Kane & Lynch didn't sell 1,000,000 & Zack & Wiki didn't bomb, and other sales facts..

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Wombat']I was there from 95-99, and yes Uncle Sam's was amazing.[/quote]
No shit? I went to DU 97-00, and shopped at the MusicX in oakland a lot during my time (mostly pens tix at their student rush promos there) and spent many a nite at Fuel & Fuddle. I also was an Assitant Manager at EB Games in Monroeville Mall (the mall where the original Dawn of the Dead was shot)
Hell, I work in Station Square now...

[quote name='Ronin317']No shit? I went to DU, and shopped at the MusicX in oakland a lot during my time (mostly pens tix at their student rush promos there) and spent many a nite at Fuel & Fuddle. I also was an Assitant Manager at EB Games in Monroeville Mall (the mall where the original Dawn of the Dead was shot)
Hell, I work in Station Square now...[/QUOTE]

Those student-rush Pens tix were an amazing deal! Were you there for when the Fuel & Fuddle was Calico's? Man I miss the 'Burgh. Good place, good people.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']That was me. I compiled a list of the new stuff and posted it in a penny-arcade thread, then it got reposted to the PA spinoff, platformers, then back to gaf and here again.

One big echo chamber.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm glad I waited - you compiled the list that I said I was going to make. I'll post this in the OP soon.

[quote name='roland13x']Those student-rush Pens tix were an amazing deal! Were you there for when the Fuel & Fuddle was Calico's? Man I miss the 'Burgh. Good place, good people.[/quote]
I never made it to Calico's. Here's some nostalgia for you - how much was an O pizza when you were there? My friends and I went there before the Pens game 2 sundays ago, and they're up to $7! I remember when they were $4.50...

Oh, and the countdown until someone complains for us to take this discussion elsewhere begins in 3...2...1...

[quote name='Rozz']Is there a reason why Wal-Mart doesn't like to submit their numbers?[/QUOTE]

They are still the biggest individual portion of the video game market, as far as I know. Pure speculation, but they may feel that NPD (and the competing companies that subscribe to NPD) would benefit more from having Wal-Mart numbers directly included than Wal-Mart would benefit from providing them. I'm pretty sure Wal-Mart gets the monthly NPD reports.

[quote name='Ronin317']I never made it to Calico's. Here's some nostalgia for you - how much was an O pizza when you were there? My friends and I went there before the Pens game 2 sundays ago, and they're up to $7! I remember when they were $4.50...

Oh, and the countdown until someone complains for us to take this discussion elsewhere begins in 3...2...1...[/QUOTE]

You know, $7 is still a pretty good deal. I remember the $4.50, but usually it'd be around $8 or so with a huge-ass bag of greasy fries.

[quote name='botticus']In advance of the HotD: Overkill numbers in February, how are House of the Dead II&III and Ghost Squad doing?[/QUOTE]

That's a good request, it might be interesting to see Overkill's potential light-gun audience, since the two games have been out for a while. Might as well throw Target: Terror in there for teh lulz.

Also, I'm a bit curious of what the original Boom Blox sold.

I remember many people thinking that it bombed due to surprisingly weak launch month, but there's some strange things that contradict the bomb label for the entire release period:
- There's no argument that the game had a weak launch, and as a result, it had a quick price drop to $39.99. However, the price has not fallen any further at most stores, staying at $39.99, much like what happened to RE:UC. This seems to imply that once they dropped the price, sales started to take off. If that is the case, then perhaps it would have been a more successful launch month had they listened to Wombat when he told one of the developers that it is not going to be perceived as a "proper" $50 game.
- The sequel: For a game that "bombed," it seems surprising that they would even consider a sequel, but it's coming and they've added quite a bit. The kicker is that they're launching it at the $39.99 price point, which seems to imply that the previous point was indeed the case with the first game.

[quote name='Cao Cao']That's a good request, it might be interesting to see Overkill's potential light-gun audience, since the two games have been out for a while. Might as well throw Target: Terror in there for teh lulz.

Also, I'm a bit curious of what the original Boom Blox sold.

I remember many people thinking that it bombed due to surprisingly weak launch month, but there's some strange things that contradict the bomb label for the entire release period:
- There's no argument that the game had a weak launch, and as a result, it had a quick price drop to $39.99. However, the price has not fallen any further at most stores, staying at $39.99, much like what happened to RE:UC. This seems to imply that once they dropped the price, sales started to take off. If that is the case, then perhaps it would have been a more successful launch month had they listened to Wombat when he told one of the developers that it is not going to be perceived as a "proper" $50 game.
- The sequel: For a game that "bombed," it seems surprising that they would even consider a sequel, but it's coming and they've added quite a bit. The kicker is that they're launching it at the $39.99 price point, which seems to imply that the previous point was indeed the case with the first game.[/QUOTE]

Regarding Boom Blox, it's also pretty hard to find in stock at stores (at least for me), which is another sign that its been selling pretty well.

[quote name='roland13x']You know, $7 is still a pretty good deal. I remember the $4.50, but usually it'd be around $8 or so with a huge-ass bag of greasy fries.[/quote]

Ah, those ol' fries. I miss their old presence on CMU's campus, quite frankly. They were always good for those typical 1 AM dinner runs from '00 through '05.

If you do get access to February's data, can you post the monthly totals in software per system (e.g. PSP - 1.7 million) like in January? Thanks! :)

How about some up-to-date numbers on the Tales games since (and including) Symphonia?

Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Legendia
Tales of the World Radiant Mythology
Tales of Phantasia GBA
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Eternal Sonata PS3 also would be interesting to know.

As of late February:

Eternal Sonata - 98k (360) 33k (PS3)
Vesperia was around 120K, can't find the exact number right now. Best selling JRPG since FF XII is Lost Odyssey with 345K or so.

[quote name='neocisco']This thread has been dormant. Just for fun, how about Rumble Roses on PS2 and 360?[/QUOTE]

Unless something else happened, I think roland has been busy working on Epicenter's Real Heroes: Firefighters for the Wii. Speaking of the game, the previews so far have been very positive, praising aspects like the overall gameplay, and production value parts like the voicework and fire effects. Judging by the impressions from IGN and Gamespot, along with the past enthusiasm that Roland has shown for the game, it sounds like it will be a great Wii title. It should be releasing sometime this month for $29.99, with portion of that going towards the Firefighter Cancer Support Network.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/realheroesfirefighter/news.html?sid=6206888&mode=previews
http://wii.ign.com/articles/961/961658p1.html

Honestly his game seems like a no brainer. It's simply ingenious in it's core concept. I really hope his Real Heroes game is a hit. The idea does remind me of that lightgun arcade firefighting game Sega made complete with an unwieldy pseudo hose.

[quote name='DQT']Honestly his game seems like a no brainer. It's simply ingenious in it's core concept. I really hope his Real Heroes game is a hit. The idea does remind me of that lightgun arcade firefighting game Sega made complete with an unwieldy pseudo hose.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I remember playing that one a while back, the light-gun route was an interesting concept. Two more of note:
- Firefighter F.D.18 (PS2): This Konami-developed title got a small following due to its short print run. Probably good enough, but it has hilariously cheesy over-dramatic voiced dialogue (Brooding Main Character: "Your dress is red... Like fire..." DUN-DUN-DUUUUUN)
- The Firemen (SNES, Japan & Europe only): Developed by Human, probably the last console title to really nail the concept with its fun top-down shooter/puzzle gameplay.

Curious to see the sale figures of two different IP's from each developer. *First 3 month figures would be better than 1 month/all time if possible.*

Starbreeze Studios
The Darkness (X360, PS3: 25 Jun. '07)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (X360, PS3, Windows: 7 Apr. '09)

Monolith Productions
Condemned 2: Bloodshot (X360, PS3: 11 Mar. '08)
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin (X360, PS3, Windows: 10 Feb. '09)​

ROALNAND14x.

Do you live? For I hunger.

Also, ha-ha at anyone who saw the necromancy and thought there was something new in here. Now you know how I feel when I try to go DTs and yes I will post about terrans having too many options for detection in every thread on CAG and you can't stop me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back