Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre-ordered Project Diva F in store at gamestop today...guess just pre-orders stopped online. Want the DLC so will brave gamestop to get it free. Also it's snow Miku.....have the nendo on it's way hope to get it soon.
Is your tracking information working? I got charged on the 29th, it shipped on the "8th", I apparently got the wrong tracking number, but both of them simply say "Shipment ready". Starting to get pretty pissed, since I paid 2,000 yen on shipping.

Is your tracking information working? I got charged on the 29th, it shipped on the "8th", I apparently got the wrong tracking number, but both of them simply say "Shipment ready". Starting to get pretty pissed, since I paid 2,000 yen on shipping.
No don't think mine is working either. Mine got shipped on the 8th too. I know they had Obon in Japan but if it got shipped on the 8th shouldn't be affected. Very slow EMS shipping nonetheless (Ordered from GSC shop which I assume is where you got it as well...think places like BIJ already made it to some destinations.

No don't think mine is working either. Mine got shipped on the 8th too. I know they had Obon in Japan but if it got shipped on the 8th shouldn't be affected. Very slow EMS shipping nonetheless (Ordered from GSC shop which I assume is where you got it as well...think places like BIJ already made it to some destinations.
Mine is apparently coming from Singapore, which strikes me as odd, but I like to think GSC can be trusted over say Play-Asia. Anyway, glad to know I am not the only one, but hopefully this gets sorted before I get angry. 2 delays, 1 wrong tracking number and no apparent progress in a week with a $20 dollar charge on shipping is absurd.

I think I paid 18 from AmiAmi and got my second Vita in 3 days...

I know GSC sometimes ships from Singapore...I got the 1/8 Cheerful Miku and that's where it came from....took about 2 weeks too. I'm usually used to EMS in about 1 week unless the shipping gets stuck somewhere.

Since I don't see it anywhere in the forums, Etrian Odyssey Untold is $33.30 or so ($37 plus 10% off) on Newegg. It has free shipping.

Coupon code is right in the game description as well - 10BTSCATA7.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878116059

I just hope that this isn't the last EO. :( At least the Elminage news is nice!
Thank you so much....yeah I'm pretty much getting any and every Atlus game as it could be the last of the series or such. Thanks for this that price is great for this game and Newegg should get the bonuses hopefully since it's a first run copy thing...

Only concern is Etrian Odyssey Untold got a slip cover, so it will easily get damage from amazon or neweeg as they will use a padded envelope.

I was reading up on Sweet Fuse and it seems like a game targeted at teenage girls. Can anyone outside of that demographic enjoy the game? Looks interesting.

I was reading up on Sweet Fuse and it seems like a game targeted at teenage girls. Can anyone outside of that demographic enjoy the game? Looks interesting.
was checking amazon the people interested in the game called it a otome game

An otome game (乙女ゲーム otome gēmu?, lit. "maiden game") is a video game that is targeted towards a female market, where one of the main goals, besides the plot goal, is to develop a romantic relationship between the female player character and one of several male, or occasionally female characters. This genre is most established in Japan, and is generally made up of visual novels and simulation games (particularly dating sims). As of 2012, the most representative otome game title available in English is Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom for the PSP.[1] This genre is also referred to as G×B games by western fans (girl player pursuing boy characters).

so if your into that, the game will be for you. it sounded interesting too me but i got lot other games am playing right now so ill try it if it i ever see it on sell for decent price.

Otome games are definitely not limited just to girls. The only question is whether or not the game is actually good.

Not crazy excited about Aquapazza....i'm already pretty much getting every other game Atlus is bringing out so I don't feel bad passing on one game. Now a future P4 Arena update....I can dig that at a cheap price.

Not crazy excited about Aquapazza....i'm already pretty much getting every other game Atlus is bringing out so I don't feel bad passing on one game. Now a future P4 Arena update....I can dig that at a cheap price.
Why bother comparing games brought out by one publisher? I appreciate that Atlus is the company bringing it here, but it's Aquaplus that draws me to the game to begin with, and I look forward to kicking some ass with Aruru. Especially if it's only $30.

I certainly don't care who publishes a game unless they're a company known to do a bad job (like 4kids and anime for example).

With the strange position the company is in at the moment I try to help as much as I can by being a consumer of Atlus' games, not to mention being an Atlus fanboy. I would maybe be over the game a lot, esp since it's cheap, just novemember is a horrible time as the PS4 is coming then. Good price though for sure will make it an easier buy later on.

For those of you who have played Code of Princess - Was it worth buying? There is a local GS that has a CE in stock but I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger. 

Impressions? :eek:

For those of you who have played Code of Princess - Was it worth buying? There is a local GS that has a CE in stock but I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger.

Yes. It's like the spiritual successor to Guardian Heroes. If you like beat-em-up games, it's worth picking up.

It's alright. Some frame rate problems, and the characters move pretty slow, but other than that, it's ok.

Not my favorite game in the world, but definitely fun.

While not really a deal, SMT: Strange Journey just got a reprint and is available through VGP or Amazon. It's worth looking into if you're just jumping onto the SMT bandwagon after 4 came out. Beats the $60-70 it was going for used a couple weeks ago when I was looking to pick it up.

Edit: $28.xx at VGP with $6 or so shipping, $34-36 at Amazon.

It reached $60? I got a copy before SMT IV was released but it didn't work so I wanted to get another one, but the prices are too high right now.

Yeah. I was looking to pick it up pretty much right after I started playing SMT4  and the prices on Amazon went as high as $70 new, $50 something used. Ebay wasn't so bad, think most were $30-40 used, but buying a used original DS game for that much is hard to swallow. 

I bought mine like three or four months before SMT IV and I was busy at the time, so I just kept it in a drawer. I didn't even notice that it didn't work before it was too late. I think it was around $20 on Amazon at the time.

I was surprised to see that the prices were still high, so I didn't get another one. They hopefully will drop to something reasonable this time.

I'm kind of in that boat for Radiant Historia. I've been keeping track of it ever since it got reprinted, but it has firmly held its price at $30. If I hadn't nearly bought it when it dropped to $10 forever ago, it wouldn't be so hard to pay that much for it.

Wow had no idea Strange Journey got that expensive. I remember like a year+ ago someone posted on here that GS had em for 10$ new and I got one (Complete with soundtrack), hadn't touched it yet

lookin at ps3 game preorders on amazon and came across one i knew you guys could give me the details on

the witch and the hundred knights

It plays like Guardian Heroes, so that part is fun. There's lots of characters to unlock and stages to do. The biggest problem I have is sometimes the camera zooms out to show all the enemies, and on the 3DS screen, everything becomes too small to tell what's going on.

I'll have to keep an eye on Strange Journey. One of the only portable SMT games i'm missing. I almost got it for 10 also at Gamestop, but the inventory was incorrect and the only copy left was in another city. I love SMT games though...even the old school ones are fun to play though I have to say later games have better battle systems. 

So since the PS Vita is getting a price drop to $200, is it even worth it, and are there good Japanese games coming out for it. Reason I ask is in the future I got some owed money coming in and seeing the price drop made me consider it (I would wait until Black Friday or some deal on it of course).

I haven't been following the news/games of the PS Vita so I was wondering if it was worth the $200 or should I just wait or skip it altogether. Mostly the games I would use it, is for JRPG/Japanese Action games that are PS Vita exclusives. Really I don't have any other uses for it because most of my gaming is on console/pc.

Thanks

So since the PS Vita is getting a price drop to $200, is it even worth it, and are there good Japanese games coming out for it. Reason I ask is in the future I got some owed money coming in and seeing the price drop made me consider it (I would wait until Black Friday or some deal on it of course).

I haven't been following the news/games of the PS Vita so I was wondering if it was worth the $200 or should I just wait or skip it altogether. Mostly the games I would use it, is for JRPG/Japanese Action games that are PS Vita exclusives. Really I don't have any other uses for it because most of my gaming is on console/pc.

Thanks
I would say so. Plus, the Japanese game PSN sale is on until Tuesday. I would check out the PSN deals thread for more information about that one. I bought New Little King's Story from the sale and I'm enjoying it.

The only problem is that most of the releases mainly have to be downloaded from PSN since they don't seem to release many on carts and the memory card pricing has been an ongoing issue. Unless you buy a bundle that includes a memory card, you've got to factor one into the price of the system since there's no internal storage.

But I'm happy with it. If you like fighting games, download Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom (which is $10 until Tuesday on PSN) and you'll swear it's PS3 visual quality. That's the game that sold me on Vita.

Ys Celceta gets a limited edition. http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/26/xseed-to-release-ys-memories-of-celceta-limited-edition-with-cloth-map-and-more/ Day 1 for me. Especially with 3 CDs coming with it. The Ys series has amazing music.
Had it slightly cheaper from Newegg but with these nice bonuses this will be the version I get. Vita is becoming quite a niche machine...which is good....glad I got into it later in the game.....doubt I would have messed around much with the Vita earlier in it's life.

Hey fellow JRPG fans.

Sorry, I know this isn't really the place to ask questions, but I figured you guys could help. I have the "Jessica" figure in box from the limited edition of Mana Khemia when it was released over here. It is just sitting on my shelf gathering dust. Where would be the best place to sell it? Ebay? Is it even worth anything?

Hey fellow JRPG fans.

Sorry, I know this isn't really the place to ask questions, but I figured you guys could help. I have the "Jessica" figure in box from the limited edition of Mana Khemia when it was released over here. It is just sitting on my shelf gathering dust. Where would be the best place to sell it? Ebay? Is it even worth anything?
Put it in the cag trading forum.

I'm interested, not sure how to price it though.

Just got an email from NISA. The Disgaea D2 guide is going to come with free Raspberyl DLC. No word on whether or not it's exclusive to the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back