Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt very highly that a game built for Vita, ported to the PS3 and converted over to PS4 is going to blow anyone away. There may be some cosmetic improvements, but you're still going to be playing a Vita/PS3 game on PS4.

If you want quantity for PS4, go for it. If you think you're going to get a better looking game, sit on it.
Wow, does it offend you that much that someone might want the PS4 version over the Vita?

Also, "sit on it"? Are you the Fonz? :roll:

the $260 cowboom ps4 used, and awd $300 ps4 talk would indicate otherwise. lol

i am not going to get a ps4 until i finish all the backlog game for my ps3/ xbox 360. i don't intend on keeping last gen console, when i get a ps4 .
even at 260 I couldn't bite....

it's hard to justify spending $260 when you don't think there is a single title that is a must have on the system and only one title you feel is actually worth buying at this time :/

Does the PS4 version share trophies with the other versions? Does it have cross-save? I'm more likely going to keep my Vita copy because I'd rather play it sooner than later. A NG+ run through the PS4 version would be cool.
From what I can tell the game has 3 separate trophy lists, one for each platform.

Wow, does it offend you that much that someone might want the PS4 version over the Vita?

Also, "sit on it"? Are you the Fonz? :roll:
I don't think you read that as it was intended. The question was whether or not to cancel the Vita version for the PS4 one. I said if they want more ps4 games they should order the ps4 one, otherwise they shouldn't cancel the order they have. Ie they should sit on it and wait.

It's hard sometimes, but not everyone on the internet is a douchebag.

I don't think you read that as it was intended. The question was whether or not to cancel the Vita version for the PS4 one. I said if they want more ps4 games they should order the ps4 one, otherwise they shouldn't cancel the order they have. Ie they should sit on it and wait.

It's hard sometimes, but not everyone on the internet is a douchebag.
You're right, I misread it and I apologize.

Anyone know if any news on KH 2.5 will be getting LE/CE's? I know Asia/JP is getting the Starter Pack/LE (1.5 + 2.5)

A digital release would also benefit me too aha

No big deal :) I see it reading the other way just as easily, and I'm sorry it sounded like that.

And 'ey, that proves I'm not The Fonz because he can't even type the word wr ... wro ...

even at 260 I couldn't bite....

it's hard to justify spending $260 when you don't think there is a single title that is a must have on the system and only one title you feel is actually worth buying at this time :/
there was a code for an extra 50 off.

there was a code for an extra 50 off.
even then... it's looking far more likely that by the time I get a ps4 the retail price will be $300 bundled with a game and cowboom will be even cheaper.

There isn't really anything announced that interests me that isn't from square enix... and they will likely take a few more years to actually release some new games. (I'm also holding out hopes and dreams for a FF15 ps4 bundle that actually has special designs on it and what not)

even then... it's looking far more likely that by the time I get a ps4 the retail price will be $300 bundled with a game and cowboom will be even cheaper.

There isn't really anything announced that interests me that isn't from square enix... and they will likely take a few more years to actually release some new games. (I'm also holding out hopes and dreams for a FF15 ps4 bundle that actually has special designs on it and what not)
well it probably will happen during holiday sales next year. Why not just design your own FF15 decal to your liking to put on the ps4? As for a bundle with FF15 I highly doubt it as the current trend of consoles with a special design are catered toward first party games such as Microsoft with Halo, Gears of War, PS3/Vita God of War, and even then they just change the color of the system. But hey, if Sony can make a business deal with Activision for Bungies Destiny with a white console bundle then Sony would have to get with Square Enix make a business deal happen to do a bundle with maybe a color change. My concern would be what would they put on the ps4 design if any.

well it probably will happen during holiday sales next year. Why not just design your own FF15 decal to your liking to put on the ps4? As for a bundle with FF15 I highly doubt it as the current trend of consoles with a special design are catered toward first party games such as Microsoft with Halo, Gears of War, PS3/Vita God of War, and even then they just change the color of the system. But hey, if Sony can make a business deal with Activision for Bungies Destiny with a white console bundle then Sony would have to get with Square Enix make a business deal happen to do a bundle with maybe a color change. My concern would be what would they put on the ps4 design if any.
Oh I likely will have to just make my own decals, I am just holding out for that because I feel like that will finally be the time when I care enough to get a ps4.

I mean with games like persona 5 and tales of zestia coming out for the ps3 next year, I am in no hurry, and would rather have funds to get those day 1 instead of a system I won't actually play much.

Oh I likely will have to just make my own decals, I am just holding out for that because I feel like that will finally be the time when I care enough to get a ps4.

I mean with games like persona 5 and tales of zestia coming out for the ps3 next year, I am in no hurry, and would rather have funds to get those day 1 instead of a system I won't actually play much.
I'll more than likely buy a PS4 whenever FF15 is released. I bought a SNES for FF6, a PS1 for FF7, a PS2 for FFX, not to forget a PSP for FF7 Crisis Core. My 360 and my PS3 were the only consoles I never bought for a Final Fantasy game.

I'm with you. There are too many great games will coming out for the PS3 that I can wait. Plus, I'll be getting married in November and she might kill me if I buy one, lol.

Yeah honestly right now my PS4 doesn't get much play....that will change with Akiba's Trip and Destiny (only playing with friends, as this game I don't really like much so far), and Evolve and maybe even Natural Doctrine. If I didn't buy a PS4 when it first was released i'm not sure i'd own one yet. I would get one around the holiday season when all the console bundles are around. Still not a must have IMHO. Vita on the other hand......

Meh I am still picking up KH 2.5 day one, because it is my favorite game in the series. I was kind of hoping for another "artbook" case, so it would match my KH 1.5.

Yeah honestly right now my PS4 doesn't get much play....that will change with Akiba's Trip and Destiny (only playing with friends, as this game I don't really like much so far), and Evolve and maybe even Natural Doctrine. If I didn't buy a PS4 when it first was released i'm not sure i'd own one yet. I would get one around the holiday season when all the console bundles are around. Still not a must have IMHO. Vita on the other hand......
the reason i am tempted by the ps4 is the white colored destiny bundle console. since sony usually releases colored console later in the ps3 console life cycle. i am curious whether colored console system will be a trend for earlier release in the console cycle. maybe perhaps even a custom limited edition console like xbox 360 usually have.

the reason i am tempted by the ps4 is the white colored destiny bundle console. since sony usually releases colored console later in the ps3 console life cycle. i am curious whether colored console system will be a trend for earlier release in the console cycle. maybe perhaps even a custom limited edition console like xbox 360 usually have.
That console does look pretty sleek. I hope colored consoles become a more prominent trend again. I still want my Lime Green Vita in America, and the 3DSXL and 3DS seem to get new console designs every month. Black is cool and all, but colors are fun.

That console does look pretty sleek. I hope colored consoles become a more prominent trend again. I still want my Lime Green Vita in America, and the 3DSXL and 3DS seem to get new console designs every month. Black is cool and all, but colors are fun.
3ds xl/ 3ds is basically over saturated with new limited editions almost every year with nintendo. i would not surprise me if nintendo start releasing limited edition wii-us yearly too

I really wanted a matching art book case as well. Pin....don't care.
they said multiple times in the playstation blog that the limited edition of KH2.5 should have some sort of outerbox that makes it the same height as the 1.5 limited edition... likely in some way that holds the pin.

they said multiple times in the playstation blog that the limited edition of KH2.5 should have some sort of outerbox that makes it the same height as the 1.5 limited edition... likely in some way that holds the pin.
i thought it was a key chain at first glance, until i read the description on the picture. lol

Agreed....that was nice of them. I don't think a lot of people have PS4s...well at least among cheap people on here...haha. So it's good for all. Also my September and October are very packed already so I can wait for the PS4 release.

New Trailer as well:
Before new trailer almost no interest..after trailer..damn I am kinda interested, throw in a free soundtrack for ps3 and you'll have me..now how to explain a game where fighting makes clothes explode to the fiancé...

I'm glad they finally announced the PS4 version. I was holding off buying it in hopes it would also come across, so now the guessing game is gone, at least.

YBX87, on 24 Jul 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:
yah I been outta luck when trying to get different colored consoles, can only wait so long. this time I will buy games for the new generation if I see one and try and wait for the colored ones. even if you don't get the bundle, they already said they will come out with the white one this holiday season, signs are good that xbox will put a new color one out this year also, I am going to wait till they go past the black and white ones. I got my ps3 late in the life and a couple months later they come out with the blue one, very pissed.

I'm glad they finally announced the PS4 version. I was holding off buying it in hopes it would also come across, so now the guessing game is gone, at least.
yah I might get it later this but definitely getting the vita one. glad that its only been pushed back a week, figured it would be the end of august instead

FYI, for those who ordered the Persona Q CE from Best Buy when it was $50, I just received my gift card from Best Buy in the mail today.  They sent it to me to pay for the difference when I place a new order for the CE at the correct SKU.

FYI, for those who ordered the Persona Q CE from Best Buy when it was $50, I just received my gift card from Best Buy in the mail today. They sent it to me to pay for the difference when I place a new order for the CE at the correct SKU.
I got them to lower my price to $50 instead. My orders say it is the wild cards edition now. Hope this won't change

FYI, for those who ordered the Persona Q CE from Best Buy when it was $50, I just received my gift card from Best Buy in the mail today. They sent it to me to pay for the difference when I place a new order for the CE at the correct SKU.
i got one today hopefully the other one comes tomorrow

Atlus will be bringing Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord to the U.S. and leaving the Japanese audio in: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/25/atlus-nis-america-bringing-tears-tiara-ii-north-america-europe/

This is for Vita, right? The platform--as well as whether this will be a physical release or digital-only--isn't mentioned anywhere in the article.
That's awesome. Also Atlus and NIS America are teaming up to bring it to us? Did I miss an announcement on them buying out Atlus?

The only thing I can find for it are PS3 copies of the game. I'm not sure if a vita version exists, but I'm guessing it will be for the PS3.

Tears to Tiara II is a PS3 game, for those wondering. Also, I'm pretty sure NISA is publishing the game in Europe, which is why they are mentioned in the article (they've recently started publishing Atlus games over there).

I just came across this on crunchyroll.com

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/112414/AKIBAS-TRIP-Undead-Undressed-Mystery-Bundle?utm_campaign=ecommerce_dd&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email#Vita

You can pre-order Akiba's Trip for either PS3 or PSV from them for $39.99 and they also throw in a random game related item like a keychain, a game guide, a t-shirt, etc.

You'll have to pay shipping and it probably won't arrive on release day, but other than that it's a free item with the game at MSRP.

Atlus will be bringing Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord to the U.S. and leaving the Japanese audio in: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/25/atlus-nis-america-bringing-tears-tiara-ii-north-america-europe/

This is for Vita, right? The platform--as well as whether this will be a physical release or digital-only--isn't mentioned anywhere in the article.
I saw on nichegamer.net : "Atlus as confirmed to us that both regions will get a retail copy, while NIS America is handling the distribution duties in Europe. The game is a turn based strategy RPG, featuring over 80+ hours of gameplay, the original Japanese voices, and it will set you back $39.99"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back