Kane & Lynch didn't sell 1,000,000 & Zack & Wiki didn't bomb, and other sales facts..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez... I figured Zack and Wiki would've sold at least 100K in NA alone but 70K is terrible! A lot of disappointing numbers there but glad to see Tales of Symphonia still selling- I loved that game.

And since we're at it... can you get numbers for these Atlus games?
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3

I've always wondered how well Atlus titles sold but maybe now I'll get to know.

[quote name='Vinny']Geez... I figured Zack and Wiki would've sold at least 100K in NA alone but 70K is terrible! A lot of disappointing numbers there but glad to see Tales of Symphonia still selling- I loved that game.

And since we're at it... can you get numbers for these Atlus games?
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3

I've always wondered how well Atlus titles sold but maybe now I'll get to know.[/QUOTE]

Another dark and stormy late night here at Epicenter...this thread is keeping me company.

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne - 54k
Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga - 50k
Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 2 - 39k
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner - 33k
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 - 71k

Interested in some Level 5 numbers...

Rogue Galaxy
Dark Cloud 1 & 2
Jeanne D'Arc

[quote name='roland13x']Another dark and stormy late night here at Epicenter...this thread is keeping me company.

Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 - 71k[/QUOTE]

Thanks!:) And yeah, I'm not going out when it's this cold outside...:lol:

The numbers are close what I expected except for Persona 3- I figured that'd be no higher than DDS/Nocturne.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Meh. Even if she is legit, I don't see why she seems to be the only rumors blog getting attention, when she gets beaten to quite a few stories by this guy:
http://heavymetalsuicide.blogspot.com

For instance, her post for today includes the following stories:
- Dead Rising 2 and Lost Planet 2, which Skaterboy posted about on Dec 12
- Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow and God of War: Chains of Olympus coming to PS2, which Skaterboy wrote about on Dec 19
- A full blown, "epic" new Wing Commander game, which Skaterboy reported on Dec 13
- And an XBLA game by Rare featuring Mr. Pants, which Skaterboy mentioned on Dec 19
She also posted about Diablo III having both a single-player and an MMO component on December 15, which Skaterboy posted about six days earlier.

I just think it's funny that, out of all the rumors blogs, she gets all the attention, and I think that her claiming to be a girl plays no small part in the way she has droves of commenters asking all sorts of personal details about her, as if they really want to get to know her because omg shes a girl on the internetz that plays games.

Oh, well, whatev. Enough derailing.[/QUOTE]

even heavymetalsuicide is trying to get in "her" pants:
http://heavymetalsuicide.blogspot.com/2007/12/howdy-surfer-girl.html

odd that their names seem to play off each other.

anyway, very surprised at the numbers...Odin Sphere outsold each title in the SMT series? wow.

[quote name='snipegod']I'm curious for the numbers to:

MLB Power Pros (Wii)
Ghost Squad (Wii)
Odama (GC)
Geist (GC)

I appreciate it![/quote]Here's one:
[quote name='roland13x']
MLB Power Pros Wii - 100k
MLB Power Pros PS2 - 26k
[/quote]

[quote name='heavyd853']To be fair, Odin Sphere probably cost more to make than any individual smt title....at least I think.[/QUOTE]
A 2D Action RPG that re-uses environments, enemies, and music like nobody's business? I don't see how that could end up an expensive game.

Its probably a stretch, but good 2D sprites are extremely expensive to do these days, outside of ones that are only a handful of pixels, like portable games.

Voice acting, I know theres some in the smt games but on an individual basis not as much as OS. However, I haven't played p3 so I can't say anything about that one.

[quote name='heavyd853']Voice acting, I know theres some in the smt games but on an individual basis not as much as OS. However, I haven't played p3 so I can't say anything about that one.[/QUOTE]

DDS1, DDS2, and Persona 3 all have full voice acting, aside from a silent protagonist.

To be fair, Odin Sphere probably cost more to make than any individual smt title....at least I think.

what would that have to do with sales though? Doesn't explain why one random game from a then-unknown team (aside from some super hardcores who knew vanillaware) could outsell all the games in an established franchise.

maybe beautiful screens and word of mouth helped OS a lot.

Odin sphere basically uses the same set of enemies and background 3-4 times. As for Voice Acting, the game isnt that long where it will make a huge difference.

[quote name='Blackout542']Interested in some Level 5 numbers...

Rogue Galaxy
Dark Cloud 1 & 2
Jeanne D'Arc[/QUOTE]

A new day, some new numbers...

Rogue Galaxy -
Dark Cloud 1 - 679k
Dark Cloud 2 - 280k
Jeanne D'Arc - 55k

[quote name='snipegod']I'm curious for the numbers to:

MLB Power Pros (Wii)
Ghost Squad (Wii)
Odama (GC)
Geist (GC)

I appreciate it![/QUOTE]

Ghost Squad - 48k
Odama - 36k (as of Feb 07)
Geist - 75k

[quote name='62t']Odin sphere basically uses the same set of enemies and background 3-4 times. As for Voice Acting, the game isnt that long where it will make a huge difference.[/QUOTE]

Generally speaking VO in games isn't really all that expensive. You can get very some very talented people at scale or double scale, and if you've got some connections, you can get a couple hours in a studio fairly cheap. Implementation is nothing compared with other aspects of game development.

Also stores like Best Buy and Circuit City carried Odin Sphere, while you have to go to game store like Gamestop and gamecrazy to get Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga 2. A few more stores like Sears and Kmart carried Persona 3 so it probably help the sales.

[quote name='62t']Also stores like Best Buy and Circuit City carried Odin Sphere, while you have to go to game store like Gamestop and gamecrazy to get Nocturne or Digital Devil Saga 2. A few more stores like Sears and Kmart carried Persona 3 so it probably help the sales.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

which brings me to my next question-- why would Atlus give OS a larger deployment than the SMT games, namely Persona 3? All those SMT games are pretty much sold out, whereas you can still get OS almost anywhere online and probably in several stores as well.

[quote name='roland13x']Another dark and stormy late night here at Epicenter...this thread is keeping me company.

Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 - 71k[/quote]

Makes me feel like I should get DDS 2 and Devil summoner while they're still affordable...

Thanks for posting these numbers; they're quite interesting! :)

I'd be interested in seeing a comparison of EA vs 2K Sports games in the different sports over the years. I'm sure Madden has sold 10x the amount of NFL 2K/All-Pro games, but I wonder about Live vs NBA 2K.

[quote name='The Crotch']How 'bout Skies of Arcadia Legends? And for comparison's sake, non-legends Skies of Arcadia?[/QUOTE]

Skies of Arcadia Legends - 151k (as of Feb 07)

I don't have any sales figures for platforms earlier than last gen sadly.

151k, eh? I'm really not sure how I feel about the rumours of an SoA sequel. It was the last traditional RPG I actually enjoyed. I just can't see SEGA making a sequel that doesn't suck.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Thanks for posting these numbers; they're quite interesting! :)

I'd be interested in seeing a comparison of EA vs 2K Sports games in the different sports over the years. I'm sure Madden has sold 10x the amount of NFL 2K/All-Pro games, but I wonder about Live vs NBA 2K.[/QUOTE]

Interesting...

Let's just look at lifetime PS2 sales...

Madden - 21.2M (8 games + 2 collector's editions)
NFL 2k - 1.9M (2 games)

NBA Live - 7.5M (8 games)
NBA 2k - 1.8M (5 games)

The big boys win pretty solidly.

[quote name='The Crotch']151k, eh? I'm really not sure how I feel about the rumours of an SoA sequel. It was the last traditional RPG I actually enjoyed. I just can't see SEGA making a sequel that doesn't suck.[/QUOTE]
That Overworks was disbanded doesn't help matters. If there's to be a SoA sequel, I'd want much of the original team working on it.

[quote name='blueshinra']That Overworks was disbanded doesn't help matters. If there's to be a SoA sequel, I'd want much of the original team working on it.[/quote]Definitely. SoA was a little on the formulaic side (What? A female character is being held hostage in exchange for all of the magical macguffins that I've brought into the middle of the enemy stronghold for no reason? Again?), but it was still a very good game. I sure as hell wouldn't want a random SEGA team working on it.

[quote name='roland13x']Suikoden III - 239k
Suikoden IV - 140k
Suikoden Tactics - 76k
Suikoden V - 99k[/QUOTE]

Ouch. I was really hoping Suikoden V would perform a lot better considering it was a throwback to Suikoden I/II. I certainly hope it performed better over seas, as I want to see some sequels. It just seems that JRPGs just aren't as popular these days...

I didn't see them looking through this thread, but what are the numbers for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and Path of Radiance?

[quote name='Apossum']Good point.

which brings me to my next question-- why would Atlus give OS a larger deployment than the SMT games, namely Persona 3? All those SMT games are pretty much sold out, whereas you can still get OS almost anywhere online and probably in several stores as well.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong but I would think it is the individual store that make the decision on what to purchase. It could just be BB and CC just felt OS would be a more appealing game than Persona 3.

[quote name='happy']Makes me feel like I should get DDS 2 and Devil summoner while they're still affordable...[/QUOTE]
That also means there are more unsold copies out there and wont worth as much as the other games.

FE9: 226k
FE10: 109k

I remember getting worldwide numbers from someone on FE10 a while ago, but I don't remember what they were or how accurate their were.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I didn't see them looking through this thread, but what are the numbers for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and Path of Radiance?[/QUOTE]

I hit those up a page or two ago...

Fire Emblem Wii - 109k
Fire Emblem GCN - 226k, but that's as of February 2007

Edit: Crotch beat me to it.

Edit 2: I never thought I'd type the sentence "Crotch beat me to it".

[quote name='roland13x']Interesting...

Let's just look at lifetime PS2 sales...

Madden - 21.2M (8 games + 2 collector's editions)
NFL 2k - 1.9M (2 games)

NBA Live - 7.5M (8 games)
NBA 2k - 1.8M (5 games)

The big boys win pretty solidly.[/quote]

I'm assuming that dominance has extended to the next-gen systems as well? I've read All-Pro Football 2K8 didn't sell too well. :cry:

NFL 2K with 1.9M for 2 games is pretty respectable. Not Madden-level of course, but still very solid. I'm sure that was the main reason EA bought the NFL license.

[quote name='62t']I wonder how those games did
Dewy's Adventure (wii)
Rule of Rose (PS2)

Wild Arms 3-5
Atelier Iris 1-3[/QUOTE]

Dewy's Adventure - 12k
Wow, that sucks. I really like this studio's Wii stuff. 12k is ridiculous. However, I have to admit I didn't buy this one. I played it for a little bit when I was down at Konami, and really enjoyed it. But I just didn't think I would enjoy it as much over the course of the 6-8 hours. And that's kind of my biggest problem with most Wii games. Most "single player experience driven" titles seem to lose their charm after the 2-3 hour mark. It's an interesting thing with the Wii...

Rule of Rose - 32k
Wild Arms 3 - 133k
Wild Arms 4 - 67k
Wild Arms 5 - 27k
Atelier Iris 1 - 62k
Atelier Iris 2 - 38k
Atelier Iris 3 - 19k

CAGers really love their Atlus :)

[quote name='Walt Jay']I'm assuming that dominance has extended to the next-gen systems as well? I've read All-Pro Football 2K8 didn't sell too well. :cry:

NFL 2K with 1.9M for 2 games is pretty respectable. Not Madden-level of course, but still very solid. I'm sure that was the main reason EA bought the NFL license.[/QUOTE]

All-Pro did 158k on 360, 80k on PS3
Madden moved 3.7M total on their 3 360 titles, with another 1.0M on the PS3 for 2 titles.

Those NFL2k stats are very misleading, with the $20 NFL2k5 accounting for 1.7M copies.

[quote name='roland13x']Those NFL2k stats are very misleading, with the $20 NFL2k5 accounting for 1.7M copies.[/QUOTE]

You would only want to compare them with the PS2 and Xbox versions of Madden 05, then, since the 2K game only appeared on those systems.

Would you be able to show stats for:
DOA3
DOA:Ultimate
DOAX
DOAX2
DOA4
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja gaiden black
I just want to know how much all the tecmo games on XBOX have sold

[quote name='akilshohen']Would you be able to show stats for:
DOA3
DOA:Ultimate
DOAX
DOAX2
DOA4
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja gaiden black
I just want to know how much all the tecmo games on XBOX have sold[/QUOTE]

Sure thing. Just know that these XBX1 numbers are as of Feb 07...

DOA3 - 935k
DOA:Ultimate - 265k
DOAX - 284k
DOAX2 - 84k
DOA4 - 447k
Ninja Gaiden - 561k
Ninja gaiden black - 238k

Interesting drop from doa3 to doa4. Also I though NG would have sold more, but those stats are almost 12 months old so I dunno.

Hey here's a fun one to find the numbers for. The C-List mascots

Dr. Muto
Vexx
Kya
I-Ninja
Blinx
also how did Kung-Fu Chaos do? That was a prett decent game that just didn't catch on.

[quote name='heavyd853']Interesting drop from doa3 to doa4. Also I though NG would have sold more, but those stats are almost 12 months old so I dunno.[/QUOTE]

The Xbox was already dead by Feb 07 anyway so I'm pretty sure those numbers are going to stand.

[quote name='heavyd853']Interesting drop from doa3 to doa4. Also I though NG would have sold more, but those stats are almost 12 months old so I dunno.[/QUOTE]

NG is at something like 1.5 million worldwide, iirc.

Well I got this game for free, but would hate to say how many people paid full price: Far Cry Vengance Wii.

Some other games I'd be interested in:
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (Wii)
Blitz The League (360)
Enchanted Arms (360)
Samuari Warriors 2: Empires (360)

On a side note It's pretty damn sad they are considering porting over Crysis to consoles. It looks pretty bad on the lowest settings (is it using the original Farcry engine per chance?) on the demo and I'd hate to see it under medium settings. If anything the low sales will both hurt and help the PC market, hurt because there might be a growth "stunt" in graphics and lower requirements, which also helps because not everyone is going to spend $250+ on a graphics card (aka me who spent very little on a 8600GT over clocked for $90ish). If anyones Interested I can get Crysis to run near 30fps on Medium settings on the demo and it looks beautiful. I just don't believe spending $250+ on one game for the highest settings. Crysis is the only game I can't get to run well on High settings so It's pointless atm. Maybe in a few years when I can get a 8800GT for the same price, course by then there will be a better graphics card out with more bang for the buck.

In anticipation for MGS4, i was wondering the numbers for

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus

:bouncy: I luv MGS! :bouncy:

[quote name='emceelokey']Hey here's a fun one to find the numbers for. The C-List mascots

Dr. Muto
Vexx
Kya
I-Ninja
Blinx
also how did Kung-Fu Chaos do? That was a prett decent game that just didn't catch on.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, now that is a good one. Wow...seems like at least one of these games was included in a clearance sale over the last few years.

Dr. Muto - 64k (PS2) 32k (XBX) 21k (GCN)
Vexx - 97k (PS2) 62k (XBX) 41k (GCN)
Kya - 66k (PS2)
I-Ninja - 156k (PS2)
Blinx - 313k
(as an added bonus) Blinx 2 - 95k (I had no idea this existed, much less sell decently)
Kung-Fu Chaos - 165k

Extra added bonus, and one of my favorite games that was not-quite-pretty-enough-to-be-the-prom-queen games:
Whiplash - 52k (PS2) 32k (XBX)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Well I got this game for free, but would hate to say how many people paid full price: Far Cry Vengance Wii.

Some other games I'd be interested in:
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (Wii)
Blitz The League (360)
Enchanted Arms (360)
Samuari Warriors 2: Empires (360)
[/QUOTE]

Far Cry Wii - 83k
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (Wii) - 87k
Blitz The League (360) - 102k
Enchanted Arms (360) - 140k
Samuari Warriors 2: Empires (360) - 25k
(I have to admit I bought every one of the Warriors games for the 360. My girlfriend loves the co-op, and who am I to say no?)

[quote name='the_punisher']In anticipation for MGS4, i was wondering the numbers for

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus

:bouncy: I luv MGS! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Your enthusiasm for the MGS series is hard to tell....
I don't have any PS1 stats, so we'll start with 2

Metal Gear Solid 2 - 2.0M
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance - 142k
Metal Gear Solid 3 - 1.2M
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence - 237K
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops - 241k
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus - 68k

[quote name='The Crotch']Hey, I just realized... Skies of Arcadia was last-gen - it was on the Dreamcast. No numbers for the DC?[/QUOTE]

Nope. The oldest home consoles I have info for are the PS2/GCN/XBX, though I do have GBA numbers.

I love the empires series myself. Going to buy the next DW empires when it hits the 360 to. I think with sad sales like that the only reason KOEI ports to the 360 is because of the dismal PS3 sales overall, and they are just having plan B ready incase something happens.

Wow at Farcry Wii sales. No wonder a Farcry 2 is in the works! Granted I can't be the only one who couldn't resist a free game after pricegrabber rebates. No matter how shitty that game may be.

While we're at it, lets hear sales for Enchanted Arms for the PS3. Since we all know the game "flopped" on the 360 and it needed to be put on the PS3 to recoup sales.

[quote name='roland13x']I hit those up a page or two ago...

Fire Emblem Wii - 109k
Fire Emblem GCN - 226k, but that's as of February 2007

Edit: Crotch beat me to it.

Edit 2: I never thought I'd type the sentence "Crotch beat me to it".[/QUOTE]

I figured either you or him would have the results handy somewhere.

[quote name='roland13x']Dewy's Adventure - 12k[/QUOTE]

That's really sad. That's certainly not encouraging for other publishers.

Another thing I'm interested in, what were the numbers for Twilight Princess (GC/Wii)?

[quote name='roland13x']Nope. The oldest home consoles I have info for are the PS2/GCN/XBX, though I do have GBA numbers.[/quote]In that case, how did Fire Emblem 7 and 8 do? And Sigma Star Saga? Also, if you have PSP numbers, how well did FFT sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back