Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never played any of the games in the Lufia series.  Maybe I'll pick up Rune Factory 4 one day.

Went ahead and ordered from Aksys Games website before the end of Black Friday.  I hope things get straightened out.

As Japanese games have become marginalized in recent years, I wonder if we will see more developers shutter their doors. I think Cing, the makers of Hotel Dusk and Little King's Story, shut down for similar reasons.

Aksys Games has fixed their code input issue, least that's what I have been led to believe.  Now to figure out how to cancel a Paypal order from them and reorder.

For those that don't currently follow the Amazon Lightning deals thread, Soul Hackers will be $9.99 in a little less than 3 hours from this post.
$10? Good Lord. I thought it would be $25 at best. I already have it, and it's a little old-school for the wife, and the brother is too busy crafting mines. I will get it anyway and decide what to do with it later.

I checked the upcoming deals this morning when I woke up. Where the heck did it come from? It wasn't there earlier. Thanks for the heads up!

Aksys Games has fixed their code input issue, least that's what I have been led to believe. Now to figure out how to cancel a Paypal order from them and reorder.
Yep, they have indeed added a place to input the code. Glad they got it fixed in time. :)

The 30% off doesn't apply to the shipping cost, though, so it's not quite as good as I thought. :(

I figured this would be a good place to ask...

Can you guys recommend some good PS Vita Rpgs?
A lot of the best PS Vita RPGs are actually PSP RPGs at this point. I can't recommend Legend of Heroes; Trails in the Sky enough. And there are a ton more. If you go into the shop on your Vita, sort by genre and hit RPGs, you'll get a lot of PSP RPGs. Check the metacritic ratings and read some reviews first, though, or ask here. :) There are some great ones and also some that are not so great.

That said, of course, Persona 4 Golden is amazing (and there are quite a few Persona games on PSP, as well as many other greats, like Hexyz Force, from Atlus; lots of PSP RPGs from NISA, too, like the Disgaea games, and there is a Vita Disgaea, too--oh, and I love Cladun, ZHP... the list goes on! this is a cluttered parenthesis). I also really like the Atelier games on Vita myself. Ys: Celceta is awesome, as are all the Ys games on PSP.

I think there are more Vita RPGs, maybe, but they're not coming off the top of my head. Ragnarok Odyssey and Valhalla Knights are on Vita, but neither are particularly good, at least in my opinion. Those are action RPGs, too. I guess I didn't ask what you prefer. I prefer turn-based, myself.

Hopefully others can chime in. I know I have beaten the PSP RPG drum a lot more than the Vita drum, but there just is not a whole lot for Vita yet. I sure hope that changes soon, because the Vita is awash with RPGs in Japan (though I can't necessarily testify to their quality).

Wow I sound like a Gamestop employee. Sorry. Last word of advice: Read some reviews on anything you're interested in. You might find a gem amongst the lower-rated titles, or you may find you want to steer clear of a higher-rated title.

There are some great PSP RPGs on sale on PSN right now.

Including my favorite Ys: Seven is $7.49.

And I agree with Legend of Heroes : Trails in the SKy is my favorite PSP RPG of all time.

Be warned it starts a little slow but when it kicks off, the game is amazing.

Thanks guys for letting me know about this (Soul Hackers).  Didn't know if I would get it since I was on the waiting list but managed to get one!

Other than $20 Muramasu..

Amazon also dropped Sweet fuse psp and Hakuoki memories of the shinsengumi 3DS to $20 each. LE is unchanged.

Hakuoki: warriors of the shinsengumi psp is $10

How are Namco and NIS with their CEs? I ask because I know XSeed tends to have their CEs drop after a bit (I'm waiting on Ys) not that they are the only ones. I have a Dark Souls II CE and Danganronpa CE preordered and I'm fine with it unless its likely they will drop later. I almost never watch these two companies CEs so if anyone can weigh in that would be appreciated. I think the NIS one is a website exclusive so I doubt that will drop though I've seen just the game for $35 for preorder.

Dark Souls may drop this time around as previous iterations were just preorder upgrades. This CE, you actually spend extra money on. (The $120 version.)

I don't think the Ys will drop again. They did when they first came out and I had all 3. But they jumped high, ie Ys: Seven.

Gonna be crazy to collect them again as they won't be $40 anymore.

How are Namco and NIS with their CEs? I ask because I know XSeed tends to have their CEs drop after a bit (I'm waiting on Ys) not that they are the only ones. I have a Dark Souls II CE and Danganronpa CE preordered and I'm fine with it unless its likely they will drop later. I almost never watch these two companies CEs so if anyone can weigh in that would be appreciated. I think the NIS one is a website exclusive so I doubt that will drop though I've seen just the game for $35 for preorder.
NIS generally tends to have a limited supply of CEs and once they are gone, they are gone. As of late, they only sell them on their own website (and come with a thermometer indicating how many are left). The only one I've seen that didn't sell through was Mugen Souls, which I believe you can still buy.

As for Namco, its a bit easier to get some of their CEs (except for Ni No Kuni). I think the Xillia CE can be had right now for a reasonable price.

and vesperias ce^

I didn't even know it existed when I preordered vesperia :( though I hear the tin and such suck for actually playing the game...

They really only just started doing the whole ce thing outside japan and they print 10k or more each for them. Their 100$ price tags usually shy some people away. xillias is easier to get because the day one limited editions came with everything but the statue. I imagine symphonias wont sell that well considering the regular game is 40 bucks while the ce is 100.  Still while you have better odds of finding one without paying in advance and some drop under msrp you still have to babysit and do a bit of work to get it for that low.

I can't think of a NISA exclusive one that has dropped in price. They typically either sell out or last at MSRP forever.

I can't think of a NISA exclusive one that has dropped in price. They typically either sell out or last at MSRP forever.
Disgaea 4 would like to say Hi. They had to discount that to sell out. I saw both limited editions go for $60 and $30 before selling out

I know it was discussed recently, but is there anywhere that still offers the Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition? Amazon and Gamestop both have it for $29.99 and was curious if anyone knows what the chances are that they still have the Limited edition available? Based on the product details on Amazon it shows the package is  7.5 x 5.4 x 1.1 inches, which is the size of the Limited Edition, but it's just as likely that the product page wasn't updated once they ran out. Any one here bought one recently from Amazon and know if it's the Limited Editions till?

I know it was discussed recently, but is there anywhere that still offers the Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition? Amazon and Gamestop both have it for $29.99 and was curious if anyone knows what the chances are that they still have the Limited edition available? Based on the product details on Amazon it shows the package is 7.5 x 5.4 x 1.1 inches, which is the size of the Limited Edition, but it's just as likely that the product page wasn't updated once they ran out. Any one here bought one recently from Amazon and know if it's the Limited Editions till?
I've got one coming from Frys.com. I can let you know what edition that ends up being. I am expecting it to be just the game, but you never know!

Decisions...Decisions....went over budget already for Black Friday Week...but maybe I can do one more... Sweet Fuse or Killer is Dead (which I think is the LE)....

Decisions...Decisions....went over budget already for Black Friday Week...but maybe I can do one more... Sweet Fuse or Killer is Dead (which I think is the LE)....
Both are really worthy of support. Sweet Fuse is really quality, though, in my opinion, as far as visual novels go.

Disgaea 4 would like to say Hi. They had to discount that to sell out. I saw both limited editions go for $60 and $30 before selling out
Key word was "I" as in, I personally can't recall a time, not, they've never done it. It was meant to show it was pretty rare / borderline never happens.

And now I can say that Mugen Souls is the only one I've seen go on sale.

mugen souls?
Isn't the MSRP $100, which it is still at?

The NISA sale is probably gonna be up soon, the website isn't showing anything right now, so they're probably getting it ready. 

Don't know how niche it is, but Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for Nintendo DS is a lightning deal at Amazon.com in about 28 minutes.

I think that was the last Castlevania game I truly enjoyed.

It's looks like most of what is on sale are 200 dollar giclees.  Still too much for what amounts to a poster for me.

I could get Bleach for 15, but I've heard it's a very poor game.

I know it was discussed recently, but is there anywhere that still offers the Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition? Amazon and Gamestop both have it for $29.99 and was curious if anyone knows what the chances are that they still have the Limited edition available? Based on the product details on Amazon it shows the package is 7.5 x 5.4 x 1.1 inches, which is the size of the Limited Edition, but it's just as likely that the product page wasn't updated once they ran out. Any one here bought one recently from Amazon and know if it's the Limited Editions till?
The last time I was in Best Buy (in Puerto Rico, so it's more YMMV than normal), they had 2 on the shelf and the website still shows the limited edition picture and has the limited edition description, so maybe that is what they are shipping?

Vita D3 is still pretty high. Only $5 less than what it was at. Prob cheaper to get that from Amazon or somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back