Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']I don't necessarily want to scare people off, but CoP disappointed me with its repetitive combat, uninteresting story, and lackluster humor; it got to the point where I would have to force myself to play it. I got it from Newegg for $29.99 through a preorder promotion and I traded it in to BBY today for $21 after bonuses; I'm happy to keep the artbook and CD for $9.[/QUOTE]

Forcing yourself to play a game blows but I thought it was pretty fun. Only thing I was bummed about was the slowdown but playing 4 player coop is a crazy time, so much happening at once. For anybody on the fence if you liked Guardian Heroes you would definitely like this game. Online is great too and didn't have any lag issues (its also surprisingly active). I'm actually still trying to get through campaign and/or level up the main characters, if anybody wants to play online with me just shoot me a pm.

Sheesh. Newegg sent Ragnarok from New Jersey via DHL. Had they sent it directly with USPS, it would have made its way across the state border to my mailbox by now.

[quote name='Nailbunny']Sheesh. Newegg sent Ragnarok from New Jersey via DHL. Had they sent it directly with USPS, it would have made its way across the state border to my mailbox by now.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It should get here by Tuesday, but I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get it till the end of the week at the rate it's moving.

I will always call CoP "Diet Guardian Heroes: Missing the Point Edition." The voice acting is amazing even if the writing is middling. Music is fantastic. But that's the best praise I can give. The combat takes the basics of Guardian Heroes and never goes to the crazy ends that GH went. Everything feels tame and boring. Without spectacle, GH is worthless. CoP doesn't work.

I'd be willing to offload my copy if you folks are interested.

My Merc Edition is coming from newegg since I got it for 38 dollars. I hope it isn't destroyed but im sure it will be and then ill be sending it back.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I will always call CoP "Diet Guardian Heroes: Missing the Point Edition." The voice acting is amazing even if the writing is middling. Music is fantastic. But that's the best praise I can give. The combat takes the basics of Guardian Heroes and never goes to the crazy ends that GH went. Everything feels tame and boring. Without spectacle, GH is worthless. CoP doesn't work.

I'd be willing to offload my copy if you folks are interested.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you man. It's no Guardian Heroes. I feel like I got a much better deal with GH HD on XBLA for $10 over this game. It's like they took all the variety out of the game and called it a successor. The only thing this game did better then GH was the voice acting...

Ragnarok came in a bubble mailer and the box was all bent out of shape as well. RMA authorized from Newegg and I asked them to place a note to pack in a box. Fingers crossed this time.

[quote name='lutz']I agree with you man. It's no Guardian Heroes. I feel like I got a much better deal with GH HD on XBLA for $10 over this game. It's like they took all the variety out of the game and called it a successor. The only thing this game did better then GH was the voice acting...[/QUOTE]
since it was brought up it should be noted the Guardian Heroes is part of the Gold Weekly sales starting this week so starting nov 6th it will be half off at 400 points of $5 instead.

Every Boxed game I have ever ordered from New Egg has been crushed. The just throw it in the box and put paper on top of it so the bottom gets crushed. I would recommend never ordering special editions from them.

Enjoying Ragnarok so far pretty good, especially for the fact I got it for free with that promotion with the Sony Card prior haha.

And man....I was excited when they announced Tales of Hearts R........for Japan. Wish they would localize both Innocence R and the upcoming Hearts. That or I could brushed up on some Japanese

[quote name='SeanAmI']Every Boxed game I have ever ordered from New Egg has been crushed. The just throw it in the box and put paper on top of it so the bottom gets crushed. I would recommend never ordering special editions from them.[/QUOTE]

My Mercenaries Edition came in pristine condition from NewEgg. I have yet to have any complaints for them what-so-ever.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Not sure if its considered japanese niche, but just bought Lord of Apocalypse for Vita. So far so good.[/QUOTE]

How English-friendly is it?

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I would say if you're not into shmups, there's no point in buying it.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks. Thought I had heard that there were some gameplay tweaks that made it a bit different from most shmups, but my backlog thanks you :)

Hopefully, someone's interested.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Very unfriendly. Almost all Japanese[/QUOTE]

I really thought they were gonna bring this over to the US :(

Did you play Lord of Arcana? If so, how does it compare?

I liked Arcana for what it was, had some good times playing online and I put a good amount of hours into it.

mine came form newegg in a bubble mailer which worried me but it is somehow in flawless condition with no dents

nFngO.jpg

i wonder WHY Tales of graces F its been never reduced its price, even final fantasy go sub 20 price by now =(

[quote name='eilegz']i wonder WHY Tales of graces F its been never reduced its price, even final fantasy go sub 20 price by now =([/QUOTE]

Wasn't Tales of Graces F $40 before? It's definitely worth that much if you like anime style RPGs.

Edit: I wish the USA had a collector's edition for it.

[quote name='eilegz']i wonder WHY Tales of graces F its been never reduced its price, even final fantasy go sub 20 price by now =([/QUOTE]

Because FF is a huge series and Tales is still pretty niche

[quote name='62t']Because FF is a huge series and Tales is still pretty niche[/QUOTE]

Sad part is, so few people buy it new right when it comes out, it always makes NamcoBandai think twice before giving us another...

[quote name='Reigami']Sad part is, so few people buy it new right when it comes out, it always makes NamcoBandai think twice before giving us another...[/QUOTE]

Well we are getting Xillia, so hopefully it sells well enough that they keep giving us more.

I'm super happy we're getting Xillia. I might get it day one to show my support. But as a fan, I didn't want Graces F. I wanted Destiny 2 and Rebirth. Instead we got Legendia which was pretty terrible.

Just got my copy of Ragnarok Odyssey from New Jersey. It was in a bubble mailer as well but it's almost in pristine condition, save for a small dent on the side. Not bad at all.

[quote name='Namerson']Just got my copy of Ragnarok Odyssey from New Jersey. It was in a bubble mailer as well but it's almost in pristine condition, save for a small dent on the side. Not bad at all.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, that dent means it's not pristine. :/ I honestly don't understand how these companies haven't figured out that sending a fragile, boxed item in a padded envelope will mean it will be anywhere from slightly damaged to absolutely destroyed. They all do it, too; it just boggles my mind.

[quote name='Zaku77'] I honestly don't understand how these companies haven't figured out that sending a fragile, boxed item in a padded envelope will mean it will be anywhere from slightly damaged to absolutely destroyed. They all do it, too; it just boggles my mind.[/QUOTE]

Mine came in a bubble mailer with "PRE ORDER CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2!!" all over it :( They used them for marketing...

[quote name='Zaku77']Unfortunately, that dent means it's not pristine. :/ I honestly don't understand how these companies haven't figured out that sending a fragile, boxed item in a padded envelope will mean it will be anywhere from slightly damaged to absolutely destroyed. They all do it, too; it just boggles my mind.[/QUOTE]

He didn't say it was in pristine condition, he said almost.

[quote name='Zaku77']Unfortunately, that dent means it's not pristine. :/ I honestly don't understand how these companies haven't figured out that sending a fragile, boxed item in a padded envelope will mean it will be anywhere from slightly damaged to absolutely destroyed. They all do it, too; it just boggles my mind.[/QUOTE]

Probably because customers like this guy who posted never call them on it and they save lots of money on using flimsy packing materials and lower shipping weights. There are always tons of posts here saying, "well, I got mine with only a few dents, so I am happy,,,". Personally, if I receive something with any damage at all, it goes back. The fact that most people don't share that attitude just encourages New Egg and Amazon and others to skimp on packing.

[quote name='bojay1997']Probably because customers like this guy who posted never call them on it and they save lots of money on using flimsy packing materials and lower shipping weights. There are always tons of posts here saying, "well, I got mine with only a few dents, so I am happy,,,". Personally, if I receive something with any damage at all, it goes back. The fact that most people don't share that attitude just encourages New Egg and Amazon and others to skimp on packing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because most people don't give a shit about a couple slight dings to a box.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yeah, because most people don't give a shit about a couple slight dings to a box.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think most collectors do. If you don't care about the box, there is generally a non-collector's edition that is cheaper.

[quote name='bojay1997']Well, I think most collectors do. If you don't care about the box, there is generally a non-collector's edition that is cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I don't buy the collector's edition for the box, I buy it for the other goodies that come with the game.

Mine came in damaged also. Would I just pick defective as the RMA reason? It's telling me they dont do returns for damage during shipment, but they shipped it in a bubble mailer.

[quote name='Talgrund']Mine came in damaged also. Would I just pick defective as the RMA reason? It's telling me they dont do returns for damage during shipment, but they shipped it in a bubble mailer.[/QUOTE]

Buy it somewhere else and return your damaged one to them. Newegg will just ship you another one in another bubble mailer. :/

[quote name='Zaku77']Buy it somewhere else and return your damaged one to them. Newegg will just ship you another one in another bubble mailer. :/[/QUOTE]

So, commit fraud and stick an innocent retailer with New Egg's problem? That's ridiculous.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't buy the collector's edition for the box, I buy it for the other goodies that come with the game.[/QUOTE]

Diehard collectors who keep the game sealed will get upset if there is a small tear in the plastic wrapping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone regularly ordered games from Zavvi outside of the Metal Gear Solid HD LE? They just dropped the price on the Tales of Graces Special Edition to £24.95, but I'm worried about how they'd package it after the blue bag fiasco with MGS. Does anyone have enough experience with Zavvi to know whether that was just a one-off or to be expected? I'd prefer dealing with Amazon UK's (I'm assuming) superior customer service, since I know Zavvi's is subpar. However, the pricing difference is pretty big right now, and I don't know how aggressive Amazon UK is when it comes to sales.

[quote name='AFC']Has anyone regularly ordered games from Zavvi outside of the Metal Gear Solid HD LE? They just dropped the price on the Tales of Graces Special Edition to £24.95, but I'm worried about how they'd package it after the blue bag fiasco with MGS. Does anyone have enough experience with Zavvi to know whether that was just a one-off or to be expected? I'd prefer dealing with Amazon UK's (I'm assuming) superior customer service, since I know Zavvi's is subpar. However, the pricing difference is pretty big right now, and I don't know how aggressive Amazon UK is when it comes to sales.[/QUOTE]

It's to be expected with Zavvi. Most of the things I've ordered from them have come slightly crushed. The best packaging I've seen from them is a very thin cardboard wraparound sort of thing.

If it's something smaller though they don't seem to get damaged quite as much as the MGS LE did. I just wouldn't expect it to be pristine.

[quote name='sabanoo']It's to be expected with Zavvi. Most of the things I've ordered from them have come slightly crushed. The best packaging I've seen from them is a very thin cardboard wraparound sort of thing.

If it's something smaller though they don't seem to get damaged quite as much as the MGS LE did. I just wouldn't expect it to be pristine.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='storino03']I ordered the special edition and it arrived in a small cardboard box intact. First time ordering too. Came to about $40 shipped[/QUOTE]

Thanks to both of you for the replies! I'll think about it while I'm out today, and hopefully the price will still be the same if I decide to go for it.

[quote name='bojay1997']So, commit fraud and stick an innocent retailer with New Egg's problem? That's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Then don't do it.

[quote name='bojay1997']So, commit fraud and stick an innocent retailer with New Egg's problem? That's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Don't buy online and stick with B&M store for collectors edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back