Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't trust Newegg with LE orders esp for ones with a more limited production like this one. After getting screwed with Project x Zone (though this one only has one physical edition), I wont go with them again on those.
I'm wary of Newegg myself too. But I'm not placing all my eggs in one basket either. And in this case, it's the only edition available. (Also got the LE Sorcery Saga just fine from newegg despite their price mistake).

Already got a preorder on Amazon but that listing is down so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Yeah with only one version I don't know if Newegg could screw it up other than "oops we never got any. Here's a $10 off code for your trouble." I still wouldn't risk it. I'm no big fan of Gamestop, but at least they pack their shit right.

So, this is an enhanced version of Disgaea 4 for the PS3? I had been planning on using my buy 2 get 1 GameStop coupon to get that, but maybe I'll hold off. Never played a game in this series, though. I've heard good things, but what's so good about it?
It's actually the Vita port of the PS3 game that supposedly includes most if not all of the DLC as well.

Looks like SE/DR charged my current CC, so my issue resolved itself, though now I wish I had tried harder to cancel my order. :headache:

It sure would have been nice to get those CEs for free, though... :bomb:
Come on, you didn't really think that a customer-unfriendly vendor like Digital River was going to give you something for free, did you?

I'm still confused as to how they did it, though--my CC company said the old card would no longer be active at the end of March and advised me to change any saved payment methods I had with that card. If the old card isn't active anymore, then how did my current one get charged...?
If it's the same CC account as when you placed the preorder, then the old charge would show up under the new card's statement.

I did not know that... maybe there's hope for my copy to ship.

I just got a message from NISA that they can't charge me for Mugen Souls Z pre-order, even though they updated my credit card. :whistle2:x
IME, NISA doesn't run a pre-authorization when you place a preorder with them. That's why I've always had to manually update my CC info with them for all of my preorders.

So looking through the thread, did I end up missing my chance on preordering senran kagura shinovi versus from amazon? Or was it just some fluke and that had to take the listing down?
The XSeed rep on their forum says that the Amazon listing was taken down because it went up prematurely. According to him, the game isn't sold out at Amazon, it'll be back when they are ready.

Well, no D3 CE today for me. Even though it was in the state next to me yesterday morning, I didn't get it today. The mail lady just came by and she completely skipped my house. This blows. Did anyone else get theirs?

that is until bestbuy put their listing for the game up on their website. lol
From one of the posts a few pages back, it sounds like Best Buy is planning on getting this one, too, that's why I did my preorder online with GS so that I didn't have to put anything down. If BB does get it, I'll just cancel at GS.

Well, no D3 CE today for me. Even though it was in the state next to me yesterday morning, I didn't get it today. The mail lady just came by and she completely skipped my house. This blows. Did anyone else get theirs?
I haven't gotten mine yet. Mine shipped out on Wednesday, and there haven't been any online updates since then. That's actually fairly typical with USPS tracking IME.

that is until bestbuy put their listing for the game up on their website. lol
Believe me, that preorder's getting transferred to Atelier Rorona Plus if Best Buy puts up a listing for Senran Kagura.

And if Best Buy gets Rorona Plus...well, we'll see.

---

The demo for XBlaze was very well-crafted, as it ended right when I expected it to and left me wanting more without leaving things on an infuriating cliffhanger. I'm definitely hanging onto my GS preorder for the Vita version (unless Best Buy adds that version...).

I haven't gotten mine yet. Mine shipped out on Wednesday, and there haven't been any online updates since then. That's actually fairly typical with USPS tracking IME.
I haven't gotten any updates either. I had to use that smart label tracking thing someone else posted to see my updates for the first day and a half. My USPS tracking finally updated yesterday, but there was no word on a delivery date or anything. It just said "in transit to be delivered to here: ship date, etc".

Are you going to get the PS3 or vita version? Isn't this the first one where it's on both platforms?
Obvious answer there for me (though I know it's not directed towards me) PS3 version since it's a physical copy, maybe later for 20 on sale on the PSN for the vita version. I'm getting it from Gamestop because of the Swimsuit costumes...yes, yes.....really am looking forward to playing it though!

Obvious answer there for me (though I know it's not directed towards me) PS3 version since it's a physical copy, maybe later for 20 on sale on the PSN for the vita version. I'm getting it from Gamestop because of the Swimsuit costumes...yes, yes.....really am looking forward to playing it though!
Thanks for answering, because I actually didn't know that the PS3 was physical, and vita was digital only. I was leaning more towards the PS3 version anyways, but this means I'll definitely pick up that version. There's not like this thing for having save files from other Atelier games, is there? I know some games will give you save file bonuses if you play other games in the franchise.

Supposedly one of the features is something about burying items in a time capsule in Rorona Plus and finding them in the later Plus games, though i'm not sure how this works. The thing is though is that the PS3/Vita are cross save/share data so it doesn't hurt buying one now and getting one later. I got this all from an article about differences between Rorona and Rorona Plus.

Supposedly one of the features is something about burying items in a time capusle in Rorona Plus and finding them in the later Plus games, though i'm not sure how this works. The thing is though is that the PS3/Vita are cross save/share data so it doesn't hurt buying one now and getting one later. I got this all from an article about differences between Rorona and Rorona Plus.
Man, I was hoping I wouldn't have to spring for Totori Plus since I own the original on PS3...

Is that a good enough feature to sell off my PS3 copy and wait for Totori Plus to go on sale on the PSN store?

Believe me, that preorder's getting transferred to Atelier Rorona Plus if Best Buy puts up a listing for Senran Kagura.

And if Best Buy gets Rorona Plus...well, we'll see.

---

The demo for XBlaze was very well-crafted, as it ended right when I expected it to and left me wanting more without leaving things on an infuriating cliffhanger. I'm definitely hanging onto my GS preorder for the Vita version (unless Best Buy adds that version...).
bestbuy had stock/sold almost almost every recent Atelier release, so the chances are very high.

Man, I was hoping I wouldn't have to spring for Totori Plus since I own the original on PS3...

Is that a good enough feature to sell off my PS3 copy and wait for Totori Plus to go on sale on the PSN store?
I can't speak for the feature, but Totori Plus was on sale for $19.99 just a week or two ago. I'm sure it will go back on sale again in the not-too-distant-future.

Just got my Drakengard 3 CE in the mail today. A bit weird since everything else I ordered from DR arrived on release day but it was a nice surprise. The box is actually pretty nice looking. It is a small chipboard box with a slip cover similar to the LR:CE but much smaller (about the size of a dvd case). No time to play this weekend but having a CE that fits on my shelf is nice!

Just got my Drakengard 3 CE in the mail today. A bit weird since everything else I ordered from DR arrived on release day but it was a nice surprise. The box is actually pretty nice looking. It is a small chipboard box with a slip cover similar to the LR:CE but much smaller (about the size of a dvd case). No time to play this weekend but having a CE that fits on my shelf is nice!
I just got the soundtrack today as well. Nice, pleasant surprise.

I personally want to see a Persona Q demo, maybe a dancing all night demo....you know Persona 4 Arena new one will be there though.
I figure all 3 of those will be there.

If there is a Persona Q demo, I hope it lets you take all of that progress into the main game a la Conception 2.

I just got the soundtrack today as well. Nice, pleasant surprise.
I got the ost in too. It's great, I can't wait to start playing the game now that I've listened to it.

I figure all 3 of those will be there.

If there is a Persona Q demo, I hope it lets you take all of that progress into the main game a la Conception 2.
I'm pretty sure EO IV used your progress from the demo, so I bet Persona Q will too.

Put in a preorder for Shinovi at Gamestop because I'd rather have that than the Amazon one if Best Buy doesn't end up stocking it (I know they said they would but just in case). It was charging me shipping despite saver so I put it for in store pickup and now it tells me I can't update my order online. Damn it GameStop you got me again.

Put in a preorder for Shinovi at Gamestop because I'd rather have that than the Amazon one if Best Buy doesn't end up stocking it (I know they said they would but just in case). It was charging me shipping despite saver so I put it for in store pickup and now it tells me I can't update my order online. Damn it GameStop you got me again.
I warned others before...just order it in store. Gamestop employees act like idiots when it involved pre-order ship to store orders. I caused so much confusion and it caused a lot more headaches than anything. Plus I always felt like an idiot calling in since the ship to store stuff I believe is marked with your name, and when others got their pre-orders before me it was pretty annoying. Think I got it eventually close to 2 weeks after release....not worth it. It was a special case of a badly stocked game though (Fire Emblem Awakening before it got a second batch). Ugg.....never again!

You, and me both man. I figured it was a better idea to go ahead and order before I might possibly miss out. Better safe than sorry I suppose.

quick question about one piece unilmited world red... are all stores getting the 'day 1 edition'? seems only amazon and GS list it as such, but BBY mentions nothing about it. Id rather get it at BBY since im GCU but i want to make sure im getting the same thing

what the heck is day 1 edition anyway? Im guessin its like most niche games that do a 1st print run?

quick question about one piece unilmited world red... are all stores getting the 'day 1 edition'? seems only amazon and GS list it as such, but BBY mentions nothing about it. Id rather get it at BBY since im GCU but i want to make sure im getting the same thing

what the heck is day 1 edition anyway? Im guessin its like most niche games that do a 1st print run?
It says what the Day 1 Edition is right on the GS page...

Pre-order One Piece Unlimited World Red and receive the Day 1 Edition!

ONE PIECE® Unlimited World Red Day One Edition features DLC to commemorate One Piece's 15th anniversary in Japan. The Day One Edition will include special DLC including Luffy's Strong World Adventure Outfit, Anniversary Costumes for Luffy, Nami, Sanji, Chopper, Zoro, Usopp, Franky, Robin and Brook, and an extra quest.

Kenshindono, on 18 May 2014 - 02:09 AM, said:

well if bb sites is updated by the end of may, then they probably aren't getting the dlc. you can always ask Bandai to see if they know anything.

well if bb sites is updated by the end of may, then they probably aren't getting the dlc. you can always ask Bandai to see if they know anything.
I have a feeling the Day 1 Edition isn't retailer-specific, just limited to the first print-run. If you look at the pages on Gamestop.com, the Day 1 bonuses are listed as being "packed with [the] game", so it should be included in all first-run copies regardless of where you buy it.

Has anyone seen anything saying whether or not bestbuy will be carrying atelier rorona plus and akibas trip on ps3 yet? Still got some time on akiba and I know rorona was only recently announced but since it's out next month I'd like to know

It says what the Day 1 Edition is right on the GS page...
right... and on the amazon page but not on BBY's page.. which would be why i was asking if anyone knew if it was a universal first print run or what. Id like to order from BBY, but not if theyre getting a vanilla copy of the game while amazon and GS get a nicer packaged/DLC ladened first run version... so does anyone know? Guess i'l have to ask on the BBY forum or soemthing

Has anyone seen anything saying whether or not bestbuy will be carrying atelier rorona plus and akibas trip on ps3 yet? Still got some time on akiba and I know rorona was only recently announced but since it's out next month I'd like to know
I asked this a while back on the forum and got a 'we have no info at this time' response.... so im guessing no but not a hard no

Please be for PSP and not just mobile.
PSP makes more sense. With a port there's a lot more work than a just a translation would require. Not saying they might not also do mobile, but if they've done the work of the translation then it makes sense to apply that to the PSP version as the least-expensive way to make it available.

PSP makes more sense. With a port there's a lot more work than a just a translation would require. Not saying they might not also do mobile, but if they've done the work of the translation then it makes sense to apply that to the PSP version as the least-expensive way to make it available.
Oh I thought that one was for mobile too.

I received my Mugen Souls Z preorder from NISA today, game and everything looks great, but they forgot my zodiac keychain!!!! I emailed support and hope they can help me out somehow, I love my extra swag :(

I received my Mugen Souls Z preorder from NISA today, game and everything looks great, but they forgot my zodiac keychain!!!! I emailed support and hope they can help me out somehow, I love my extra swag :(
I got mine today too. Everything was included though, sorry to hear about yours. They also did amazing with their packaging.

PS: Your not missing much with the key chain trust me, but I understand it was included and you paid for it so I would be upset too.

Packing was great, it was in a decent sized brown box with thick bubble wrap on all four sides, very happy with that compared to the bubble mailer I got with Demon Gaze

o____O

Is the tear-resistant poster inside the game box? I did get the keychain but I don't see the poster unless it's inside. :(

Hey for those who are having issues with NISA, please send a support email to them (if you have not already). They are super responsive and super friendly - they will take care of your issue no questions asked. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back