I've lost contact with someone mid-trade

[quote name='sgand']It's not 4pm yet, silly. :p[/QUOTE]

Ah reading fail. Oh well thats some work done for whoever decides to do it then.

That's awesome that the Police helped you... and were so quick about it.

I'm sure it is a toss up but I bet a lot of precincts would chalk it up as a "lesson learned" but if you played the mail fraud angle maybe that got their attention.

Anyways I'm surprised they took care of it right then and there. Maybe this isn't the first complaint against that household and the officers got some satisfaction out of being able to hassle them late at night?

Anyways really hope this has a happy ending!

It was all fun and games until the cops got involved! Now he's more than cooperative. Glad you worked things out, OP! Hopefully this doesn't spoil your trading on here. Lots of honest, upstanding people (just a few bad eggs ruin it for everyone).

What he said^. Lots of great people here that really care about each other. It's rare to seeas many people on one site that care. Sure, we have a few bad eggs on the site-- but regardless, I'm just happy that you got help from the police. Hopefully this pans out for you.

[quote name='Rahori']XXX
Hey man, its me, just looking for information on where my ps3 is before i open a case for the courts

This is the conversation his "cousin" had with me.[/QUOTE]

I would suggest you remove your contact information and name from your post., although I know you said you want to keep it up in case he finds this thread. Although the mail fraud/theft is a federal offense and bad enough, I checked to see if he could have violated any SC state laws particularly grand theft. Unfortunately, according to SC law, it appears that the value of the goods stolen has to be over $2,000 for it to constitute felony grand theft/larceny. But you could say that the rarity of the console increases the value to over $2,000, if he doesn't actually deliver and you have to call the Easley officers again. He could definitely be popped for receipt/possession of stolen property.

SECTION 16-13-30. Petit larceny; grand larceny.

(A) Simple larceny of any article of goods, choses in action, bank bills, bills receivable, chattels, or other article of personalty of which by law larceny may be committed, or of any fixture, part, or product of the soil severed from the soil by an unlawful act, or has a value of two thousand dollars or less, is petit larceny, a misdemeanor, triable in the magistrates court or municipal court, notwithstanding the provisions of Sections 22-3-540, 22-3-545, 22-3-550, and 14-25-65. Upon conviction, the person must be fined not more than one thousand dollars, or imprisoned not more than thirty days.

(B) Larceny of goods, chattels, instruments, or other personalty valued in excess of two thousand dollars is grand larceny. Upon conviction, the person is guilty of a felony and must be fined in the discretion of the court or imprisoned not more than:

(1) five years if the value of the personalty is more than two thousand dollars but less than ten thousand dollars;

(2) ten years if the value of the personalty is ten thousand dollars or more.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-353; 1952 Code Section 16-353; 1942 Code Section 1160; 1932 Code Section 1160; Cr. C. '22 Section 53; Cr. C. '12 Section 203; Cr. C. '02 Section 164; G. S. 2498; R. S. 160; 1866 (13) 407; 1887 (19) 820; 1964 (53) 1725; 1981 Act No. 76, Section 4; 1993 Act No. 171, Section 5; 1993 Act No. 184, Section 107; 2010 Act No. 273, Section 16.E, eff June 2, 2010.

SECTION 16-13-180. Receiving stolen goods.

(A) It is unlawful for a person to buy, receive, or possess stolen goods, chattels, or other property if the person knows or has reason to believe the goods, chattels, or property is stolen. A person is guilty of this offense whether or not anyone is convicted of the theft of the property.

(B) A person who violates the provisions of this section is guilty of a:

(1) misdemeanor triable in magistrates court or municipal court, notwithstanding the provisions of Sections 22-3-540, 22-3-545, 22-3-550, and 14-25-65, if the value of the property is two thousand dollars or less. Upon conviction, the person must be fined not more than one thousand dollars, or imprisoned not more than thirty days;

(2) felony and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than one thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than five years if the value of the property is more than two thousand dollars but less than ten thousand dollars;

(3) felony and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than two thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than ten years if the value of the property is ten thousand dollars or more.

(C) For the purposes of this section, the receipt of multiple items in a single transaction or event constitutes a single offense.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-362; 1952 Code Section 16-362; 1942 Code Section 1161; 1932 Code Section 1161; Cr. C. '22 Section 54; Cr. C. '12 Section 204; Cr. C. '02 Section 165; G. S. 25, 26a; R. S. 161; 1712 (2) 543; 1760 (4) 309; 1887 (19) 814; 1964 (53) 1721; 1981 Act No. 76, Section 6; 1988 Act No. 640; 1993 Act No. 171, Section 9; 1993 Act No. 184, Section 112; 2010 Act No. 273, Section 16.L, eff June 2, 2010.

SECTION 16-13-181. Action for damages resulting from violation of Section 16-13-180.

Any person who has been injured or suffered damages because of a violation of Section 16-13-180 may bring an action in the circuit court against the person convicted of the violation for three times the amount of damages suffered, if any, plus costs of the action and reasonable attorney fees.

HISTORY: 1980 Act No. 489.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im laughing at the the cop was real though jokes. Yes they were cops. they werent mike. lmao! I should be getting the package today, tommorrow (if UPS delivers saturday,) or monday. If not then im just going to be back to calling their police station.

and to be fair guys, if he did send it out monday he isn't that bad of a guy, he must have been busy because he hasn't been online for anything. Psn live, or here. Must be busy to not even play the new xbox you got.

but now its open for that special post

sgand
pitfallharry219
Spyder187
highoffcoffee496
Vinny
georox
Bercelak
skiizim
.Virus
kburns10
weaponx3224
Camre
eulogywerd21
Bercelak
ShockandAww
LordVila
Miken
crr_1119
Stoic Person Eater
GBAstar
Hybrid5006
JoKu
Access_Denied
VaultBory101
mitch079
marjincharge
japatten
Dark Rider
Tronny
Mixer236
mguiddy
thelonepig
WhipSmartBanky
CAGkrazy

[quote name='sgand']sgand
pitfallharry219
Spyder187
highoffcoffee496
Vinny
georox
Bercelak
skiizim
.Virus
kburns10
weaponx3224
Camre
eulogywerd21
Bercelak
ShockandAww
LordVila
Miken
crr_1119
Stoic Person Eater
GBAstar
Hybrid5006
JoKu
Access_Denied
VaultBory101
mitch079
marjincharge
japatten
Dark Rider
Tronny
Mixer236
mguiddy
thelonepig
WhipSmartBanky
CAGkrazy[/QUOTE]

Congrats, you sir get 2 entries in the contest

Btw first person to get picked two times wins the sweepstakes, just to make it fair

From SC to MI should only be 4 days max, if he shipped UPS ground you wont get it tomorrow but will have to wait till at least Monday to give at least 5 business days.

[quote name='skiizim']From SC to MI should only be 4 days max, if he shipped UPS ground you wont get it tomorrow but will have to wait till at least Monday to give at least 5 business days.[/QUOTE]

I used the shipping calculator it said itd take 3 days max if he used the cheapest method

[quote name='Rahori']I used the shipping calculator it said itd take 3 days max if he used the cheapest method[/QUOTE]

And he didn't give the police any tracking number? I'd wager he was lying to the cops; just attempting to delay/buy more time. Provided that is the case, when you call the police next, I would recommend you request they get any sort of evidence that he actually sent something, anything, to you - a receipt from the post office/UPS...preferably a valid tracking number.

[quote name='karkyco']And he didn't give the police any tracking number? I'd wager he was lying to the cops; just attempting to delay/buy more time. Provided that is the case, when you call the police next, I would recommend you request they get any sort of evidence that he actually sent something, anything, to you - a receipt from the post office/UPS...preferably a valid tracking number.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good

[quote name='Rahori']Im laughing at the the cop was real though jokes. Yes they were cops. they werent mike. lmao! I should be getting the package today, tommorrow (if UPS delivers saturday,) or monday. If not then im just going to be back to calling their police station.

and to be fair guys, if he did send it out monday he isn't that bad of a guy, he must have been busy because he hasn't been online for anything. Psn live, or here. Must be busy to not even play the new xbox you got.

but now its open for that special post[/QUOTE]

He tried to scam the shit out of you and only told the cops he sent it out so he wouldn't get into trouble. I'll bet you dollars to donuts the postmark will be the day he spoke to the cops or the very next.

Well sorry to hear what happened. I read all six pages and, I just happen to be eating popcorn. Hope it all works out.

[quote name='confoosious']He tried to scam the shit out of you and only told the cops he sent it out so he wouldn't get into trouble. I'll bet you dollars to donuts the postmark will be the day he spoke to the cops or the very next.[/QUOTE]
ooo nice nice, didn't think about that. I will keep that updated

I actually let out a sigh of relief, i'm not sure why i was so concerned about this. I felt so angry FOR you.

[quote name='JoKu']I actually let out a sigh of relief, i'm not sure why i was so concerned about this. I felt so angry FOR you. I just noticed you were from Michigan now. I'm in Saginaw.

Now to update my comment on that youtube page, some of his friends should know who they are dealing with.[/QUOTE]

New update ladies and gentlemen. He never had a ps3. he never shipped it monday. He contacted me on facebook and told me. He said, I just ordered you a 500Gb bundle online and it should be sent out monday, ill get you a tracking number then. After that he got offline. I messaged back saying thats fine but if i dont have proof that its coming by thursday i have to take legal action.

[quote name='Rahori']New update ladies and gentlemen. He never had a ps3. he never shipped it monday. He contacted me on facebook and told me. He said, I just ordered you a 500Gb bundle online and it should be sent out monday, ill get you a tracking number then. After that he got offline. I messaged back saying thats fine but if i dont have proof that its coming by thursday i have to take legal action.[/QUOTE]

Okay, this guy definitely needs to be banned. I hope the mods take action.

This whole situation is just crazy; but hey it sounds like your getting a better PS3 than originally agreed on! :D

I can't believe he lied to the cops though and said he sent it out. Basically he just admitted to attempting to scam you :roll::lol:

This thread went from depressing to amazing. Glad the cops got involved and helped out. Hopefully you get your PS3 Move Bundle today or on Monday at the latest and it is in good working condition. Good luck!

[quote name='confoosious']I must have missed it, what is his username on here?[/QUOTE]

Rockinjs he even admitted it wasn't his cousin using his account, dont ban his account untill i get my ps3 though just incase. I really wanted those games he promised me though. Oh well. I hope he bought me that shiny red one :)

[quote name='Rahori']New update ladies and gentlemen. He never had a ps3. he never shipped it monday. He contacted me on facebook and told me. He said, I just ordered you a 500Gb bundle online and it should be sent out monday, ill get you a tracking number then. After that he got offline. I messaged back saying thats fine but if i dont have proof that its coming by thursday i have to take legal action.[/QUOTE]

Well what you told him is fine but it still sounds like complete bullshit. Did you get any evidence that he actually ordered you anything? Obviously you can't believe a word this jackass says.

I guess you just wait until Thursday and if you don't have something by then go back to the police. Don't let him stall you another day.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Well what you told him is fine but it still sounds like complete bullshit. Did you get any evidence that he actually ordered you anything? Obviously you can't believe a word this jackass says.

I guess you just wait until Thursday and if you don't have something by then go back to the police. Don't let him stall you another day.[/QUOTE]

This.

You need to tell him that if he emails you with anything other than an order number + tracking number or you don't receive the item or in incorrect item by thursday, you are calling the police again and filing charges.

No bullshit. No excuses. If he wants to end up in jail, so be it. The longer you let this drag on, the harder it's going to be for you.

Wow! How did the person managed to even lie to the police? That is really sickening. Seems like this is not the first time he did this to anyone. Yeah you need proof. Did he even said where he ordered it from? Tsktsk! Well keep us posted

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Wow! How did the person managed to even lie to the police? That is really sickening. Seems like this is not the first time he did this to anyone. Yeah you need proof. Did he even said where he ordered it from? Tsktsk! Well keep us posted[/QUOTE]

thursday is his deadline

Ask him to forward the shipping confirmation from the order. If he ordered the PS3, I'd still be worried he picked up an acceptable-condition from Warehouse Deals or even a non-working or used bundle elsewhere. If that's the case, you'll need to stay in contact to resolve the issue.

I hope this all works out for you, but if it doesn't and you have to take legal action, please make sure you are saving all communications between you and said person. This will help your case.

[quote name='SGRX']I stopped selling on eBay after my last negative experience. A buyer received a $600 item that he had purchased from me - listing was accurate, pictures were accurate, I shipped as stated in the listing within 1 business day of payment receipt, UPS insured/adult signature confirmation.

He received the item and as soon as he was able to, filed a claim stating that it was not the item indicated in the listing. I offered a refund provided he returned the item, hoping it was buyer's remorse instead of a scam attempt, which Paypal accepted and held the funds pending the return. He sent back a 5lb bag of sugar in the original box to keep the weight even with the original shipment. The package was sent to the UPS store address I used for business at the time, and I had it opened there by the staff in case it turned out to be fraud. I took their names and filed a police report. The police contacted Paypal, gave me a report number, and I faxed in all the relevant documentation.

The decision was ultimately reversed and the money put back in my account, after which he left negative feedback that eBay would do nothing about, even though I had proof that the buyer committed felony fraud, witnesses with signed statements and a police report backing it up. I'm also pretty certain that if it hadn't been late on a Friday when the package arrived, he would have had time to clear the funds out of his account, Paypal would have been unable to reclaim the funds, and I would have been fucked. He contacted Paypal basically the instant the tracking indicated delivery asking for his refund to be released.

I've sold a lot of different items on eBay over the last 10 years or so, but that was the point that I decided to cut my losses since they really just don't care if you get ripped off as a seller.[/QUOTE]

This doesn't apply to your situation, but i'll never forget this man's words.

[quote name='JoKu']This doesn't apply to your situation, but i'll never forget this man's words.[/QUOTE]
facebook messages to him. replying after his midnight message stating he ordered me a ps3

12:01am
Alan Olivera
ordered me?? what happened to the original deal
well i mean, it works. im just confused. as long as it gets to me or i get proof itll be here by thursday we wont have any issue
Today

11:15am
Alan Olivera
Well hey, i know you got on every 5 days, but what store did you buy it from, whats the tracking number and what bundle was it

12:48pm
Alan Olivera
Thursday is the deadline btw, you have to give me package info and proof that its actually coming by thursday, no joke, no more lying to me or the police
Today

4:07pm
Alan Olivera
I will also need a confirmation email from the website you bought it from or i will not accept the item. Seriously I will need all information on this purchase emailed to [email protected]

Used one on amazon. Very good apparently. hasnt told me what bundle yet. Nervous because i might have to buy a fucking controller now.

[quote name='Rahori']Used one on amazon. Very good apparently. hasnt told me what bundle yet. Nervous because i might have to buy a fucking controller now.[/QUOTE]

Honestly if I were you, I would just be tempted to tell the police he lied about originally sending it. He's just trying to get you a PS3 at literally the lowest cost to him. Jerk :wall:
What more did we expect I suppose?
EDIT: Are you going to do anything if the bundle doesn't come with the originally promised games/ps move equipment?

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Honestly if I were you, I would just be tempted to tell the police he lied about originally sending it. He's just trying to get you a PS3 at literally the lowest cost to him. Jerk :wall:
What more did we expect I suppose?
EDIT: Are you going to do anything if the bundle doesn't come with the originally promised games/ps move equipment?[/QUOTE]

If its a working ps3 i could care less, unless i have to buy a controller
Hes getting banned either way

[quote name='mitch079']Why'd he have to order you a PS3? His Raptr account shows him playing on one through the end of last month.

If it helps, spokeo shows this: http://www.spokeo.com/search?q=kelvin+clement&global=true&s4=t30#Easley,+SC:2233449857

Using google maps and the aerial that spokeo shows, the house # is approx. 246.[/QUOTE]

That doesnt make sense though. here it says he lives on canvas backway but the police confirmed he lived on 155 beverly dr.

[quote name='Rahori']I was trading with a CAG and i sent them my item but when i asked if he sent his item he never responded and hasn't been online since my item got there. What do i do? Everytime i email the contact support on here i don't get a response. It's annoying since i traded him a Halo 4 Edition Xbox 360 and he was suppose to give me a 250gb ps3 move bundle.[/QUOTE]

Damn man, I would've traded for that 360 in a heartbeat.......

If you get it back you know who to call!

I have the same bundle and I have a sealed PS3 BF bundle

I kept EVERYTHING TOO!

I hope everything turns out ok. :)

(Peers eyes..."I'll give you a better deal")

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Damn man, I would've traded for that 360 in a heartbeat.......

If you get it back you know who to call!

I have the same bundle and I have a sealed PS3 BF bundle

I kept EVERYTHING TOO!

I hope everything turns out ok. :)

(Peers eyes..."I'll give you a better deal")[/QUOTE]

Lol nope, he sent me an uncharted bundle from amazon, got the tracking number and everything itll be here wednsday

[quote name='Rahori']Lol nope, he sent me an uncharted bundle from amazon, got the tracking number and everything itll be here wednsday[/QUOTE]

My best friend bought that bundle from amazon used just a couple weeks ago and hers came in like new condition (box and everything). Hopefully yours is in good shape too

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']My best friend bought that bundle from amazon used just a couple weeks ago and hers came in like new condition (box and everything). Hopefully yours is in good shape too[/QUOTE]

I hope mine is better, i hope it comes with a library of 100 games and a comfort blanket from this situation lol

[quote name='skiizim']What a dick, I'm sorry you have to go through this.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but this is the price you pay for owning an xbox!

Stay away from the darkside and I hope you get all you wanted!

[quote name='mastagoalie']Yes, but this is the price you pay for owning an xbox!

Stay away from the darkside and I hope you get all you wanted![/QUOTE]

Both consoles are good and xbox was better at launch and started pffftttt *farts* so on

Yep Xbox was better back in the day. Now I'd pick PS3 easily.

[quote name='Rahori']Lol nope, he sent me an uncharted bundle from amazon, got the tracking number and everything itll be here wednsday[/QUOTE]

There's 2 different Uncharted 3 PS3 bundles as far as I know. One is 320GB (regular slim) and the other is 250GB (super slim). Didn't he tell you it was a 500GB? Also did you get a screen shot of the Amazon order at all?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yep Xbox was better back in the day. Now I'd pick PS3 easily.

There's 2 different Uncharted 3 PS3 bundles as far as I know. One is 320GB (regular slim) and the other is 250GB (super slim). Didn't he tell you it was a 500GB? Also did you get a screen shot of the Amazon order at all?[/QUOTE]

He got me a 250 gb and the ups tracking says its from amazon inc im not that worried about it

[quote name='Rahori']He got me a 250 gb and the ups tracking says its from amazon inc im not that worried about it[/QUOTE]

That Halo 4 Xbox was worth way more.

Should've forced him to get a better bundle.

God of War, ACIII, that move bundle promised.

Super slim isn't the best, my regular slim runs better.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']That Halo 4 Xbox was worth way more.

Should've forced him to get a better bundle.

God of War, ACIII, that move bundle promised.

Super slim isn't the best, my regular slim runs better.[/QUOTE]

I just want to be done with this whole thing. I got what i originally wanted from my post, a super slim ps3

bread's done
Back