Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Swear Amazon loves waiting till the last minute to ship my orders to stress me out. Still waiting on my ToS CE to ship (With estimated delivery Tuesday)
Close to a warehouse? Amazon doesn't usually like to ship my until the day before it is suppose to make it, and it usually does unless it is a very crappy weather day, then god dammit Amazon.

Close to a warehouse? Amazon doesn't usually like to ship my until the day before it is suppose to make it, and it usually does unless it is a very crappy weather day, then god dammit Amazon.
That might be it, my Bravely Default CE did the same thing. Just moved to a new area and shopping more at Amazon lately

I don't know how everyone is getting these release day deliveries. I used Prime and my Bravely Default came several days later and so will my ToS CE

I don't know how everyone is getting these release day deliveries. I used Prime and my Bravely Default came several days later and so will my ToS CE
I happen to live very close to both an Amazon and a Newegg warehouse so I get overnight delivery from both places using the Newegg Super Saver and Amazon Prime.

NISA got back to me today and they were willing to split up my order. Basically they removed Witch and the Hundred Knight so the order could ship, and then processed a new order for Witch and the Hundred Knight.

Something to watch out for if you find yourself doing this: The order for the other item (in my case, Witch and the Hundred Knight) needs to have payment information associated with it. They sent a PayPal invoice, be sure to pay it.

Here's to hoping my Danganronpa LE ships with bubble wrap.

im getting a little annoyed with NISA. I havent got a reply back since about the 19th or so about my fucked up copy of Danganronpa. I see some of you have gotten/are getting your replacements. How did you contactt hem? I did it through  the support page on their site. I replied through both the case update and a direct email reply  and have not gotten anything after my reply on the 19th

kinda getting worried here, dont know how many replacements they have. I spend a lot of money with them. Bought pretty much every one of their game CE's, some multiple copies (except for that mugen souls garbage) and i buy a lot of their LE anime too. This customer service is kinda shit

I seem to recall them having a customer service number. I'm kinda drunk and this was a while ago, but I think at one point... I think it was with the Time and Eternity limited edition (yea, yea, I know)... I had a ticket open for one reason or another, and didn't get a reply from them in quite a while. I called them up and they fixed me up real quick.

tl;dr: Call them.

BOOM amazon just shipped ToS

and it is still available from me if anyone wants it
Still waiting on notification of mine. Amazon did charge the card, but currently just says eta of 3/3-3/7. Seems like when you go with SSS they don't just use a slower shipment but also get it out the doors a lot slower, which I'm not too happy with. I'm find if it takes a while to get here, but I don't feel like it should take a few days just to be put on a truck as well. -_-

im getting a little annoyed with NISA. I havent got a reply back since about the 19th or so about my fucked up copy of Danganronpa. I see some of you have gotten/are getting your replacements. How did you contactt hem? I did it through the support page on their site. I replied through both the case update and a direct email reply and have not gotten anything after my reply on the 19th

kinda getting worried here, dont know how many replacements they have. I spend a lot of money with them. Bought pretty much every one of their game CE's, some multiple copies (except for that mugen souls garbage) and i buy a lot of their LE anime too. This customer service is kinda shit
I emailed them at [email protected] yesterday morning. I received a notification that a ticket had been created less than a minute later, and received a reply asking me to confirm my address so they could send me a replacement box that afternoon. That email address was given by a support employee on their forums as the way to contact them with damaged shipment issues.

NISA CS is hit and miss in regards to their email address. I've gotten several replies in a day, and then it can take a week to hear anything. They do have a number on their website, and when I called that, someone picked up right away and was very friendly and sent a replacement sleeve out right away(with proper packaging.

Looks like The Guided Fate Paradox is now OOP, and only 1 used copy is for sale on Amazon... I need to get my hands on this before it's too late..

Looks like The Guided Fate Paradox is now OOP, and only 1 used copy is for sale on Amazon... I need to get my hands on this before it's too late..
Do itttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. But seriously it's a very decent game. I haven't finished it but have at least got through about 3 worlds. Pretty fun overall!

I emailed them at [email protected] yesterday morning. I received a notification that a ticket had been created less than a minute later, and received a reply asking me to confirm my address so they could send me a replacement box that afternoon. That email address was given by a support employee on their forums as the way to contact them with damaged shipment issues.
I called last week and they told me my replacement would be shipped out right away. It's almost a full 7 days later and according to their website, my replacement still hasn't been shipped out. Also, the return label they sent me was filled out wrong and they had the mail to address as my address. I notified them about it by e-mail and I haven't received a new label. I'm also very frustrated and I can't believe that this is how they are handling this situation.

YMMV
Tales of Xillia Collectors edition at Walmart
In Richmond VA
Was only one copy and the box was banged up because of the spiderwire

Ultimax has a new story that continues the previous, new characters, completely redesigned look to be in the P3 style rather than P4, and numerous balancing changes. It's totally reasonable for this to be a stand alone only.

I wonder if atlus planned releasing p5 near the end of the ps3's life... if so then if I was a bettin man I'd wager p6/7 comes out to the ps4 in 2020/21

All Persona games will be mine, maybe not suplex hold, only cause i haven't touched P4 Arena. I really need to play that....amazingly other than Persona 5 I'm most excited about Persona Q. Looks so much like an Etrian Odyssey game i'm pretty excited. I do love dungeon crawlers though, esp first person ones. Also the rhythm game....ah man I love the Miku games....just excited. Will still probably buy Suplex Hold, just probably not on release like I will all the others announced.

If anyone is interested, Namco-Bandai has Tales of Xillia CE (the one with the statue) for $99.95 back in stock + Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (regular edition) for 20% off when you buy both of them together.

"...1st production runs and all units are numbered under 500!"

So after hearing about guided fate paradox from you guys I had to pick it up. Guess I lucked out because my copy came with a soundtrack attached with it too. Was that a limited run with the CD or any clue what's the case with that?

So after hearing about guided fate paradox from you guys I had to pick it up. Guess I lucked out because my copy came with a soundtrack attached with it too. Was that a limited run with the CD or any clue what's the case with that?
NISA (and ATLUS) does that most of the time with 1st print runs of their new releases that come with CD's, so its kinda normal.

just called the number that was on one of my packaging reciepts and like Chrislaustin said a fvery friendly lady answered and took care of it right away. Should be getting the replacement sent out today. Gonna tape up and send back the messed up copy. Pretty painless process. Only thing that would have made it better was if i got to keep the smashed one too, heh.

As for the guided fate paradox being out of print... are you guys sure? Sometimes stuff goes OOS on NISA and then comes back in. If it really is OOP and nothing coming down the road maybe i should snag one extra copy. Im not opening my LE and i think i only have one regular edition with the soundtrack

To whoever posted that NIS takes a week to ship replacement Danganronpa LEs, you were correct to the day.  It's been exactly a week since my replacement was approved and it just was put into USPS.  Not sure why it takes them so long to process the replacement or why they keep telling people it's shipping out the same day, but I guess I'm just glad that they finally took care of it and I hope it arrives safely.  

Persona 5, Persona Q, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax have all been confirmed for NA releases.

link
One of the best news I read in the morning As of right now, my preference would be Persona 5 > Persona 4 U > Dancing All Night > Persona Q.

I just love Rhythm Games, and coupled with Rise. omg. :lol:

Can't wait for P4U. Just want to see the new story they have in store and who the Mysterious Entity is. (Probably Nyarlathotep). A part of me is hoping that the P3 Protagonist will make an appearance (being played by the Mysterious Entity or something like that), even thought the chance is highly unlikely.

Not going to worry about Guided Fate. Those type of games pretty much never sell out in Gamestops where I live.

Anyways. http://www.play-asia.com/sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-paOS-13-49-en-70-7fcf.html

Looks kind of fun, despite how overrated I find Sword Art Online to be. Think I might actually pick this one up when it comes out for the fluid looking battle system.
Is that supposed to be a Monster Hunter clone, or a hack-and-slash (like Dynasty Warriors)?

If Orochi Ultimate was a PS4 title I'd be more interested.  With them porting DW8 to the PS4, I don't know that I want another Warriors game for last gen.

I'm wondering about Orochi Ultimate myself.  I'm not sure if I would get it or not (partially since digital-only TK games almost never go on sale and I don't know what the DLC is) but it would be nice to know.

It is a shame that NISA isn't advertising Demon Gaze differently.  Demon Gaze is a very good dungeon crawler and probably one, based on what I know from asking and viewing online (that's why I say probably), that puts a good number of the ones we've gotten in the US to shame.  Demon Gaze is pretty much all gameplay.

I'm wondering about Orochi Ultimate myself. I'm not sure if I would get it or not (partially since digital-only TK games almost never go on sale and I don't know what the DLC is) but it would be nice to know.

It is a shame that NISA isn't advertising Demon Gaze differently. Demon Gaze is a very good dungeon crawler and probably one, based on what I know from asking and viewing online (that's why I say probably), that puts a good number of the ones we've gotten in the US to shame. Demon Gaze is pretty much all gameplay.
yeah it'd be cool if they did in game advertisements as well like the mind zero one in another game I heard about. think it was that vampire stripping ones sequel. all i know is I saw the in game ad for it on a wall and thought that was a pretty nifty.

Orochi Ultimate would be a day one purchase for me on PSN. WO3 is a wonderful game and worth playing again, especially with a brand new story and all the new characters. Koei VP on Twitter did say summer this year most likely.

Without going into spoilers, can someone clarify why Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair is supposedly superior to Trigger Happy Havoc? I'm loving every minute I play of the latter (just started Chapter 5), and it floors me to think that the sequel is even better... :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back