easy again :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back