Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Escargoexpress']Didn't notice that bit trip beat was iPhone 3gs or higher. My fault for not reading the description[/QUOTE]

Moar liek, your fault for owning such an outdated piece of shit that can barely run anything that comes out nowadays.

I hate "policing" threads since it totally isn't my place to... but isn't this thread for posting deals and such - and not discussing the technical differences between iPod models? :T

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Moar liek, your fault for owning such an outdated piece of shit that can barely run anything that comes out nowadays.

[quote name='gr8asianman']I'm a fan of ME, although I haven't really found the time to get into ME2 yet, but I guess I'll wait until it drops down to .99 again. Thanks.![/QUOTE]

Jacob and Miranda are ME2 characters, plus Galaxy was supposed to get you something in ME2, but I never really figured out what that was...

[quote name='Sylin']I've got a decent sleeve for my kid's IPT, but need screen shields for my wife's and my iPhone 4. Where do you find this SGP Oleophobic screen shield? I Googled it, and got reviews, but can't seem to find any stores that carry it, unless it's under something else?[/QUOTE]

Dont think they have them instore. I had to preorder my SGP Oleophobic from their website, should be shipped around October 8th or so.

White Knight HD is the latest OpenFeint Free Game of the Day (http://itunes.apple.com/app/white-knight-hd/id387635452?mt=8).

"For years the white knight has been trying to get his noble steed to learn new moves.
He's trying to make his horse run straight and diagonal lines. Unwilling to break the traditions of his ancestors, horsey refused.
Help the young horse prove that he can get anywhere using the steps he already knows.
Show the white knight that you can guide horsey though any obstacle, complex as it may be.

Using the classic "L" shaped chess-knight movement, navigate your horse to safty.
Don’t forget that time is short so fast thinking is required.
Seeing the bigger picture and planning ahead will lead you to success.
The more you practice - the faster you get."

Doodle Fish Farm: 100 Coins Everyday is one of the new FAAD featured titles right now (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/doodle-fish-farm-100-coins/id389311965?mt=8).

"Doodle Fish Farm is a virtual aquarium where you raise, feed, breed cute little fishes. When they are fully grown you can keep them or sell them to buy newer fishes. Remember to show your love to your fishes, clean the tank, and visit your neighbors to see who has the most beautiful fish tank. You can also play with them by tapping on the device screen. Decorate your aquarium as per your choice to gain experience and unlock more fishes. There are lots of backgrounds, corals, treasures to choose from. Special bubble decors let you decorate your tank to a new level. Also do not forget breeding as you can produce some very cute fishes ONLY by breeding."

[quote name='TheRock88']Dont think they have them instore. I had to preorder my SGP Oleophobic from their website, should be shipped around October 8th or so.[/QUOTE]

Actually its commonly found on ebay. It costs ~$15. The packaging insides comes with 2 screen protectors and a few more items.

[quote name='DtotheP']Every non-contributing lurker has come out of the woodwork to ruin this thread recently.[/QUOTE]

This. Can we please for the love of Christ get back on the topic of deals for the iPhone/iTouch? I've actually used this thread to find apps that were free or on sale *GASP!*

I don't believe it's been mentioned, but Maya Pyramid has dropped from $2.99 to $.99!

"A TRICKY SOLITAIRE CARD GAME VARIATION
Maya Pyramid is a variation of the "Pyramid" solitaire game. This variation requires you to form card pyramids by marking groups of cards which add up to 11.

KEY FEATURES OF THE GAME:
★ Hours of entertaining brain training
★ Maya Pyramid is a challenging variation of the "Pyramid" solitaire game
★ More than 70 unique level designs in 28 stages in Adventure mode
★ Build your very own Maya Pyramid out of 12 beautiful pyramid blocks
★ Experience the Maya jungle at night - depending on the time you play
★ Play the interactive tutorial to learn the basics of Maya Pyramid
★ Try to reach higher scores in Classic mode, share them with the world and compare them with your friends via OpenFeint
★ Beautiful Maya-themed artwork
★ Maya Pyramid is OpenFeint enabled"

...It's a fun little card game, but I'm still trying to find an exact copy of the Pyramid Solitaire game I always used to play on Yahoo! back in the day.

[quote name='DtotheP']After playing for a while, my fingers start to stick to the screen and I begin to swear. Anyone else experience this phenomenon?[/QUOTE]
When playing bit.trip? Yeah, I have that problem too.

The puzzler Shibuya is FREE until Monday (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shibuya/id327297971?mt=8).

"Shibuya is an atmospheric, challenging, and highly addictive little puzzle game. The gameplay is entirely unique -- this is not a clone of any other puzzle concept -- and is designed specifically to take advantage of a touch screen.

As a constant stream of empty blocks falls from the top of the screen, whichever one you tap is filled with the next color from the color previews. Fill the blocks before they land, taking into account colors which have already fallen and lining up pairs in reverse. Tap matched groups of two or more to remove them and make more room. Fill the screen with several matched colors to form combos, or group many of the same color for a Massive or Supermassive. If the stack hits the top of the screen and the timer runs out, it's game over."

Bomb stuff in a different way with Pigeon Squadron, the latest FAAD Gold offering (http://itunes.apple.com/app/pigeon-squadron/id376361689?mt=8).

"The pigeons WILL have their revenge! After centuries of being shooed, chased and abused as ‘flying rats’, the pigeons are fighting back! Bombs Away!

PIGEON SQUADRON WANTS YOU!
Join an elite team of paramilitary pilot pigeons prepared to relieve themselves at will in order to bring humans to their knees! Play as Philby, Burgess, Maclean and Blunt – each one with his own pooping prowess.

CRAPTASTIC MISSIONS!
Complete 45 missions where you get to drop your ‘payback payload’ on businessmen, hippies, beach bums, golfers, grandmas, tourists, ducks, school buses and more! Hit the moving targets and survive against the human objects thrown at you."

The knife throwing game Wheel of Misfortune is FREE for a limited time (http://itunes.apple.com/app/wheelofmisfortun/id386597378?mt=8#).

"Release your frustrations on the bankers, accountants, corporate criminals and evil polititions by having them assist you on the wheel of misfortune. Throw knives at various targets on the wheel situated around the assistant.

Remember, the goal of the game is not to hit your assistants, but to hit the other targets. You are just trying to scare them a little bit to speed up the process of economic recovery."

I'm with the above. This forum isn't for discussing the differences between devices, fixing broken screens or getting sticky fingers. It's for discussing price drops on apps. Let's please keep it in that realm. I am sure that someone would be eager to start a Hints, Tips, and Tricks topic to help with anything off-topic. In continuing with the trend, here are some deals:

Draw Slasher: Dark Ninja vs Pirate Monkey Zombies (Special Edition) $.99 -> Free
http://appshopper.com/games/draw-slasher-dark-ninja-vs-pirate-monkey-zombies-special-edition

Trap Master - Dragon's Treasure $.99 -> Free
http://appshopper.com/games/dungeon-crawler

Hook Me--The Creatures Of The Deep $1.99 -> Free
http://appshopper.com/games/bucket-me

Stone Wars $1.99 -> Free
http://appshopper.com/games/stone-wars

[quote name='Dimsdale']The puzzler Shibuya is FREE until Monday (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shibuya/id327297971?mt=8).

"Shibuya is an atmospheric, challenging, and highly addictive little puzzle game. The gameplay is entirely unique -- this is not a clone of any other puzzle concept -- and is designed specifically to take advantage of a touch screen.

[/QUOTE]

I cannot do enough to recommend this game. I played it at PAX on an ipad, and made sure I bought it at the PAX price of .99 cents even though I was getting my itouch the next week. Its fun to play when you have a moment and it's just nifty overall.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']does anyone know of any good shooting gallery type games for the iOS devices ?[/QUOTE]

Eliminate GUn Range is pretty cool, not sure if it's the same you're asking. But yeah it uses gyro and retina too. Free version. If you have a gen 4 product.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']does anyone know of any good shooting gallery type games for the iOS devices ?[/QUOTE]

Time Crisis is decent but the first one is short as hell, like 10 minutes from start to finish.

Gameloft has a Wild West themed shooting gallery game that is just fantastic. I forget the name but it's totally awesome.

[quote name='Stry-ker']What's the most recommended gps app for the iPhone?[/QUOTE]

If you want turn-by-turn, MotionX GPS Drive can't be beat. Comes with 30 days of free voice guidance, and after that you need to pay an extra $3 per 30 days or $25 for a year. I like it cuz you can add the time whenever you need it, you're not required to be a monthly or yearly subscriber.

Pochi in Space is the latest OpenFeint Free Game of the Day (http://itunes.apple.com/app/pochi-in-space/id388083987?mt=8).

"POCHI IN SPACE is one of the most addictive and engaging dodging games ever to hit the App Store.

Strap on a jetpack and join our hero Pochi, the lovable green alien explorer, as he makes his way across a universe filled with danger at every turn.

In Exploration Mode, see how long you can keep Pochi alive by dodging meteors, UFOs, and space debris while racking up bonus points and unlocking rewards. In a jam? Deploy shields to deflect incoming dangers! Want to cruise in style? Hop into a spaceship and blast anything in your path!

If you’re feeling the need for speed, you can also test your speed skills in Race Mode, as you help Pochi zip toward the finish line in a crazy timed obstacle course unlike any you've ever seen!"

One of Apple's "new and noteworthy" games, WitchBlocks, is available for FREE for a very limited time (http://itunes.apple.com/app/witchblocks/id386866557?mt=8).

"WitchBlocks is a cute looking but challenging puzzle game. You are the little witch and you have to spirit away colored blocks. As soon as 4 or more blocks of the same color connect, they disappear in a beam of light. Spirit away all blocks and proof your magic wisdom.

Discover three different worlds with rising level of difficulty. Try to master different colors, stone blocks that block your passage or slippery ice blocks. WitchBlocks has 72 varied quests that will keep you playing for hours!"

Peggle wont load for me right after that update. Gets to the hope this works and boom, kicks me back out to main screen. Stupid updates.

I'm alright with Nights being DLC ($2.99), but it's pretty lame that the changes notes saying it included Nights and not mentioning that it was DLC with a demo.

Ahh sweet...better than nothing I suppose. It does say it just includes 5 levels in the free update, with others unlocked via in app purchase. Too bad its not on sale like the full game lol.

On a side note, any idea as to when these sales will end? I have went ahead and picked up Mirrors Edge, Crash Kart 2, Zenonia, Zenonia 2, NCAA Football 2010 (kinda lame, but just wanted to have it), Call of Duty Zombies, Castlevania Puzzle, and Zombie Infection. Most of the other games I already had...still looking at a few like Final Fantasy 1 and 2 for $3.99 each, RE4 at 1.99, and MGS and Driver at 2.99 each...now that Peggle has added Nights, I may just get that and the 2 FF games.

Great App a Day has the puzzler Blurst for its featured title today (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blurst/id377204148?mt=8).

"Using your finger to tear these different color objects(Rectangle, Circle, Triangle) on screen base on the level tips on the top of screen.

There are 40 levels waiting for you and your classmates, friends to
challenge---Who will to be the fastest to finish all of them?"

Free App Calendar lets you make virtual jack-o-lanterns with its featured freebie, Crazy Pumpkin (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id292692071?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4).

"It's a digital Jack-o-lantern! It's a scary sound effect machine! It's a multi-colored flashlight! It's a creative toy! It's a pumpkin carving design tool! It's all this and more!

Pumpkin carving will never be the same again with Crazy Pumpkin! The designers at Ezone Labs have been working overtime to come up with almost 30,000 combinations that you can create right on your iPhone! Just swipe to change eyes, nose and mouth until you design your perfect Jack-o-lantern!

Or, if carving isn't your thing, Crazy Pumpkin is a great holiday app to have running on your phone. Just queue up your favorite scary music playlist and launch Crazy Pumpkin. Also looks great in a dark room, or imagine the looks on the faces of the next treat-or-treaters that come to your door!"

SEED 2 – Vortex of War has dropped to .99 for a limited time (http://itunes.apple.com/app/seed-2-vortex-of-war/id383575711?mt=8#).

"Five years have passed since Litta’s last adventure and he is now a teacher, one night however, a powerful dream encourages Litta to undertake another epic quest. They travel to the once bright and bustling city of Moizer, now almost completely destroyed through war; another crisis is approaching from distant lands. Join Litta and Gina in their dangerous adventure in Kalikuf!"

Checker Kingdoms (Online Checkers) is the latest OpenFeint Free Game of the Day (http://itunes.apple.com/app/checker-kingdoms-online-checkers/id354864589?mt=8).

"Checker Kingdoms is a new twist on the the traditional game of checkers. Select from a variety of themes such as Classic, World War II and Science Fiction, with future themes being added for free through updates.Play locally in single-player mode or with your friends in multiplayer mode.

Tired of crushing the local competition? Test your checkers skills online against players around the globe. Play up to ten online games at once, challenging existing friends or find random opponents to play against via our automatic match making.

Never worry about network disconnects, or interruptions; all Checker Kingdoms games are stored remotely and securely on Open Feint servers, and can be resumed on any device with a simple touch of your finger. Real time notifications conveniently keep you up to date on the status of your games, even when your device is asleep."

I decided to buy Castlevania Puzzle too. And Mirror's Edge is quite good as others have said and so far does seem to be worth the sale price at the least. Probably going to buy the Nights DLC for Peggle, but then it's not on sale. Has DLC ever gone on sale for any app? If that never happens I suppose I'll buy it now. One thing I presume is that your progress won't be lost in the demo since it's DLC. I do like that there is a demo of the DLC within that app. That's a good thing that hopefully will become the norm.

Thanks for the comments about Bookworm the other day, folks. I went ahead and bought it, and I've already put several hours into it. For whatever reason, this game seems to captivate me a lot more than most of the other popular casual games.

It plays perfectly and thus far I've only found a couple valid words that it won't accept. Oh, and being able to play music from my iPod simultaneously is always a huge plus for any game.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back