I've been having these weird thoughts lately. GGT #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='daroga']

GGT, HELP! My Dad's coming into town this weekend and I don't know what we should do. He sort of likes games and such, but a weekend's a long time to play Wii Sports. Maybe I can convince him that Mario Galaxy is doable and he should get it.[/quote]

Well, my dad came into town over the weekend and spent twenty minutes telling me how he hates Barack Obama because he's a
black muslim
. See if he wants to do that.

[quote name='Chacrana']My guess is Atlus. You don't have to confirm or deny it, because you said you can't, but I base it on the following:

1) It'd have RPG whores, not fighting game fans
2) It's a game company (well, duh.)
3) You got Persona 3 and Persona 3 FES waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance.

I'm probably wrong, but hey, guessing is fun.[/quote]
mmm, but isn't atlus in irvine?
mark's an sd fella.

plus i think i know a few fellas in atlus who are into tekken...

San Diego has a bunch of game companies and their developers: Midway, Take Two (Rockstar), Sony, THQ, Vivendi, and Independents. MM could be at any of those...

[quote name='linkpwns']Well, what would you prefer I make an avatar of? xD

I think that Album cover has been my avatar for a while now, actually xD[/quote]I dunno, I was too used to that sword av you had, then you don't show up for a while, and now it's confusing.

[quote name='daroga']Wow, Ninja Gaiden might be the best game to hit the DS since NSMB.[/QUOTE]

i played it today did enjoy it as well

hmmm Baroque....buy or keiner (no)?

Hrm... Ima be at home tomorrow through the weekend... hopefully my copy of DDRMAX came in, coz I really wanna play dat shit.

Gotta burn those calories. I weigh like 275 right now an I'm hopin to slim down to a cool 170 by Summer!

(I'm just playin', I ain't ovawaight!)

if it was for $30 id probably bite.....but i heard you lose your stats after each dungeon?

[quote name='Chacrana']Hrm... Ima be at home tomorrow through the weekend... hopefully my copy of DDRMAX came in, coz I really wanna play dat shit.

Gotta burn those calories. I weigh like 275 right now an I'm hopin to slim down to a cool 170 by Summer!

(I'm just playin', I ain't ovawaight!)[/QUOTE]

thats some fun shit right there.

DDR.gif

go Chac! go Chac!

I think it was something sorta like Breath of Fire V, but like... backwards. Like, you die and lose your stats, but the game advances still... or something like that. It's bizarre, but it's also stupid.

Yah, I wish I had a metal dance pad, but I'm not going to get one until I know that this is something I'm gonna invest a fuckload of time into. I've got a foam pad right now, so it's not terrible, but whateva.

Also, I wish I was asian as hell like that kid seems to be. Despite the red hair.

[quote name='Chacrana']Hrm... Ima be at home tomorrow through the weekend... hopefully my copy of DDRMAX came in, coz I really wanna play dat shit.

(I'm just playin', I ain't ovawaight!)[/QUOTE]Are you getting the Japanese one or the U.S. one? I bought most all U.S. DDR games except for Mario Mix, Disney Mix, first DDR on PS1, and DDR Universe 2. I really love playing DDR big time and never get sick of it (invested 300+ hours of my life into DDR). I think you remember seeing me play DDR Hottest Party on the Webcam, although many didn't watch since I was playing "The Sign". :lol: DDR Max is pretty good, but I like Extreme 2 best (because it has the song and background to the game Oz, Speed Over Beethoven, Cartoon Heroes, etc.).

Good thing is I got most things accomplished on my list, but I'm dead tired right now and don't feel like doing anything. Looking forward to tomorrow and the weekend to give me more time to play games.

As for Ninja Gaiden DS, I'm still not sure about it. I like Ninja Gaiden, but it's not my favorite action series. I'll eventually get it, but I'm more so interested in FFT A2, The World Ends With You, and Summon Night: Twin Age right now.

[quote name='Chacrana']Yah, I wish I had a metal dance pad, but I'm not going to get one until I know that this is something I'm gonna invest a fuckload of time into. I've got a foam pad right now, so it's not terrible, but whateva.

Also, I wish I was asian as hell like that kid seems to be. Despite the red hair.[/QUOTE]

i never rly got into buying the metal pad, foam was the way to go for me

haha why wanna be asian? so u could be a ddr master? or to know japanese like the back of your hand?

DDRMAX US. It's the only good US DDR, IMO. fucking hate the typical, mainstream pop music, and this is the one one that didn't have it. Amazingly, we got some phenomenal songs from American artists in that one, so it's better than the JP one.

When I pick up the others like Extreme, Supernova, and Supernova 2, though, those are gonna be the Jappo versions, f'sho.

Stomp to My Beat = better than you.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=jfM0kZ44VUI[/MEDIA]

[quote name='refusedchaos']i never rly got into buying the metal pad, foam was the way to go for me

haha why wanna be asian? so u could be a ddr master? or to know japanese like the back of your hand?[/QUOTE]

More like because it'd be more natural for groping women on trains. It's a genetic thang.

[quote name='Chacrana']More like because it'd be more natural for groping women on trains. It's a genetic thang.[/QUOTE]

18+ only
animeBoobGrab.gif

aw but u dont got to be asian to be a pro at that

ah, E'L. I shouldn't know that , should I?

Also, games like Beatmania and DDR are like 5 times as good with a good sound system to pipe that shit through. I'm sick of playing Beatmania at school :(

[quote name='Chacrana']DDRMAX US. It's the only good US DDR, IMO. fucking hate the typical, mainstream pop music, and this is the one one that didn't have it. Amazingly, we got some phenomenal songs from American artists in that one, so it's better than the JP one.

When I pick up the others like Extreme, Supernova, and Supernova 2, though, those are gonna be the Jappo versions, f'sho.

Stomp to My Beat = better than you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jfM0kZ44VUI[/QUOTE]I think DDR Max is good, but far from being the best U.S. DDR IMO.

My ranking goes:

DDR Extreme 2 > DDR SuperNOVA > DDR Max 2 > DDR Max > DDR Extreme (although I really love the song Pink Rose) > DDR SuperNova 2 (I love the Sky Girls opening Baby Tears though).

I dunno, I actually like some mainstream music mixed in DDR, but I usually dislike 67% of it. I'm perfectly fine for that music in Karaoke Revolution.

Hmm, I even made a video of the screen showing me play DDR (although it doesn't show me):
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlW7L5fFTmg[/media]

I think it's somewhat sad that you decided you disliked 2/3 of the music, but then rounded that percentage up to 67% for posterity. But it's kinda funny, too.

Anyway, I would like DDR Extreme 2 if I like Ricky Martin, Brittany Spears, Christina Agulera, and the like. I would also like the Ultramix games if I enjoyed listening to "Whip It." Which I don't.

I'm a hateful person.

Also, I need to shave... damn. Dese whiskers aint nothin' but an annoyance.

[quote name='MarkMan']I work for a gaming company, I can't say which... but yea... it's pretty chill/gaming oriented... It's encouraged pretty much.

Just wish I had more fighting game fans here at work :([/QUOTE]
Well I figured it was a gaming company, but I figure not a developer because I would think they'd be too busy to game at work, which leads me to wonder which department I need to get hired by lets you get away with gaming instead of working :whee:

Ninja Gaiden is... wow. I was really apprehensive about this one especially for $35, but concerns about length aside, it is hella good. I'd equate it to NMH levels of satisfaction in combat.

Even a 6 hour game will probably take me a week to finish, so I'm not gonna be one to complain about that.

[quote name='pete5883']Well I figured it was a gaming company, but I figure not a developer because I would think they'd be too busy to game at work, which leads me to wonder which department I need to get hired by lets you get away with gaming instead of working :whee:[/QUOTE]

Devs have to take care of the business side of things, too, though.

I'd like to work at like... Capcom or something someday (on the biznaiss side of thangs), but they'd probably try to pay me in Mega Man sequels, which I wouldn't be too happy about.

[quote name='Chacrana']son, u need to step up from that $20 mat.[/QUOTE]I bought a $100 Red Octane Ignition 3.0 pad (for PC, PS/PS2, and Xbox). I actually prefer Ignition type pads over metal, since I can play in my socks and like the bounce factor.

Reserved MGS4 today. I want to get my hands on that Sagas DVD. Especially after missing the subsistence one. Bought Crisis Core last night. I like the game but the combat is a little weak imo. Spam X with an occasional guard. I hope it picks up and gets harder.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I bought a $100 Red Octane Ignition 3.0 pad (for PC, PS/PS2, and Xbox). I actually prefer Ignition type pads over metal, since I can play in my socks and like the bounce factor.[/QUOTE]How is the Ignition? I want to move away from cheap DDR pads and get something that will last me awhile, and metal pads are out of the question since I'm afraid they'd damage our hardwood floors.

The Ignition pad is nice. Worlds better than the broke-ass pads that you can get bundled with the game. I think their durability has improved since when they were first coming out, too, which is a good thing. The arrow buttons are slightly raised so that you know that you're hitting them, and the buttons are sensitive too, and those are really the most important things in a controller.

How... how is Ninja Gaiden DS technically possible? Fighting 4 enemies with a billion orbs all over the place and the action doesn't even slow down.

I know it's not rendering a background, but good heavens...

Crisis Core is pretty bizonkers with the graphics too. The scene that has like 8 enemies around you on a highway with multiple buildings around and you see the shinra building in full 3D in the distance behind you, while the game never chugs.. *drool*

Rack Band is feckin awesome. And Rojah Clemens? Fecken Cheetah.

[quote name='blueshinra']Sounds great. The arrows are slightly raised, you say? Is that comfortable with socks/bare feet?[/QUOTE]Yes, it's very comfortable. The nice thing about raised buttons is that it becomes easier to know where you are on the pad. Sometimes when I'm on a medal or cheap pad, I end up where I shouldn't on the pad.

[quote name='botticus']Ninja Gaiden is... wow. I was really apprehensive about this one especially for $35, but concerns about length aside, it is hella good. I'd equate it to NMH levels of satisfaction in combat.

Even a 6 hour game will probably take me a week to finish, so I'm not gonna be one to complain about that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is amazing. Best DS game yet, easily. I don't mind the length because I'll be playing it over and over. :) I'm in the Underground Mausoleum right now and the difficulty is picking up, now that the cat chicks and zombies have popped up.

The sound is amazing too--play it with headphones! The music is straight from the Xbox version, with a bunch of new tracks.

reviewers slept on this and I'm not sure why...none of them seemed excited at all to play it.

[quote name='blueshinra']Sounds great. The arrows are slightly raised, you say? Is that comfortable with socks/bare feet?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't play with bare feet, because the material it's made of is pretty rough. On the upside, when you're wearing socks, you can grip the mat far better, and wearing socks makes you classy.

The downside to getting a metal pad is that you gotta wear shoes, which means you've also gotta buy a pair of indoor shoes. And having multiple pairs of shoes makes you a lady. Probably a fat, ugly one.

[quote name='botticus']Ninja Gaiden is... wow. I was really apprehensive about this one especially for $35, but concerns about length aside, it is hella good. I'd equate it to NMH levels of satisfaction in combat.[/quote]

I know what you're trying to say, but I can see where someone might not equate NMH combat with "satisfying".

Reminds me though, my copy w/sword stylus shipped!

Also...my HSG OoB shipped too!

And my MGS Essentials shipped a couple days ago!

Once GT5Pro ships, I guess I'll be more than set until GTAIV.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Well I feel fucking terrible. Not going to school tommorrow for sure. Maybe play some TF2 or Bully when I wake up.[/QUOTE]Even if I was sick I'd still go to class. The only thing to keep me away is when I actually couldn't walk (to a point I'd just fall down).

[quote name='Chacrana']I wouldn't play with bare feet, because the material it's made of is pretty rough. On the upside, when you're wearing socks, you can grip the mat far better, and wearing socks makes you classy.

The downside to getting a metal pad is that you gotta wear shoes, which means you've also gotta buy a pair of indoor shoes. And having multiple pairs of shoes makes you a lady. Probably a fat, ugly one.[/QUOTE]I sometimes play with bare feet on my pad, but I usually play in socks. I typically don't wear socks around the house and don't always feel like putting them on. I think one time I did slip with my socks.

Yeah, the Konami pad does suck. I have two (one on Xbox and another on Wii). I really want DDR Universe 2 on 360 (despite its song selection not being too great IMO), but I want an Ignition type pad on 360 (I'm not too sold on buying a Mad Catz one).

Btw, this is my pad:
Igntion3dancepad.jpg

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Even if I was sick I'd still go to class. The only thing to keep me away is when I actually couldn't walk (to a point I'd just fall down).

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you'd just go in a wheelchair.

[quote name='gunm']I know what you're trying to say, but I can see where someone might not equate NMH combat with "satisfying".
[/QUOTE]

NMH was the most satisfying killing in a game I've had in a long time.. last time I remembered that was when I played Ninja Gaiden on the original Xbox back in the day.

best ddr = 3rd mix. i still wanna find an arcade version for that. screw this extreme and supernova business. 3rd mix = less neutered version of USA mix.

lol at these new pads.
man, the pads we had back in the day were the most terrible things in the world. we had to mod ours hardcore... buying plywood, carpet, etc. they came out pretty good. you'd be like "oh cool, pads are only $20" but then they had no reliability at all. the foam pads from konami were like $120, import only. so hard to find and so expensive. -_-;

all that stepping on hard surfaces killed my feet though. seriously. i get shin splints really easy and am extremely flat footed now... playing basketball is the hardest thing in the world because i get enormous foot pain and shin splints... but i gotta do what i gotta do =)

man, all dese white boyz is the ones making the really durty techno in Beatmania and DDR, it seems. Why don't we get more of that on the US releases? Very strange.

Unless someone wants to tell me that John Robinson is an Asian name.

[quote name='kainzero']best ddr = 3rd mix. i still wanna find an arcade version for that. screw this extreme and supernova business. 3rd mix = less neutered version of USA mix.[/QUOTE]

Word, 3rd Mix is by far the best out of the whole wide spectrum of DDR games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back