Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For those games that save to the cartridge you could always upload the save using PS+ and then once you get the game back just download the save back

Awesome! I can't waitttt. Xillia was one of my favorite games of last year, and I heard 2 was even better so I'm definitely excited for it. Just kinda worried because I haven't seen a single rotating charge for it on my CC. I think there was one, and that's it. Doesn't best buy usually do it every week or did they stop doing that?

Was anyone able to get Xillia 2 for like $20-25 during that Best Buy buy 1, get 1 half off glitch?
Yes, though mine is at 30 pre-tax since I had something more expensive that ended up getting the bigger discount. Though considering my backlog that includes the quickly price-dropped first Xillia and the lack of special edition for getting day one, I'm not sure if I'll keep it. If only Best Buy were quicker about putting up games for pre-order and/or the deal hadn't just been with PS3 or Xbox 360 games.

Asmith906, on 19 Jul 2014 - 6:09 PM, said:
For those games that save to the cartridge you could always upload the save using PS+ and then once you get the game back just download the save back
yah try again, that is what lead my to complaining to sony in the first place, the game was muramasa, most if not all vita cartridge saves are locked to that cartridge, when you get that must delete data for trophies crap that is the first indication that its a locked save. since I know marvelous plays by that rule I tried to avoid those unless im absolutely going to keep them. I think akibas is marvelous but xseed is the medium so there safe I think the muramasa was aksys so...

Awesome! I can't waitttt. Xillia was one of my favorite games of last year, and I heard 2 was even better so I'm definitely excited for it. Just kinda worried because I haven't seen a single rotating charge for it on my CC. I think there was one, and that's it. Doesn't best buy usually do it every week or did they stop doing that?
They do normally rotate charge every week. However, I've been in PMs with one of the forum managers at Best Buy over my billing error on the Xillia 2 Collectors preorder, and it sounds like it's not supposed to charge weekly, just once at the initial purchase and then right before launch. They are apparently working on a fix for the weekly charges, and will be checking my order to see if the fix works next week. Maybe your order worked properly?

I'm getting Akiba's Trip on ps3 but I'm thinking of switching it to vita. Also some good games on vita to check out

UPDATED LIST

RPG's

P4G - Of Course

Disgaea 3

Atelier games - if you are in to those

Final Fantasy X HD

Child of Light

YS 4 ( :whistle2: )

Dungeon Crawlers:
Demon Gaze

Adventure:
DanganRonpa
Virtue's Last Reward

Action/Adventure:
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
Ninja Gaiden 1 - Solid port first game I bought and beat on the system.

Gravity Rush - try the demo to see if you like it first

Soul Sacrifice Delta - Fast Paced Hunting game with a cool story. Also focuses on spells instead of straight melee weapons.

Metal Gear HD collection - Really Solid port and includes the msx games as well

Muramasa Rebirth

Dragons Crown

Toukiden

Uncharted - This game is really fun don't let the haters fool you

Killzone Mercenary

Rhythm:

DJ MAX Techinka Tune - Because hot girls dancing

Project diva f

Platformers:

Limbo

Spelunky

Rayman Games

Guacamelee

Sly Cooper Collection

Sly 4

Tearaway - Because this game should have sold better

Fighters:

Dead or Alive 5

Street Fighter X Tekken

Mortal Kombat (ugly but solid port)

UMVC 3 - really good port.

Blazblue

Racers:

Sonic All Stars

Wipeout

Ridge Racer

Puzzle:

Lumines

Just some of the top of my head. Now if you are willing to pick up some psp and ps1 games I can help you out with that too but this should get you started.

stealth edit :whistle2: :whistle2:

I have brought Dishonor for missing so many games :whistle2:?
I just noticed this.. Ridge Racer? Everything I heard was that the Vita Ridge Racer was AWFUL. Is it actually not that bad, in your experience?

Also, maybe add: One Piece Unlimited World Red, Deception IV, Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (haven't played this one yet, dunno if it's any good) ? :D

For any of you guys that import vita games, does the dlc have to be the same region as the game? Or can dlc was us psn work too?

CAGkrazy, on 20 Jul 2014 - 8:08 PM, said:
For any of you guys that import vita games, does the dlc have to be the same region as the game? Or can dlc was us psn work too?

62t, on 20 Jul 2014 - 8:09 PM, said:
no they have to be the same.
same region account for the dlc, I have seen posts of people talking about being able to do that, don't know if its a hack or what, none of them have said how they do it. if its possible without a hack, my best guesses is somehow messing with the management program for the pc backup or I have seen a youtube video where the guy was showing how to switch accounts and use the same card, I didnt hear him say anything about the dlc being able to work or not like that

Asmith906, on 20 Jul 2014 - 7:55 PM, said:
Traded in some games to gamestop today and the cashier informed me that I was the only one that preordered Akibas Trip
yah mine is pretty light also, though I usually always got through them because the workers aren't bad and I prefer physical in hand undamaged right away especially limited editions when available, they use ups and those are never damaged. since this was a vita originally and its supposed to have the ar mode I would go with that one, probably looks better on ps3 but the ar mode is hard to pass up. its definitely an expensive year for games, only saving grace is the soon after price drop for xillia, should save at least half price, every little bit counts.

It works like this:

Put all your saves either up in the cloud or on another memory card > Factory Reset > Watch the opening video > get back all your saves etc. > Switch accounts to play in that region for it's DLC and where it was imported. This process has to be done every single time, so it's possible but it happens to be a hassle.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Change-PSN-Accounts-on-PS-Vita/td-p/39310815
Here's a tip you missed. You can skip the intro video by turning off your vita when it starts playing. Makes switching accounts a little less tedious

Looks like the guided fate paradox and earth defense force 2025 are both $19.99 new at gamestop

Thanks for the replies. Planning on buying sword art online asian version since us is obly doing a digital release. Damn! You would think that theyl do a localization of this game considering its a well known anime but no. Grrr

Thanks for the replies. Planning on buying sword art online asian version since us is obly doing a digital release. Damn! You would think that theyl do a localization of this game considering its a well known anime but no. Grrr
By definition of the game coming to the states, it is getting localized. It'll just be Digital rather than Physical. Unless you mean it includes English Audio as well.

It is a localization just digital only. if it's not a big enough release it will be digital only like the Dynasty Warriors Gundam game that came out. Bandai Namco just roll that way unfortunately.

How easy is it to navigate the Asian and Japanese PSN stores?? Do I need to know Japanese and Chinese to navigate?? Or are they in English. I'm interested in setting up more PSN region accounts for all my DLC content. Just bough Phantasy Star Online and Sword Art Online

How easy is it to navigate the Asian and Japanese PSN stores?? Do I need to know Japanese and Chinese to navigate?? Or are they in English. I'm interested in setting up more PSN region accounts for all my DLC content. Just bough Phantasy Star Online and Sword Art Online
The stores are all laid out identically, so if you know your way around the English one, you can navigate the others. Personally, I found figuring out the Japanese address system so I could plug in a postal code it would accept during account creation much more time consuming and annoying than using the store itself.

The asian store ( hong kong store) is also in english online. once you buy the games you can queue it to download on the browser one as well.
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-hk/home/games?smcid=hk-en_ps:com_htoLNiQHOTARUNONIKK-detail-page_buy-button_link001 ( link to english hong kong store)

You can also use the online store in chrome and it will auto translate, That's what I do when I get my ps plus games. It's a lot faster. Also the Japanese PS Plus sucks. All they give you are stuff that us and europe got months ago and visual novels. VN wouldn't be so bad if I knew how to speak the language.

the whole thing surrounding type 0 has been a cluster  fuck  Also I'm almost positve the patch contains copyright data which is why it was so easily taken down. Really this could all been avoided if square just came out and said they were working on something for the western fans instead of being completely silent.

the whole thing surrounding type 0 has been a cluster fuck Also I'm almost positve the patch contains copyright data which is why it was so easily taken down. Really this could all been avoided if square just came out and said they were working on something for the western fans instead of being completely silent.
To be honest, they could've just said they were working on it for a long time like they did with Final Fantasy XV. Like, "we're working on a psp release" but then switch it another platform after a few years like with the previous example.

To be honest, they could've just said they were working on it for a long time like they did with Final Fantasy XV. Like, "we're working on a psp release" but then switch it another platform after a few years like with the previous example.
They didn;'t even have to name a platform just announce they are working on the game for western audiences so the translation team wouldn't have to waste their time translating something that was getting an official release.

Decided to pass on buying a physical copy of sword art online. I want my trophies link to a single account and not worry about dlcs. Just sucks that this is only a digital release in NA. I would have given more money for a collectors edition. Oh well.

Decided to pass on buying a physical copy of sword art online. I want my trophies link to a single account and not worry about dlcs. Just sucks that this is only a digital release in NA. I would have given more money for a collectors edition. Oh well.
Bandai Namco isn't really keen to go all out for releases that aren't proven yet. This is why Tales games are barely getting into the spotlight and having CEs and such. Before we would just be happy for a physical release. I don't think they're certain in Gundam either. Naruto on the other hand earns them some money and they'll happy release the CE for it too. Only game they really took a blind chance on was Ni no Kuni...which I think with level 5 and ghibli seemed like a hit. I would have loved a physical US copy and also a physical copy of the new Gundam Dynasty Warrior game.

You can import a phyiscal copy of Gundam Reborn from Europe. 

The Patch for SAO is currently Japan only, and they're thinking about it bringing it over, either as a free or paid dlc. Who knows. 

Previous dynasty warriors gundam games had physical releases in the US. Thats also another game i wanted to buy physically if a NA version was releases. Grrr! Hate it that they sold this digitally at full price! Didnt even have a plus discount or something. Oh well.

I use my japanese and asia account to download the dlcs then play on my USA account. All the dlcs are there and my US account and it gets all the saves and trophies.

They didn;'t even have to name a platform just announce they are working on the game for western audiences so the translation team wouldn't have to waste their time translating something that was getting an official release.
The translation team knew an official release was coming. Sky, the person in charge, decided to release what they had, against the wish of some of the translation team member. And Square Enix announced during E3 week, where major announcement was made.

I honestly don't see why a fan translation of the old version would interfere with the remake.  Nobody tried to take down the SNES translation of Tales of Phantasia when the GBA version came to the states.  Or the 40 other translations for that game on every platform ever.  I was super psyched for Type-0 HD, even knowing the PSP version was available. 

Of course, I wouldn't have rushed my fan translation out the door just to beat Square.  I would have just let them announce their game, then reassure everyone that I was still working on the PSP version, and the that HD version would probably be better but mine is still cool too, we're not competing with Square, etc, etc. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back