I've lost contact with someone mid-trade

[quote name='confoosious']please let's not ruin a perfectly entertaining thread with fanboy stuff.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, lets ruin it with advertisements. Ill be doing the unboxing on my youtube channel and maybe even my stream since im buying Logitech C920 webcam today.

[quote name='Rahori']Agreed, lets ruin it with advertisements. Ill be doing the unboxing on my youtube channel and maybe even my stream since im buying Logitech C920 webcam today.[/QUOTE]

:rofl::applause:

[quote name='confoosious']please let's not ruin a perfectly entertaining thread with fanboy stuff.[/QUOTE]

Not fanboy stuff man. I'm more PS3 focused...... check my list for proof.

Just that the Xbox was/is in high demand.

Just stumbled upon this as I was bored and carousing the forums.

Glad to know we have such a nice community here. Looking forward to being more active in it. :D

When threads like these usually start, there are plenty of people bashing the OP and telling them you got scammed, don't even bother, or "this belongs in a different forum" and "will it run on my Mac" all the while sounding like total douchbags. This thread was different, don't know why, but it was. I enjoyed the conclusion. Post a picture of it when arrives.

[quote name='Rahori']What posts?[/QUOTE]

Weren't there a bunch of posts with you all talking about how you like PS3 more?

[quote name='ckehvin']Just stumbled upon this as I was bored and carousing the forums.

Glad to know we have such a nice community here. Looking forward to being more active in it. :D[/QUOTE]

:grouphug:

Sorry that happened to you OP and good that everything turns out ok. I'm currently in the same situation and at across roads at what to do.

I shipped out some thing out on the 25 and it was comfirmation delivered on the 27. Yet no contact/email/payment since then. The person also has not logged on. This person also has a 100% rating with over 100 in trades.

Its unfortunate that people decide to cashout and abuse their rating like this. Where do I PM about this?

Once (If) you do receive the PS3, I'd still contact the local police department and tell them everything. Mention he in fact lied to them and show them the shipped message as proof.

[quote name='nixmahn']Sorry that happened to you OP and good that everything turns out ok. I'm currently in the same situation and at across roads at what to do.

I shipped out some thing out on the 25 and it was comfirmation delivered on the 27. Yet no contact/email/payment since then. The person also has not logged on. This person also has a 100% rating with over 100 in trades.

Its unfortunate that people decide to cashout and abuse their rating like this. Where do I PM about this?[/QUOTE]

Hey, go on and read through this forum i say everything i do and maybe it can help you get your package

It arrived today, Came with a console, cords, controller and usb. no games, and when i got onto it none of the profiles were cleared and it only had 119/149 gigs available. So its not even a 250. I dont even know of a playstation that has that many gigs. such an odd amount. Although kind of dissapointed Im glad this thing is over.

[quote name='Rahori']It arrived today, Came with a console, cords, controller and usb. no games, and when i got onto it none of the profiles were cleared and it only had 119/149 gigs available. So its not even a 250. I dont even know of a playstation that has that many gigs. such an odd amount. Although kind of dissapointed Im glad this thing is over.[/QUOTE]

I think the original slim I purchased was a 160GB so 149GB would make sense (assuming the rest was for system files).

What games (or types of games are you most interested in)?

[quote name='Rahori']It arrived today, Came with a console, cords, controller and usb. no games, and when i got onto it none of the profiles were cleared and it only had 119/149 gigs available. So its not even a 250. I dont even know of a playstation that has that many gigs. such an odd amount. Although kind of dissapointed Im glad this thing is over.[/QUOTE]

You seriously got ripped off though...I feel terrible. Honestly if it was me I would still go to the police because you did not get everything that was agreed upon; or I would send another email to him asking for money or the games originally promised to make up for it. He also lied about the model of the system!
As a Criminal Justice major I just don't like seeing this...I have a strong belief in justice ;)
I know you just want to be done with it but I would hope you consider taking more action; it bothers me to see him get away with this by doing the bare minimum

[quote name='GBAstar']I think the original slim I purchased was a 160GB so 149GB would make sense (assuming the rest was for system files).

What games (or types of games are you most interested in)?[/QUOTE]

Well I was promised brink nba2k12 and homefront, i hate sports games but i like most FPS, triple A title and JRPGs. I would ask for compensation but he just offered me a return label from Amazon even on the amazon slip it said 250gb. so its technically amazons fault

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']You seriously got ripped off though...I feel terrible. Honestly if it was me I would still go to the police because you did not get everything that was agreed upon; or I would send another email to him asking for money or the games originally promised to make up for it. He also lied about the model of the system!
As a Criminal Justice major I just don't like seeing this...I have a strong belief in justice ;)
I know you just want to be done with it but I would hope you consider taking more action; it bothers me to see him get away with this by doing the bare minimum[/QUOTE]
Yep that 160GB PS3 is worth about half what that Halo system is worth. I'd still tell him you want what was promised immediately and also tell the police you did not get what you were told you were getting. Most likely nothing will come of it but you may as well try. I know I'd be making his life as miserable as possible within the law. Hopefully you've saved any communications with him.

[quote name='Rahori']Well I was promised brink nba2k12 and homefront, i hate sports games but i like most FPS, triple A title and JRPGs. I would ask for compensation but he just offered me a return label from Amazon even on the amazon slip it said 250gb. so its technically amazons fault[/QUOTE]

Those games are bad and dirt cheap. Of course that isn't the point so I'd still tell him you want them yesterday.

Also, he may have ordered himself the 250GB and given you an older system? Did he order it directly to you from Amazon or did he get it then send it to you?
If it came straight from Amazon he should be compensated (assuming you don't want to send it back) and he can give you whatever compensation they give him.

So you were supposed to get a 250GB Move bundle with extra games, and you end up with a 160GB with nothing extra. There is no way I'd let myself settle with that.

[quote name='Rahori']Well I was promised brink nba2k12 and homefront, i hate sports games but i like most FPS, triple A title and JRPGs. I would ask for compensation but he just offered me a return label from Amazon even on the amazon slip it said 250gb. so its technically amazons fault[/QUOTE]

Did the date on Amazon's slip match the ship date?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yep that 160GB PS3 is worth about half what that Halo system is worth. I'd still tell him you want what was promised immediately and also tell the police you did not get what you were told you were getting. Most likely nothing will come of it but you may as well try. I know I'd be making his life as miserable as possible within the law. Hopefully you've saved any communications with him.
[/QUOTE]

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. He calls up the police and says he was shorted on the trade they go to the sender and say:
"Son, did you knowingly short him on the trade?"
"No officer, I felt bad about the delay in the package so I ordered him a new PS3 straight from Amazon.com, which is a very reputable site, and I had Amazon ship it direct to him. Look here, you can see where I ordered a 250GB bundle from Amazon. I think he is trying to fleece me now!"

I say you just need to quit while you are getting a semi favorable outcome. Any more pushing and your likely to end up with nothing. The games you were promised were dirt cheap and crappy. I'm sure you can find them for 99 cents at Gamestop soon. The Move is also pretty lackluster and you can buy that for cheap if you had any interest in it. As far as the hard drive goes you can buy a larger one for cheap if you keep a watch on the deals forum.

He bought it off of amazon on the 26 and it came in the original warehouse box with the smiley face. sorry i haven't done the contest yet i keep forgetting. Ill try to do it right now

[quote name='KtMack23']Just thought I'd pop in and say this guy is a little shit, hopefully you get what you were originally promised.[/QUOTE]

I didn't and i keep slacking on the contest, Itll happen sunday since i have the day off. im sorry guys. Im an ass

Sorry to hear you got screwed out of what you should have gotten. Glad you at least got a playable ps3. Hope karma catches up with this asshat.

bread's done
Back