Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping someone in here can clarify something for me real quick. I know there is an Asian physical release of Soul Sacrifice Delta that has English text and subtitles. What I'm not sure about is if that is some special version, or if that's just how the Asian release of the game is. The info I'm finding online isn't clear, and I want to be sure before I drop $50 on it.
Chinese version is NOT English version. Also the game has online pass so will need Asian PSN account.

I received my LE. It was more fast than NISA.

you must live out in cali. we are not getting ours till friday... Wow just check tracking and maybe tomorrow it went from LA to indy in 12 hours... Too bad indy is still 3 hours away and good chance it still will not get here till friday. Did they at least ship them in boxes with enough room or cram them into small boxes. The bottom of your box looks deformed like it was crushed or smashed

Correct, but it is sold out on play asia, yesasia, and ebay.
Yeah, I'm seeing that it's a bitch to find now. I'll be playing the US digital version, so I can import in from the original, so I'm in no rush. I'll just have to be patient with eBay.

Lucky you.
wbmjkxC.jpg

I've never read any of the manga or seen any of the anime, would I still be able to enjoy One Piece World Unlimited Red? I've been tempted on it and using my PUR I can get it for just a few bucks.

I've never read any of the manga or seen any of the anime, would I still be able to enjoy One Piece World Unlimited Red? I've been tempted on it and using my PUR I can get it for just a few bucks.
That game is far, far more enjoyable if you are at least familiar with the characters. It's a really repetitive and mediocre game--with a combat system that is just a gimped version of Pirate Warriors. I ended up enjoying it anyway because of the bright visuals and because I like One Piece. I would never recommend it to someone that's not already into One Piece, though.

More than likely in most Atlus titles lately, any bonuses are 1st print runs and not retailer exclusive. Its not just GS/AMZ that has it, NewEgg also has it too. But since you mention Best Buy, who knows, but if you're worried, here's a visual cue what the "Launch Edition" should look like...

pur_09.png

yea i figure its universal but BBY's site doesn't mention it at all... anyone know for sure? I guess i can just pre order it there and have one at GS or something as a backup to be safe

whats this? I heard of noire, but not this one. Is it an SRPG like noire?

*Edit* forgot to ask, does gamestop still have a free shipping code? Was thinking of snagging a few games in that sale

yea i figure its universal but BBY's site doesn't mention it at all... anyone know for sure? I guess i can just pre order it there and have one at GS or something as a backup to be safe

whats this? I heard of noire, but not this one. Is it an SRPG like noire?
I think it's more like Senran Kangran and Dynasty Warriors

I think it's more like Senran Kangran and Dynasty Warriors
yea i actually watched a short video and it looked... odd. like a very slow dynasty warriors or something? Anyone played it or seen longer videos of it? Also noticed Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX on amazon. Is this a rythm game too? Looked at some videos and it looks like it is but with touch controls thrown in and voice commands too it seems. If thats the case, does it have a difficulty setting? I think my niece would enjoy it but i remember project diva being REALLY hard. No way she can play it if its that hard

hell, what are the games that have been announced in the last month or two i may have missed? seems ive fallen behind on whats coming out

hah.. well so much for asking for a shipping code @ GS everythings in store only. Actually i was only able to hold 3 games it seems. Past that any time i try to do one i get an error. Is there a limit on how many games you can hold?

hah.. well so much for asking for a shipping code @ GS everythings in store only. Actually i was only able to hold 3 games it seems. Past that any time i try to do one i get an error. Is there a limit on how many games you can hold?
I asked that in the GS 3 for 10 thread and someone said yes. Had the same problem.

I'm with zaku on you might not enjoy it as much. It does cover alot of the series too so if you did play it that would likely spoil near everything.

Figured I'd ask this here. I'm thinking about importing a Japanese vita, since they have special editions/colors. Are there any other reliable sites besides yesasia and play Asia I could look into?

Figured I'd ask this here. I'm thinking about importing a Japanese vita, since they have special editions/colors. Are there any other reliable sites besides yesasia and play Asia I could look into?
off the top of my head? there is also ncsx.com and uh.......thinking.....thinking....too early in the day for me, sorry

NCSX in New York is where I got mine, and there service is excellent.

http://www.shopncsx.com/hardware-9.aspx,

Since their in the states, you can get pretty decent shipping at a good rate. I have also heard they will take returns for dead pixels and such, although I have never tried to myself.

So this question isn't Japanese niche, but I figured this might be the best place to ask.  Does anyone know if there was a release of Resident Evil (Biohazard) HD Remaster for PS4 that was physical in Japan/Asia regions?  I recall reading an article that they were the only region getting a physical disc edition, but I can't seem to find it anywhere (all I find is the physical pack that has the DLC code and a soundtrack disc).

So this question isn't Japanese niche, but I figured this might be the best place to ask. Does anyone know if there was a release of Resident Evil (Biohazard) HD Remaster for PS4 that was physical in Japan/Asia regions? I recall reading an article that they were the only region getting a physical disc edition, but I can't seem to find it anywhere (all I find is the physical pack that has the DLC code and a soundtrack disc).
As far as I know, the ps4 release only came with a code and not a disk if you bought a physical copy (sort of like minecraft vita in the US).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back