Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is back in stock for pre-order at Gamestop, which comes with the 2 Snow Miku 2013 costumes and a custom unique PS3 theme with 10 backgrounds. I'm not exactly sure what time zone they run on, but the pre-order period will end soon with the release tomorrow. If you were going to get the game anyways, might as well get the bonuses!

Super excited for the game, I've already had the PS Vita version but I've never played the 6 new songs they included in the PS3 version and those are some of my favorite songs.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f/109941

GS txt me that I can pick it at midnight but I think I am going to wait till tomorrow and drop by on my way to work.

Wish there are more PDF talk and that more people give it a try.  Miku is irresistible!

I think this run I will spend more time in diva room and edit and perhaps go for my 1st ever plat!

I think this run I will spend more time in diva room and edit and perhaps go for my 1st ever plat!
Luckily, this is one of the easiest Platinums :bouncy: I pre-ordered this just so I could double dip on the Japanese trophies and the English trophies, which have two separate trophy lists. There's literally nothing hard/difficult about this Plat, just that waiting for the friendship levels to rise in mind numbingly boring by rubbing their head or giving them gifts. I really didn't find the Diva rooms fun at all, haha.

I'm so glad this list is not intense though and that Sega didn't expect us to be crazy like the previous games. I've had both the previous Dreamy Theaters and I have no chance of ever getting 100% on them. I'm at 19% on the first one, and a 0% on the second one. I regret putting them in my profile...wish I could delete them =P

GS txt me that I can pick it at midnight but I think I am going to wait till tomorrow and drop by on my way to work.

Wish there are more PDF talk and that more people give it a try. Miku is irresistible!

I played the demo on ps3 and the graphics seem similiar to the Vita version (will eventually get it, though, for the additional songs). If ps4 ever received a perfect port of Project Diva Arcade Future Tone (to be released 2014), I would definitely buy it because the graphics shown on the previews look incredible.

Has anyone received a text or notification from GS that their Killer is Dead is ready for pickup?  It's in stock on Gamestop.com, but store stock is showing nothing for 100 miles.  I'm assuming today was the ship date and not release?

Luckily, this is one of the easiest Platinums :bouncy: I pre-ordered this just so I could double dip on the Japanese trophies and the English trophies, which have two separate trophy lists. There's literally nothing hard/difficult about this Plat, just that waiting for the friendship levels to rise in mind numbingly boring by rubbing their head or giving them gifts. I really didn't find the Diva rooms fun at all, haha.

I'm so glad this list is not intense though and that Sega didn't expect us to be crazy like the previous games. I've had both the previous Dreamy Theaters and I have no chance of ever getting 100% on them. I'm at 19% on the first one, and a 0% on the second one. I regret putting them in my profile...wish I could delete them =P
you can now delete games on your profile.

you can now delete games on your profile.
Really? I heard that you can only hide them from the public using the Vita, which is nice, but if I can still see it, it's ultimately pretty useless. I would love Sony to implement this feature; Microsoft has for ages let people delete 0% games off lists. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I would love to delete Dreamy Theater 2nd off.

Really? I heard that you can only hide them from the public using the Vita, which is nice, but if I can still see it, it's ultimately pretty useless. I would love Sony to implement this feature; Microsoft has for ages let people delete 0% games off lists. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I would love to delete Dreamy Theater 2nd off.
You can just hide, but my friend was saying they won't appear on trophy sites either. Mine still appear, though I didn't really mess with it.

Has anyone received a text or notification from GS that their Killer is Dead is ready for pickup? It's in stock on Gamestop.com, but store stock is showing nothing for 100 miles. I'm assuming today was the ship date and not release?
Was not in store for the midnight release like Hatsune & FF 14 were.

Picked up my PDF. Time to pull out my mini controller!

IMAG0533.jpg

Was looking into getting SMT: Strange Journey (finally) and wow have those prices gone up. Though best buy has used copies for 17.99 that they will ship to store... can I return it if it doesn't have a case?

Was looking into getting SMT: Strange Journey (finally) and wow have those prices gone up. Though best buy has used copies for 17.99 that they will ship to store... can I return it if it doesn't have a case?
Online orders take 1 day to appear in the system. So after you pick it up, you have to wait a full 24 hours to return it. But yes you can, right in store.

Wow, the thread hit top 15 on front page of CAG!

So that hide 0% trophy thing, that's only if you have a VITA? Honestly having 0% doesn't bug me, it's just my list is so long it takes forever to scroll/compare through.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is back in stock for pre-order at Gamestop, which comes with the 2 Snow Miku 2013 costumes and a custom unique PS3 theme with 10 backgrounds. I'm not exactly sure what time zone they run on, but the pre-order period will end soon with the release tomorrow. If you were going to get the game anyways, might as well get the bonuses!

Super excited for the game, I've already had the PS Vita version but I've never played the 6 new songs they included in the PS3 version and those are some of my favorite songs.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f/109941
Picked up today. My pre-order was the only copy in the store. I was afraid I'd get lynched by the Maddenites, so I made sure no one saw the word "diva" on the cover. The employees didn't even know what the hell it was.

My Killer is Dead came in today from Amazon. Came in a box (with NSLU and a CD I had on preorder) but it still dented in the one corner. Kinda annoyed but then again if I really wanted the game in perfect condition I would of went with gamestop.

Have not opened it yet. I also have not open my T&E LE or ToX LE. Not that I wanna keep them to sell them, I will eventually get to them. It's more of a I tend to keep games sealed that I don't have to play or use ASAP.

Wow, the thread hit top 15 on front page of CAG!

So that hide 0% trophy thing, that's only if you have a VITA? Honestly having 0% doesn't bug me, it's just my list is so long it takes forever to scroll/compare through.
There's a front page? Lol

Just kidding.

I never look at it anymore.

I got my copy of Project Diva F and asked if they had Killer is Dead...all they had was a display copy....major pass!!! I will likely pick up the game at a later date though.

Picked up my copy PDF. I bet I was the only person picking up PDF while everyone else there was for something else.  Went the next day. I wonder if anyone picked up PDF at midnight?

I also went and picked up Project Diva F at midnight from a local shop, it was pretty amusing.

First, at the door the associate outside said "Picking up Madden, man?"
"Nah, I'm picking up a different game that releases tomorrow/midnight"
"Okay, cool"
Other person in line: "What else comes out today, yo?"
Associate: "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn"

Then I walk inside and the other associate who has seen me in the store a few times goes
"Hey, picking up Final Fantasy?"
Me: "Project Diva F! Actually :D"
Associate: "That comes out tonight?! -starts padding pockets- Keys, keys, keys -starts searching to find the game-"

They had all the games piled up on the counter. There was probably a stack of 50-70 Madden games, 20-30 FFXIV:ARR, and 1 Project Diva F.
When I picked it up they informed me that my store only received two pre-orders, so they only had two copies.

Hopefully it being sold out on Gamestop.com is a good sign. Maybe Vocaloid is just especially unpopular at this store. Moar Miku in the west!

did you get funny looks?
Yes I did from the Gamestop guy when I asked what else was being released earlier that morning. I had a feeling it was a Madden game since if it was a Call of Duty game the line would have been out the door. It was like a normal weekday morning at my local Gamestopl.

I also went and picked up Project Diva F at midnight from a local shop, it was pretty amusing.

First, at the door the associate outside said "Picking up Madden, man?"
"Nah, I'm picking up a different game that releases tomorrow/midnight"
"Okay, cool"
Other person in line: "What else comes out today, yo?"
Associate: "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn"

Then I walk inside and the other associate who has seen me in the store a few times goes
"Hey, picking up Final Fantasy?"
Me: "Project Diva F! Actually :D"
Associate: "That comes out tonight?! -starts padding pockets- Keys, keys, keys -starts searching to find the game-"

They had all the games piled up on the counter. There was probably a stack of 50-70 Madden games, 20-30 FFXIV:ARR, and 1 Project Diva F.
When I picked it up they informed me that my store only received two pre-orders, so they only had two copies.

Hopefully it being sold out on Gamestop.com is a good sign. Maybe Vocaloid is just especially unpopular at this store. Moar Miku in the west!
That's awesome. I got the message from Gamestop saying Project Diva F was being released at midnight, but figured I'll just pick it up later in the morning.

Not really that awesome, my store only had two copies, my pre-order and one extra for the shelf.
That's online, not individual store allotment/preorders. I am sure the retailers is glad, whatever # they received initially to have it completely sold out. Maybe they will be more aggressive when it come to PDF2nd or whatnot.

Bit Trip Complete by Aksys is on sale for $8.80 at Amazon. Only 6 left after I grabbed mine. For those that are unaware, it includes all 6 of the WiiWare titles plus 20 extra levels for each title (total of 120 extra total). It has other extra's like a soundtrack included. Worth a pick up for any Bit Trip fan or anyone who missed out on the series can pick all of them up on a single disc.

http://www.amazon.com/Bit-Trip-Complete-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0058CA4S8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377712022&sr=8-1&keywords=bit+trip

Not sure of the copies at a Gamestop closest to me, but there was one extra copy when I picked it up later in the afternoon compared to about 16 or 17 Madden copies sitting there. Glad to support the niche games...and Sega....bring us more goodness, cause you aren't doing a great job otherwise!

so as a newb to this genre, where can I look for deals?  I'm trying to pick up a copy of dodonpachi resurrection for the 360 and the only place that has it is amazon.  Would love to be able to compare prices - where else do you guys look?

so as a newb to this genre, where can I look for deals? I'm trying to pick up a copy of dodonpachi resurrection for the 360 and the only place that has it is amazon. Would love to be able to compare prices - where else do you guys look?
Depending on the game... MSRP can sometimes be considered "The deal". Beyond that, most deals are far and few between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back