Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't our version of SAO also poorly translated? :???:
2552900-9183138184-85512.jpg

Looks good to me

Yes. The Asian version had a physical release. It was discussed here before the digital release in the States. Note that the Asian version is not the Japanese version.

The translation got a little bit better after some patches.
It surely did. In contrast to nearly every other post about SAO here, I'm fairly sure it has a better translation than the Asian version. I've put in ~70 hours so far, and while it has poor english, it's very understandable. At times, it wasn't even noticable. Either way, don't let it detract from the game itself. It's really fun, and it's one of the longest Vita games in terms of content!

It surely did. In contrast to nearly every other post about SAO here, I'm fairly sure it has a better translation than the Asian version. I've put in ~70 hours so far, and while it has poor english, it's very understandable. At times, it wasn't even noticable. Either way, don't let it detract from the game itself. It's really fun, and it's one of the longest Vita games in terms of content!
Wow, that's good to hear. I'll keep waiting for a ~$15 sale price, though.

There are very few big releases for VIta next year in JP besides Cyber Sleuth and SAO. If the Vita magically received a Monster Hunter game I'm certain that would be the biggest seller on the platform. In NA/EU a mainstream series like AC, CoD, GoW, etc. is required to boost sales. Recently many niche games have been localized, but those can't compete with the games on the 3DS (in terms of sales).
They're still getting Phantasy Star Nova, Persona 4: DAN, Kantai Collection and Gundam breaker 2. Vita is already dead in the US cause SCEA hates it, and thinks it can survive on indies.

Based XSEED, Aksys, NISA and TK keeping the Vita alive

He's working as a farmer at that point in the game. It's supposed to say "plowing."
[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]lol, that's a great change out of context. "Plowing seems too crass, what other word can we use?"[/SIZE]

They're still getting Phantasy Star Nova, Persona 4: DAN, Kantai Collection and Gundam breaker 2. Vita is already dead in the US cause SCEA hates it, and thinks it can survive on indies.

Based XSEED, Aksys, NISA and TK keeping the Vita alive
I'm sure P4:DAN will come here.

23 new Vita games in NA last month. It's doing alright.
Yup, I have bought way more vita titles in the last few months then any other console..

I am likely going to continue that trend though feb... and I am just talking retail titles as I don't buy indie games on the vita... that is what I have a pc for :p

Has anyone ordered Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars recently from Amazon? I was wondering if it's the first print edition with the soundtrack/art book, if that's the case i would pull the trigger right now. The 3DS version is $20, and VITA is $23. 

Has anyone ordered Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars recently from Amazon? I was wondering if it's the first print edition with the soundtrack/art book, if that's the case i would pull the trigger right now. The 3DS version is $20, and VITA is $23.
Like other said it will depend on the warehouse.

I ordered a Vita copy a couple weeks back and it was the first print run.

For those of you who missed out on Tales of Xillia 2 for $20. KMart has it for $20 and I think free shipping/in-store pick up:

KMART

Tales of Xillia 2

Also, do not know if this is a good price but they also have Aksys Games Hakuoki:Stories of/Shinsengumi Limited Ed for $49.76 with free shipping. If anyone wants that

Aksys Games Hakuoki:Stories of/Shinsengumi Limited Ed
It's slightly cheaper on the Aksys website using their 30% off code GIFT.

Comes out to $35 plus $10 shipping, or order some more stuff and get free shipping over $75.

http://store.aksysgames.com/

Sweet! Just got my shipping confirmation e-mail from VideoGamesPlus.ca on my order of Class of Heroes 2G.
Thanks for the info, didn't know they were selling it. Also. Lighting Returns FF 13-3 is back to $14.99 on Amazon. First for the 360 version though.

Does Best Buy price match their own website?  I stopped at BB yesterday and they had five copies of Drakengard 3.  I knew it was $20 online, but when I tried to price match the blue shirt said it was $30 and then the manager backed him up.

Does Best Buy price match their own website? I stopped at BB yesterday and they had five copies of Drakengard 3. I knew it was $20 online, but when I tried to price match the blue shirt said it was $30 and then the manager backed him up.
They're supposed to:

We match BestBuy.com prices on in-store purchases and in-store prices on BestBuy.com purchases.
You need to set that store straight.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon being localized for US. Likely to come out in Spring 2015.

Link

Awesome I can't wait! My favorite of the dungeon games is still Shiren the Wanderer though the older Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games were fun too.  

Etrian Mystery Dungeon being localized for US. Likely to come out in Spring 2015.

Link

Awesome I can't wait! My favorite of the dungeon games is still Shiren the Wanderer though the older Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games were fun too.
I hope EO2; Untold gets localized. Weird how this got announced first.

Link

chocobo's dungeon 2 is my favorite.... I really wish more dungeon games were co op :(

I hope EO2; Untold gets localized. Weird how this got announced first.
It got leaked by play-asia and Atlus confirmed and went with it. I'm sure they will announce EO2:U soon enough.

I think the only mystery dungeon game that I played that I just didn't enjoy was the newest 3DS Pokemon Mystery dungeon game. The demo was easy as heck and I didn't like the graphics and I was just bored the whole time playing the demo. If I ever find it $10 or less i'll pick it up though.

[quote name="cgxcswim" post="12297507" timestamp="1417652399"]Got my Class of Heroes 2G in the mail today, #0038.[/quote]

So jelly. Wish I didn't miss out on this

Any way to track the package?
I don't believe they are sending out shipping notices. According to their forums, all of the US copies should have been sent out by today and the international and Canada copies will be shipping out tomorrow and Friday. In any event, if you're in the US, you should receive yours in the next few days.

This isn't a niche Japanese game, but I feel like limited physical editions are much appreciated here. I haven't tried this game yet, but I'm a sucker for limited print runs and ordered one.

http://gematsu.com/2014/11/retro-city-rampage-dx-getting-limited-ps4-retail-release?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

EDIT: Link was truncated, so it isn't obvious - It's Retro City Rampage DX for PS4
I had to come back to thank you for telling us about this! I bought it on impulse because I really liked the game and I like having limited edition things. I just got my copy in the mail today and now I see these are already selling for around $150 on eBay!

I had to come back to thank you for telling us about this! I bought it on impulse because I really liked the game and I like having limited edition things. I just got my copy in the mail today and now I see these are already selling for around $150 on eBay!
Man the prices idiots....I mean people will pay. Nowhere worth that haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back