Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm playing TITS on Steam and haven't run into any issues. The devs have already pushed multiple patches and the game just came out so they are definitely working on addressing any problems some people may be having. XSeed did a great job with the Ys releases on Steam so I have every confidence they'll keep working on TITS until everyone is able to play without issue.

Right now there's a glitch where if you have the high resolution fonts enabled it will crash if you talk to certain NPC's. That's the only problem I have experienced so far.
That should be fixed now (Though Patch #4 broke it for a bit until the first patch yesterday came out). 1920x1080 Windowed still crashes upon opening up the game and the opening video is screwy in Full Screen 1920x1080. Otherwise it's more or less fine.

Other than the two issues mentioned above, I've run into one chest at Sapphirl Tower 5th Floor that freezes the game when I talk to it after opening. It's only been that one so far though. The rest are all extremely minor things that don't really impede gameplay.

I'm playing at 1600x900 Windowed and then stretch it to 1920x1080 for fake Borderless Full Screen using this until I can launch 1920x1080 windowed and then turn it borderless with it:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WindowedBorderlessGaming

If you want to try and keep up-to-date on issues, check the stickied thread in the Steam forums for the game. They've been really good about updating things. S-Breaks outside of your turn properly now work with controllers now too thanks to a recent patch.

And I'm on Chapter 3 of 4 to give reference on how the issues have affected me. Haven't had much to do this week so I've been trucking through the game pretty quick.

never knew you could NOT cancel preorders.  Went in to cancel my  Disgaea 4  and they go   o we cant cancel that. You have to pay to ship it back to us

never knew you could NOT cancel preorders. Went in to cancel my Disgaea 4 and they go o we cant cancel that. You have to pay to ship it back to us

On NISA? I have never had problems as long as it was before release.
I have never had a problem canceling orders with NISA either. I ended up canceling both Disgaea 4 CE and Danganronpa 2 CE and they responded within a week and said they had taken care of everything.I will admit they were kind of slow when canceling the orders as when you go to update shipping information or apply promo codes they are really quick to do those.

Digimon All Stars looks like another me too Smash Bros clone....and not a very good one at that. Cyber Sleuth looks very neat though......I would much rather have that.

the digimon game doesn't even say if it will get a physical retail release. lol

tenkai-knights-brave-battle limited edition for the 3ds release on October 7th, 2014 in North America exclusive at target.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/31/tenkai-knights-brave-battle-limited-edition-announced/

this is for your vigilante, since you have so much target credit . LOL
I started reading that article hoping it was going to be along the lines of a new Custom Robo. I finished that article wanting someone to announce something along the lines of a new Custom Robo.

not even lego size red metallic Bravenwolf mini-figure?
mma_no_gif.gif

I started reading that article hoping it was going to be along the lines of a new Custom Robo. I finished that article wanting someone to announce something along the lines of a new Custom Robo.
Tenkai Knights does remind me of Custom Robo, but scaled back from an open arena to a closed one.

Nintendo please. It's about time. Wii didn't get a Custom Robo, but the Wii U should.
A new Custom Robo would be awesome. I played the heck out of the Gamecube version. Never tried the DS version though.

I played the Tenkai Knights demo at SDCC. It was so boring that I don't want anything to do with it again.

You also jump so high up that you can't see the ground, nor any frame of reference. You also can't change directions while in the air. So you can't stand next to a wall and jump straight up to get on a ledge. It's a pain in the ass all around.

Ah with today's Atlus email it mentioned the Marie DLC and in the picture for showing everything you get with the order it doesn't say more coming soon like it used to. Guess no prequel story DLC.....guess I'll finish the first game full on before going into the next one....was just going to play on the second one and re-do what I've done. They could surprise us though....eh still a decent amount of goodies and free DLC is great too.

Ah with today's Atlus email it mentioned the Marie DLC and in the picture for showing everything you get with the order it doesn't say more coming soon like it used to. Guess no prequel story DLC.....guess I'll finish the first game full on before going into the next one....was just going to play on the second one and re-do what I've done. They could surprise us though....eh still a decent amount of goodies and free DLC is great too.
No nitro. You must always have hope! Although, if we're going to have more DLC charavters, they'll be paid for sure

Nintendo please. It's about time. Wii didn't get a Custom Robo, but the Wii U should.
I was so bummed at E3 when Nintendo announced they would be talking about a new game involving customizable robots...and it wasn't a new Custom Robo.

slidecage, on 01 Aug 2014 - 4:41 PM, said:
i cancel my disgaea 4 le. Hell i got part 3 on the vita i never played yet. Then again i got 1 and 2 on psp (vita) that i have not played yet. So why waste 50 on the LE :)
agreed, not really into srpg's and this seems like its the same old same old, gotta be a fan to go for it, to much of a backlog plus upincoming to waste money on this, finally finished wolfenstien, despite its bugs, very fun and a lot of old school action, wish it had a new game plus though.

I've always wanted to love the Disgaea series ever since I saw my best friend play the first game. I even bought and put about 30 hours into D1, but just never seemed to find the motivation to put more into it. I think a part of me finds it hard to play a game for 100+ hours and not even play everything. Then again, I pay $40-$50 for a game and get that much playtime out of it; that can't be a bad thing.

I typically enjoy SRPGs, but I don't like the goal being "level to 1000 so you can fight the special bosses."
I consider Disgaea to be one of my favorite game series, and I tend to stop after I've completed the main story (I might screw around a little after that, but I've never bothered super leveling just to chase special bosses).

I consider Disgaea to be one of my favorite game series, and I tend to stop after I've completed the main story (I might screw around a little after that, but I've never bothered super leveling just to chase special bosses).
i played and beat the first one. I screwed up on the 2nd one (spent like 15 hours in item world what made the normal game way too easy. This was all on the ps2. never played them yet on my vita that much

Disgaea 1 was great. I haven't played 2, but 3 was absolutely crap. Dull story, but more importantly since the first game the gameplay had a number of really poor changes and the campaign maps were terrible. 4 has continued the bad trend and now the visuals are completely over the top with the crazy scatterings of color tiles everywhere and enemies growing to silly sizes. The first game got the balance right, but 3 and 4 not so much at all.

I've heard D2 (not Disgaea 2, but Disgaea D2, the follow-up to the original game that came out relatively recently) goes back to the original mechanics. I do want to give that a try. 

I've always liked Disgaea, but stopped buying them over the whole $50 worth of DLC thing.
it's why I get the ps3 versions and don't buy the dlc, and then get the vita versions with all of the dlc o.o;

it's worth it to me as it's one of my favorite series.

Nothing if you like to pay shipping worth a third of the item price. You can probably get that price from amazon if you want to wait. Also, Amazon has better return service.

So Natural Doctrine & Fairy Fencer F swapped release dates - ND is coming a week later, FFF a week ealier.   :p

http://gematsu.com/2014/08/natural-doctrine-fairy-fencer-f-trade-release-dates

Also, I put $5 down on Samurai Warriors 4 Anime Pack at GS yesterday.  I'll skip out on the 20% discount on this one (assuming BB ever puts it up) to keep from getting one that's been beat up.  Thanks for reminding me of BB's crappy shipping Supplice. :)

I'm so unsold on Natural Doctrine. It seems unpolished but fun, and hard as hell though you can work the system yourself, and good character graphics but kind of ugly for all the other graphics. Think I will just do the waiting game and wait for the PS4 version to crash in price and pick it up when it's $25 or something. I'm getting Danganronpa 2 LE, Disgaea 4 LE and FFF LE so NISA is getting so much of my of my money in a short period of time anyway. 

So Natural Doctrine & Fairy Fencer F swapped release dates - ND is coming a week later, FFF a week ealier. :p

http://gematsu.com/2014/08/natural-doctrine-fairy-fencer-f-trade-release-dates

Also, I put $5 down on Samurai Warriors 4 Anime Pack at GS yesterday. I'll skip out on the 20% discount on this one (assuming BB ever puts it up) to keep from getting one that's been beat up. Thanks for reminding me of BB's crappy shipping Supplice. :)
i say it gets pushed back again till late oct

whatever became of the

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 LE that was to come out. I would of got that in a second

Gamestop.com just sold out of the Tales of Xillia 2 Collector's Edition either yesterday night or early this morning. Sucks, because I was *just* about to preorder. Now I've got to deal with Ebay price gougers. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back