Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The "Spira's Summoner" one from Amazon is better. The one on PSN is "Sphere Hunter" which is overshadowed by Cloud's garb.

I received my replacement Dangonronpa LE box today and it was packed MUCH better. In an actual box this time with plenty of bubble wrap.

The Sphere Hunter from the PSN store isn't bad, but like the Clouds garb, it gets replaced by something further along in the game while the Yuna one doesn't. 

The Sphere Hunter garbs abilities gets overshadowed by Equilibrium+ which is a Garb with pretty much the same ability as Sphere Hunter but better stats in the garb overall.

The Cloud garb gets overshadowed by the Soldier of Piece garb, which, with the same skill as the Cloud garb, would overpower the Cloud on most of the time.

Yuna Spira Summoner Garb....There just isn't another garb that has a ability that overpowers it.

Same goes for the Aerith DLC which is why it maintains such a high value. 

The Gamestop DLCS, the guide DLC, those are just not worth using in general. 

Platinum'd my game and got rid of it :X

Just a FYI for people: Target stores will be selling a few copies of Tales of Symphonia Chronicles.  My store got in two copies and I think it goes on sale next week.

Sort of interesting you can actually order FFX/X-2 CE through the gallerynucleus website since they are hosting a FFX art shot next month. 25 available and they ship the game UPS and offer international shipping as well . Might be worth it if you really want to avoid DR. 

Sort of interesting you can actually order FFX/X-2 LE through the gallerynucleus website since they are hosting a FFX art shot next month. 25 available and they ship the game UPS and offer international shipping as well . Might be worth it if you really want to avoid DR.
If non-international shipping, you could just order it from Amazon or Newegg and they will upgrade it to the LE one and *usually* has it shipped to you on the same day as release date.

It's been a while since I ordered from Play Asia. I ordered when the Destructoid promo was going on around Feb 7th and it got here today (so about 2 weeks) Not bad for $1 (I requested a box) international shipping!

Is there any way to check order status at Square-Enix? I ordered 2 Drakengard CE's, but my credit card company may have flagged the purchase and now it seems to be out of stock.

Is anyone still looking for Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory and/or Hatsune Miku Project Diva F?

They seem to be back in stock on Amazon. It's possible they've been like that for a while, it's been some time since I checked.

Project Diva F

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

EDIT: Just noticed Neptunia isn't shipped and sold by amazon. Woops. But there are still some new copies with Prime available from other sellers.

It's also available used on Gamefly for $32.99

seems pointless to save 5 bucks. if it was more then yeah but you might as well buy new than used. there's being cheap and then there's just being silly.
You can make the same argument that it is pointless to pay $5 more if you are going to open it and play. Gamefly's used games are usually in great condition.

You can make the same argument that it is pointless to pay $5 more if you are going to open it and play. Gamefly's used games are usually in great condition.
Do the publishers and developers get any of that money? For $5 I'd rather the people that made the game get my money. I almost never buy from Gamefly anymore since I can almost always get it new for the same price or less than what I can get it for from them.

atelier ayesha is new for 25 as well.
I'd probably jump on this, but I stumbled across a used/mint Atelier Mururu at GS today that even included the artbook, so I bit. Hopefully this one will stick around at this price for a while.

EDIT: Biggest problem w/ Gamefly IMO is the chipped disks. Nearly every one I get these days arrives chipped, so I've been slacking off on buying them. Anyway, 9 times out of 10 if they drop something to a really good price in a sale, it's just a little while longer before someone else has it at that same price.

I feel bad that I actually want to get the game ar no surge. But then I'm looking at videos and there it is like 20% actually playing the game and 80% talking to npcs/random fan service/doing what. The battling looks so nice :(

where? ive only seen it around that price from 3rd party sellers on amazon before. NEver from amazon itself or something repuatable. Amazon has had it locked at $50 for a long time
1. amazon hasn't had it locked at 50 for a long time.

2. yeah it was a couple fulfilled by amazon sellers and the one I bought from that wasn't

3. amazon has dropped it down to 25 in the past as I know because for a brief second I was going to buy it. I've been checking it and the other ateliers prices regularly for months now waiting for a sub 20. But they sold out in a snap on the 25 ayesha and the 23 merurus and my promo credit thing only worked on stuff in stock lamely.

I was going to buy ayesha together with valkyria chronicles during the 5$ off 35$ orders promo for sharing a wish list. That would of made ayesha 20 which was my sweet spot.

also updating that one seller gone tomorrow dropped it another dollar making it 24 now.

highlighted and the other poster validated my expectations of a rental service. In a perfect world everyone would treat their games as nicely as I do but ya know. :/

and in the case of gamefly I had no idea what condition it was in and don't want to risk the gamble. If it was being sold on amazon with a descrip then maybe but I normally want to save alot more than 5$ between new and used.

It would of have to be closer to a 10$ difference for me to buy anything under like new.

That and it was more convenient to buy on amazon since I have the credit for it.

Do the publishers and developers get any of that money? For $5 I'd rather the people that made the game get my money. I almost never buy from Gamefly anymore since I can almost always get it new for the same price or less than what I can get it for from them.
neither of them are getting your money. It would be nice if we could cut out all the middle men and just support the devs ourselves but that's just not gonna happen outside maybe stuff like kickstarter.

It's kinda ironic that there are a handful of these cags that want to support these people but still get stuff for cheap xD

Is anyone still looking for Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory and/or Hatsune Miku Project Diva F?

They seem to be back in stock on Amazon. It's possible they've been like that for a while, it's been some time since I checked.

Project Diva F

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

EDIT: Just noticed Neptunia isn't shipped and sold by amazon. Woops. But there are still some new copies with Prime available from other sellers.

It's also available used on Gamefly for $32.99
You could buy the LE of HN Victory for the 3rd party prices of the regular version. lol

Also Play Asia is offering regular version with the soundtrack for $28.99 with free shipping.

http://www.play-asia.com/hyperdimension-neptunia-victory-paOS-13-49-en-70-5g5p.html

I just complained to amz about the damaged Braverly CE and they gave me a $30 promo credit. That makes me feel a lot better about the damage. I told them I intended to keep it since it is sold out and that this type of problem has happened multiple times (and that I did packaging feedback on all of them- which they should be able to see on their end).

I just complained to amz about the damaged Braverly CE and they gave me a $30 promo credit. That makes me feel a lot better about the damage. I told them I intended to keep it since it is sold out and that this type of problem has happened multiple times (and that I did packaging feedback on all of them- which they should be able to see on their end).
Unfortunately, it appears that Amazon really doesn't listen to that feedback--I've seen many posts regarding doing the packaging feedback, and Amazon is still shipping fragile/easily-damaged items in bubble mailers and the like. :bomb:

Unfortunately, it appears that Amazon really doesn't listen to that feedback--I've seen many posts regarding doing the packaging feedback, and Amazon is still shipping fragile/easily-damaged items in bubble mailers and the like. :bomb:
Hm..Weird. Just about anything I can remember that I bought from Amazon that was shipped from Amazon was shipped in a box. The worst I got was I'm guess it was cause UPS was half-assing it (I get that a lot from UPS nowadays). The box I receive was wet, like it was dropped in a puddle of water and melting on its side.

Hm..Weird. Just about anything I can remember that I bought from Amazon that was shipped from Amazon was shipped in a box. The worst I got was I'm guess it was cause UPS was half-assing it (I get that a lot from UPS nowadays). The box I receive was wet, like it was dropped in a puddle of water and melting on its side.
I'm not really speaking from experience, as I've rarely gotten more sensitive items shipped in bubble mailers; I've just seen so many complaints here and elsewhere that I know it's a rampant issue.

Off hand I can think of, Persona 2 PSP, Braverly, and Mass Effect 3 CEs all being shipped in bubblemailers. I know there were more that I ordered, but these are the ones that come to mind off the top of my head. I think it tends to be their Indiana warehouse and maybe Kentucky or Tennessee if I remember correctly. I know my ZoE was damaged, but that was in the cardboard 'make a box'. Surprisingly my FF realm reborn CE was shipped the same way and it has minimal damage. My 2 darksiders CEs were destroyed, but I know they were damaged before they shipped it.

They're too big to care about feedback from a few random, let says niche group of people. While someone like NISA knows the niche group is why they continue to thrive. They offered quickly to help those with damaged CEs of Danganronpa and before dented lunchboxes of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory. It shows that yes they do care more than Amazon. I mean I like Amazon a lot but I quickly realize that I should probably support others as well cause they actually care more for just my business (such as me ordering my manga mainly off Rightstuf, even though I'm a member of their buying club so I get some more discounts and deals). Just my 2 cents of course but it's how I feel as a consumer as a whole. I may even cancel my Amazon prime and see how much I can wane random deals I see for something on Amazon.

yep which is why I always rec to bulk bundle stuff any time you want to buy something fragile like that.

As far as I know all my stuff ships out from the hebron ky one. Generally its yellow or white bubble mailers but I've also gotten plenty of boxes as well so I guess it just varies by what they have on hand? I know the xillia ce had similar issues shipping wise as well since a number of them popped up on awd.

The copy of Tales of Symphonia Chronicles that I saw at Target was the normal version.  Wanted people to know that they might be able to find a copy there, but they look to be in very short supply.

People been complaining that ToS HD is 30fps. Oh well, I'm still spending $100 on it. I also own the GCN version. Got rid of the Wii sequel though.

The 30 FPS deal is definitely too bad, but it won't be super noticeable in this type of game. It will be noticeable if it can't maintain 30, though; I think that is really going to be the make/break point.

Wasn't there a similar issue with ZoE HD Collection (2nd game) with the framerate? And they fixed the PS3 version in a patch, and never fixed 360 version.

Wasn't there a similar issue with ZoE HD Collection (2nd game) with the framerate? And they fixed the PS3 version in a patch, and never fixed 360 version.
Yeah, that was really bad. The PS3 version was much worse... often dipped down to 20 fps, which might be why they only patched the PS3 version.

I'm with Zaku though. If it runs at 30 fps consistently, then I'm ok with it. But if it doesn't, then I won't be happy (at least with Symphonia, don't really give a rats ass about Dawn of the New World).

Amazon shipping is definitely worse now. Before orders with at least two iteams would always come in a box. Now I frequently receive two games in one of those cheapo mailers...

Swear Amazon loves waiting till the last minute to ship my orders to stress me out. Still waiting on my ToS CE to ship (With estimated delivery Tuesday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back