Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seanr1221']How's Prince of Persia?[/QUOTE]

I read a review saying that the controls were iffy and the game doesn't save your progress. All 12 or so levels are unlocked from the start.

Defend the castle is a great game for free. Does anyone know a castle defense game that doesn't involve flicking? Just upgrading and watching to see if the defense holds? Thanks.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Assholes, every one of you.

Zombie Infection is now $5. I'm tempted, but feel it will drop lower.[/QUOTE]

let me save you the trouble and post your review of it for you:

"Zombie Infection is awesome."

Yours truly,
King Sphincter

[quote name='DtotheP']Does that count as harrassment? Do we have grounds for banning finally?[/QUOTE]
I hope, yet I doubt for some reason it will be.

ATTACK FORCE dropped to $0.99

285667.png

Looks goodand has nice reviews.

An action packed shooter where you must defend 3 hapless civilians from the relentless onslaught of nasty villainous types.

Collect cash to upgrade your arsenal of weapons including pistols, shotguns, machine guns and sniper rifles.

Two control modes (touch or tilt), and two difficulty levels (easy and hard).

Includes OpenFeint providing 4 online leader-boards, achievement, chat rooms, friends tracking, Facebook and Twitter integration.

http://appshopper.com/games/attack-force

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread feels incomplete without someone saying it: Buy Spider The Secret of Bryce Manor!! Awesome, awesome game. Soon it will be a year since it came out and still nothing has come close to approach its quality. One of the best portable games I've played.

Monster Crush - Demolition
968801.png

In collaboration with OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day, Monster Crush is Free for TODAY only.

Alien Monsters have invaded the planet again.
Our weapons are useless.
There is only one way of stopping them: Crush them with our skyscrapers!
Plant your bombs in the tallest buildings and watch them fall on the invaders.
It's implosion time!

7 cities to liberate
42 unique puzzle levels

2 types of bombs:
1- The Black Bomb: Makes a nice round hole in a building but can only destroy soft materials.
2- The Cutter: Slices a piece off the building. Can cut through heavy steel.

Multiple puzzle game modes:
1- Bowling: Get a wrecking ball as far as possible.
2- Crush Monsters: Try to crush all monsters.
3- Girder Construction: Make constructions to guide the wrecking ball.
4- Demolition: Blow as much up as possible using high explosives.
5- Limbo Dancing: Get the building below a certain level.

Uses OpenFeint for online leaderboards and achievements
---

http://appshopper.com/games/monster-crush

[quote name='Ficken']Defend the castle is a great game for free. Does anyone know a castle defense game that doesn't involve flicking? Just upgrading and watching to see if the defense holds? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

My favorite one so far is that Biodefense Zombie Outbreak. Imagine Command and Conquer's way of building base defenses with tech trees (sort of). Real good

Sentinel 2 looks friggin and plays well. Build turrents and upgrade em.

I also really like Last Front : Europe. Really nice WWII style defense

[quote name='kurrptsenate']My favorite one so far is that Biodefense Zombie Outbreak. Imagine Command and Conquer's way of building base defenses with tech trees (sort of). Real good

Sentinel 2 looks friggin and plays well. Build turrents and upgrade em.

I also really like Last Front : Europe. Really nice WWII style defense[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to recommend "THE CREEPS!". It's more of a Tower Defense game, then a castle defense, but its in the same category as Sentinel. This game is what got me addicted to TD games. Hand drawn graphics, easy to learn interface, addicting game play, and several different game modes. This game is easily worth the $1.99 asking price.

670609.png

http://appshopper.com/games/the-creeps

Prince of Persia is great, though it's true that it doesn't save state on exit. The controls work quite well once you understand them. Most important: press and hold on the screen and then press right/left to walk instead of run. Press and hold on the screen to grab a ledge when jumping. Press and hold on the screen when going down a ledge to hang on, for cases when you don't know what's below you.

I love the game. It's also quite challenging.

Not only does swearing make you cooler - but taking pictures of yourself 'casually' flipping the bird gets you chicks! Seriously - I get the ladies callin' me 24-7 cause I post pics like that to all my profiles!!!

You go, fire-crotch! Show the world that one guy and his ipod can make an impact!

It's my index, and either way, I get what I get... Ya'll will never know.

More iPod apps will be bought very soon.

Don't kid anyone, all you get are rejections

Anyways 107 proof is right "the creeps" is amazing and even though it was free I paid for it....totally worth it

Definitely glad i jumped on it. There arent many fighting games on the iphone/touch. It feels pretty solid as well.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']It's my index, and either way, I get what I get... Ya'll will never know.

More iPod apps will be bought very soon.[/QUOTE]

sure we will. you think this is your own personal blog thread.

Because we secretly wish we WERE Fire_whore! He's like....the coolest guy in 8th grade!!! I heard he has cigarettes in his locker, and grabbed a girl's boobie one time!!! Without asking!!!

Man, I wish I could be him.

I'm going to start ignoring more than Fire_Thief from this thread. I find personal attacks and bullying to be far more obnoxious and off topic than his inane, harmless posts.

I know there is an edit button, but accessing it from the iPhone version of the page is more trouble than it's worth to me, as are you.

[quote name='DtotheP']I know there is an edit button, but accessing it from the iPhone version of the page is more trouble than it's worth to me, as are you.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree.

Crazy Basketball
In collaboration with OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day, Crazy Basketball is Free for TODAY only!

422922.png

☆Crazy Basketball game for the iPhone and iPod gives you a fun and different way to play basketball a using physics engine. The Best Pocket Basketboll 2010! Just Fun and Simple☆

Crazy Basketball have a physical engine, interesting backgrounds with Hundreds of animations and dozens of achievements.You will enjoy original music!

☆Intuitive touch-screen controls are easy to pick up and play for the whole family.
☆Unlimited Gameplay and entertaining free updates!

☆YOU CAN SEE☆
*Online and offline high-scores, competition system for your friends or other players
*Realistic physical engine
*Dozens of achievement and Hundreds of animations and 1000 OpenFeint points.
*Captivating Gameplay for every age
*Send your high-score at Facebook and Twitter

http://appshopper.com/games/crazy-basketball

Tower Madness is pretty cool if you haven't tried out other TD games. I think it was my first iPod game and I really enjoyed it... until I found the superior The Creeps, GeoDefense, etc.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']his posts don't piss me off. i just find it amusing trying to push his buttons[/QUOTE]
Mainly his picture or is that just me ??

The hack 'n slash brawler, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, is back on sale for FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/spartacus-blood-and-sand/id346761958?mt=8).

"Step into the arena. Hear the deafening roar of the crowd. Prepare to FIGHT! The Roman legions have disgraced you and the path to avenge them is soaked with blood and brutality! Prevail over your opponents in gruesome battles, and discover that the sword carves justice with a blade of retribution. Horrific tooth-and-nail fights ending in shocking carnage will quench your thirst for bloodshed. Finish your opponents with humiliating decapitations leaving them on the sand as a feast for circling vultures. You are the ultimate gladiator. You are Spartacus.

Based on the Starz Original TV series “Spartacus: Blood and Sand,” this 3D fighting game allows players to engage in intense combat as our Thracian hero fights for survival and freedom. Vie to become the top gladiator of Capua, compete in head-to-head multiplayer battles via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, or customize your fighting experience in the challenge and survival modes.

A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it."

[quote name='DtotheP']I know there is an edit button, but accessing it from the iPhone version of the page is more trouble than it's worth to me, as are you.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I really wish they'd update the iPhone version of cheapassgamer.com. There's no reason we couldn't have an edit button. Having to switch to the full website is a nuisance, though I'll do it if my error was particularly egregious. :)

[quote name='Dimsdale'] Free App a Day is featuring the word-association puzzler, iAssociate 2 (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=98).[/QUOTE]

There was a site on the web a few years ago called Word Web that was just like this app. Always been looking for another.

I don't post on here every time I take advantage of you guys tracking these, but it is appreciated every time. Thanks!

I finished iStunt, and really enjoyed it. It's basically like TrialsHD with terrible graphics. Still free I noticed. Check it out if you like Jelly Cars, I liked it more than Jelly Cars even.

I highly recommend Auditorium for free. I paid $.99 and don't regret it.

I'm watching Spartacus on netflix watch instantly right now, definitely going to check out the app. thanks dimsdale!

I highly recommend iAssociate 2. I've only played about an hour of it but its one of my favorite word games and that's coming from someone who's not a big fan of word games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back