Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a Tsundere. Stay away if you want to be alive

Tsundere_yuno.jpg
I don't know what B-Baka means :(

So I'm getting three different definitions on tsundere from you guys. Crazy, bitchy and cold. All are fairly different, lol. Maybe tsundere is all three?

Kinda reminds me of one of my exes, who was a bi-polar christian girl. We were sexually active, but she was apparently conflicted and would bring up her christian faith sometimes after we'd fool around. One time she shoved me on the bed and jumped on top of me, so I asked her "what about Jesus?" and she replied, "fuck JESUS!". That was one of her more sane days, too.

Ah..good... well... just times. Ah, times.

So I'm getting three different definitions on tsundere from you guys. Crazy, bitchy and cold. All are fairly different, lol. Maybe tsundere is all three?

Kinda reminds me of one of my exes, who was a bi-polar christian girl. We were sexually active, but she was apparently conflicted and would bring up her christian faith sometimes after we'd fool around. One time she shoved me on the bed and jumped on top of me, so I asked her "what about Jesus?" and she replied, "fuck JESUS!". That was one of her more sane days, too.

Her name wasn't Briana was it? Sounds like a girl I used to date who lived in blue springs for a while.

Huniepop almost looks interesting enough to try out. Almost.

she sounds like she is on the path to becoming a yandere

To help clear up tsundere and yandere.

Tsundere is cold and distant but actually loving and warm once you get to know him/her.

Levels of cold to warm vary by character. Some are more distant, some are only cold for a short time before showing the affectionate side.

Yandere is usually mentally ill levels of obsession/infatuation with someone. They will even go as far as to kill their object of affection to keep them from ending up with someone else.

Obviously there are various levels of both of these tropes.

And then there are characters that are just mean without the dere part. (The dere is the love/caring part).

Tsundere is when the girl has an attraction to you but hides it by being very mean & tough on you. She dose this cause she is afraid of being hurt by you if you happen not to like her back & doesn't want to show weakness. But after some time to better know each other the girl comes around and open ups to you, thus becoming a sweet loving girl towards you but usually only in private.

Beat Persona Q, finally.

Main gripe is how useless most skills are. The light/dark insta-kills take care of any non-FOE/boss. Then for 95% of the FOEes/bosses, poison does more damage per round than everyone else combined, partially due to the lack of weaknesses.

Most skills ended up being even more useless, because of the RNG causing everything to miss, including agility binds.

Upgrading demons was pointless 80% of the time, because the best skills never carry over, and you often end up with demons that gave less HP/SP. I didn't get switch demons from like mid 50s til early 70s.

Aigis, while being an awesome tank, was unnecessary.

Died on the last boss the first time, cause I apparently got bad RNG (low tick-counters, mostly 3s). Second time was a breeze, cause I had higher counters (1x 5, 1x 7, and 3x 6s). And of course, it helped that one round took off half it's health. Yoshitsune was the turning point of making poison useless for me. Hassou Tobi + buffs + Heroic Gemini literally did like 3-4k damage in one turn.

Kanji is way OP on bosses, and Naoto on normal mobs.

Yuno is the best yandere out there.

There is a vn out there where the entire female cast are yanderes. Lol

Anyone beat Freedom Wars? Is it worth to play the story mode or wait for a fran.

Edit: Out of all the jrpg in my vita backlog i started with that game ):. 

Anyone beat Freedom Wars? Is it worth to play the story mode or wait for a fran.

Edit: Out of all the jrpg in my vita backlog i started with that game ):.
I'd go ahead and start playing the story mode of FW, simply because you must earn the right to play online by doing so. The premise and characters carry the single player mode, as the actual story itself is merely servicable at best, with a tendency to bog the action down at worst.

My only word of warning is that there is a pretty sizable hump early on in CODE 2 that might test your patience. It's one of the most blatant exposition dumps I've seen in a game in a long time.

I'd go ahead and start playing the story mode of FW, simply because you must earn the right to play online by doing so. The premise and characters carry the single player mode, as the actual story itself is merely servicable at best, with a tendency to bog the action down at worst.

My only word of warning is that there is a pretty sizable hump early on in CODE 2 that might test your patience. It's one of the most blatant exposition dumps I've seen in a game in a long time.
Are you talking about that insanely long string of fetch quests because holy fuck that was the worst and almost made me stop playing.

It's seriously like a solid hour of running back and forth between identical-looking areas, plus having to stop and wait for your accessory every now and then so you don't get fined.

I know this isn't the XBLA deals thread but can anybody attest to the quality of the following XBLA games that are on sale this week: Moon Diver, 0 Day Attack on Earth, Final Fantasy Crystal Defenders and Yosumin? Space Invaders Infinity Gene is also on the list but I already bought that. I'm only asking because these games were developed in Japan.

With this 10% off your cart code coming this weekend. What are some good PSN downloadable only JRPG games to get? I am going to pickup Sword Art Online for sure but was wondering about others.

With this 10% off your cart code coming this weekend. What are some good PSN downloadable only JRPG games to get? I am going to pickup Sword Art Online for sure but was wondering about others.
Can you play Sword Art Online on PlayStation TV?

I am thinking about getting either:

* Sword Art Online

* Pier Solar and the Great Architects

* Resident Evil HD Remake

I know this isn't the XBLA deals thread but can anybody attest to the quality of the following XBLA games that are on sale this week: Moon Diver, 0 Day Attack on Earth, Final Fantasy Crystal Defenders and Yosumin? Space Invaders Infinity Gene is also on the list but I already bought that. I'm only asking because these games were developed in Japan.
I am not sure how the sony version plays on FF Crystal Defenders, but it was a horrible waste of money on my android tablet. The gameplay feels very rushed and the difficulty ramps very quickly. It's really just lip service for those who like final fantasy and tower defense. There are other tower defense games I would recommend before this one (mainly defense grid 2 and fieldrunners). Overall, I prefer the touch screen for tower defense, or a mouse. You don't really have that on a console.

is the code one time use or can it be used multiple times?  

on the subject of crystal defenders played the demo its ok but not something I,d pay for.

hmm I don't even know what I want off psn.   

club nintendo coming to an end,

• April 1st 2015: From this date, Nintendo will no longer include product registration cards with its packaged games, so such products cannot be registered in Club Nintendo. You may still find product registration cards in games that were in stock before this date, however.
  • April 20th 2015: Termination of the registration of digital products downloaded from Nintendo eShop. Digital products obtained from Nintendo eShop after this date will no longer appear in the My Registered Games & Systems page in Club Nintendo. In addition, surveys for download software titles will no longer be available.
  • September 30th 2015: End of Club Nintendo programme. All Club Nintendo features, such as signing up as a new member, logging in as a registered member, earning Stars, and exchanging Stars for items from the Stars Catalogue will no longer be possible from this date.
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/20/club-nintendo-shutting-details/
That's the EU schedule. Our schedule is a bit worse in that we get nothing new to register starting today.

http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

1/20/2015

-Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo

3/31/2015

-Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership

6/30/2015

-Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.

That's the EU schedule. Our schedule is a bit worse in that we get nothing new to register starting today.

1/20/2015

-Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo

3/31/2015

-Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership

6/30/2015

-Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.
another dagger to nintendo

1/20/2015

3/31/2015

6/30/2015

Woohoo!!

"Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. "

:wall:

I am not sure how the sony version plays on FF Crystal Defenders, but it was a horrible waste of money on my android tablet. The gameplay feels very rushed and the difficulty ramps very quickly. It's really just lip service for those who like final fantasy and tower defense. There are other tower defense games I would recommend before this one (mainly defense grid 2 and fieldrunners). Overall, I prefer the touch screen for tower defense, or a mouse. You don't really have that on a console.
FFCD was not that good. It felt very forced, like you can't come up with your own strategy but rather that you have to put specific characters in specific places to succeed. I like TD games, but I can't really recommend FFCD unless you get it on a pretty good discount. Way more than 10% IMO. It was on sale not that long ago, actually. $4.99 in August. I'd wait at least to see if it gets discounted in the yearly Final Fantasy sale, though it hasn't the past couple of years it might this time since it was just on sale recently.

Is the PS TV worth $65? It's on sale today only on eBay and it's tempting the hell out of me. Don't have a Vita.
If there are enough compatible games that work with it in which you are interested, then yes so long as you don't care about only being playable on a television. However I do prefer using a PS4 controller with it, which is nice. Though it does have some issues with touchscreen imitation, but most games don't really use it much if at all as far as I know.

Games that I know don't work on it yet are:

- Ys: Memories of Celceta

- Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (Weird bug with the digital copy that prevented me from opening it on PS TV)

- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth

- Disgaea 3

Frisky is keeping a thread in the PSP/Vita forum somewhat updated on what works on it in NA.

Just keep in mind, you'll need a memory card (Expensive proprietary shit). Decently sized if you don't want to delete and download on a regular basis.

Wait, To Heart 2: Dungeon Travelers? WTF was the game I bought...

Edit: Dungeon Travelers 2 with the To Heart characters. Wow, talk about confusing.

If there are enough compatible games that work with it in which you are interested, then yes so long as you don't care about only being playable on a television. However I do prefer using a PS4 controller with it, which is nice. Though it does have some issues with touchscreen imitation, but most games don't really use it much if at all as far as I know.

Games that I know don't work on it yet are:

- Ys: Memories of Celceta

- Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus

- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth

- Disgaea 3

Frisky is keeping a thread in the PSP/Vita forum somewhat updated on what works on it in NA.

Just keep in mind, you'll need a memory card (Expensive proprietary shit). Decently sized if you don't want to delete and download on a regular basis.
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus will work on the PS TV. I can confirm, because I have been playing it for the past two weeks on my PS TV.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus will work on the PS TV. I can confirm, because I have been playing it for the past two weeks on my PS TV.
Just checked and mine wouldn't launch still. Found out it's some stupid thing with the digital copy of it where you need to go to the Playstation Store icon in the bottom left, then close it and it works since hitting refresh didn't work for me. So now it's working for me. Maybe I'll finally get around to playing it.

Regardless, edited my earlier post.

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy is coming to North America on April 14th. It will compatible on Playstation TV as well.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5wvJpuk3dc[/media]

Anyone here ever happen to deal with Rose Colored Gaming?

I bought one of their Gameboy Color 'Light's fairly recently. It looks great, but the speaker is failing as some do in old Gameboy Colors.

I've been trying to contact them for a return, but they're really slow to respond (I first contacted them about it 8-9 days ago and haven't heard a thing). I've seen complaints about their customer service and work quality on some older forums, but didn't really heed the warning.

So.. Consider this a warning? :p

So this is what it's like to trigger my autism

As for the 10% code, unless there's a sale(I doubt it), best use is probably a new release like Ayesha or something that never goes on sale like DLC.
already have ayesha thus why I'm wondering. I'm thinking child of light maybe

Not all the discounts are live, but there is a Square Enix sale on PSN.

I've been waiting for The 3rd Birthday to go on sale for a while, will be picking that up.

Child of Light was quite good. Very much like playing a story book, and the battle system has a nice swap member element like FFX. You have two party members on screen at a time, but you can replace them as you wish in order to cover for low health, better target enemy weaknesses, etc.. Plus the battle system has a nice active time management component that lets you slow the enemy and prevent the enemy from attacking by interrupting them before they can.

The first hour or so is a bit slow, but when you learn to fly things take off pretty quick after that.

Anyone here ever happen to deal with Rose Colored Gaming?

I bought one of their Gameboy Color 'Light's fairly recently. It looks great, but the speaker is failing as some do in old Gameboy Colors.

I've been trying to contact them for a return, but they're really slow to respond (I first contacted them about it 8-9 days ago and haven't heard a thing). I've seen complaints about their customer service and work quality on some older forums, but didn't really heed the warning.

So.. Consider this a warning? :p
You know the person is a CAG, right? Maybe try messaging him here.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/335770-wiggyx/

You know the person is a CAG, right? Maybe try messaging him here.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/user/335770-wiggyx/
I didn't know, thanks. I'll try contacting them if I don't hear back through the site soon. I doubt they'd intentionally ignore someone, but after reading some (much older) complaints from other forums I wasn't so sure. I'm guessing they're busy with Star Fox 2 and other projects. I can imagine checking customer complaints is much less interesting than building something cool.

Child of Light was quite good. Very much like playing a story book, and the battle system has a nice swap member element like FFX. You have two party members on screen at a time, but you can replace them as you wish in order to cover for low health, better target enemy weaknesses, etc.. Plus the battle system has a nice active time management component that lets you slow the enemy and prevent the enemy from attacking by interrupting them before they can.

The first hour or so is a bit slow, but when you learn to fly things take off pretty quick after that.
I agree with you completely. Child of Light was one of those games that ended up being a complete surprise. I ended up beating it within 4 days and that was only because I was away from the house for a day and a half. I seriously never put it down. The music was fantastic as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back