Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is confusing. The 16gb Vita memory card sale says it doesn't start til 4pm, but right under that it tells me that I already missed the deal on it. I wonder which it is.

Never played a Tales game before, but the gameplay clips online haven't really sold me on it. I get your frustrations over Ys MoC, too. Bought it on release with the fancy LE, and have yet to beat it. It hasn't really grabbed me like I thought it would back when the hype was rolling for it pre-release. Too many tired tropes and the gameplay is just okay. Both Ys and from what I can gather from Tales of Hearts look and feel like a lesser version of Star Ocean: The Second Story battle system-wise.
The star ocean developers worked on the older Tales games iirc.

Great prices for both.
indeed, thus I bought two copies of freedom wars (one for me and my wife) the wolf among us (also vita on sale on best buy for $15) for $37 shipped thanks to GCU and the memory card for $42 shipped (took a while to get it to give me free shipping) so my wife can upgrade her vita memory from 4gb to 32 :p

sadly all the other games on sale in the best buy vita sale are not japanese games, and I didn't see anything else on anything else worth mentioning in this thread.

edit: not great sales but decent with GCU Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 is $32

Dragon's Crown $21.99 (note this game is $20 on amazon right now so only an ok deal if you have GCU)

Bummed I picked up FW on release. If I'd waited a few days I'd still be in the 30-day price guarantee period.

Grab it at $15 ($12 with GCU.)

Good luck price matching the 32gb. 

Does anyone know how save files work for stuff like Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us on Vita?  Specifically, can I copy my save file/storyline choices to PS3/4 (and vice-versa)?

I want to pick up Wolf Among Us, but I don't want to be in a situation where the second game might not come to Vita.

NIS Store Winter Sale is live.

http://store.nisamerica.com/holiday-sale-2014

They have some leftover Danganronpa 2 and Hyperdimension Neptunia PP limited editions, and a free Prinny ornament for orders over $40.
...And they don't even list everything on sale or provide a link to them? NISA's web team really needs help.

EDIT: Season 3 of Natsume's Book of Friends for $29.99 is great, but why is Season 4 still $55.99? :wall:

Thanks for the heads up on the NISA sale!  Grabbed a copy of the only NISA premium edition that I've missed out on - Witch and the 100 Knights.

God, I hate that new NISA website!  Anyway, looks like they still haven't made the $5 off discount codes they sent customers over the year able to work on the site yet.  And of course, no response from my email from 3 weeks ago about it.  Guess I will have to call them later today to see if I can get my $5 off codes reissued as I want to pick up a few things with this sale.

I wonder why the Nep plush didn't qualify for free shipping? I got it anyways, figuring it wouldn't last, but I'm pretty sure even Hotaru no Nikki had free shipping at that price.

Anyone know how many songs are on the soundtrack that comes with the Demon Gaze LE? That's the only thing holding me back at the moment.

Well, that and trying to get my NIS store coupons to work.

Is that price right for htoL#NiQ? $20 the regular price or is that actually discounted? Seems pretty cheap for a preorder. If I hadn't already gone way over budget I'd be snagging Disgaea 3 and 4 and Guided Fate Paradox, but for now those will have to wait.

Ordered Freedom Wars from Best Buy early this morning too. So glad you guys talked me into waiting. It's only been out about a month and it's almost two-thirds off with GCU.

Is that price right for htoL#NiQ? $20 the regular price or is that actually discounted? Seems pretty cheap for a preorder. If I hadn't already gone way over budget I'd be snagging Disgaea 3 and 4 and Guided Fate Paradox, but for now those will have to wait.

Ordered Freedom Wars from Best Buy early this morning too. So glad you guys talked me into waiting. It's only been out about a month and it's almost two-thirds off with GCU.
Yeah, $20 is the regular price. It's a digital-only game that had a limited physical release overseas, so NISA is doing the same for us.

After some thought, I decided to return my second copy of Persona Q. I'm really loving the game and it's probably GOTY for me. But I only bought the second copy so my sister could play it. Now that I know there are a ton of extra save files, I can just lend her mine when I'm done. At the rate I'm playing, I'll probably be done within a week anyway.

If you wanted, I could sell you the Guided Fate Paradox Premium Edition without the game so you just have the extras.

Ugh, I wish Amazon had a 'short period price match guarentee' like some stores do. Who'd have thought it'd be $15 today when it was a;ready on sale for $20 on Friday?

I got a game and they dropped the price from $20 to $10. I just ordered it again and will return the other one. I am a prime member so I dont pay shipping either way for the return.

You can price adjust as long as it's 7 days of shipment. Just contact customer service and you don't have to got through the trouble of buying, returning then rebuying.

You can price adjust as long as it's 7 days of shipment. Just contact customer service and you don't have to got through the trouble of buying, returning then rebuying.
That's gonna be YMMV. Amazon no longer has a post sale price adjustment policy and any "refunds" they are giving you are tracked as customer goodwill payments. If you request too many, your account can get closed down.

That's gonna be YMMV. Amazon no longer has a post sale price adjustment policy and any "refunds" they are giving you are tracked as customer goodwill payments. If you request too many, your account can get closed down.
Man I'm not keeping my prime next year at this rate....that ain't cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back