I've been having these weird thoughts lately. GGT #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MarkMan']I have the GT3 and GT4 wheels, I might as well get the new one too... ^_^

I'm gonna start Crisis Core tonight, hope its good.

kainzero: SERIOUSLY, that voice that comes on and off is annoying, everyone here at work is playing it and it bugs the shit out of me.[/quote]
every voice in that game is kinda annoying. especially the little summon things.

I'M TRYING, I'M TRYING
ANGEEEEEEEEEAL, I LOVE YOU MAN

damn man, that sucks about the robbing thing. i feel you on that one. except for me, they took my wallet and my keys. fool was too dumb to ask for my cell. my wallet only had $5 but it cost me like $26 to get a new driver's license. still didn't catch him though... kinda pissed since it was only over 5 freakin' dollars.

[quote name='kainzero']
damn man, that sucks about the robbing thing. i feel you on that one. except for me, they took my wallet and my keys. fool was too dumb to ask for my cell. my wallet only had $5 but it cost me like $26 to get a new driver's license. still didn't catch him though... kinda pissed since it was only over 5 freakin' dollars.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I only had about 5 bucks in the wallet at the time too since I'd just spent cash at the bar. Oddly, he asked specifically for my car keys as I didn't through them down at first (was hoping not to as I have a new car just bought in Nov), but for whatever reason the keys and some pocket change was all that he didn't take.

He got my roommates keys since they were in her purse.

Man, that really blows dude. I feel for you.

Atleast he had a weapon. A kid I know got "Mugged" the other day. A kid comes up to him with no weapon and just says "Gimme yo wallet..." and he did...

I was like, what the fuck, didn't you ask for some credentials or something? Yahknow, like a weapon... How do you know he was a legit mugger! xD

Oh, I played the Sega Superstars Tennis Demo last night. Didn't like it.

It is very Mario Tennis-ish, which I guess is good, but I didn't care for how it controlled. Of course I played as Shadow, so maybe that's why. I will skip nonetheless.

I was wondering why I didn't get a Crisis Core phone call from GS, so I took a look at my receipt and I was put down for FF: Crystal Chronicle on DS. I was like WTF). So I biked to GS as quickly as I could (I live within a 10 minute bike ride from there), told the manager he put me down for the wrong game, so he got it switched. Thankfully I caught it now.
[quote name='gunm']Oh, I played the Sega Superstars Tennis Demo last night. Didn't like it.

It is very Mario Tennis-ish, which I guess is good, but I didn't care for how it controlled. Of course I played as Shadow, so maybe that's why. I will skip nonetheless.[/QUOTE]Shadow is very hard to control. I can control him better now, but he's still hard to control. AiAi is much easier. It's one of those games if you try to play it like Mario Tennis or Virtua Tennis, you'll hate it because it's nothing like it. I played it more so like Hot Shots Tennis, which it resembles more (which has a lot do to with being in the right place at the right time along with making several smashes at the right time to win). I absolutely love the demo now, but I had to switch to AiAi and get accoustomed to the controls. I really want to buy it now, but I want to see how much I have left after Mana Khemia and Crisis Core. Lol, I've played the demo 40+ times. Try it as AiAi and when the ball goes up in the air, quickly get in that spot and press X (that should do a smash). I can beat an opponent really quickly now in the demo.

Sorry to hear the news dmaul1114.

[quote name='whoknows']Finally got Vegas 2 in the mail today. Played about 10 mins of the campaign then I went online :p[/QUOTE]Wait...you got back on XBL Gold. :shock: And I see you got CoD4 on 360 now.

EDIT: I just love the name of this GGT. It definitely makes me think it was made by me. :D

[quote name='whoknows']Finally got Vegas 2 in the mail today. Played about 10 mins of the campaign then I went online :p[/quote]

Shoot me a FR and I will be playing online till about 11 PM eastern.

Modern Day Jeezzuuhhhsss-uh!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Pa0ACWcKo[/media]

Yeah, it's sort of GGT related. I think.

[quote name='The Mana Knight'](If you don't want it to start with something related to a FF game, Xenosaga/Xenogears, Grandia, etc.)[/QUOTE]
Throwing a GGT at me is cheating. Take it back!
[quote name='Mr. Beef']Didn't Circuit City have a 10% off deal online, or was that in-store?[/QUOTE]
CC is giving a $10 gift card with purchase.
[quote name='gunm']Modern Day Jeezzuuhhhsss-uh!

Yeah, it's sort of GGT related. I think.[/QUOTE]
Olivia Munn = G4 Host = Videogame related.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I was wondering why I didn't get a Crisis Core phone call from GS, so I took a look at my receipt and I was put down for FF: Crystal Chronicle on DS. I was like WTF). So I biked to GS as quickly as I could (I live within a 10 minute bike ride from there), told the manager he put me down for the wrong game, so he got it switched.

EDIT: I just love the name of this GGT. It definitely makes me think it was made by me. :D[/quote]

LOL I could just imagine you swerving in and out of traffic to get to Gamestop. How's the game so far?

Any opinions on Luigi's Mansion? I borrowed the game from a friend but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

[quote name='Blackout542']LOL I could just imagine you swerving in and out of traffic to get to Gamestop. How's the game so far?

Any opinions on Luigi's Mansion? I borrowed the game from a friend but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.[/QUOTE]My Gamestop won't have it in until tomorrow I heard. I'll pick it up then. That's fine because Monday is my busy day. I had to go to labs and help a nice girl out with C Programming.

the missions in crisis core make the actual game a bit too easy.. I'm level 16 and haven't even started the second section of the main story. I just want to play all the missions though..

[quote name='gunm']Meh, I'd wait for June. I think Haze is the only big one in May. Unless you consider "Iron Man", and "Kung Fu Panda" big releases, that is.[/quote]Yeah.I think I might get GTA IV for free from prizerebel and just buy MGS 4 LE.I also bught Juiced 2 and Condemned 2. Juiced 2 is a pretty good game if you like to customize more than the actual car physics.It's more of an arcade racer. Condemned 2 is pretty creepy though :whistle2:|:shock:

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Sorry to hear the news dmaul1114.

Wait...you got back on XBL Gold. :shock: And I see you got CoD4 on 360 now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, mainly because there's a lot of people I want to play with that are on Live. I only know one person (IRL) that has a PS3 and he hates shooters :p

[quote name='Kendal']Shoot me a FR and I will be playing online till about 11 PM eastern.[/QUOTE]

K, I'll add you now. I don't think I'll be able to be back on again tonight though.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, mainly because there's a lot of people I want to play with that are on Live. I only know one person (IRL) that has a PS3 and he hates shooters :p[/QUOTE]I see. I had a few friends who wanted me to get CoD4 on 360 (Two I know IRL), but the number of friends I had on PS3 did outnumber the 360 (It was like 65% to 35%), so I went with PS3. I don't know anyone on my PSN buddy list in real life (the two I knew I removed, since I'm extremely picky with who is on my list due to playing a lot of games and if you don't play X amount (or you aren't one of my best friends), you won't be kept). On XBL I know 5 IRL (a few go to my college but never met them), but they are mostly on my friends list just to be friends (have no common games since some just play single player games, Halo 3, Gears, or Madden).

I've bounded extremely close to my PSN friends, I sometimes want to buy just about every online game to play with them, but I usually don't do it (and oh course I handle CAG PSN gaming). ;)

Anyway, played more Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds today (I really love that game) and the Sega All-Star Tennis demo again. Like I said, my goal is to get Mana Khemia and Crisis Core first, and after that there really isn't anything I badly want until June (June has MGS4, SCIV, FFTA2, Ninja Gaiden II, and SingStar).

Right now I'm debating between the order I get the games: God of War: Chains of Olympus, GT5 Prologue (probably get it on release), Mario Kart Wii, Patapon, Rock Band, SEGA Superstars Tennis, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, WipEout HD, Wipeout Pulse, etc.

EDIT: Crap, I keep forgetting Mario Kart Wii as a game I really want.

It sucks to admit it, but I decided to just pass on Lost Planet all together and probably Dynasty Warriors 6. Don't ask why I may pass on DW6.

Crisis Core tomorrow. I have a lot to do tomorrow. I have to get my suit pants finished, pick up this game, ship out Metal Gear Solid 3: Substance and play some games with people online. Rough life, I know. ;) Oh yeah, I have to go to crappy school, in crappy Belleville on Willowrun Airport property. I love Rainbow Six Vegas.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Luigi's Mansion is fun, but short. On average, it can probably be beaten in a day, two if you take your time.[/quote]

Sounds good. I don't want it to be a super long game like Mario. Is the story any good?

[quote name='Blackout542']Sounds good. I don't want it to be a super long game like Mario. Is the story any good?[/quote]Luigi wins a mansion in a contest he didn't enter, so Mario checks it out. He doesn't come back, so Luigi goes in, finds out it's haunted...the rest reveals itself.

In a nutshell? It's ok.

Well, my friend who has been playing the Japanese version of Crisis Corefor a while says that many of the sidequests do get really tough. We'll just wait and see when I get it.

I plan to play my copy, but will not extensively play it until next week or so. I just really want to finish off my project this week (except for putting in a crystal), so I can have a lot of free time finally.
[quote name='Blackout542']Sounds good. I don't want it to be a super long game like Mario. Is the story any good?[/QUOTE]I wasn't a fan of Luigi's Mansion personally, but that could be because my expectations for the game were way too high. I'd like to give it another shot, since I rented it back in 2002.

[quote name='The Mana Knight'].
I wasn't a fan of Luigi's Mansion personally, but that could be because my expectations for the game were way too high. I'd like to give it another shot, since I rented it back in 2002.[/quote]

Well my expectations are pretty low. I always half assed my Cube games. I don't think I actually completed any exclusive stuff on the system. I'm not sure why. I always got either halfway or near the end and just stopped playing. I'm going back to play all those Cube games. I somehow missed Luigi's Mansion, but it looks decent. Is there any humor in this game like Paper Mario or the Mario& Luigi games on GBA & DS?

Whee, posting from Linux on the PS3. Why? As with all things Linux related, because I can.

So, did Sony put the crappiest harddrives on earth in their 20 GB systems? The cache thing is stupid anyway, but I replaced mine today, and it won't even work in the external shell I bought for it. Very lame. I'm not sure if it needs more power than a normal drive (the 120 I got to put in the PS3 works just fine in it; the 20GB wouldn't work even with an AC adapter jacked into the shell) or if it's just a piece of crap. Makes me mad though as it sits here unuseable and I wasted about $15 on a enclosure for it.

dmaul, sorry to hear about the robbery. That's such a crappy thing. It just feels creepy to know someone's got your stuff or was in your place without permission. Happened to my Mom and I when I was about 8. No good. :p Hope they catch they jerk that did it.

Should Ninja Gaiden DS be out tomorrow or Wednesday? It's been a while since I've gotten a game that wasn't preshipped and ready to sell in the morning that it came out. They really need to standardize these things.

[quote name='daroga']Whee, posting from Linux on the PS3. Why? As with all things Linux related, because I can.

So, did Sony put the crappiest harddrives on earth in their 20 GB systems? The cache thing is stupid anyway, but I replaced mine today, and it won't even work in the external shell I bought for it. Very lame. I'm not sure if it needs more power than a normal drive (the 120 I got to put in the PS3 works just fine in it; the 20GB wouldn't work even with an AC adapter jacked into the shell) or if it's just a piece of crap. Makes me mad though as it sits here unuseable and I wasted about $15 on a enclosure for it.[/QUOTE]I thought I may have told you before, one big flaw with the 20GB PS3 consoles are the 20GB HDDs have a smaller cache. For an example, a game like VF5, Gripshift, and some others which utilized the HDD in a certain way, take longer to load (The Gripshift demo took 10 seconds to load on a 60GB PS3 while it took 30 seconds with a 20GB PS3. I remember there being a posting at GAF over it and the creator said he only tested on a 60GB). Part of the reason I say is if you get a 20GB, upgrade the HDD right away.

I do think the main reason for the smaller cache is most 20GB HDDs I see have a small cache and it just being cheaper overall (to decrease the costs compared to the 60GB). I could say that's possibly one of the reasons the 20GB didn't last long. I wish I caught you before buying the enclosure because I may have mentioned it again, but then again I never gave it much thought since I never tried putting an external HDD into an enclosure. The 40GB, 60GB, and 80GB PS3 HDD have a 8MB cache though.

I dunno if I will try Linux on my PS3 (probably won't). I still gotta update my PS3, but I'll wait until early tomorrow morning.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']That's fine because Monday is my busy day. I had to go to labs and help a nice girl out with C Programming.[/quote]
Is that what they call it nowadays?

Wait a minute:
C-base does not equal sex

Props to those who get that reference

I wish Japan released 60GB in other colors -_-

They're all 40s! :booooooo:

I keep getting sleepy around 9 PM now... boo....

*falls asleep*

daorga, let me check around online tomorrow, since I could have sworn some people used it as an external HDD. I know some did for the 60GB, so I'll look around and let you know.

Wow, Lakers got hella lucky... I hope they meet the Warriors in the playoffs!

NES is awesome!

What's everyone favorite basketball game?

Personally I've always loved Bulls vs Blazers and the NBA Playoffs, but that's just me!!!

[quote name='MarkMan']Wow, Lakers got hella lucky... I hope they meet the Warriors in the playoffs!

NES is awesome!

Personally I've always loved Bulls vs Blazers and the NBA Playoffs, but that's just me!!![/quote]

great game and warriors are going to be DOMINATED when bynum and pau are back :twisted:

also why do i keep missing out on battlefield beta keys

Yeah the early EA Gensis b-ball games were fun. Bulls Vs Blazers was the last of the EA b-ball games that had all the players in it, IIRC. Then it changed to NBA Shodown or something like that. And at some point, I think you had to custom create even Jordan or something like that.

Anyway, I also liked NBA Jam/Tournament Jam, just for fun.

I even liked Double Dribble on NES, and In the Zone for PSOne. Not very good games, but I was able to get some enjoyment from 'em.

[quote name='daroga']So, did Sony put the crappiest harddrives on earth in their 20 GB systems? The cache thing is stupid anyway, but I replaced mine today, and it won't even work in the external shell I bought for it. Very lame. I'm not sure if it needs more power than a normal drive (the 120 I got to put in the PS3 works just fine in it; the 20GB wouldn't work even with an AC adapter jacked into the shell) or if it's just a piece of crap. Makes me mad though as it sits here unuseable and I wasted about $15 on a enclosure for it.[/quote]

Did you format it first? If you just slap it into an enclosure, a PC won't recognize it. And unless the enclosure isn't working right, you should be able to format it from the external drive in Winblows. If not, you could try formating it internally.

Unless you're doing it from Linux, in which case it's not quite as straight forward, but I don't think it should make a difference overall...

I think the 20s were mostly Seagate 5400s. Nothing special about the drive itself, but the filesystem is proprietary Sony (surprise!
not
).

[quote name='MarkMan']

Personally I've always loved Bulls vs Blazers and the NBA Playoffs, but that's just me!!![/QUOTE]I really liked that matchup (Bulls are my favorite team and the Blazers have been my favorite west coast team over the years), but I never played it.

Back in the day, I was a big into NBA Jam and NBA Jam TE fan. I got into NBA Live during the PS1 era, Once Dreamcast came out, I switched to NBA 2k series. Once DC ended, I stopped playing basketball games. I just recently got back with NBA 2k8, which rocks.

Overall, I'd say I liked NBA Jam TE the most, but NBA 2k8 is superb (really like how real it is).

[quote name='gunm']Did you format it first? If you just slap it into an enclosure, a PC won't recognize it. And unless the enclosure isn't working right, you should be able to format it from the external drive in Winblows. If not, you could try formating it internally.

Unless you're doing it from Linux, in which case it's not quite as straight forward, but I don't think it should make a difference overall...

I think the 20s were mostly Seagate 5400s. Nothing special about the drive itself, but the filesystem is proprietary Sony (surprise!
not
).[/quote]Yeah, it's not that. If I pop the new drive out of the PS3 and put it in the enclosure and plug it into the PC it sees it but can't do a darn thing with it. To use it on the PC I have to go into computer management and create a partition and format it, etc. But that's fine.

With the 20 GB, Windows doesn't even see it at all. It doesn't recognize that a USB device is even plugged in. Nothing in Computer Management. Just dead. It's really weird.

[quote name='kainzero']C-base does not equal sex

Props to those who get that reference[/QUOTE]
If A-base is kissing, and B-base is petting, then C-base must be...

Yo, GGT. Been away a few days, working my ass off moving all this crap. I had my computer taken apart as I rearranged things. I moved mine back into the bedroom, and my girlfriend's PC is set up in the dining room now. I'm not too thrilled about this setup, but I guess I'll get used to it. I've still got to network the PCs together, and get a better wireless router.

In my downtime I've been playing thru Metal Gear: Twin Snakes. I've just gotten past the interrogation part and just escaped using the ketchup trick. I don't really see why this remake gets so much hate. So far my biggest complaint has been having to press Start + A for the Codec. Otherwise, its been good. I really haven't used many of the additional gameplay elements they added, other than the first-person view to shoot security cameras. I plan on playing thru the PSX version after I beat this one to compare.

[quote name='MarkMan']Wow, Lakers got hella lucky... I hope they meet the Warriors in the playoffs!

NES is awesome!

Personally I've always loved Bulls vs Blazers and the NBA Playoffs, but that's just me!!![/quote]
How can the answer be anything but NBA Jam?

Because the answer is really NBA Hangtime, the better version of NBA Jam. It is now and will forever be the best basketball game ever made.

I played my first Phoenix Wright case yesterday. I liked it a lot. I was worried that it wouldn't be interactive enough to feel like a game, but it was fun and I'm looking forward to going through the whole series (all ordered from Goozex).

I'm through level 7 on DMC4 and I guess I'm just kind of "meh" about the game. It's fun, but I really have no desire to ever play those 7 levels again, the sign of a "meh" game. The game looks great and I generally like the combat, but it does feel a bit repetitive.

Well, I was speaking in more of a traditional sense... But since everyone is including NBA Jam, I'll also vouch for NBA Street Vol. 2 and NBA Jam TE!

My favorite other b-ball games are:

Bulls vs Blazers and the NBA Playoffs
Double Dribble
Arch Rivals
NBA In The Zone

When I was a kid, I loved Lakers vs. Celtics.

Bulls vs. Blazers, I remember that glitch that lets you shoot it from half court and always make it. I also firmly believed that when you played the All-Star game and Magic was on your team, he would fatigue faster than the other players because he had HIV.

Man, it was great to be a kid.

I've never been a huge fan of basketball video games, but I think the one I spent the most time in was NCAA Basketball for the SNES. My KY Wildcats were totally undefeatable, as opposed to the current KY team that got taken out in the 1st round of this year's tourney. I'm definatly looking forward to watching my alma mater Western Kentucky going up against UCLA later this week.

I also liked Double Dribble, NBA Jam, and Arch Rivals. I don't think I've played a basketball video game since the SNES-era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back