Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can't put quantity limits on product if you are a FBA seller unless something has changed very recently.
I think there actually was a working quantity limit from what other people reported (i.e. if you put 5 copies in the cart, it went down to 1 when you tried to check out), but if you used multiple accounts, you could have gotten more assuming you were quick enough.

I think there actually was a working quantity limit from what other people reported (i.e. if you put 5 copies in the cart, it went down to 1 when you tried to check out), but if you used multiple accounts, you could have gotten more assuming you were quick enough.
I should have specified per account. Some of the things we sell at work we only allow 1 per order but you can place 1,000 orders one at a time.

I have the platinum for it from the import. The difficulty is pretty similar to burst, but the fan service is there in bigger quantities and higher quality. Overall it's a much faster pace and has more characters (and playstyles) to choose from.

I did start to get bored with it towards the end. The platinum for the import wasn't difficult though. The most tedious thing is the Danganronpa style panty lottery that just requires spamming the lottery button until you collect them all.

Just watch some gameplay videos and decide for yourself really. I know nothing about the story since I played the import, but if you have any specific questions I can try to address them.
Thank you! I do have a few more questions:

1. How is the combo system in the game? What I really want to know is if the game devolves to just repeatedly doing one combo because it works. A major part of the tedium in Burst was just starting a combo, flinging them into an aerial combo, and ending it with a dive or ultimate attack. I'm wondering if SV avoids doing something similar.

2. How long did it take to get Platinum? Anything besides that lottery that was grindy? How long was the main story?

3. Is this game similar to Burst in that it is best experienced in short play sessions?

4. Not SV related, but have you played the latest in the series? I heard it was actually pretty in-depth and challenging, but it's for the 3DS this time.

I tried to test if they were enforcing the quantity limit by account or by shipping address. I tried to buy one using my wife's account after my first order went through, but it said that it couldn't ship to my default address on that account. So I figure that you would need to use a separate account *and* a separate shipping address to get more than one.

I should have specified per account. Some of the things we sell at work we only allow 1 per order but you can place 1,000 orders one at a time.
I was able to place 2 separate orders last night. 1 copy in each order. Didn't try multiple copies.

I normally buy 2 CEs, one to play, one to keep sealed. This time I am selling one on Amazon, I am one of those a$$holes.

Sorry

I tried to test if they were enforcing the quantity limit by account or by shipping address. I tried to buy one using my wife's account after my first order went through, but it said that it couldn't ship to my default address on that account. So I figure that you would need to use a separate account *and* a separate shipping address to get more than one.
The address issue I think came when their system got slammed, as many customers got the "address" message, and they hadn't even gotten one yet. I was going to try for 2, but I had my 2 computers set to the same account, so by the time I was able to re-log-in, the qty was gone(stupid me). At least I got one, and it shipped out today. I got the free shipping, so I hope it arrives in one piece.

SlxutFO.png

slidecage spotting lol 

And no free shipping either haha
hey, he does have the cheapest price on amazon, at least. im not knocking him i just thought it was funny to see our cag brethren up. im probably gonna sell mine too, but maybe in a couple months when everyone finishes battling each other on pricing and there are less on ebay/amazon. if the price plummits by then for some reason, ill just keep it

SlxutFO.png

slidecage spotting lol
Just trying to push the price down :) but if it sells it sells. If not got a nice little spot in my corner next to my sealed hack.1 with figures

looking in my basement i found 2 figures cant remember what game they came with. It came from japan but it was a preorder with game. some Mana game for the ps2. Anyone else remember what came with it or what game it was.

Also got to wonder if those watches from zero ESCAPE are worth anything (found 4 of them )

I don't begrudge anyone buying something, selling it or doing whatever they want with it. It is just the backhanded gloating and bragging that is getting to be a little much. Shouldn't that be in the shopping discussion section. It even says right on the description - "brag about great deals you've taken advantage of too."

Trolling through the use of these masturbatory posts is running rampant. People get off so much on trying to give people little digs. All the people acting repentant about selling it or having to sell their extra copy. The thread would be a much more friendly place if they just quietly scalped their goods. The show off threads in the shopping discussion section have a much better clientele.

Edit:

There were like 10 posts in 10 minutes. Mine is pretty much an observation on some of the people from earlier today and the people saying "sorry".

It worked when I added extras as separate orders on the same account.

$3.99 is the lowest shipping I was able to offer. I couldn't select free shipping for some reason.

I in no way expect to sell my copy at it's insane price, but if someone did buy it I would be thrilled.

Yea no worries. What you guys do with your copies is of no relation to others. Sure others will have opinions and judgments but if you want to sell it. Why not? It is just funny that with all the high prices there is still a shipping fee, even though it was stated that the option for free shipping was unavailable by kickalillas2. Just a funny thought. I was up at that time working on a paper and completely dozed off too. 3am eastern time. It really is "you snooze, you lose"

I was just going to use the case since my p4g case is starting to show its age. The insane inflation on the item temps me to keep it sealed though. 

looking in my basement i found 2 figures cant remember what game they came with. It came from japan but it was a preorder with game. some Mana game for the ps2. Anyone else remember what came with it or what game it was.
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say atelier Annie for the ds? Supposively the premium edition set sold by nis or was it the rosenqueen store back then was limited to 550?! http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002QMNFB6?pc_redir=1407156969&robot_redir=1

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say atelier Annie for the ds? Supposively the premium edition set sold by nis or was it the rosenqueen store back then was limited to 550?! http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002QMNFB6?pc_redir=1407156969&robot_redir=1
I'm pretty sure he is thinking of Mana Khemia with the Jess figure.

http://www.amazon.com/Mana-Khemia-Premium-Box-Playstation-2/dp/B00176HR8E

I brought the Jess figure earlier this year for less than $50.

(what is funny is I brought the game+the Jess figure at launch. sold it + regreted it + rebrought it)

I urge everyone to avoid buying secondhand copies. They will sink steadily in price, they should fall around 200 if not lower. Perhaps IF will nut up and do a reprint as well.

for those who have ordered from squares store na, have you had to worry about double charges because of preordering? worried because my preorder seems to be a charge and when the game comes outs, might see them charge me again.

I'm pretty sure he is thinking of Mana Khemia with the Jess figure.

http://www.amazon.com/Mana-Khemia-Premium-Box-Playstation-2/dp/B00176HR8E

I brought the Jess figure earlier this year for less than $50.

(what is funny is I brought the game+the Jess figure at launch. sold it + regreted it + rebrought it)
Yea thats the game where i got 2 of the figures left

I also had the Annie for the ds but the dog i had back then was a puppy and ate the heads off the little dolls ;)

Mine hasn't shipped yet. Has said "shipping now" since yesterday. Starting to get worried, but I see that my Prof. Layton pre-order hasn't shipped, either. Not sure what to think...

Mine hasn't shipped yet. Has said "shipping now" since yesterday. Starting to get worried, but I see that my Prof. Layton pre-order hasn't shipped, either. Not sure what to think...
I talked to an Amazon rep about that as well. Basically "shipping now" means that they're moving the product from one amazon warehouse to another. It'll only change to "shipped" after they hand it to a 3rd party to deliver it to you. For me I ordered Neptunia on 1-day shipping and it said shipping now until this morning because they spent a while moving it to a nearby warehouse and just moved to "shipped" today when they gave it to someone to deliver to me.

Wow, I can't believe Neptunia is selling at those prices.  It's really difficult not to consider putting my copy up at that price, especially since it could help offset the upcoming pre-orders of the other games.  This is just nuts!  I thought Ni No Kuni was crazy.

Wow, I can't believe Neptunia is selling at those prices. It's really difficult not to consider putting my copy up at that price, especially since it could help offset the upcoming pre-orders of the other games. This is just nuts! I thought Ni No Kuni was crazy.
I still think it's all hype. The game is decent but not that decent. Those numbers of only 1000 keep coming into people's minds and it's driving them to raise the price up. I agree that it will settle between $100 (this is my bet) and $200ish. Not bad of course but yeah I have to say now is the time to sell.

doubt there will be an Le from the same company
I don't doubt it. IF is the original publisher/developer in Japan. They started publishing their own titles in the US because they recently opened another branch here. They obviously need to iron out some major kinks to make things go more smoothly though.

Just trying to push the price down :) but if it sells it sells. If not got a nice little spot in my corner next to my sealed hack.1 with figures

Also got to wonder if those watches from zero ESCAPE are worth anything (found 4 of them )
Ooh, I would like at least one of those watches depending on price and condition. It would be fun to have one of each color, but it would have to be a hell of a deal. Shoot me a PM or something for what you want.

This is alright. I got confused and thought it was getting licensed.....I haven't played the rest but good for One Piece fans! Also early 2015 for Neptunia Rebirth 2 is cool. I will likely be done with Neptunia Rebirth 1 by then. I really do like playing RPGs on my Vita. It's easy to pick up and play then. If it has an LE, I will likely not expect it like this time. Just glad we're getting it but really wanted the Black Heart game (the Turn Based Strategy one). I'm sure we'll get it someday since so far Neptunia is a decent cash cow in general.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus might have been delayed--I just received an email from Best Buy saying the release date is now 10/14, two weeks after its original 9/30 release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back