Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sadikyo']Just an FYI that Amazon has Contact (DS) for $8.31. If you have Prime or use FSSS this is a pretty good deal. This is directly through Amazon, not a third-party seller. 117 copies left.[/QUOTE]

Nice price! Thanks for the heads up! I've seen this game compared to Earthbound although I've heard it is also not as good. Anyone play this?

[quote name='sadikyo']Just an FYI that Amazon has Contact (DS) for $8.31. If you have Prime or use FSSS this is a pretty good deal. This is directly through Amazon, not a third-party seller. 117 copies left.[/QUOTE]

FYI. I just picked up Contact (DS) for $5.99 prime eligible from amazon warehouse deals in used - like new condition.

[quote name='jughead']OT- Hey! Steven's Point, WI has 24 packs of 16 ounce Natty Light for $11.99. I got some back in July. That is a steal if you can stand Natty! It is my binge drinking beer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, back when I used to drink that's the shit we used for beer bongs. :p

[quote name='MaelstromB']That's because Amazon charges an outrageous commission fee for each sale. So inevitably, in order for private sellers to survive on Amazon, they pass those fees onto the consumers. And most times they're simply breaking even. I can vouch as someone who has sold just a few items on there randomly, only to see their huge fees take a huge chunk off of the final sale price. It almost entirely negates prospective small amateur sales. Ebay is not much better either after you get the final listing fees and Paypal takes their cut. [/QUOTE]

Actually, there are a couple of sellers on Amazon that do inflate the shit out of their prices simply because a game's a bit more rare or for whatever other stupid reasons. Definitely not to make up for Amazon's fees.

As I said in my post, there were a couple of other sellers that were selling the game for WAY less.

[quote name='Camwi']Actually, there are a couple of sellers on Amazon that do inflate the shit out of their prices simply because a game's a bit more rare or for whatever other stupid reasons. Definitely not to make up for Amazon's fees.

As I said in my post, there were a couple of other sellers that were selling the game for WAY less.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know that. I've seen those sellers and it's absolutely ridiculous. I was just speaking in general, but yeah, of course there are then those aforementioned sellers that completely take advantage of other ppl. There will always be ppl out to get others though.. nothing new. :whistle2:k

On the other subject about beer though -- Ugh! How in the hell could you guys drink that s**t!? haha. Now that I'm old enough to understand and appreciate what great beer is, I think I'd rather drink my own piss than drink a can of Natty, but to each their own! ;) haha

[quote name='MaelstromB']Nice price! Thanks for the heads up! I've seen this game compared to Earthbound although I've heard it is also not as good. Anyone play this?[/QUOTE]

It's ok, but not nearly as good as Earthbound. It's short and kind of boring to be honest. I didn't hate it but you wouldn't be missing much if you skipped it.

Play the fan translation of Mother 3 if you want more Earthbound.

[quote name='Fonic']It's ok, but not nearly as good as Earthbound. It's short and kind of boring to be honest. I didn't hate it but you wouldn't be missing much if you skipped it.

Play the fan translation of Mother 3 if you want more Earthbound.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, Fonic! Thanks :)

[quote name='Fonic']
Play the fan translation of Mother 3 if you want more Earthbound.[/QUOTE]Purchase the sexy fan made guide to the game while you're at it, worth every penny :)

[quote name='wolverine81']FYI. I just picked up Contact (DS) for $5.99 prime eligible from amazon warehouse deals in used - like new condition.[/QUOTE]

I did the same, if nothing else it'll add to my RPG collection, but hopefully ill like it.

[quote name='maigoyume']Purchase the sexy fan made guide to the game while you're at it, worth every penny :)[/QUOTE]

Where to get this?

got to remember in contact you dont do attacks ..

you take the little pen thing and draw your person to the monster and they just hammer it i found it very boring

but its okay for 8

Eternal Sonata (Namco) PS3 on Amazon - $16.99

Wizard of Oz (Xseed) on Amazon - $12.99

Have not seen a Persona 3 Portable drop yet.

[quote name='kndy']Have not seen a Persona 3 Portable drop yet.[/QUOTE]

Amazon's 15% off GAMESAVE code works with P3P. And it looks as though Amazon has yet to exhaust its supply of bonus Junpei caps.

[quote name='slidecage']sucks you cant find Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger Darkdeath Evilman
anyplace[/QUOTE]

You could always order from NISA and get an expensive sticker!:bouncy:

[quote name='VWarrior']You could always order from NISA and get an expensive sticker!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

seems gamestop is shippin tomorrow used one of those 10 bucks UFC codes

anyone notice you can reuse the same code Over and over and over and save 10 bucks off each order..

19.99 is better then paying 30 :)

Looks like I missed SMT:SJ on DS, it's back up to $28 at Amazon. I thought I had that on my wishlist too, but must have forgot to check that day. Oh well, maybe next time.

[quote name='slidecage']sucks you cant find Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger Darkdeath Evilman
anyplace[/QUOTE]

Amazon sent me an email saying Nov 3rd - 6th as the estimated time they will get more. That game looks so awesome.

[quote name='kndy']Eternal Sonata (Namco) PS3 on Amazon - $16.99
[/QUOTE]
Seeing this reminded me, I put an order in for this a few days ago, and the status almost immediately went into the "preparing order for shipment, this part of your order can no longer be changed" that it goes to a day or two before shipping. Problem is, it says the actual ship date is between December 17 and February 17. Anybody have this happen before?

XSEED's Muramasa down to $14.99 on New Egg - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4005&cm_re=xseed_games-_-78-174-005-_-Product

Disgaea 3 (PS3) $17 at Newegg

Little King's Story - $13.99 - Wii - http://www.amazon.com/Little-Kings-...VME6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290542007&sr=8-2

Wizard of Oz back down...not to $12 but $14.98 - http://www.amazon.com/Wizard-Oz-Bey...5Q/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1290542007&sr=8-12

Castle of Shikigami - Wii - $10.72 - http://www.amazon.com/Castle-Shikig...YHNI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290542073&sr=8-2

If you need something cheap to get the free $25 shipping on Amazon, Atlus' Metal Saga is $4.96 on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Saga-Pl...XS/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1290542133&sr=8-21

[quote name='kndy']Wizard of Oz back down...not to $12 but $14.98 - http://www.amazon.com/Wizard-Oz-Bey...5Q/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1290542007&sr=8-12[/QUOTE]

Ooh, I hope this holds for a while this time. I want it, but my credit card needs a rest for a bit after all of the other deals I've jumped on lately.

[quote name='kndy']If you need something cheap to get the free $25 shipping on Amazon, Atlus' Metal Saga is $4.96 on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Saga-Pl...XS/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1290542133&sr=8-21[/QUOTE]

Nope. The seller on that one is goHastings, and it doesn't count toward Amazon shipping. Cheapest price eligible for Amazon shipping is $10.06.

I suppose my picks for the NIS America sale are:

http://store.nisamerica.com/Sale?range=1,16,18

Atellier Annie $10 (DS)
What Did I Do To Deserve This II? $10 (PSP)

Other changes as noted on front page:

AMAZON - Battle Phantasia - $8.24 (Aksys)

AMAZON - From the Abyss - $9.79 (Aksys)

AMAZON - Hero's Saga Laevatein - $15.86 (Aksys)

AMAZON - Theresia - $14.00 (Aksys)

AMAZON - Demon Soul's - PS3 Greatest Hits - $19.99 (Atlus)

AMAZON - Eternal Poison - $16.96 (Atlus)

AMAZON - King of Fighters Evolution '98: Ultimate Match - $9.98 (Ignition

AMAZON - Nostalgia - $14.68 (Ignition)

AMAZON - Little King's Story - $12.99 (Xseed)

AMAZON - Populous - $4.85 (XSeed)

AMAZON - Samurai Showdown Sen - $12.48 (XSeed)

AMAZON - Wizard of OZ - $14.38 (XSeed)

I notice that Atlus's Demon's Soul is still $19.99 (with CD and book for $23.99 on Amazon) and $19.99 on Newegg. But I am reading of how difficult this game is but I remember how difficult Prinny was for the PSP and if it's that difficult, I don't know if I wan to get it. Hehe...

And I was wondering if this is good... NewEgg.com has Super Street Fighter IV (PS3) and Resonance of Fate (PS3) for $19.99. I know that the last Amazon's lightning quick deal was for ROF was $26.99 or something like that...but for those who have followed these two, are these two really good prices at $19.99 (free shipping but you pay tax if you are in CA)?

[quote name='kndy']I notice that Atlus's Demon's Soul is still $19.99 (with CD and book for $23.99 on Amazon) and $19.99 on Newegg. But I am reading of how difficult this game is but I remember how difficult Prinny was for the PSP and if it's that difficult, I don't know if I wan to get it. Hehe...

And I was wondering if this is good... NewEgg.com has Super Street Fighter IV (PS3) and Resonance of Fate (PS3) for $19.99. I know that the last Amazon's lightning quick deal was for ROF was $26.99 or something like that...but for those who have followed these two, are these two really good prices at $19.99 (free shipping but you pay tax if you are in CA)?[/QUOTE]
I just ordered Resonance of Fate this morning from NewEgg. It's the lowest price I've seen for that game. Most places still have it for $50-$60. No tax is great (I'm in IL) and free shipping. Total came to just the price of the game. ($19.99). I've got friends who own the game and they said it's well worth it.

As for Super Street Fighter IV, that's also great. Target also had it for this price on clearance, though with the black Friday shoppers, don't know how good your chances are of snagging this one.

[quote name='TJKitsune']I just ordered Resonance of Fate this morning from NewEgg. It's the lowest price I've seen for that game. Most places still have it for $50-$60. No tax is great (I'm in IL) and free shipping. Total came to just the price of the game. ($19.99). I've got friends who own the game and they said it's well worth it.

As for Super Street Fighter IV, that's also great. Target also had it for this price on clearance, though with the black Friday shoppers, don't know how good your chances are of snagging this one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeah, it was the lowest price I seen it as well. As for SSFIV, never saw it at our clearance at Target but for the PS3 version, I figured $19.99 was pretty good to pass up.

Now I wonder if Xseed's Samurai Showdown Sen game is worth the $12...hehe.. (Amazon)

For the NIS America hardcores....Last Rebellion (PS3) dropped to $19.50 on Amazon. Not a great game but I know like Atlus, there are hardcore NISA collectors.

XSEED's Valhalla Knights: Elder Saga for the Wii dropped to $16.98, Ivy the Kiwi down to $17.54, Juon: The Grudge down to $12.94

ATLUS' Eternal Poison (PS2) with CD is down to $15.53

[quote name='kndy']I suppose my picks for the NIS America sale are:

http://store.nisamerica.com/Sale?range=1,16,18

Atellier Annie $10 (DS)
What Did I Do To Deserve This II? $10 (PSP)

Other changes as noted on front page:

AMAZON - Battle Phantasia - $8.24 (Aksys)

AMAZON - From the Abyss - $9.79 (Aksys)

AMAZON - Hero's Saga Laevatein - $15.86 (Aksys)

AMAZON - Theresia - $14.00 (Aksys)

AMAZON - Demon Soul's - PS3 Greatest Hits - $19.99 (Atlus)

AMAZON - Eternal Poison - $16.96 (Atlus)

AMAZON - King of Fighters Evolution '98: Ultimate Match - $9.98 (Ignition

AMAZON - Nostalgia - $14.68 (Ignition)

AMAZON - Little King's Story - $12.99 (Xseed)

AMAZON - Populous - $4.85 (XSeed)

AMAZON - Samurai Showdown Sen - $12.48 (XSeed)

AMAZON - Wizard of OZ - $14.38 (XSeed)[/QUOTE]

man how did i miss

What Did I Do To Deserve This II? $10 :(

For the Kunio fans, River City Soccer Hooligans (DS) has dropped to $15.85 on Amazon. It's been dropping nearly every day... (has anyone played it? Loved the original Famicom games...but not sure about this one).

Atlus' Last Rebellion for the PS3 has dropped to $19.50.

As of midnight, "Last Rebellion" has now dropped to $19.01 and "River City Hooligans" now down to $15.45. Valhalla Knights down to $16.50. Wizard of Oz has now went back up to $17.99.

Aksys Games is doing an 'Apology Sale' on their own store later this week due to them saying their games would be on sale on Amazon Black Friday weekend but none of them actually went on sale.

Link

We said last week that there would be a Black Friday sale on Amazon, and that it would have a number of our games in it.

Black Friday came, and there were lots of things on sale at Amazon, but none of them were Aksys games. “It’s okay”, we thought, “Perhaps we actually meant Cyber Monday.” But Monday came and went, and still no sales. A dark cloud fell across our offices. Clearly, something had gone horribly wrong.

As any good American would say, mistakes were made. Dreadful mistakes, the repercussions of which will echo throughout time and space, but we are here with this adorable cat to attempt to right those wrongs. To that end, this weekend has been designated the Aksys Games Apology Sale. We cannot compel Amazon to do things, sadly—otherwise I would compel them to send me the entire Scott Pilgrim collection, a wonderful Christmas ham, and these amazing speaker cables—but we can discount items in our store. What items will be discounted is still up in the air a bit, but be sure to check back later this week for deals.

If you can’t afford to buy anything, or live outside the continental United States, here are some otters.

So not sure how good it'll be, but it'll happen.

Hey guys, the prices have no links right now on the front page. John of cheapassgamer is looking into the problem.

UPDATE: Everything is now fixed! Thanks John!

@Hell Monkey - That's what I hear. I will probably purchase it if it goes down to $17 or under but not at $19.01.

[quote name='Volcynika']Aksys Games is doing an 'Apology Sale' on their own store later this week due to them saying their games would be on sale on Amazon Black Friday weekend but none of them actually went on sale.

Link

So not sure how good it'll be, but it'll happen.[/QUOTE]
I would love a sale on Blazblue: Continuum Shift! Otherwise, I think I own every other Aksys game...

I really want 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors but doubt it's gonna be part of the apology sale plus shipping might be a deal breaker.

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']Now that I have a PS3, I would really like them to do a sale on Battle Fantasia and Record of Agarest War on PSN.[/QUOTE]

Seriously I cannot believe Agarest is still at $44.99. If Aksys knocks this down to $15 I will pick it up.

[quote name='Myka']I really want 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors but doubt it's gonna be part of the apology sale plus shipping might be a deal breaker.[/QUOTE]
The stuff in our store includes shipping in the listed price, unless otherwise stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back