Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my CE of htoL in today, along with the Big Hero 6 Steelbook. Noire came in on Saturday:

bUF0ssZ.png

Sorry for the big pic. I'm not sure how to make it smaller. ; ;
How was the packing job on the steelbook?

When I bought the Days of Future Past metal pak from Target, they shipped it to me in an unpadded envelope that was basically an opaque plastic bag. It came all dented up for me. Hopefully they did a better job with yours.

Was about to post this.

The big highlight for me is RORONA PLUS, finally on sale, and for a less than I was willing to pay.

Rorona Plus, Totori Plus, and Meruru Plus are all going to be $15.99 for PS+.

Project Diva f 2nd will be $20 (meh).

Re;birth 1 $16 (meh).

Monster Monpiece $12 (meh).

Sword Art Online $16 (meh).

Tales of Hearts R $20 (tempted).

Virtue's Last Reward $7.50 (really glad I procrastinated and didn't buy it this week)
Some of those meh's should be must buys!

hey if anyone is playing monster monpiece and wants to grind some online battles for wins and packs PM me!

we'll let each other win back and forth, and set the HQ health to 1, should go quick, and some easy card packs. 

I just got my CE of htoL in today, along with the Big Hero 6 Steelbook. Noire came in on Saturday:

bUF0ssZ.png

Sorry for the big pic. I'm not sure how to make it smaller. ; ;

When I bought the Days of Future Past metal pak from Target, they shipped it to me in an unpadded envelope that was basically an opaque plastic bag. It came all dented up for me. Hopefully they did a better job with yours.

My question went unanswered in the PSN thread - so I figured I'd ask in here too:
Is the PS4 region free and can I earn trophies on imported games as normal? Thanks in advance.
(I want to import a game from the UK shop, Zavvi.)
Yes, the PS4 is region free, and yes, you can earn trophies on imported games regardless of your region.

My question went unanswered in the PSN thread - so I figured I'd ask in here too:
Is the PS4 region free and can I earn trophies on imported games as normal? Thanks in advance.
I believe it will work like the ps3 and vita. Games can be played on any console regardless of region, but the DLC you purchase must match the region of the game.

Reminder that the PSN spend $100 get $15 back should be good until tomorrow night. So as long as you purchase tomorrows goldmine before midnight, you should be able to get in on the extra $ back. I'll be picking up the Ateliers for sure. Maybe SAO, Miku, and/or HeartsR.

Yeah, it's region free, and you'll earn trophies. Some import games have separate trophy lists, some don't; you can check that on Playstation trophies pretty easily. Save games are tied to the region of the game, so a save from the UK version won't work with a US version of the same game. DLC is also restricted by region. So you can't buy DLC from the North American PSN and have it work with a PAL version of the game. So you'll need an EU account to buy DLC on--if you want any. Just make your PS4 the primary console for it, and then that DLC will work with all accounts. So that way you can still use your regular account for the saves/trophies, and just use the EU account as a DLC slave. Again, that whole part is assuming you actually want/need any DLC for the game.

Darn, then I guess I'll just have to wait.

I'm in Ca nothing for me

Just an email last week saying payment received
you guys are lucky to even get an email, mine just showed up today, already screwed me over with two fireflys and no criminal, luckily when i called the corporate number, got a hold of somebody who is fixing this and sending criminal out today, was even able to cancel the screwed up orders from last year so i stop getting the spam emails, didnt want to get on here about the lack of repsonse on this and no responses from my january email and voice mail to no where call, she said they are behind, seems shady since it was over a month ago, but other people having problems should call the coporate number at the bottom of the regular page

Still no shipping email from NISA about Firefly Diary LE. Was effected by the payment issue, resent it manually the same day I got the email and got a confirmation response back a few hours later. Nothing shows up in my order history on NISA's website though, that normal?

Got my Hyperdevotion today...

TULY6Pc.jpg

I emailed to try to get an exchange. From their webpage it looks like they have a process for it so I have high hopes.
Iffys Online Store responded to me apologizing for the damage and they will be shipping a new one with a pre-paid return label. I'm pretty impressed with their store so far. Also, I noticed that ReBirth;2 LE is oos.

Iffys Online Store responded to me apologizing for the damage and they will be shipping a new one with a pre-paid return label. I'm pretty impressed with their store so far. Also, I noticed that ReBirth;2 LE is oos.
i have some damage to my box as well, BUT will not bug them this time, I forgot to cancel my 2 LE order and it sihpped they sent me a return label and ate the 13 bucks shipping.

And even then, Rorona Plus physical is PS3 only, not Vita.
Speaking of which, is there any save-data bonus for having a Rorona Plus file when playing Totori Plus or Meruru Plus? I have the physical version of Rorona Plus on PS3, but if there's no significant benefit from playing it on Vita, I might get just the latter two from tomorrow's sale rather than all three.

i have some damage to my box as well, BUT will not bug them this time, I forgot to cancel my 2 LE order and it sihpped they sent me a return label and ate the 13 bucks shipping.

Just got my Firefly Diary LE in the mail, even though the order's still processing. No shipping email either, but they did just send me an invoice for the Fate Ultimatum LE today.

2uicbq8.jpg

Did you get a shipment notification email for htoL? I still haven't received any updates on my standard edition.
I received a notification on Friday with a tracking number.

It came in some cardboard envelope with no padding whatsoever. I was nervous because my Lucy steelbook came in the same thing, and had some dents. I was really glad that this one came in perfect condition.

I didn't get any confirmation for hotl shipment either but I remember most of my shipments arrived a day before release and the shipping email came after it was delivered lately.  Hoping that is the case again.

My Firefly Diary LE came today with no shipping notice. Too bad it sounds like the game is a dud.
It's not like the game was going to be any different from the Japanese version, which had impressions readily available online when NISA announced its localization. I was aware of the (extremely) punishing gameplay, but the atmosphere and very unique aesthetic were still intriguing enough for me to preorder it.

WOW, since reading the last few updates, I decided to go check the mail, and my Firefly arrived as well. No shipping email or anything. That's cool I got it before release.

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

worth playing

Got the LE off a 99 gamers but dont know to open and play it or keep it sealed and hope it goes  UP

nevermind opened it. Maybe sell off the extras  or something.  extras really suck. 

rebrith 2 never went up yet so i doubt this will since even less would want it

Checked my mail today and I too got my htoL#NiQ LE. No shipment confirmation or anything.

Also, anyone have an opinion on Valhalla Knights 3? I heard the game was a bit of a dud but for $6 I'm tempted to give it a whirl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back