Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BKWQA2Y/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon has been out of the Limited Edition for a few days now. No clue what that means though.

Gamestop.com only mentions the art book as the pre-order bonus. Did it include the art book before in the description?

I guess you could pre-order it at GS B&M and go there on release day and just get one of the first copies they have w/ the art book...
Doesn't really mean much... Amazon was one of the first to sell out of the Xillia CE and now they're one of the few who still have it. I think they're just playing it safe with their pre-orders.

Doesn't really mean much... Amazon was one of the first to sell out of the Xillia CE and now they're one of the few who still have it. I think they're just playing it safe with their pre-orders. 
yeah, amazon always have large shipments/stock compare to other companies.

Oh didn't event think to check BB, thanks. Yeah Im sure amazon will get more in eventually wether it be before or after release

Oh didn't event think to check BB, thanks. Yeah Im sure amazon will get more in eventually wether it be before or after release
bestbuy is basically another option for those who want to get it day one, since they are taking preorders for in store pickup. i preordered a month ago, with $5 deposit at bestbuy in store.

I'm really surprised Amazon stopped preorders for KH HD.  Anyone know if gs stores stopped?  I would think there'll be a lot of these available, though I think there were regular Hitman Collection copies on shelves near release meaning two shipments for release (one the LE version). 

Again that's Hitman and this is KH, and I have no idea of SquareEnix's history in regards to LE/first prints this gen.

I'm really surprised Amazon stopped preorders for KH HD.  Anyone know if gs stores stopped?  I would think there'll be a lot of these available, though I think there were regular Hitman Collection copies on shelves near release meaning two shipments for release (one the LE version). 

Again that's Hitman and this is KH, and I have no idea of SquareEnix's history in regards to LE/first prints this gen.
i just posted bestbuy as a viable option one post up ^, LOL

Wonder if the street date might be getting broken lol? Otherwise, I'm surprised too. I ended up cancelling my Amazon one in favor of Gamestop (No prime, and I didnt feel like paying 8$ shipping for something I can get at midnight or on the way to class)

I'm really surprised Amazon stopped preorders for KH HD. Anyone know if gs stores stopped? I would think there'll be a lot of these available, though I think there were regular Hitman Collection copies on shelves near release meaning two shipments for release (one the LE version).

I was asked if I would reserve Kingdom Hearts today, so I think they're still taking pre-orders.

How do you know if your KH is limited or not on Amazon? I preordered mine back in March 10th, but all it says on my order page is just the game. Making sure I got the Limited version, if not I would consider going to GS and putting down some cash.

I'm really surprised Amazon stopped preorders for KH HD. Anyone know if gs stores stopped? I would think there'll be a lot of these available, though I think there were regular Hitman Collection copies on shelves near release meaning two shipments for release (one the LE version).

I wouldn't go off things like that, since you're going to be driving yourself crazy. Like a lot of Targets still have Tomb Raider Steelbooks, Kingdom Hearts 3DS cards were part of a first run edition that were common for a while, you can still find CE's / preorder copies of XIII-2, Mindjack can still be found with preorder DLC at BestBuy. Then on the other hand XIV LE sold out for a while, KH artbook went out of stock on Amazon, etc. Long story short. All it takes is the right exception to bite you in the ass.

How do you know if your KH is limited or not on Amazon? I preordered mine back in March 10th, but all it says on my order page is just the game. Making sure I got the Limited version, if not I would consider going to GS and putting down some cash.

Go on the page and it will show you ordered one of the two.

I was asked if I would reserve Kingdom Hearts today, so I think they're still taking pre-orders.
That doesn't mean it will have the artbook.

Go on the page and it will show you ordered one of the two.

That doesn't mean it will have the artbook.
When I go to the page it says Limited Edition unavaiable but the Standard Edition gives me the option to preorder. So no clue, lol. I am thinking I got limited since I can preorder the standard.

i just posted bestbuy as a viable option one post up ^, LOL
I know bb still has it up without seeing your post. I was just

I wouldn't go off things like that, since you're going to be driving yourself crazy. Like a lot of Targets still have Tomb Raider Steelbooks, Kingdom Hearts 3DS cards were part of a first run edition that were common for a while, you can still find CE's / preorder copies of XIII-2, Mindjack can still be found with preorder DLC at BestBuy. Then on the other hand XIV LE sold out for a while, KH artbook went out of stock on Amazon, etc. Long story short. All it takes is the right exception to bite you in the ass.
The games you mentioned were either retail exclusives or there was another more expensive version available.

Hitman Collection is more similar to KH HD in regards to bonus and content. All retailers will get KH HD LE, the question is how many. And just like how Targets, Walmarts, and some obscure Bestbuys have first print versions etc, there will be retailers that have KH HD LE for a while...

Now this is all assuming the LE is like the Hitman one with different packaging etc and not just an artbook bonus like say Dragon's Crown. If it's just a preorder bonus and not actually a different packaging, then it's been marketed incorrectly.

Have there been any unboxes from official reviewers etc?

Any good deals currently? I'm missing quite a few current gen titles and with next gen coming need to hunt down some before they are hard to locate.

Any good deals currently? I'm missing quite a few current gen titles and with next gen coming need to hunt down some before they are hard to locate.
and what exactly are you looking for? You are essentially asking us to list every "good" deal regardless whether you are interested or already have to title...

What's the cheapest Tales of Grace f can be had? I see it at $46 on Amazon for a new copy.
ebay is likely your best bet at getting a sealed copy for less. not sure what used go for online though. gamestop's the best option there after promos

Darn, I was planning to cancel my KH 1.5, but now I can't let it go because it might be a collectable oop thingie.

Unrelated, I can't wait to see what sort of set NISA comes up with for Witch and the 100 Knights later next year. It seems to have a fun gothic ost that might be the only rpg ost cds I've ever listened to outside of P4, here's a track http://youtu.be/EFUuMsWzx5o

and what exactly are you looking for? You are essentially asking us to list every "good" deal regardless whether you are interested or already have to title...
I was actually asking if there are any good deals available currently. Not what's the best I can find X title for. I'm looking for a lot of stuff as always. Just thought I would ask what some of the best deals currently are since I didn't see many deals posted....wanted to be sure there are no deals I missed recently. Thanks though.

Just got JoJo's Bizarre Adventure all star battle in the mail today. It's really fun from what I've played so far.

Thanks guys. Right now I'm at the point where I don't know if I should get Xillia or Grace f. I just finished Ni No Kuni and am looking for another JRPG. The RPGs in my backlog right now are Resonance of Fate and Last Remnant on 360 but I don't really feel too interested in those.

Thanks guys. Right now I'm at the point where I don't know if I should get Xillia or Grace f. I just finished Ni No Kuni and am looking for another JRPG. The RPGs in my backlog right now are Resonance of Fate and Last Remnant on 360 but I don't really feel too interested in those.
graces had a great battle system but xillia is the better game IMO.Xillia has better characters and a better world. I just recently played these back to back so im fresh off both games but i liked xillia more.

Debating on JoJo, the gameplay looks awesome. And for 75ish shipped doesnt seem bad compared to other stuff I considered (Like Gundam Vs for 120....)

Darn, I was planning to cancel my KH 1.5, but now I can't let it go because it might be a collectable oop thingie.

Unrelated, I can't wait to see what sort of set NISA comes up with for Witch and the 100 Knights later next year. It seems to have a fun gothic ost that might be the only rpg ost cds I've ever listened to outside of P4, here's a track
http://youtu.be/EFUuMsWzx5o
Damn, "gothic ost" got me excited and I've already been looking forward to 100 Knight . . . but that definitely doesn't qualify as "gothic" to me. More . . . exactly the silly kind of stuff I expect from NIS.

My definition of VGM "gothic":

Ended up getting a "Very Good" copy of Xillia off of Amazon Warehouse Deals for $41.57. Not too shabby. I will most likely end up getting Tales of Grace f later on as well to hold me off until Lightning Returns releases :') Thanks guys!

Debating on JoJo, the gameplay looks awesome. And for 75ish shipped doesnt seem bad compared to other stuff I considered (Like Gundam Vs for 120....)
Got a perfect score and I believe comes with preorder DLC. Also Iggy was announced. You know you want to kick some ass as Iggy. D:

Given the general quality of this thread's commenters, I'm sure someone will disagree with me, but that game was terrible. Avoid, even if you're an S-RPG fan.
i love strategy games played everyone i could for a while even this one but sadly don't,remember if i liked it or not hmmm

reviews for it are not bad around 75%

If anybody likes rhythm games, pick up Project Diva. I got it as part of GS b2g1 and I'm already hooked. I really hope they localize the vita version as well.

i love strategy games played everyone i could for a while even this one but sadly don't,remember if i liked it or not hmmm

reviews for it are not bad around 75%
You have to be more stuck up like someone else in this thread to know that 75% might as well just be a 0%.

Did I mention you have to be lacking brain cells to like Infininte Undiscovery? Just thought that should be re-emphasized.

Given the general quality of this thread's commenters, I'm sure someone will disagree with me, but that game was terrible. Avoid, even if you're an S-RPG fan.
Same here. I remember playing it when it came out and thought it was awful.

Once Disgaea came out, there weren't too many SRPG's that came close to it imo.

Same here. I remember playing it when it came out and thought it was awful.

Once Disgaea came out, there weren't too many SRPG's that came close to it imo.
that could be why i forgot about it, only remember the good stuff! Disgaea i love them all Thu #3 did not like the theme as much. also loved the story in makai kingdom an soul nomad wish they got sequels.

Seconded.

I will say it has some excellent sprite work, but it's just not a very good game.
While the sprites WERE larger and more detailed than most other SRPGs at the time, they had a washed out, pixelated look, IIRC. I actually liked the characters and the animations during battles but what turned me off was the overkill system. It was really difficult for me to pull off and it was required if you wanted to get all of the secret characters. As a completionist gamer, this aggravated me to no end and I just gave up on it. And I remember the voice overs were absolutely awful.

With Stella Deus releasing today, hopefully that means we can see some more Atlus games. Like the missing SMT stuff(though P4 not likely as the Vita version is still somewhat new), Eternal Poison, Skygunners, Steambot Chronicles.

With Stella Deus releasing today, hopefully that means we can see some more Atlus games. Like the missing SMT stuff(though P4 not likely as the Vita version is still somewhat new), Eternal Poison, Skygunners, Steambot Chronicles.
Huh? are they doing a re-release of it or do you mean its coming out on the PSN store? Stella Deus had a great art style to it

Would it be easier/cheaper to just import JJBA physically? Or try to get a HK or JP PSN card to buy it from their store?

I saw something about prices already being slashed in a few places, if thats the case I might wait a week or two on it and see what happens.

covers up to jojo part 7 SBR but gives an taste of part 8
hmm I always intended to get some Japanese only games. might consider this.

do these type of games - Japan only of big anime/manga series etc - become hard to find or more expensive over time? there's several big import stores here with lots of older games as well so not sure if I should bother to pick up now.

just checked websites, and some of the stores say they have jjba in stock (edit it seems to be Asian ver not JP)

Would it be easier/cheaper to just import JJBA physically? Or try to get a HK or JP PSN card to buy it from their store?

I saw something about prices already being slashed in a few places, if thats the case I might wait a week or two on it and see what happens.
I spent about 78 doing fastest shiping on amiami ( slower was 74 )
most sites start with 72sh from what I have seen and then add on shipping so I'd say go with amiami if you want it now.
playasia is 72 (asian ver) 76 for japanese ver but its free shipping will take a couple of weeks

I'm not sure the best place for the HK or JP cards but I'd say go HK since it is 448 HK and JP is 7,980 yen for digital ver.
Hong kong http://blog.asia.playstation.com/community/hk/en/playstation_network/playstation_store/blog/2013/08/27/whats-on-psn-this-week--20th-august

JP https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/ja-jp/cid=JP0700-NPJB00331_00-DLG00000000ASB01?EMCID=jGM0002379-00008

hmm I always intended to get some Japanese only games. might consider this.

do these type of games - Japan only of big anime/manga series etc - become hard to find or more expensive over time? there's several big import stores here with lots of older games as well so not sure if I should bother to pick up now.

just checked websites, and some of the stores say they have jjba in stock (edit it seems to be Asian ver not JP)
the Asian ver is the same as the Japanese ver for the most part. the only difference being you have to buy an different type of online card for dlc.

I haven't imported much but depends stuff like tales of xilla 2, EX troopers, and sengoku basara utage are pretty low now at about 40-50. But I remember anarchy regins staying 80+ for a very long time.

Oh damn, I forgot about Skygunners! That was one of my first PS2 games and it was hella fun. Although I do remember there was some occasional lag...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back