Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup! I shoulda pointed out that I'm really just happy to see potential for a $350, or dare I say $320, PS4 for the patient.

The beauty of loving the RPGs and niche scene is that I'll still have plenty of fine games to keep me busy on the PS3.

(Really I feel upgrading to PS4 would be a sin before first upgrading to a new TV, which is a separate waiting game entirely.)
Yup! I shoulda pointed out that I'm really just happy to see potential for a $350, or dare I say $320, PS4 for the patient.

The beauty of loving the RPGs and niche scene is that I'll still have plenty of fine games to keep me busy on the PS3.

(Really I feel upgrading to PS4 would be a sin before first upgrading to a new TV, which is a separate waiting game entirely.)
Not like the PS4 is anywhere close to a RPG Machine or even niche machine. That will take a good while to migrate to the PS4.

Bestbuy are planning to stock Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate and Ar No Surge: Ode to an Unborn Star

well brightside going by the xillia ce's 2's should be more than plentiful. What with the lack of interest due to is high price to low content ratio.  I don't see it clearing out its stock until it had price drops

If you're talking about BestBuy, yeah, I posted about this a little while ago. I did write them an email about it (for Xblaze and Atelier Rorona Plus) and they sent me two $10 discount codes on next purchase. Email them anyway, the more feedback they get, the better. Hopefully stuff like this doesn't happen anymore... but it most likely will continue.

Also, noticing that Steam is releasing more Anime type games, even visual novels. They just released Sakura Spirit and Sunrider (FREE).

edit: Does this signify the Golden Age for Japanese games on Steam?! I look forward to the time when Steam starts selling Adult VNs. YEA!
yea looks like i got a $10 cert automatically. I tried calling but there was nothing they could do. Tried the elite plus/GCU line and the guy spent a while looking into it. I guess the publisher just didn't send them any copies. Prety lame

Im a bit concerned about my other niche preorders with them. Probably worth putting backup orders through GS or something, i would imagine, right? I see other people worried about Akiba's strip and stuff

BTW.. Sakura Spirits doens't look very interesting. Just like a hentai visual novel game or something. But Sunrider looks interesting. ANyone played it?

BTW.. Sakura Spirits doens't look very interesting. Just like a hentai visual novel game or something. But Sunrider looks interesting. ANyone played it?
Sakura Spirits is supposedly extremely short (a couple hours) for a VN. The art doesn't look great either. As for Sunrider, it's free. Just download it and try it out yourself.

Anyone know if its worth getting the PS4 version for Natural Doctrine? Or is it better to save a few bucks and get the PS3 one? Im assuming it wasn't really developed for it since its on PS3 AND vita. Is there really any difference between the PS3 or PS4 versions?

ar nosurge english voice trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V088eENk8Ao

That trailer is the cheesiest thing ever.
ewww... Ichigo english VA. Im assuming this will have a JP track, right?

Sakura Spirits is supposedly extremely short (a couple hours) for a VN. The art doesn't look great either. As for Sunrider, it's free. Just download it and try it out yourself.
Was it free? Yea just checked. Must have had it opened with other pages, i remember it being 20 bucks or something. Yea im with you on Sakura Spirits, no real interest in that. Im not juge on VN's in general anyway. Guess i'll give Sunrider a play though

I remember it being hard to find at one point before the sprout of new copies everywhere. I enjoyed it since it plays like the Musou series. :)

when did they reprint it? I still cant find any copies around here and it goes for like 50 bucks new still on amazon

For Natural Doctrine, I just went with the PS4 version. Trophy lists are all shared, and I rather have more PS4 games in my collection than add more PS3 games to it. As for Vita, yeah I'd probably prefer to play this on Vita but it does have remote play and I do most of my Vita gaming at home.

Although... I doubt I'll have time to play it given this holiday's release schedule.

Natural Doctrine will be one of those games I snag for $15-$20. I agree with PrinnyOtaku, I have so many games pre-ordered that come out September to December that I don't need to add anything else.

Play Asia just tweeted a sale they are having: 3 Atelier games for $29.99 -- Link  Games are Euro version, but PS3 is region free, so they work worldwide.

BsvSKELCUAARVuR.jpg

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland

Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland

Seemed like a decent offer, thought I'd share

Edit after I tried to order, shipping is rather high for america ($14.90) which lessens the deal a bit -- will have to ponder if I order now.  Still, out there for those interested.

Play Asia just tweeted a sale they are having: 3 Atelier games for $29.99 -- Link Games are Euro version, but PS3 is region free, so they work worldwide.

Edit after I tried to order, shipping is rather high for america ($14.90) which lessens the deal a bit -- will have to ponder if I order now. Still, out there for those interested.
Yeah I'd be all over that if it wasn't for the shipping. They have $12 shipping you select bubble mailer too.

Play Asia just tweeted a sale they are having: 3 Atelier games for $29.99 -- Link Games are Euro version, but PS3 is region free, so they work worldwide.

BsvSKELCUAARVuR.jpg

Edit after I tried to order, shipping is rather high for america ($14.90) which lessens the deal a bit -- will have to ponder if I order now. Still, out there for those interested.
Thanks a billion. I already have Rorona, but I can always gift it/trade it in for store credit. You aren't going to find the Atelier games any cheaper.

If not for the shipping I'd grab the Atelier games. I've been pretty interested for a while and it's a decent price, but $45 is just too much when I've never played one of those before. I'll just for a PSN deal, I guess. The PS3 versions of those games (except for Rorona) are not on PSN at all, but I'm hoping the Vita versions will get a decent deal.

Well, the ones on PSN have been on sale a few times and they were always $19.99 per game. They're unlikely to get lower than that. So you're coming out ahead with this bundle if you end up liking the series.

If not for the shipping I'd grab the Atelier games. I've been pretty interested for a while and it's a decent price, but $45 is just too much when I've never played one of those before. I'll just for a PSN deal, I guess. The PS3 versions of those games (except for Rorona) are not on PSN at all, but I'm hoping the Vita versions will get a decent deal.
Atelier Rorona isn't on PSN for digital purchasing, only Atelier Rorona Plus, the remake. While you may have realized it, I just figured it needed to be said so people realize that they're not getting Atelier Rorona Plus from the play-asia deal.

Also, what 62t said in the reply before mine about needing to purchase the DLC through the EU PSN in order to actually use any DLC for the physical game from the play-asia deal.

Anyone playing the new One Piece game? I picked up the Vita version and am really enjoying it so far. The combat is fun and the art is just so damn colorful. Makes me wish I knew more about the franchise. Going to have to find a website to watch the show on now.

Anyone playing the new One Piece game? I picked up the Vita version and am really enjoying it so far. The combat is fun and the art is just so damn colorful. Makes me wish I knew more about the franchise. Going to have to find a website to watch the show on now.
Oh yeah, I'm loving it on Vita. The timing of it in terms of its location in the canon is actually quite impressive, as the Coloseum Mode coincides with the last volume released here in the U.S. (Vol. 71 :shock:), which I read soon after its release through my library.

VERY tempted by that Atelier bundle deal.  I only have one of the 3 (Meruru) and glancing at ebay it looks like it's selling for around $20-$23 on ebay right now.  Factoring in fees & shipping, plus shipping on the play-asia order, that would have me paying around $14/each for the other 2 games.  Question is...is the "Plus" version of Rorona so much better that I'll regret not waiting for a deal on it?  I don't really care about DLC, if that's all it is - but if it's a retooling like the upcoming Neptunia, that might be different...

VERY tempted by that Atelier bundle deal. I only have one of the 3 (Meruru) and glancing at ebay it looks like it's selling for around $20-$23 on ebay right now. Factoring in fees & shipping, plus shipping on the play-asia order, that would have me paying around $14/each for the other 2 games. Question is...is the "Plus" version of Rorona so much better that I'll regret not waiting for a deal on it? I don't really care about DLC, if that's all it is - but if it's a retooling like the upcoming Neptunia, that might be different...
From what I've heard, Rorona Plus is better than the original in practically every way.

I feel for the Atelier series you should just get the Vita plus ones since they have all that DLC (though frame rates and graphics are likely not as good as PS3). Most people recommend Rorona Plus though essentially since it brings not only the graphical style from the later games, but also refines it so it's easier to play and enjoy. It's not a terrible bundle per say, but I can't quite recommend it especially with that shipping cost.

From what I've heard, Rorona Plus is better than the original in practically every way.
It really, really is. I have both the original and Plus. I played the original for maybe 5-10 hours and got frustrated with basically everything about the game feeling unpolished and confusing, plus it had a couple classic RPG elements changed for no good reason that I could see. It had potential, and I wanted to like it, but the deficiencies just made other games more appealing to play.

I started playing Plus last weekend. I put in over 7 hours straight the first day and have put in somewhere around 20 hours total so far, and I am loving basically every minute of it. Every single change that I have noticed has been for the better. In my opinion, it has changed the game from a mediocre rpg with a sub-par combat system and a confusing and frustrating alchemy system to a great rpg with a solid combat system and a still somewhat confusing but actually fun alchemy system.

On the subject of that Ar nosurge trailer, I know basically nothing about the game, but back when the LE was announced, the bit I saw sounded interesting, so I pre-ordered the limited edition figuring I'd look into it as time went by and decide closer to release whether I actually want it. That trailer...the voice acting may be cheesy, but I want the game just for the music.

I like that boxart for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix. No chance i'll be playing it this year or until it's $20 or less...but nice!

Agreed the Square-Enix HD collections just drop quickly and unless you really want the artbook ones (more like art pages haha) it's always best to wait.

Learned my lesson to wait for a price drop, like with Final Fantasy X HD. :lol:
I took a survey, like 6 months ago, and SE was asking if I'd buy a CE (not LE digibook) for KH2. I said yes >.>

Either way, $40 is pretty good for 2 KH games and a video of a PSP game. With this set, and "counting" those 2 video/dialog/not actual games, this puts all KH games on PS3 except DDD, right?

I took a survey, like 6 months ago, and SE was asking if I'd buy a CE (not LE digibook) for KH2. I said yes >.>

Either way, $40 is pretty good for 2 KH games and a video of a PSP game. With this set, and "counting" those 2 video/dialog/not actual games, this puts all KH games on PS3 except DDD, right?
Just wait for Kingdom Hearts 3.5 to come out. :lol: Whenever that happens.

Kh Re:Coded was 3ds, not PSP. If it had been PSP like BBS they probably would have made it playable instead of just giving you the video.

Kh Re:Coded was 3ds, not PSP. If it had been PSP like BBS they probably would have made it playable instead of just giving you the video.
My mistake. 358/2 Days from 1.5 was DS, so I should have known better. For some reason I thought there was 2 PSP games. Think it's 2 DS (358/2 Days, Re:Coded), 1 PSP (Birth By Sleep), 1 3DS (Dream Drop Distance) for portables, not counting Chain of Memories which was later ported to PS2 and PS3.

I'm still debating whether to get the boxed version or just wait for the localization next month. I'm out of space on my memory card and rather not delete stuff though....

x.x

I'm still debating whether to get the boxed version or just wait for the localization next month. I'm out of space on my memory card and rather not delete stuff though....

x.x
I prefer non engrish myself. I've lived through many a Hong Kong Anime sub...and it just would make me unhappy knowing there's a legit subbed version I could be putting myself through for SAO Vita here. I don't get the excitement for the Asia Version other than being a physical copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back