I've been having these weird thoughts lately. GGT #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Crisis Core today! Woohoo! I can't believe nobody is talking about it. :D[/quote]

So...........is it better than Kingdom Hearts?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Crisis Core today! Woohoo! I can't believe nobody is talking about it. :D[/QUOTE]Lol, I guess you haven't been reading the GGT much. I'm very excited. :D About to leave to pick it up soon (I hope it is there).

It's a thousand times better than Kingdom Hearts. I just
saw the bit where sephiroth, genesis, and angeal are fighting on top of the junon cannon in training.. holy shit. And you fight a boss on the street corner that Aeris walks out of in the intro video of FFVII, with the LOVELESS poster and the Goblin's Bar.. Nostalgiagasm overload!

I'd give the game an A grade so far. The combat is fun, Zack is a very likeable character, and the story elements seem to actually have substance, unlike Advent Children, which basically added nothing to the story whatsoever. Music is excellent too.

Rei's cynicism is misplaced here. Honestly, it's the best thing square enix has put out in quite a while.

I beat GoW PSP last night--quality shit. I think the part after the credits was supposed to be an "oh crap!" moment for fans of the series, but I didn't get it.

Gonna get Ninja Gaiden this week for sure and I'm 90% sure I'll get Crisis Core. I still want to play through Valkyrie Profile and the MGS Collection before I commit to another RPG.

Portables fucking rule.

The best thing about Crisis Core is Cissnei. Mmm...

Biggest gripe about the game that I had were the missions. They get awfully repetitive since they only use 6-7 maps, and it's a pain when you can't find the boss. Combat system gets kinda annoying too once you start hitting the enemies who use death on attack, so you gotta waste slots on materia for status protection.

Oh yeah, there's also some really annoying minigames... but I can't spoil anything. As for the story, don't worry, it gets all wacky in the middle / end just like FF7.

Do you know what a dumbapple is?

Crisis Core in my pants...

Like I said a few pages ago, Yakuza 2 / 3 would get announced in NA soon. It seems the PAL announcement just went through for Yakuza 2. Only a matter of time for NA...

Kiryuu Kazuma >> Zack

Fugg - I finished every single song in Beatmania IIDX 9th Style on light, and some of those arrangements are pretty damn difficult.

[quote name='Apossum']I beat GoW PSP last night--quality shit. I think the part after the credits was supposed to be an "oh crap!" moment for fans of the series, but I didn't get it.

Gonna get Ninja Gaiden this week for sure and I'm 90% sure I'll get Crisis Core. I still want to play through Valkyrie Profile and the MGS Collection before I commit to another RPG.

Portables fucking rule.[/quote]They rule so much that I sold Disgaea 2 so I can play Disgaea DS, and I'll be selling VP2 as soon as VP DS is announced for NA. As much as I love the genre, RPGs just ain't working for me on consoles given my limited playtime. Portables are infinitely more convenient.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Crisis Core today! Woohoo! I can't believe nobody is talking about it. :D[/quote]

God I want to play this game so bad. I've been waiting forever. I'm going to explore every corner of the game and really take my time with it. I'll probably cream myself when I put the game in.

[quote name='Blackout542']God I want to play this game so bad. I've been waiting forever. I'm going to explore every corner of the game and really take my time with it. I'll probably cream myself when I put the game in.[/quote]

Nice imagery.:bomb:

[quote name='Blackout542']God I want to play this game so bad. I've been waiting forever. I'm going to explore every corner of the game and really take my time with it. I'll probably cream myself when I put the game in.[/QUOTE]Yeah, like I said many times, it was announced before PSP came out and it was the entire reason I badly wanted a PSP. It has finally come. :D

[quote name='leveskikesko']Gameplay wise KH is just well...bland. However, it's still a guilty pleasure of mine. I just love playing through my childhood.[/QUOTE]I kind of disagree, but I'm just a big Kingdom Hearts fan. I like almost everything from the combat, storyline, setting, soundtrack, etc. Only thing I didn't like was the camera in the first (not as bad as what some people said, but I still didn't like it), but the sequel had an awesome combat. Since KH is one of my three favorite RPG series, that's why we see this GGT thread title (a future one by me may be "A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory"). ;)

Anyway, picked up FFVII: Crisis Core today. :D
FFVIICC.jpg

Ninja Gaiden tomorrow. yay!

Reminds of the time when I was work one day and some guy came into the store and asked "Do y'all have any copies of that game ninja gotdam?" and I asked, "Do you mean ninja gaiden sir?" to which he replied, "No, I mean ninja gotdam because it's so god-damn hard!"

[quote name='Chacrana']Fugg - I finished every single song in Beatmania IIDX 9th Style on light, and some of those arrangements are pretty damn difficult.[/quote]
it must've been so much easier once you used hi-speed =)

playing on normal speed, dang, what were you thinking?

back in the day when 6th style came out, this video was on it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ih-WpTZcFIQ&feature=related

v another, normal speed, one handed? what a jerk!

Why, is normal speed considered more difficult or something? It's just weird that people seem to encourage it, but it makes the game far easier for me at least.

Just picked up Crisis Core... got the metallic cover version at BB... Need to get a regular one + preorder bonus at GS later tonight -_-

Why two copies? I don't know...

I always do this... lol.

'Cause you crazy MM. You gotta rain some o' dat cashmoney over my way (just kidding, heh).

I wouldn't go so far as to want to stop playing RPGs on consoles altogether (FFXIII on DS? No thanks), but I will get more of them on handheld for sure.

Edit: oh yeah, and want this pinball game real bad:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32199.html

Damn, it's for Wii too. Gah, I'll still end up getting it anyway, unless there's some major problem with the controls...

[quote name='leveskikesko']Nice imagery.:bomb:[/quote]

Sometimes I just can't help myself.

[quote name='Chacrana']Why, is normal speed considered more difficult or something? It's just weird that people seem to encourage it, but it makes the game far easier for me at least.[/QUOTE]ppl play on normal speed?!?!?!

that's sum dumb azz shyt

I got Crisis Core today. I am going to sell my copy on Half.com and get the limited edition from Best Buy. I totally forgot about it. I like silver shiny packaging.

it just occured to me that I never posted my brawl FC.

So here it is, to anyone that wants it. If you add me, let me know and I'll do the same

0001-3099-4131 SL4IN

Picked up my Dragon Sword stylus today. I think I'll leave it sealed.

Can't wait to play this game tomorrow...

Been playing some more MGS: TS and just got on the second disc. About to take down the Hind D. Its been a few years since I played thru the PS1 version, probably 4-5 years actually. I'm looking forward to see if the ending has changed much.

I also plan on picking up NG: Dragon Sword later this week. I forgot about the preorder stylus bonus, but I'm not too big on that kinda stuff anyway.

Finally started Disgaea 2 this weekend. It feels so good to be playing an RPG again, especially a Nippon Ichi SRPG.

Crisis Core? What's that? :razz:

Phew. Just got back from that incredibly boring honor society initiation. Now I can put on my scrub clothes and play some Beatmania!

That does look pretty good in spots. Personally, I'd rather not have to patch the shit out of the game to have it look and play like it should, though...

[quote name='Chacrana']That does look pretty good in spots. Personally, I'd rather not have to patch the shit out of the game to have it look and play like it should, though...[/QUOTE]

that goes without saying...

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Hunnigan was so annoying and useless.[/QUOTE]

that goes without saying...

[quote name='Nelo Ice']just picked up the boston pack for rock band and more than a feeling is awesome:applause:[/quote]

Ooo. More Than a Feeling is a Master track! I guess that plus the extra instruments makes it More Than Worth a Pick Up for me, even though I already have it for GH1.

[quote name='gunm']Ooo. More Than a Feeling is a Master track! I guess that plus the extra instruments makes it More Than Worth a Pick Up for me, even though I already have it for GH1.[/quote]

get the whole thing!

“More Than a Feeling” (Master)
“Peace of Mind” (Master)
“Smokin’” (Master)
“Rock & Roll Band” (Master)
“Something About You” (Master)
“Hitch a Ride” (Master)

So is it bad if, once I finish a song in Beatoffmania, I mash the keys to make lotsa random noise, and yell "BEATOFF" in a Terry Bogard voice?

I'm surprised nobody has walked by in the hall and asked me to stop yelling that.

[quote name='Chacrana']So is it bad if, once I finish a song in Beatoffmania, I mash the keys to make lotsa random noise, and yell "BEATOFF" in a Terry Bogard voice?

I'm surprised nobody has walked by in the hall and asked me to stop yelling that.[/QUOTE]

It's only bad that nobody has jumped in your room and said "AH U OH KAY?"

ya I know! But nobody even knows who TERRY BOGARD even is... sigh... Cause if I was a witness to someone yelling like Terry, especially "BEATOFF", I'd be sure to ask them to buster their wolf more quietly.

I dunno. More Than a Feeling is the only song I really like, and $10 is a lot for a track pack, even though they're all Masters (which is awesome, btw). Plus I don't wanna blow my wad of points all at once until I can find another deal on 'em.

[quote name='Chacrana']ya I know! But nobody even knows who TERRY BOGARD even is... sigh... Cause if I was a witness to someone yelling like Terry, especially "BEATOFF", I'd be sure to ask them to buster their wolf more quietly.[/QUOTE]

The conviction in your voice while saying it probably makes them too scared to move.

It probably does. I've gotten really good at yelling that shit both like Terry Bogard, and with hella conviction.

In other news, just today I was telling this kid about Osu Tatakae Ouendan, coz he was looking for DS games, and he was like "Osu?" and that's clearly not how you pronounce it. So I stuck up my middle finger and yelled "OSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" like KOF's Ryo would. I'm so proud of myself.

[quote name='gunm']I dunno. More Than a Feeling is the only song I really like, and $10 is a lot for a track pack, even though they're all Masters (which is awesome, btw). Plus I don't wanna blow my wad of points all at once until I can find another deal on 'em.[/quote]

ic
i had 11k points so i figured eh might as well...i burned my $20 rz cert on a 4k points card :lol:

hehe, not saying specific ppl fall into that article--just something for GGT to discuss. er, if you really want to, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back