I've lost contact with someone mid-trade

I started following this person yesterday or Twitter, and when I checked this morning I was not following anymore. Can they delete who is following? And why delete me. Them putting their account on lock is pretty suspicious.

[quote name='sgand']I started following this person yesterday or Twitter, and when I checked this morning I was not following anymore. Can they delete who is following? And why delete me. Them putting their account on lock is pretty suspicious.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir it is, This whole thing is fishy. And its really annoying. I have to deal with a person who is making up cousins and making excuses

Hate to say it, but they're obviously giving you the run-around. Don't take all this nonsense that they're trying to tell you. Demand answers and demand answers now. Make sure they sense your urgency.

[quote name='japatten']Hate to say it, but they're obviously giving you the run-around. Don't take all this nonsense that they're trying to tell you. Demand answers and demand answers now. Make sure they sense your urgency.[/QUOTE]

^ This. Tell them if you don't get clear answers/a tracking number by a specific date, you will be filing a criminal case for it. Give him a date, that should light a fire under him

Make sure to send them a certified letter as well as an email. Also since you are potentially dealing with a kid see if you can find his parents name if he still lives with them and send them a certified letter as well.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']^ This. Tell them if you don't get clear answers/a tracking number by a specific date, you will be filing a criminal case for it. Give him a date, that should light a fire under him[/QUOTE]

Even if the lawsuit doesn't scare him im worried he doesn't have a ps3. And even then i have to prove that kelvin clements is Mike williams. I have proof, but will it hold in court

[quote name='LordVila']Make sure to send them a certified letter as well as an email. Also since you are potentially dealing with a kid see if you can find his parents name if he still lives with them and send them a certified letter as well.[/QUOTE]
This might work. I accidentally bought stamps when i sent him the package so i could do it. Might send one to this sonya epps too. Might be his step mom or something. Thats what im going to do. write a letter

Im sitting at home i hear a banging on the door.. i look at the time.. nuh uh! i run upstairs (never have i run so fast) i awnser the door its the fed ex guy he put a package on the ground, hes walking away) I smile so big.... i look at the package its kind of small.. it says my dads name. heartbroken i have become from the over excitement, the over expectations, the thought this would all be over. As the days go by i try to make things lighter and funnier by narrating everything and acting as though i am Stephen king. A sad Alan I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does this look

Dear Kelvin Clement

This is a letter for direct communication. On april 14th 2013 you have agreed to trade your (1) ps3 bundle (250gb console with move bundle, the games Brink, NBA 2k12, and Homefront also other various items that you kept as a “secret”) for my (1) Halo 4 edition Xbox 360 W/ various items. I shipped the items on 4/15/13 at USPS on Michigan Ave. It has been confirmed you have received my package on 4/18/13 on the USPS tracking site. On the day of 4/18/13 you have loss contact with me and you have not yet given me any information. I am to wait till the 15 th day until legal action is to be taken. You are breaking the laws under USC chapter 63 Sections 1341 and 1342, Section 1341 states “Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises…..” The fine and penalty for mail fraud is “…shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.” As you can tell this is a very serious situation. I can prove that you have not yet sent me this ps3 or tried to contact me about it in any way. I bring up section 1342 because I do not believe that the Mike Williams person you told me to send it to is real either, S. 1342 states. “….carrying on by means of the Postal Service, any scheme or device mentioned in section 1341 of this title or any other unlawful business, uses or assumes, or requests to be addressed by, any fictitious, false, or assumed title, name, or address or name other than his own proper name…” If the matter is so that Kelvin Clements is Mike Williams you are breaking both laws. No Legal action will be taken if the PS3 is sent to address 4402 Westpoint st of Dearborn Heights MI. This is not a threat letter, it is a letter to simply state how serious the situation is and not to ignore it fore it will only get worse if ignored. Contact me as soon as possible, contact information will be below.. I am not asking for extra then what was promise or any compensation for how long this has taken. I am demanding a tracking number and to know when my package will be here. A copy of this letter will be sent to Kelvin Clement, The home owner Sonya Epps, and The Municipal courthouse of Easley SC. The Municipal court deals with cases of the federal government, The USPS service I used is a independent agency of the government.

Looks decent just make sure to proof read it and avoid using abbreviations incase if this goes to court. For example I would spell out what PS3 means the first time. You could say:

On 14 April 2013, you agreed to trade your (1) Playstation 3 (PS3) bundle

Make sure to have the letter look as professional as possible.

[quote name='LordVila']Looks decent just make sure to proof read it and avoid using abbreviations incase if this goes to court. For example I would spell out what PS3 means the first time. You could say:

On 14 April 2013, you agreed to trade your (1) Playstation 3 (PS3) bundle

Make sure to have the letter look as professional as possible.[/QUOTE]

I sent the xbox to mike williams but i dont think he exists

Hey, man. Really sorry to hear all that you're going through. I am no lawyer, but I felt I might be able to help. I proof read your letter and made a couple of changes. Let me know what you think!

[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr. Kelvin Clement,

This is a letter for direct communication. On April 14th, 2013 you have agreed to trade your (1) Playstation 3 (PS3) video game console bundle, which included was stated to include a 250gb Playstation 3 with Move bundle, and the games for the system, Brink, NBA 2K12, Homefront and also other various items that you kept as a “secret” for my (1) Halo 4 Edition Xbox 360 with various items listed originally. I shipped the items on April 15th, 2013 via the United States Postal Service. It was confirmed you received the Halo 4 Edition Xbox 360 on April 18th, 2013 via the United States Postal Service. On the day of April 18th, 2013 you would no longer contact me, and you have not yet given me any information in regards to when I would receive the previously state Playstation 3 bundle that was agreed upon in the trade. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am to wait until the fifteenth day of May 2013, upon which legal action will be taken. You are breaking the laws under United States Code Chapter 63, Sections 1341 and 1342. Section 1341 states, “Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises…” The fine and penalty for mail fraud is “…shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As you can tell this is a very serious situation. I can prove that you have not yet sent me the Playstation 3 agreed upon or tried to contact me about it in any way. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You may have noted my mentioning of Chapter 63, Section 1342, this was because, I do not believe that the Mike Williams person you told me to send it to is real either. Section 1342 states, “…carrying on by means of the Postal Service, any scheme or device mentioned in Section 1341 of this title or any other unlawful business, uses or assumes, or requests to be addressed by, any fictitious, false, or assumed title, name, or address or name other than his own proper name…” If the matter is so that Kelvin Clements is Mike Williams you are breaking both laws. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No Legal action will be taken if the Playstation 3 is sent to address 4402 Westpoint Street of Dearborn Heights MI. Please note, this is not a threat letter, it is a letter to simply state how serious the situation is and not to ignore it. The situation will only grow worse if this letter is ignored. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Contact me as soon as possible contact information will be below. I am demanding a tracking number and to know when my package will be here. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A copy of this letter will be sent to Kelvin Clement, the homeowner Sonya Epps, and The Municipal Courthouse of Easley, South Carolina. The Municipal Court deals with cases of the Federal Government of the United States of America. The United States Postal Service I used is an independent agency of the government.[/FONT]
Feel free to use my work. I do recommend reading over it yourself again. There were a lot of little grammatical problems like misplaced commas and such.

Anyway, best of luck!

Thanks, I already sent the letters out though. I hope they reach him by monday so he can ship

[quote name='Miken']Is it wrong for me to have the urge to grab popcorn as I read this thread? Its not funny in the slightest that you got cheated, but its just so suspenseful!!!

So yeah, what the above post stated.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I got a feeling that this is the "My landord is a scumbag" thread of this year.

But yeah, this sucks, dude...good luck!

Skipped over this thread the other day, glad I decided to stop in this time as this is all pretty interesting. As others have stated, my condolences... I know this is something that I've always worried about, but thankfully it hasn't ever happened to me(knock on wood). This is, unfortunately, something that happens on CAG from time to time. Users build up good feedback and then something like this happens out of nowhere, like the whole adriley313(248 positive feedback beforehand!) fiasco. Sometimes it's not completely on purpose, but it's always a risk.

In the future, I'd advise against trading anything of any great worth unless you truly feel you can trust the person. There's only a select few people on here that I'd trust with something that cost me that much, but you're always better off dealing with someone locally in a situation such as this.

At any rate, I wish you luck and look forward to finding out what exactly is going on here.

[quote name='Mixer236'] This is, unfortunately, something that happens on CAG from time to time. Users build up good feedback and then something like this happens out of nowhere, like the whole adriley313(248 positive feedback beforehand!) fiasco.[/QUOTE]

What happened here? I must've missed it.

I'm surprised no one has suggested to fill out a police report and get that ball rolling as well. It's past the point of "oops, I forgot to ship you the PS3", plus he's been here long enough that he knows how the rules are for these situations.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm surprised no one has suggested to fill out a police report and get that ball rolling as well. It's past the point of "oops, I forgot to ship you the PS3", plus he's been here long enough that he knows how the rules are for these situations.[/QUOTE]

Which police station, mine or his

[quote name='mguiddy']Both[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I think i will hold a contest at the end of this for everyone who has assisted me. I just contacted Easley Police and they took a full on report, his address and they agreed mike williams probably doesn't exist and they are going to call me back with news.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Wow...that was an interesting read :lol: I feel bad though for everyone who got scammed :c[/QUOTE]
Same, it happens to the best of us

Police called, their going to his house right now to wake them up and get contact with either Mike or Kelvin. This is going so nice

[quote name='Rahori']Thanks guys, I think i will hold a contest at the end of this for everyone who has assisted me. I just contacted Easley Police and they took a full on report, his address and they agreed mike williams probably doesn't exist and they are going to call me back with news.

Same, it happens to the best of us

Police called, their going to his house right now to wake them up and get contact with either Mike or Kelvin. This is going so nice[/QUOTE]

That's great!! Keep us posted! I hope everything works out for you. :)
If I may say, this is getting quite intense :lol:

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']That's great!! Keep us posted! I hope everything works out for you. :)
If I may say, this is getting quite intense :lol:[/QUOTE]

Bro, ive got the shakes. The police called! They got a hold of him. he was scared of me the whole time! and he shipped it this monday!.His name is Kelvin Clements, Mike williams doesn't exist. The police have all of his info from his DOB to SSN, if its not here by thursday next week they told me to call them back.

im so happy :)))))
Wtf.. this forum has almost 7000 views. people sure do love misery.

[quote name='Rahori']Bro, ive got the shakes. The police called! They got a hold of him. he was scared of me the whole time! and he shipped it this monday!.His name is Kelvin Clements, Mike williams doesn't exist. The police have all of his info from his DOB to SSN, if its not here by thursday next week they told me to call them back.

Wtf.. this forum has almost 7000 views. people sure do love misery.[/QUOTE]

Congrats!\\:D/ :whee:Way to be extremely proactive and get this whole mess solved :applause:
EDIT: Of course it has a lot of views; people love drama xD

Thats nice to hear! Now the wait begins for rhe package! But since police is already involved, im pretty sure the package will arrive. Good job man!

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Congrats!\\:D/ :whee:Way to be extremely proactive and get this whole mess solved :applause:
EDIT: Of course it has a lot of views; people love drama xD[/QUOTE]

And as promised, a giveaway. The giveaway is a 1yr membership of xbox live. I know some of you dont have xbox. and im sorry. but its all I have and if you dont have one you can give it away or sell it. iDC. And since im lazy, the person to go on each page of this forum and give me every single display name of each person who said "i hope this works out" or just gave advice or information or was supportive in any way will get a second name in the raffle (two chances) Itll be a randomized name picking out of a random name picked online or written and put in a hat. Once i get the names I will probably do the contest on Monday or Tuesday. Good luck :D Whoever decides to get each name. Post it in this thread after 4PM tomorrow, posting it any time before 4PM EST will be disqualified for the second chance, you will still get a first though if you were supportive. Good luck and happy hunger games. Lolz

All positive posts have to be before this one. Sorry

[quote name='Rahori']Bro, ive got the shakes. The police called! They got a hold of him. he was scared of me the whole time! and he shipped it this monday!.His name is Kelvin Clements, Mike williams doesn't exist. The police have all of his info from his DOB to SSN, if its not here by thursday next week they told me to call them back.[/QUOTE]

Impressive. You did a good job, OP; & that CAG teamwork, ah?

By the way, loving the posts in this thread. +1 for a CAG mob.

"You don't fuck with us, buddy!" :twoguns:

What a douche, this site doesn't surprise me anymore. Let this be a lesson to all of us! I hope you do get a fully working PlayStation 3 really soon, I try to be very cautions on this site but I guess it really can happen to anyone. I hope his trading timeout turns into a full on trading ban so he doesn't do this to anyone else.

I just thought, Whos going to give me positive feed back :( can i get permission from a mod to get +1 positive feedback

[quote name='Rahori']Bro, ive got the shakes. The police called! They got a hold of him. he was scared of me the whole time! and he shipped it this monday!.His name is Kelvin Clements, Mike williams doesn't exist. The police have all of his info from his DOB to SSN, if its not here by thursday next week they told me to call them back.

Wtf.. this forum has almost 7000 views. people sure do love misery.[/QUOTE]

Yay! Glad it worked out for you!

Congrats OP! I'm glad to hear that scumbag got caught. All that's left now is to wait and see if you receive it AND in working condition. I'll be rootin' for ya.

[quote name='Rahori']I just thought, Whos going to give me positive feed back :( can i get permission from a mod to get +1 positive feedback[/QUOTE]

I'm sure whoever gets chosen for the giveaway will give you the feedback, mate. Glad this got resolved. Early nomination for best thread of '13?

[quote name='eulogywerd21']I'm sure whoever gets chosen for the giveaway will give you the feedback, mate. Glad this got resolved. Early nomination for best thread of '13?[/QUOTE]

Can't leave feedback for gifts. Shrike commented in the thread, IIRC. He'll probably chime in.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Congrats OP! I'm glad to hear that scumbag got caught. All that's left now is to wait and see if you receive it AND in working condition. I'll be rootin' for ya.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even consider the condition of the console shipped; I hope it works alright :/

Good to hear that the suggestion to contact the police seemed like the catalyst to get this dealt with.

Looks like things will eventually work out, OP. Keep us updated on how it goes, assuming you don't get a box of rocks.

And unfortunately, giveaways can't get positive feedback, sorry.

That's awesome assuming you actually get what you're supposed to. I was worried because he sells on Craigslist and I figured he'd try to get rid of your Xbox there and never send you a thing.

Keep us updated. Frankly I'm surprised the police actually did something about it and apparently immediately. I'm impressed. Many thanks to them.

Edit: He told the police he sent it out Monday? Hopefully he sent you what he was supposed to (assuming he did actually send anything). I want to know if he actually sent it Monday or if he'll send it now that he knows police are involved.

[quote name='ShockandAww']That's awesome assuming you actually get what you're supposed to. I was worried because he sells on Craigslist and I figured he'd try to get rid of your Xbox there and never send you a thing.

Keep us updated. Frankly I'm surprised the police actually did something about it and apparently immediately. I'm impressed. Many thanks to them.

Edit: He told the police he sent it out Monday? Hopefully he sent you what he was supposed to (assuming he did actually send anything). I want to know if he actually sent it Monday or if he'll send it now that he knows police are involved.[/QUOTE]
They must've been bored that day.

Thinking about it I don't believe for a second that he did send it on Monday. You didn't even make this thread until Tuesday. Had he actually sent it Monday he would have told you and not made up some bs about a cousin and such.

Oh well if nothing else hopefully the police involvement will push him to send you what he owes you.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Thinking about it I don't believe for a second that he did send it on Monday. You didn't even make this thread until Tuesday. Had he actually sent it Monday he would have told you and not made up some bs about a cousin and such.

Oh well if nothing else hopefully the police involvement will push him to send you what he owes you.[/QUOTE]

Well the package has until thursday to get here before the cops come after him :)

[quote name='shrike4242']Good to hear that the suggestion to contact the police seemed like the catalyst to get this dealt with.

Looks like things will eventually work out, OP. Keep us updated on how it goes, assuming you don't get a box of rocks.

And unfortunately, giveaways can't get positive feedback, sorry.[/QUOTE]
What if i made the contest that you have to add me on xbox live or PSN to be able to receive the gift. Would it be a trade then? lol

This is great news. I can't believe the police actually gave a crap about an internet trade. I always imagine a heavyset 70's porno mustached dude sitting at a desk when I think of police.

[quote name='sgand']This is great news. I can't believe the police actually gave a crap about an internet trade. I always imagine a heavyset 70's porno mustached dude sitting at a desk when I think of police.[/QUOTE]

I thought they'd be like oh lord i dont want to to go try finding this kids video game console.

[quote name='Rahori']And as promised, a giveaway. The giveaway is a 1yr membership of xbox live. I know some of you dont have xbox. and im sorry. but its all I have and if you dont have one you can give it away or sell it. iDC. And since im lazy, the person to go on each page of this forum and give me every single display name of each person who said "i hope this works out" or just gave advice or information or was supportive in any way will get a second name in the raffle (two chances) Itll be a randomized name picking out of a random name picked online or written and put in a hat. Once i get the names I will probably do the contest on Monday or Tuesday. Good luck :D Whoever decides to get each name. Post it in this thread after 4PM tomorrow, posting it any time before 4PM EST will be disqualified for the second chance, you will still get a first though if you were supportive. Good luck and happy hunger games. Lolz

All positive posts have to be before this one. Sorry[/QUOTE]

Because I was bored at work here is a list of names of everyone who isn't a mod that posted in this thread before you announced the give away. You can go through and edit the list if you feel like they weren't helpful etc.

sgand
pitfallharry219
Spyder187
highoffcoffee496
Vinny
georox
Bercelak
skiizim
.Virus
kburns10
weaponx3224
Camre
eulogywerd21
Bercelak
ShockandAww
LordVila
Miken
crr_1119
Stoic Person Eater
GBAstar
Hybrid5006
JoKu
Access_Denied
VaultBory101
mitch079
marjincharge
japatten
Dark Rider
Tronny
Mixer236
mguiddy
thelonepig
WhipSmartBanky
CAGkrazy

[quote name='LordVila']Because I was bored at work here is a list of names of everyone who isn't a mod that posted in this thread before you announced the give away. You can go through and edit the list if you feel like they weren't helpful etc.

sgand
pitfallharry219
Spyder187
highoffcoffee496
Vinny
georox
Bercelak
skiizim
.Virus
kburns10
weaponx3224
Camre