Jimmy Snuka's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angle is a psycho... DAMN that was an awesome segment. 8/10 Impact. (I'd say 9 but a lot of parts were confusing) like the Lynn thing.. the Runt thing.. well, basically the whole show was pretty confusing storyline/segment wise except Joe/Angle. Decent wrestling though, for a change.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Kind of like I am going to pretend that James Mitchell did not just say Abyss killed people.[/QUOTE]
I think that was a metaphor, hence "digging them up".

[quote name='Brak']I think that was a metaphor, hence "digging them up".[/QUOTE]

Ok, thats better. I was kind of half listening since I was trying to get 2142 working properly.

6/10 for Impact tonight. There was some good moments on the show - I liked the opening match even if there was a bit too much going on for my liking. The Nash/PCS stuff as always is a show stealer. Yeah its cheesy, dorky, and even awkward but damn its fun.

I don't like and I certainly don't care for the direction TNA (and Russo) is going with this whole Roode/Brooks/Young angle. Its like a really bad rerun of WCW 2000 going on.

Speaking of which could we have not hit the WCW 2000 rerun mode any closer than the Cage/Abyss/Sting nightstick on a pole match. TNA needs to eventually let out whatever this secret Abyss has is. I know I've always preached on about how sometimes its best to let a storyline build. But to be honest right now I'm losing interest in whatever this secret might be. Either entice me to care, say what it is, or drop it. But do something other than keep repeating "We have a secret about Abyss" over and over. We get it.

I could of done without the VKM crap. Yeah it was short but I still feel that TNA should be more focused on its own product rather than what Vince McMahon is doing with his.

The ending segment was amazing. The intensity between Angle and Joe is amazing. Its too bad that Russo is rushing this fued way too quickly. But for what its worth its been a great ride so far. Looking forward to seeing where this goes on TV for the next few weeks.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Anything stuck on a pole keeps my hopes alive for another Judy Bagwell on a pole match.[/QUOTE]

But then that will involve Buff Bagwell.... which is never a good thing.

[quote name='Demolition Man']But then that will involve Buff Bagwell.... which is never a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Believe me I know, but I can deal with the lame top hat and stupid dance for another Judy Bagwell on a pole match.

As long as he doesn't waste another 30 minutes of my life like he did at the house show and delivers on the pole match, I can get over the antics. Without the pole match, I will continue to loathe the stuff.

Okay Casey you got a point. Personally I would rather see TNA spend time like this developing the new stars of the industry rather than giving us rehashes. Now granted yes Abyss to a LOT of people is still a newcomer but anyone can be put in the same spot he is in right now on the script and it would be all the same.

I just wish TNA would get out whatever this secret might be and move on from it. I just don't see this ending good regardless.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Okay Casey you got a point. Personally I would rather see TNA spend time like this developing the new stars of the industry rather than giving us rehashes. Now granted yes Abyss to a LOT of people is still a newcomer but anyone can be put in the same spot he is in right now on the script and it would be all the same.

I just wish TNA would get out whatever this secret might be and move on from it. I just don't see this ending good regardless.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they will just never tell us, kinda like Jackie's secret?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Anything stuck on a pole keeps my hopes alive for another Judy Bagwell on a pole match.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

That totally escaped my mind.

I want Abyss to lose the title and get Jackie'd so we don't find out. Have Mitchell say he needs a sabbatical and have Christian drop it since he now has the title.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I want Abyss to lose the title and get Jackie'd so we don't find out. Have Mitchell say he needs a sabbatical and have Christian drop it since he now has the title.[/QUOTE]
I'm waging that's going to happen. Why else would Christian be in the mix?

[quote name='Brak']I'm waging that's going to happen. Why else would Christian be in the mix?[/QUOTE]

Only because they don't have anything else for Christian to do....

Yet another awful, wrestling-light Impact. At least the PCS thing was funny. I also got a lot of laughs out of TNA acting like the Mr. TNA award is as important as an Emmy or Oscar. The Angle/Joe stuff was confusing, since Angle was a face last week with Joe being a heel, and now the roles are reversed once again, with some new nameless chick being attacked that we're supposed to care about for some unknown reason.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Only because they don't have anything else for Christian to do....[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but they introduced the idea of Mitchell leaking Abyss' past.

This shows that it will remain a mystery -- if he joins Sting, Mitchell will release the information. If he doesn't give Christian what he wants, Christian will release the information.

I doubt they'll specifically tap into his past, and I have a feeling Christian will win the belt and have no incentive to share Abyss' past.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Yet another awful, wrestling-light Impact. At least the PCS thing was funny. I also got a lot of laughs out of TNA acting like the Mr. TNA award is as important as an Emmy or Oscar. The Angle/Joe stuff was confusing, since Angle was a face last week with Joe being a heel, and now the roles are reversed once again, with some new nameless chick being attacked that we're supposed to care about for some unknown reason.[/quote]

I think the whole point is that Joe and Angle can transcend the traditional heel/face power struggle. :cool: Also, they explained who the chick is.. it's Joe's girl. I don't think it was intended that the fans were supposed to care about her... Angle was going to break her ankle, so Joe gave him a rematch. Pretty simple I thought.

They never said the chick was Joe's girl, just that she was "THAT GIRL THAT JOE BROUGHT WITH HIM", and this Joe/Angle stuff doesn't "trancend the face/heel power struggle" - it's just a bunch of random heel and face turns. Angle is basically Luger in WCW now, having turned so often that it's impossible to tell what he'll be from one week to the next. This whole feud has been fucked up beyond belief by Russo, and it took him under three months to do it. They've already been in SIX matches involving each other since their first one in friggin' NOVEMBER. Unbelievable.

funny how on wwe.com the best of 2006..

#4 is kurt angle being released...

I know they classify it as top stories of 06...But it clearly states best of near the top of page

Home > Inside WWE > Best of 2006

They also knock TNA for bringing Kurt in after just three weeks of "rest". SD was really enjoyable tonight, and JBL even got some great quotes in -
“Miz, I hate you, I hope your Christmas is terrible.”.
“There’s a whole gaggle of leprechauns under the ring. They eat, they multiply - it’s great!”
“I almost broke my ankle kicking you.”

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']They never said the chick was Joe's girl, just that she was "THAT GIRL THAT JOE BROUGHT WITH HIM", and this Joe/Angle stuff doesn't "trancend the face/heel power struggle" - it's just a bunch of random heel and face turns. Angle is basically Luger in WCW now, having turned so often that it's impossible to tell what he'll be from one week to the next. This whole feud has been fucked up beyond belief by Russo, and it took him under three months to do it. They've already been in SIX matches involving each other since their first one in friggin' NOVEMBER. Unbelievable.[/quote]

Hm.. I guess I never really saw either of them as a heel or a face the whole time.. but I do agree that the whole thing has been rushed. It should have been at least a 6 month fued.

I'm curious as to if the Wii version is going to use the Wiimote or will it be like the forthcoming Super Smash Bros game in which it will use the GC/Classic controller.

Will be interesting regardless.

on xbox 1 as well? something tells me that list is wrong.

happy ny peepz

anyways i feel like crap after sipping on petron all night last night... gotta get ready for raw.

I didnt really prepare anything which sucks but o well...i will take alot of pics

[quote name='guyver2077']on xbox 1 as well? something tells me that list is wrong.

happy ny peepz

anyways i feel like crap after sipping on petron all night last night... gotta get ready for raw.

I didnt really prepare anything which sucks but o well...i will take alot of pics[/QUOTE]

:lol: I almost thought of sending you a voice message on Xbox yesterday to remind you to make a sign. Have a good time today, and we'll be over here crossing our fingers that it isn't lunch with Lance Cade.

[quote name='coolcolt']Yes!TNA impact will be on the wii.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNA_iMPACT!_(video_game)[/QUOTE]

Wikipedia is so fucking unreliable at times. It has several errors right off the bat: first, the claim that the game is coming in 2007 (it isn't), and the claim that the game is coming to Xbox (it won't). The 360? Sure. Original Xbox? Midway released 4 Xbox titles this year (NBA Ballers, MLB Slugfest, Spy Hunter, and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon), and have zero new Xbox titles on the horizon. I'm not saying it won't come out for Wii, but that the wiki entry is, like most wiki entries, flawed and untrustworthy.

I hope TNA Impact isn't on the Wii or Xbox(1).

I'm tired of cross-platform titles. Not to flame the Wii, or anything, but it's graphics aren't comparable to the 360 or PS3 giants... Hopefully the developer doesn't cut corners and round things off so it can easily appear on platforms with lesser graphical and processing capabilities.

Not posting Wii flamebait, but them's the breaks.

[quote name='Brak']Not to flame the Wii, or anything, but it's graphics aren't comparable to the 360 or PS3 giants... Hopefully the developer doesn't cut corners and round things off so it can easily appear on platforms with lesser graphical and processing capabilities.

Not posting Wii flamebait, but them's the breaks.[/QUOTE]

WHY DO YOU HATE FUN BRAK :bomb: :whistle2:# :bomb:

[quote name='Sporadic']WHY DO YOU HATE FUN BRAK :bomb: :whistle2:# :bomb:[/QUOTE]
:lol:

In all seriousness, I don't think a ported wrestling title with tacked-on motion controls, and dumbed down graphics, would really be all that fun.

[quote name='Brak']:lol:

In all seriousness, I don't think a ported wrestling title with tacked-on motion controls, and dumbed down graphics, would really be all that fun.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:$ You don't want to upset the raging beast on the Wii boards.

Though, to be fair, they probably aren't going to see this because they're too busy reassuring themselves of the sincerity of their commitment to the Wii as the greatest gaming platform ever on another thread.

Maybe if you tried to claim that the Wii is like the PSP, since both feature dumbed-down ports of big games with shitty controls, and *then* you'll get some people pissed. :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']:whistle2:$ You don't want to upset the raging beast on the Wii boards.

Though, to be fair, they probably aren't going to see this because they're too busy reassuring themselves of the sincerity of their commitment to the Wii as the greatest gaming platform ever on another thread.

Maybe if you tried to claim that the Wii is like the PSP, since both feature dumbed-down ports of big games with shitty controls, and *then* you'll get some people pissed. :lol:[/quote]

Heh heh :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and that each of you is starting off with a Happy New Year.

I would like to apologize for leaving without notice again, but I'm sure that most of you know that I have my reasons for doing so.

I'm sorry that I have not been around more, although I'm sure that some of you probably enjoyed a Saucy Jack-free CAG. :lol:

I still am unable to return to CAG, but I wanted to make sure to drop by today to send along my best wishes to all my friends here. And before I go, I will leave you with a gift to remind all of us of better times, and of what a real wrestler looks like. ;)

May 2007 be a hell of a lot better than 2006. Take care, my friends.

All the best,
SJ

ligersigzi7.jpg

[quote name='Brak']In all seriousness, I don't think a ported wrestling title with tacked-on motion controls, and dumbed down graphics, would really be all that fun.[/quote]
I can't be the only one who used to watch wrestling, and then do powerbombs and suplexes to my remote control with my hands...can I? I'd love it if I could get a wrestler in a grapple, and then do whatever move I wanted to do to the Wii remote, and have it translate to the game.

Of course, you would probably need to have been a marching band baton-tosser to successfully pull off an airplane spin.

[quote name='Brak']I hope TNA Impact isn't on the Wii or Xbox(1).

I'm tired of cross-platform titles. Not to flame the Wii, or anything, but it's graphics aren't comparable to the 360 or PS3 giants... Hopefully the developer doesn't cut corners and round things off so it can easily appear on platforms with lesser graphical and processing capabilities.

Not posting Wii flamebait, but them's the breaks.[/quote]

Troll. ^_^

well back from lunch...

pretty cool..

got to hang out with candice and jeff hardy.

jeff was super cool.. i brought up tna lol

lunch was in the vip section in the american airlines arena... super nice ..

.. didnt take too many pics but got one with candice and hardy..

candice also signed a photo of hers and personalized it..

they are both super cool

saw snitzky as well peeking into our room

also saw them quickly setting up the ring...

DSC00729.jpg

DSC00730.jpg

DSC00734.jpg

DSC00735.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00737.jpg

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and that each of you is starting off with a Happy New Year.

I would like to apologize for leaving without notice again, but I'm sure that most of you know that I have my reasons for doing so.

I'm sorry that I have not been around more, although I'm sure that some of you probably enjoyed a Saucy Jack-free CAG. :lol:

I still am unable to return to CAG, but I wanted to make sure to drop by today to send along my best wishes to all my friends here. And before I go, I will leave you with a gift to remind all of us of better times, and of what a real wrestler looks like. ;)

May 2007 be a hell of a lot better than 2006. Take care, my friends.

All the best,
SJ

ligersigzi7.jpg
[/quote]

Good to hear from you again. Thanks for the kind wishes. I hope your 2007 is a good one. :)

Was her nose still all messed up?

Definately going to be watching Raw tonight so I hope you show up on camera several times.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Good to hear from you again. Thanks for the kind wishes. I hope your 2007 is a good one. :)[/QUOTE]

Seconded, and a belated thanks for the birthday wishes.

Jerry Lynn is back in action at Final Resolution:

[quote name='TNAwrestling.com']JERRY LYNN TO MAKE HIS TNA PPV RETURN AT “FINAL RESOLUTION”
X Division pioneer to take on champion “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels and Chris Sabin in three-way bout at the January 14 Pay-Per-View
By Bill Banks

TNAwrestling.com has learned that Jerry Lynn will make his TNA Pay-Per-View wrestling return at the “Final Resolution” epic event on January 14, in a three-way bout against Christopher Daniels and Chris Sabin for the X Championship.[/quote]

Full story here: http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1107

Lynn vs RVD may be happening again in the near future.

He is going to wrestle at the UWF house shows as well (as is Scott Steiner). There is one in Wilmington the first week of Feb. that I may end up going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back