Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent about 78 doing fastest shiping on amiami ( slower was 74 )
most sites start with 72sh from what I have seen and then add on shipping so I'd say go with amiami if you want it now.
playasia is 72 (asian ver) 76 for japanese ver but its free shipping will take a couple of weeks

the Asian ver is the same as the Japanese ver for the most part. the only difference being you have to buy an different type of online card for dlc.

I haven't imported much but depends stuff like tales of xilla 2, EX troopers, and sengoku basara utage are pretty low now at about 40-50. But I remember anarchy regins staying 80+ for a very long time.
Amiami lists yen as prices so did you get the conversion rate when you ordered or when shipped? They also have a nice looking special edition, but that's more than double the price!

I wonder why PA has USD as their standard currency.

Anyway I would go with JPN version over Asian mainly due for collecting purposes and dlc options (would think JPN gets most).

Oh and for those wondering, Videogames NY charges $84.99 for the Asian ver. $4.60 for cheapest shipping (and I'm in NY). I wonder what other B&M import places charge.

Amiami lists yen as prices so did you get the conversion rate when you ordered or when shipped? They also have a nice looking special edition, but that's more than double the price!

I wonder why PA has USD as their standard currency.

Anyway I would go with JPN version over Asian mainly due for collecting purposes and dlc options (would think JPN gets most).

Oh and for those wondering, Videogames NY charges $84.99 for the Asian ver. $4.60 for cheapest shipping (and I'm in NY). I wonder what other B&M import places charge.
sorry for late reply,
I preordered it so I just used google to get the price in USD ( they will not give you the price of shipment then but after during the authorize process this also applies to orders in stock ). They will also list how much each shipment is during the payment process and let you pick which shipment you want. so pretty much order then they sent an email saying you need to pay.
http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html if you wanted to know how much it would cost to ship they have an chart with weights as well
http://gyazo.com/acf4eac7fa924b1f27351b455d9246e9 here my order is ready email with the shipment price

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/05/pannacotta-fugo-will-be-free-dlc-for-jojos-bizarre-adventure-all-star-battle/ YAY! free dlc :D

hmm I always intended to get some Japanese only games. might consider this.

do these type of games - Japan only of big anime/manga series etc - become hard to find or more expensive over time? there's several big import stores here with lots of older games as well so not sure if I should bother to pick up now.

just checked websites, and some of the stores say they have jjba in stock (edit it seems to be Asian ver not JP)
It typically doesn't matter, since these games are usually priced high enough as is. Usually listing the JP version will get you better resale, though it depends 100% on the game. Sometimes the Asian version features English (like Ragnarok Odyssey), which means a LOT more to people than the box art.

@ the Anarchy Reigns comment

That was the games MSRP and the delay / fact it had English helped the Asian versions sell better.

hmm I always intended to get some Japanese only games. might consider this.

do these type of games - Japan only of big anime/manga series etc - become hard to find or more expensive over time? there's several big import stores here with lots of older games as well so not sure if I should bother to pick up now.

just checked websites, and some of the stores say they have jjba in stock (edit it seems to be Asian ver not JP)
Just a heads up, the game is bombing hard in Japan right now due to a bad DLC model, bugs, infinites, and shoddy quality. Has a 2 star average rating on Amazon JP and already got a 46% price cut, so if you are really interested in getting it, it's good idea to wait a while for import shops to drop their prices as well or just use a forwarding service and buy it for cheap directly from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A7%E3%82%B8%E3%83%A7%E3%81%AE%E5%A5%87%E5%A6%99%E3%81%AA%E5%86%92%E9%99%BA-%E3%82%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%90%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB-%E9%80%9A%E5%B8%B8%E7%89%88-%E5%88%9D%E5%9B%9E%E5%B0%81%E5%85%A5%E7%89%B9%E5%85%B8-%E3%83%97%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%82%A2%E3%83%96%E3%83%AB%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%83%A9%E3%81%A8%E3%81%97%E3%81%A6%E3%80%8C%E5%90%89%E8%89%AF%E5%90%89%E5%BD%B1%E3%80%8D%E3%81%8C%E4%BD%BF%E7%94%A8%E5%8F%AF%E8%83%BD%E3%81%AB%E3%81%AA%E3%82%8BDL%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%81%8C%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%9F%E3%80%8C%E5%B7%9D%E5%B0%BB%E6%97%A9%E4%BA%BA%E3%83%A1%E3%83%A2%E3%80%8D/dp/B00BHAF688/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

About fucking time...

I keep trying to get into TiTs but the Intro is just so slow
I thought the game was a bit dense/slow in some parts but it's a really good JRPG.

is that the new JoJo? Because the one that just came out has already sold over 400k
Yes, it's the new one. 400k in the first week, but sales are going to have a very short tail. Huge lash back from fans, price drops everywhere, and stores are already only offering around $10-15 buyback price for a $80 msrp retail game. Point is it wasn't very good and if you want it you can definitely get it cheaper down the line.

Not trying to rain on everyone's parade here, but...

This thread seems to be more of a discussion thread than a news thread, which goes against its purpose.

I love niche JRPG games and used to come here for news and sales updates, but now it's dozens of pages of acronyms and not much news... none of which is helpful for new users or casual browsers who come to this forum section for news only.

It seems to be pretty cliquey... I know it's easier to type acronyms when discussing these games but, it just isn't helpful.  Can we cut down on the posts in here to only news updates and save the discussions and arguments for an OT thread?

Literally almost all JRPGs on the 360 are now out-of-print, so if you want to buy them in New condition like me, then you better do it before the prices get too high. Even The Last Remnant has jumped in price lately.

If all you care about is getting the game in any condition, then you will not have a problem with any title, with Magnacarta 2 being the only possible exception.
Yea, it seems its too late to find most at a reasonable price for most of the JRPG's on X360. Other than the rare auction on eBay that sells low you are left with eBay and Amazon sellers asking for a premium :(

If anyone knows of any deals on some of the OOP JRPG's sealed please post those as well as I would definitely be interested though my guess is eBay and Amazon are our only options at this point :(

I keep trying to get into TiTs but the Intro is just so slow
As someone who is only barely involved in this scene but still trolls this thread... this is hilarious when taken out of context... do you guys even realizes what Tales in the Sky abbreviates to? I know I'm acting like a 12 year old, but for srs. "I keep trying to get into tits..." don't we all?

Yea, it seems its too late to find most at a reasonable price for most of the JRPG's on X360. Other than the rare auction on eBay that sells low you are left with eBay and Amazon sellers asking for a premium :(

If anyone knows of any deals on some of the OOP JRPG's sealed please post those as well as I would definitely be interested though my guess is eBay and Amazon are our only options at this point :(
Factory Sealed Tales of Vesperia $27

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-of-Vesperia-for-Xbox-360-Brand-New-Factory-Sealed-Fast-Shipping-/111161044404?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19e1b6edb4

From a quick look over at amazon, other than lost odyssey and last remnants, rest are significantly less than MSRP.

Lost odyssey and last remnants are only $5 over MSRP, very reasonable for oop sealed copies. 

Not sure why the hell anyone would pay THAT much for Last Remnant. That had to be one of the worst JRPG's I have played this generation other than Infinite Undiscovery.

ToV received a reprint, maybe several actually.  Newegg has had sales since reprint a few times around $26-$27 and $14-$16 (put ranges as I'm not sure).

Seems like most Xbox only jrpgs can still be had at a reasonable price even for sealed copies. Heck Magna Carta 2 is $40 on amazon I swore that game used to be more expensive

ToV received a reprint, maybe several actually. Newegg has had sales since reprint a few times around $26-$27 and $14-$16 (put ranges as I'm not sure).
I grabbed ToV along with Eternal Sonata and Resonance of Fate for $15 each from NewEgg last year. Would have missed it if not for CAG.

Not sure why the hell anyone would pay THAT much for Last Remnant. That had to be one of the worst JRPG's I have played this generation other than Infinite Undiscovery.
That's interesting. The Last Remnant is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time. I absolutely fell in love with the battle system. Ah well, to each their own.

That's interesting. The Last Remnant is one of my favorite JRPGs of all time. I absolutely fell in love with the battle system. Ah well, to each their own.
I thought TLR was really bad but liked Infinite Undiscovery. I know IU is considered bad by most but so is TLR which I thought was the absolute worst. Story cliche and acting cringe worthy.

Question for the experts out there.  Does anyone know if Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle will come out in the US.

I have doubts due to the licensing of some of the char names, and may just pick up the Japanese version

Thanks for posting. I've seen Vesperia a bit cheaper. Still hoping it will go down a bit more since there seem to be plenty of copies now.

From a quick look over at amazon, other than lost odyssey and last remnants, rest are significantly less than MSRP.

Lost odyssey and last remnants are only $5 over MSRP, very reasonable for oop sealed copies.
Thanks, but I do actively monitor Amazon and I'm looking to get the best deal possible. I don't want to just pick it up off Amazon for the current price they have listed, if possible. I'm willing to be patient, which is normally what it takes to find good deals on most of these titles. Unfortunately, eBay may be my best option on a lot of the ones I'm missing. A lot of times with the older titles if you Save a search you can find an auction that starts low and will go well below what the "going rate" is at other places you can find the game. Example: I picked up Infinite Undiscovery New/Sealed for $9 shipped yesterday. Resonance of Fate has also been much lower than $20 Amazon currently has listed, but I missed out on those deals unfortunately.

Do any of the direct stores have sales ever (NIS, Aksys, Xseed, etc...)?

At GameStop, I found a copy of a game called Last Rebellion, which is a JRPG. Anybody heard of it and is it hard to find? The used copy I bought was $9.99.

Question for the experts out there. Does anyone know if Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle will come out in the US.

I have doubts due to the licensing of some of the char names, and may just pick up the Japanese version
This guy thinks it has a chance: Namco Bandai's clearly willing to release niche fighters as digital-only titles, like their upcoming Saint Seiya: Brave Warriors, so perhaps they'll do the same for All Star Battle.

Do any of the direct stores have sales ever (NIS, Aksys, Xseed, etc...)?
They do have sales to clear out stock. Items go pretty fast though.

This guy thinks it has a chance: Namco Bandai's clearly willing to release niche fighters as digital-only titles, like their upcoming Saint Seiya: Brave Warriors, so perhaps they'll do the same for All Star Battle.
Saint Seiya anime is/has been licensed in NA. I'm not sure JJBA has so I doubt the game will be released.

At GameStop, I found a copy of a game called Last Rebellion, which is a JRPG. Anybody heard of it and is it hard to find? The used copy I bought was $9.99.
I've heard it was a very bad game, but never played it myself. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the game they gave an apology for later down the line?

Both the JoJo's manga and anime have had releases here, so I wouldn't give up hope just yet.
Difference is Saint Seyia is huge in Europe and will get an English release no matter what, so NBG just release it in US with little work. That can't be said for Jojo, and thats before factoring in the copyright issue.

Seems like most Xbox only jrpgs can still be had at a reasonable price even for sealed copies. Heck Magna Carta 2 is $40 on amazon I swore that game used to be more expensive
damn it. guess i should have sold my used copy back when it was $40 used on amazon just a couple of months ago

[quote name="Gamer SDP" post="11044502" timestamp="1378657732"]
They do have sales to clear out stock. Items go pretty fast though.

Saint Seiya anime is/has been licensed in NA. I'm not sure JJBA has so I doubt the game will be released.[/quote]
I knew Namco did since I missed Graced F for 20 recently :(

I'll keep an eye on those sites frequently also.

Seems like most Xbox only jrpgs can still be had at a reasonable price even for sealed copies. Heck Magna Carta 2 is $40 on amazon I swore that game used to be more expensive[quote /]

Since there are many I want to add, I'm trying to add the ones I can when they go on sale or when I find a low price on. Based off responses it sounds like what I'm doing by monitoring Amazon and eBay is the only option. M

Magna Carta 2 does seem to be a decent price and I've been wondering if there was another print run or something?

I thought TLR was really bad but liked Infinite Undiscovery. I know IU is considered bad by most but so is TLR which I thought was the absolute worst. Story cliche and acting cringe worthy.
I did try IU but just couldn't get into it. I didn't think the story in TLR was bad at all. I found it much better than Tales of Vesperia, which has an identical premise.

Last Rebellion, Trinity Universe, Cross Edge are any of those worth playing?

Also I have a morbid Curiosity to play Time & Eternity despite how bad people say it is.

Also I have a morbid Curiosity to play Time & Eternity despite how bad people say it is.
I have no experience with the first three, but I have played Time & Eternity. It's mediocre, and combat is repetitive, but it was decent. I liked the art style a lot. It lasts a good 20-25 hours doing all the side quests (fetch & killing quests).I wouldn't pay full price, however.

I didn't like the few panty-shots, but that's par for the course with these games.

Don't expect superb quality from Last Rebellion. It was charming in its own way, and I did enjoy it up until the point it made you revisit areas where the monsters were leveled up and defeating them gave either 1 or 0 xp.

I've heard it was a very bad game, but never played it myself. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this the game they gave an apology for later down the line?
I beat it. The combat is either to easy or WAY to hard, but the game prevents you from grinding so you're left in a pickle. All and all I give it a 3/10.

Yes NIS actually apologized for this game, that's how bad it is. The game played horribly and it looked like a ps2 game.

regarding NIS Apology

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/29/nis-americas-president-on-anime-crossovers-sakura-wars-and-ps3-development/

"Once we got Last Rebellion we realized it was not the kind of title we should release in the United States because of its quality. I feel really sorry for our customers because we released that title. That’s why I told Nao (PR Manager) we have to release the announcement for Last Rebellion, but never push that title. We cannot say it’s a really great title. We felt really sorry, but we had no choice to release that.  

Difference is Saint Seyia is huge in Europe and will get an English release no matter what, so NBG just release it in US with little work. That can't be said for Jojo, and thats before factoring in the copyright issue.
Europe & Latin America

regarding NIS Apology

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/29/nis-americas-president-on-anime-crossovers-sakura-wars-and-ps3-development/

"Once we got Last Rebellion we realized it was not the kind of title we should release in the United States because of its quality. I feel really sorry for our customers because we released that title. That’s why I told Nao (PR Manager) we have to release the announcement for Last Rebellion, but never push that title. We cannot say it’s a really great title. We felt really sorry, but we had no choice to release that.
wow that makes me want to try it more just to see how bad it is. What is wrong with me XD

nothing wrong, we all want to try it ourselves... like when someone said some food taste really bad, we all go "really? let me try" 

we never learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back