I've been having these weird thoughts lately. GGT #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out that the Command and Conquer 3 expansion is also on sale this week, and it's even more savings than Crisis Core... what should I get?

...nevermind, that's a pretty clear answer. This is the first reasonably exciting deal I've gotten in probably years...

[quote name='Chacrana']Turns out that the Command and Conquer 3 expansion is also on sale this week, and it's even more savings than Crisis Core... what should I get?

...nevermind, that's a pretty clear answer. This is the first reasonably exciting deal I've gotten in probably years...[/QUOTE]

Which one did you choose?

My PC has reverted to just being a PC. I ran out of games to play (besides RE4) :lol: I'll get Mass Effect and Fallout 3, and...that's about it for this year.

and for anyone interested, you can pre-order the MGS4 LE at ebgames.com now--
http://www.ebgames.com/Productmerch.asp?groupid=999

only EIGHTY FIVE U.S. DOLLARS

but if you use the code "Diamond" you get $10 off!!!

I doubt this will have an MGS3 LE-sized print run (like 5 copies), but it probably won't be like a 360 game LE print run either (more copies than the original.)

[quote name='tiredfornow']90 bucks for a LE? No thanks. Almost as stupid as the dumbasses who paid 140 for the Legendary Edition of Halo. :|[/QUOTE]

$84.99. ;)

It's a gouge, but it'll be a quality set. and for some reason, I collect a lot of Metal Gear shit...

[quote name='Apossum']$84.99. ;)

It's a gouge, but it'll be a quality set. and for some reason, I collect a lot of Metal Gear shit...[/QUOTE]

Expensive as shit, but

A) MGS is one of, if not my absolute favorite series.
B) I would like to see a making-of for this game.
C) Soundtracks r nice.

So yeah, I'm buying that immediately.

As for what game I decided on, it's Crisis Core. I luvz me some FF, particularly when it's good (which is a tragically rare occurance now.)

I think there's a few other good PC games coming out this year... I'm particularly interested in Far Cry 2 as it looks like one of those FPSes that'll rise to the top, but yeah... most of my shit is still on consoles.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Plus tax, mutant.

I'm sure that GS coupon will still be around to bring it down to 77 bucks or so... + tax = :bomb:[/QUOTE]

They're also gouging on shipping. somehow, $5.99 2 day shipping became $7.99 at checkout.
Came out to $87 and change for me. Not too bad...for me, this is just in case my hometown store stops taking pre-orders before I get there (or in case some bullshit happens and they don't have enough on release.)

Picking up NG: DS today. Looking forward to that. Also doing a ton of stupid little stuff I've been meaning to do for weeks (months) but just haven't, including, but not limited to:

1) Sending in my box of DVDs to SecondSpin
2) Donating an old cell phone
3) Donating some old glasses
4) getting the oil changed / tires rotated on the car
5) Just picking up the crap my wife has been a saint about lying around here
6) Cleaning up the game controllers drawer. It's a giant mess and I can't find anything.
7) Beating Ninja Gaiden Sigma...? Stupid underwater section is almost game-ending for me. It's sat unplayed for a few weeks now.

Just got my customary email from Amazon telling me Crisis Core is going to be late, good job I wasn't in a rush for it.

Been playing mostly Sega Rally (which is tough but ace) and the Lost game which is a bit too linear and easy, but it's 1000 easy nerd points so I'll finish it off tonight and back to the rental place it will go.

[quote name='daroga']
7) Beating Ninja Gaiden Sigma...? Stupid underwater section is almost game-ending for me. It's sat unplayed for a few weeks now.[/QUOTE]

which part are you at? Also, you know you can hold down the button to swim, right? The game doesn't tell you that, so it's easy to miss (and constantly hitting the button would suck.)

[quote name='Apossum']which part are you at? Also, you know you can hold down the button to swim, right? The game doesn't tell you that, so it's easy to miss (and constantly hitting the button would suck.)[/quote]Oh, it's near the end. It's kind of the obligatory bitch point in the game when it first came out "The whole game is awesome except..." I think you have to kill fish by spinning around or something dumb. It's like 3 chapters from the end I think. I do like that Sigma made the running on water thing a little less stupid.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Pitching a flesh tent here at work sucks. :|

Those Bible Black scenes just get me way too hot... must control myself.[/quote]
yes! bible black!

BE SERIOUS YOU DUMB GIRL
DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU LIKE ME?!

[quote name='daroga']Oh, it's near the end. It's kind of the obligatory bitch point in the game when it first came out "The whole game is awesome except..." I think you have to kill fish by spinning around or something dumb. It's like 3 chapters from the end I think. I do like that Sigma made the running on water thing a little less stupid.[/QUOTE]

The one chapter that's all swimming, right? where you go to the sunken ship and get the O2 tank?
keep on going, it's not too long of a chapter and the finale of the game is awesome!

I agree though-- it's my least favorite part. Swimming in games usually sucks.

[quote name='daroga']Picking up NG: DS today. Looking forward to that. Also doing a ton of stupid little stuff I've been meaning to do for weeks (months) but just haven't, including, but not limited to:

1) Sending in my box of DVDs to SecondSpin
2) Donating an old cell phone
3) Donating some old glasses
4) getting the oil changed / tires rotated on the car
5) Just picking up the crap my wife has been a saint about lying around here
6) Cleaning up the game controllers drawer. It's a giant mess and I can't find anything.
7) Beating Ninja Gaiden Sigma...? Stupid underwater section is almost game-ending for me. It's sat unplayed for a few weeks now.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I have a crapload of stuff to do today and far from finished.

1. Buy 4700uF capacitor from the EE shop (check)
2. Go to the Alumnia Center to handle a few graduation things, like order cap and gown, get graduation tickets for family, etc. (check, although there was a crazy long line and took over an hour).
3. Fix Speaker circuit in hardware (by changing a wire around). (Check, although took longer than anticipated).
4. Remove ATMega16L microcontroller from project (check).
5. Figure out stuff I need to get when I go home next week (check).
6. Help my friend with his C++ Program because it's really in bad shape and due Friday (Being worked on).
7. Organize CAG Hot Shots Golf: OoB stuff.
8. Work with battery back-up code for my project trying to stop it from resetting the microcontroller.
9. Get stuff packed for open lab and head there.
10. In open lab, test battery backup code (on just my ATMega16), program ATMega16L for the receiver/LCD code and test, before putting it back into my project, work with Push buttons, and so on.
11. Pack up stuff to go home tomorrow, like my 360, video games (PS3 will be packed tomorrow morning), all the video games I'm selling and boxes, dirty clothes, school work, etc.

Those are all the things I'm trying to do today and I'm already quite behind. :whistle2:( I still haven't opened Crisis Core, but hope to do that after I'm done with all of this today. I haven't been on AIM today because that's all I'm doing (work).

I really want to play Crisis Core but have so much stuff to do. :whistle2:(

I think I'm going to have to make a flowchart in order to maximize my chances of getting all the pre-order shit for MGS4. I wish this wasn't such a pain in the ass.

[quote name='MarkMan']Shit $689 for the MGS4 LE bundle at NCS!? ... I wonder if I should bite or wait for PA's price -_-[/QUOTE]

I think you should get the Kazuma figure that went up on NCSX today.

Oo, I preordered that at Play-Asia... but yea, I didn't wanna livejournal that on here... -_-

Also, RESIDENT EVIL 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='MarkMan']Oo, I preordered that at Play-Asia... but yea, I didn't wanna livejournal that on here... -_-

[/QUOTE]

That's insane MM. Are you going to open it and use it or do you usually keep this kind of thing sealed? I thought about ordering it for a second, but even if it is limited as hell, $699 is just too much for me.

and that's not a livejournal post...it's relevant. ;)

I think I'm going to have to make a flowchart in order to maximize my chances of getting all the pre-order shit for MGS4. I wish this wasn't such a pain in the ass.

no kidding.

This is how I understand it, so far--

1. pre-order MGS4 - get a Saga vol.2 DVD with a beta code sometime in April.
2. Add the LE SKU - unclear on whether this SKU also gets these extras.
3. Unclear whether online orders will get the Saga DVD + beta.
4. Get an artbook with the LE SKU- unclear if this will come with the normal edition as well.
5. Wording on the GS site makes it sound like they aren't the only store getting the LE.
6. There will also be an LE guide for $29.99
7. Then the MGS4 PS3 - it's unclear which version of MGS, if it's limited, and if it has any marks to signify that it's an MGS bundle console.

I think the release of Saga DVDs and beta codes will be a bloodbath.

So I have to preorder the regular edition of MGS4 to get the second Saga DVD? If they aren't hading that out with the LE, then I'll preorder the regular and not pick that one up. It seems like it's far easier to do this all through the retail stores, so I'm going that route. I think I'll preorder both the regular and LE now, and then pick up the shit like the DVD when stores actually start getting them, just to avoid any unnecessary annoyances.

If everything works out, I'll be able to get back my $5 for the DVD...

Just picked up NG: DS, gonna play it at the dealership while I get the oil changed. Good times.

This whole "10 GB for PS3 or 10 GB for OtherOS" is crap. Sony needs to get that. I've got nothing on the PS3 other than save games and Sigma's "install" and I've only got like 4GB left. How the heck am I supposed to play anything from Capcom?!

I spent too much yesterday taking my nerdy gamer girl to the art museum and lunch. I'd say it was a better use of the money ;)

True.

My wife and I should head back to the Milwaukee Art Museum before we move in the summer. Haven't been there in a few years. It's pretty cool :)

GGT, HELP! My Dad's coming into town this weekend and I don't know what we should do. He sort of likes games and such, but a weekend's a long time to play Wii Sports. Maybe I can convince him that Mario Galaxy is doable and he should get it.

[quote name='daroga']True.

My wife and I should head back to the Milwaukee Art Museum before we move in the summer. Haven't been there in a few years. It's pretty cool :)

GGT, HELP! My Dad's coming into town this weekend and I don't know what we should do. He sort of likes games and such, but a weekend's a long time to play Wii Sports. Maybe I can convince him that Mario Galaxy is doable and he should get it.[/QUOTE]

Take him to the Art Museum.

[quote name='daroga']True.

GGT, HELP! My Dad's coming into town this weekend and I don't know what we should do. He sort of likes games and such, but a weekend's a long time to play Wii Sports. Maybe I can convince him that Mario Galaxy is doable and he should get it.[/quote]

David and Busters.

Apossum: For stuff like this I usually have it out on display... not sure what I'm going to do with this... I'll definitely keep it and use it though... I don't see it selling for more than 689 in the future so I'm not concerned about profit/resale -_-

But man I love me some steel...

[quote name='daroga']Neither GameWorks nor D&B exist in WI. :p[/quote]

Well the movies is always a safe choice.

Then there's Paint Balling or Lazer tagging if he's that kind of dad.

[quote name='daroga']Neither GameWorks nor D&B exist in WI. :p[/QUOTE]

I still stand by the Art Museum. You can accomplish everything you want to and need to by going to that one place. Or go golfing or something... I'd recommend fishing, too, but that is a stupid activity.

[quote name='daroga']Just picked up NG: DS, gonna play it at the dealership while I get the oil changed. Good times.

This whole "10 GB for PS3 or 10 GB for OtherOS" is crap. Sony needs to get that. I've got nothing on the PS3 other than save games and Sigma's "install" and I've only got like 4GB left. How the heck am I supposed to play anything from Capcom?![/QUOTE]That's what the PS3 does regardless, is save that much space for other OS, kind of like for the PS2 HDD utility (which takes up 10GB). More of an estimate if anything. Personally, I don't care since I will never install Linux on my PS3 (I'm keeping my PS3 for mostly gaming), and I do have 165GB of free space still. :) I'm ready for Capcom games. :p

Going through a bunch of posts I missed
[quote name='refusedchaos']new to the GGT threads...

never rly had a nickname...probably just refused or kyo[/QUOTE]Hey, glad to see you apart of the GGT now. :D

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Hey guys, I decided to leave the GGT. I know I know you don't care but I just thought I'd post it anyway. Later.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SL4IN']I'm afraid the same for me as well fellas. Recent events that have happened have encouraged me leave this thread for the most part this part of the forums as well. Having been posting continually in the GGT's since GGT6, I feel it's time to leave before other things get worse.

Later.[/QUOTE]Sorry to see you both leave, but I wanted to wish you the best and continue to keep in touch. :)

Anyway, I'm planning to play a decent amount of gaming this weekend. Spend time playing Lost Odyseey on 360, Hot Shots Golf: OoB on PS3, and Crisis Core on PSP. I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Weekend plans include:

- Drive up to LA to play Tekken 6 (ARC)
- Spend more time with Crisis Core: FF VII (PSP)
- Quickly run through Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (DS)

Man I'm sleepy... I slept kinda early last night too... halfway through the work day and I'm already feeling like it's time to sleep -_-

[quote name='linkpwns']How can you "leave the GGT"? xD[/quote]They'll be back. When things start getting boring for them, they'll be like, "sup GGT lol?"

[quote name='pete5883']MarkMan, what do you do at your job that everyone sits around playing PSP all day?[/quote]

I work for a gaming company, I can't say which... but yea... it's pretty chill/gaming oriented... It's encouraged pretty much.

Just wish I had more fighting game fans here at work :(

My guess is Atlus. You don't have to confirm or deny it, because you said you can't, but I base it on the following:

1) It'd have RPG whores, not fighting game fans
2) It's a game company (well, duh.)
3) You got Persona 3 and Persona 3 FES waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance.

I'm probably wrong, but hey, guessing is fun.

Oh that's right, RSV2 is out on PC this week. I've been meaning to pick that up, but it's like $50... so I'm probably going to wait a lil bit, or bite if Fry's has a deal in the near future.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']They'll be back. When things start getting boring for them, they'll be like, "sup GGT lol?"[/QUOTE]

see: Apossum and Daroga. ;)

Just played some of Ninja Gaiden DS for great justice. Team Ninja has made a deal with the devil to squeeze that much juice out of the DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back