Kane & Lynch didn't sell 1,000,000 & Zack & Wiki didn't bomb, and other sales facts..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I know I've left quite a few of you hanging today. I promise I'll hit each and every one of your requests, though it might not be today. We got our beta finished, but it was around 5am that I finally got some sleep. Going to try to spend at least some of today outside.

Give me a few hours and I'll answer the latest....

Thanks for those numbers on Xenosaga and Suikoden roland, I really appreciate it. This thread is really interesting to read. When you get the time do you think you could give me the info on all the Castlevania games you have info on?

Like:

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Castlevania: Double Pack (GBA)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2)
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2 and XBOX)
Casltevania: Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)

Thanks in advance.

Wow, just discovered this thread. Thanks for the info Roland, very cool stuff!

And jeeze, Wii 3rd party sales are horrible.
Z&W selling just slightly more than Enchanted Arms PS3? Yikes.

This thread has turned into one of those fetch quests that everyone hates in video games!!!

On that note though, Im curious about some adventure type games :lol:

Broken Sword (Sleeping Dragon?)XBOX (I can't remember the full title on this one)
Escape from Monkey Island PS2
Still Life XBOX
Dreamfall XBOX
Syberia XBOX
Syberia II XBOX
Indigo Prophecy XBOX and PS2
Leisure Suit Larry (this isn't really adventure)
Myst III XBOX
Myst IV XBOX
Shenmue II XBOX

I know there are more on the xbox and PS2 but I can't think of any. Also, you being an insider. Would you happen to have any clue on the likelihood of seeing adventure (point and click type) games being ported from the PC to the Wii?

Edit: I would also like to suggest a very early nomination for thread of the year. This is the s--t I am always curious about but have never known.

[quote name='dallow']
Z&W selling just slightly more than Enchanted Arms PS3? Yikes.[/QUOTE]

A niche point-and-click adventure game versus a hyped up commercialized JRPG?

I'd say if it got comparable sales that it exceeded expectations by a lot.

Enchanted Arms was hyped? I don't even remember that one.

I vaguely recall the words "gay" and "trumpet" being involved. It kinda scares me.

[quote name='Malik112099']oooh! can i have salez figurez on every game made in the last 17 years!?!?

c'mon people! he isnt a gopher[/quote]I don't think anyone would be offended if he said he didn't want to look up anymore games.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']Just curious...

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance Limited Edition (would really love to know this one)

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

MGS3 Subsistance LE - 25k

[quote name='emceelokey']$27,720,000 total off of something that's basically different variations of the same game. GeeZ. Not only that but they probably cost in the tens of thousands of dollars to develope if not then in the low 100's. I'm glad to hear that your company (what's the name of it) decided to turn down developing something like that but on the other hand the people behind Contra 4 did some Strawberry Snortcane games before and I'm pretty sure a lot of Contra's development money came from Shortcakes sales. I've also read how some developers would use money from othere titles, mainly licensee titles, and make a crappy game for whatever cartoon and then spend some of that money towardas game that they really want to do a good job on which is why most licensed games are utter crap.[/QUOTE]

My guess is that most of those cost around $100k to $150k, unless they were developed outside the US, then those costs would be around $75k or so.

My company's name is Epicenter Studios (you have any idea how hard it is to find a name that A)everyone doesn't hate and B)isn't already taken?). Our website sucks right now, but that'll be one of the first things we spruce up once our first title is announced.

Yeah, the Contra team had a very casual/low-budget history, so it's really great to see them be able to make something that has been critically, and should be commercially successful.

And really, I'd also be willing to bet that the dev team isn't really making much money off of those 'z games. A lot of the small contract stuff like that doesn't have any backend on it, so basically the studio is just working on it for the sake of working and not seeing royalties.

[quote name='depascal22']Thanks for posting all this, OP. How about numbers for these games:

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2 and Xbox)
Virtua Fighter 4
Virtua Fighter 4: Evo
Tekken Tag
Tekken 5
Soul Calibur II (all systems)
Soul Calibur III
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII

Again, thanks for taking the time to get us the numbers.[/QUOTE]

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2 and Xbox) - 246k (PS2) 75k (XBX)
Virtua Fighter 4 - 626k
Virtua Fighter 4: Evo - 289k
Tekken Tag - 1.39M
Tekken 5 - 819k
Soul Calibur II (all systems) - 855k (PS2) 613k (XBX) 873k (GCN)
Soul Calibur III - 708k
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology - 111k
Final Fantasy X - 2.45M
Final Fantasy X-2 - 1.61M
Final Fantasy XII - 1.64M

no prob

[quote name='Walt Jay']Here's a couple question for you.

What were the sales #'s for Manhunt 2 across the Wii/PS2/PSP? I'm curious if "controversy sells". I wonder how well it did versus it's superior predecessor, Manhunt 1.

Also, what were the sales #'s for Fight Night Round 3 and Def Jam Icon on 360/PS3? It'd be interesting to see from EA's point of view what amount of sales weren't enough to justify keeping EA Chicago open.[/QUOTE]

Good one...

Manhunt - 117k (XBX) 512k (PS2)
Manhunt 2 - 123k (PS2) 63k (Wii)

Fight Night 3 - 1.03M (360) 273k (PS3)
Def Jam Icon - 229k (360 ) 100k (PS3)

Not at all surprised by the Manhunt numbers (I enjoyed the first one, had zero interest in the second one myself), and the difference between the FN and DJ series is pretty spectacular, though I'm not too surprised either. The FN games have a much broader fan base, where I think the DJ games are significantly more limited.

[quote name='The Crotch']Asked earlier, but you missed 'em amidst all the Fire Emblem numbers. Sigma Star Saga and FFT PSP?[/QUOTE]

A billion Fire Emblems blotted out the Sigma Star...

Sigma Star Saga - 37k
FFT - 209k

[quote name='Logg']Vf 5 (360)[/QUOTE]

VF5 - 51k

I'm a little surprised by how low that one is....

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']You can just forward the NPD file to me and I can handle all these requests :)[/QUOTE]

Heh...nice try :)

[quote name='mykevermin']Roland, thanks. This thread is quite fun to read thanks to your assistance and unwavered data-providing in the face of a relentless barrage of requests.

Mine, though, is a touch different: what games have sold over 100K/500K (you choose the benchmark) that, in your opinion, probably shouldn't have? Not the typical "True Crime" or other highly peddled crap (Kane and Lynch, I suppose), but, rather, games released with below modest expectations that took off and sold like gangbusters. Do such games exist, and if so, what are some of them?[/QUOTE]

You're totally welcome.

That's a good question. Let me look over the numbers for a bit...

[quote name='Whambamm']Thanks for those numbers on Xenosaga and Suikoden roland, I really appreciate it. This thread is really interesting to read. When you get the time do you think you could give me the info on all the Castlevania games you have info on?

Like:

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Castlevania: Double Pack (GBA)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2)
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2 and XBOX)
Casltevania: Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA) - 481k
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA) - 126k
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA) - 158k
Castlevania: Double Pack (GBA) - 60k
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS) - 275k
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS) - 239k
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence (PS2) - 371k
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2 and XBOX) - 214k (PS2) 84k (XBX)
Casltevania: Dracula X Chronicles (PSP) - 125k

Now that's a pretty consistent series right there, with the exception of Circle.

[quote name='schuerm26']This thread has turned into one of those fetch quests that everyone hates in video games!!!

On that note though, Im curious about some adventure type games :lol:

Broken Sword (Sleeping Dragon?)XBOX (I can't remember the full title on this one)
Escape from Monkey Island PS2
Still Life XBOX
Dreamfall XBOX
Syberia XBOX
Syberia II XBOX
Indigo Prophecy XBOX and PS2
Leisure Suit Larry (this isn't really adventure)
Myst III XBOX
Myst IV XBOX
Shenmue II XBOX

I know there are more on the xbox and PS2 but I can't think of any. Also, you being an insider. Would you happen to have any clue on the likelihood of seeing adventure (point and click type) games being ported from the PC to the Wii?

Edit: I would also like to suggest a very early nomination for thread of the year. This is the s--t I am always curious about but have never known.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, and adventure gaming fan? Nice... Let's kick it point-n-click style...

Broken Sword (Sleeping Dragon?)XBOX - 11k
Escape from Monkey Island PS2 - 41k
Still Life XBOX - 42k
Dreamfall XBOX - 28k
Syberia XBOX - 62k
Syberia II XBOX - 17k
Indigo Prophecy XBOX and PS2 - 58k (XBX) 80k (PS2)
Leisure Suit Larry - 99k (XBX) 153k (PS2)
Myst III XBOX - 34k
Myst IV XBOX - 32k
Shenmue II XBOX - 179k

Looking over those numbers, I think it'd be fairly hard to justify porting adventure games. But I don't think it's totally unlikely, especially as the smaller publishers really start to get the Wii legs. Personally, I haven't heard of any unannounced titles in the genre, but I do agree that the Wii is the perfect system for the classic PC adventure genre.

[quote name='Malik112099']oooh! can i have salez figurez on every game made in the last 17 years!?!?

c'mon people! he isnt a gopher[/QUOTE]

I've been called much worse. Today actually.

Final Fantasy X - 2.45M

Ouch! Consider the trend as it exists on the PS1/PS2 userbase, from 7 spiraling down to 12. This could be scary indeed for the likes of FF13, MGS4, and DMC4.

A Final Fantasy title that struggles to find a million? Madness

Or I suppose it could go the other way and be a fresh start, CoD4 style, but my gut tells me its the former.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Final Fantasy X - 2.45M

Ouch! Consider the trend as it exists on the PS1/PS2 userbase, from 7 spiraling down to 12. This could be scary indeed for the likes of FF13, MGS4, and DMC4.

A Final Fantasy title that struggles to find a million? Madness

Or I suppose it could go the other way and be a fresh start, CoD4 style, but my gut tells me its the former.[/QUOTE]

I think it will sell 2 million or so. Mostly because this console gen is absolutely starved for traditional RPGs. The DS has a good number, and the PSP has a few as well (though every time I look for one on that system, they all appear like they're SRPGs...but I digress). Anyway, RPG fans must look at the anemic offerings of the Wii, 360, and PS3...and the first "big name" RPG to be released will be gobbled up fervently. FFXII, by the time it came out...shit, I *still* have a backlog of phenomenal PS2 RPGs I haven't played, and some are still coming out around now (e.g., Persona 3).

There's Enchanted Arms ('scuse me, the "hyped" Enchanted Arms :lol:), the two Mistwalker games...and Oblivion, so far as I can tell. Am I missing any?

Then again, you may be right, and RPG fans may well be perfectly content with their handhelds. DQIX, anyone?

[quote name='mykevermin']
There's Enchanted Arms ('scuse me, the "hyped" Enchanted Arms :lol:), the two Mistwalker games...and Oblivion, so far as I can tell. Am I missing any?[/quote]If I wasn't so dead set on conserving my own heat at this particular moment, I would use my burning rage to reduce you to ashes right now.

[quote name='roland13x']Holy crap, and adventure gaming fan? Nice... Let's kick it point-n-click style...

Broken Sword (Sleeping Dragon?)XBOX - 11k
Escape from Monkey Island PS2 - 41k
Still Life XBOX - 42k
Dreamfall XBOX - 28k
Syberia XBOX - 62k
Syberia II XBOX - 17k
Indigo Prophecy XBOX and PS2 - 58k (XBX) 80k (PS2)
Leisure Suit Larry - 99k (XBX) 153k (PS2)
Myst III XBOX - 34k
Myst IV XBOX - 32k
Shenmue II XBOX - 179k[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for those console adventure game numbers! I was just about to ask for numbers on those same exact games. I was a big supporter of adventure games on Xbox and I hope more adventures come to the Wii. I'm surprised at those numbers for Syberia (Xbox). They seem pretty good (considering how poorly point and click games sell on consoles). I wish Indigo Prophecy would have sold better. It is a such a great game. Still Life as well. Dreamfall I thought would have done better, but I guess a lot of people bought it for PC.

FYI, Secret Files: Tunguska and Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None (both released on PC a while ago) are being ported to Wii.

[quote name='The Crotch']If I wasn't so dead set on conserving my own heat at this particular moment, I would use my burning rage to reduce you to ashes right now.[/QUOTE]

That's right. I forgot Eternal Sonata.

;)

Thats fair. There is something to be said about competing when your competitors are scarce. If Red Steel & Rayman can sell gangbusters because there isnt anything else on the field, FF13 can certainly do well. Or maybe there will be other RPGs to crowd the field between now and FOREVER

[quote name='mykevermin']That's right. I forgot Eternal Sonata.
[/quote]Gah! How dare you forget one of the most anticipated titles of this generation!

It's okay, Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Daddy still loves you.

FF13 sort of depends on how many of those people starving for RPGs have bought into next-gen. If there was already some attrition on the PS2, then getting MORE to buy the game on PS3, which in many cases will require also buying the PS3, it might be tough. But it could also sell millions for the case myke described.

And I would like to say that those adventure game numbers sort of put Z&W in perspective. It didn't sell well, but relative to similar games, it did alright.

[quote name='Strell']A niche point-and-click adventure game versus a hyped up commercialized JRPG?

I'd say if it got comparable sales that it exceeded expectations by a lot.[/quote]Are we talking about the same Enchanted Arms?

The nearly one year old port of a poor 360 game that no one gave a crap about the first time around?

Kane and Lynch: Apparently you forgot that (a) the game launched in November not December, (b) NPD is US only, and (c) NPD doesnt count PC sales. Current worldwide sales of the game are 1.3 million.

Zack and Wiki: both of the games you mentioned in comparison were multi-platform and sold more overall than Zack and Wiki. There really isn't anyway to spin it other than Zack was out-sold by a some really garbage games. Golden Compass (metacritic rating 36) sold twice as many on Wii as Zack.

Seven million-selling PS3 games, 40 million-selling DS games etc, etc. The world is more than just the US.

[quote name='suko_32']Has anyone asked about the sells for God Hand?[/QUOTE]

God Hand - 42k

[quote name='donkeydrop']Kane and Lynch: Apparently you forgot that (a) the game launched in November not December, (b) NPD is US only, and (c) NPD doesnt count PC sales. Current worldwide sales of the game are 1.3 million.

Zack and Wiki: both of the games you mentioned in comparison were multi-platform and sold more overall than Zack and Wiki. There really isn't anyway to spin it other than Zack was out-sold by a some really garbage games. Golden Compass (metacritic rating 36) sold twice as many on Wii as Zack.

Seven million-selling PS3 games, 40 million-selling DS games etc, etc. The world is more than just the US.[/QUOTE]

Ummmm....ok. I'm pretty sure I've been really clear that these are just the American sales figures. But I do seriously doubt that the rest of the world bough K&L at a 2:1 ratio over the US, especially when it's a fairly US-centric title.

And Yes, Z&W has been outsold by about 200 games December. Doesn't mean it's a bomb.

And I certainly didn't mean to piss in your Cheerios, though I kinda wish I had.

[quote name='donkeydrop']Kane and Lynch: Apparently you forgot that (a) the game launched in November not December, (b) NPD is US only, and (c) NPD doesnt count PC sales. Current worldwide sales of the game are 1.3 million.

Seven million-selling PS3 games, 40 million-selling DS games etc, etc. The world is more than just the US.[/quote]

dude don't be a dick, he doesn't have to do any of this.

I didn't see anything offensive about donkeydrop's post (except maybe his username). He's just arguing that Zack and Wiki WAS a failure, and he has a decent argument, too.

I think you guys are being a bit too defensive.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I didn't see anything offensive about donkeydrop's post (except maybe his username). He's just arguing that Zack and Wiki WAS a failure, and he has a decent argument, too.

I think you guys are being a bit too defensive.[/quote]

i dunno man, it seemed like there was attitude in his reply, but maybe thats just me

[quote name='donkeydrop'] Golden Compass (metacritic rating 36) sold twice as many on Wii as Zack.
[/QUOTE]

Meet the Spartans is going to pull in more ticket sales than movies that win awards. It was the #1 movie this past weekend.

You're confusing sales as an indication of quality, when there's a lot of evidence to suggest that the two are not anywhere near related.

[quote name='roland13x']
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2 and Xbox) - 246k (PS2)
[/QUOTE]
Why the fuck does this go for $60+ then? :lol: It's not like there was a low production run or something.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Why the fuck does this go for $60+ then? :lol: It's not like there was a low production run or something.[/QUOTE]

Because all the people who own it aren't trading it back in and no new copies are being produced. So if product demand is greater than supply = you can ask whatever price you feel like.

Looks like Nintendo has recently released their 1,000,000+ worldwide titles [Nintendo Financial Briefing]:

Wii

Wii Sports - 17,850,000
Wii Play - 9,230,000
Super Mario Galaxy - 5,190,000
Mario Party 8 - 4,350,000
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 4,300,000
Super Paper Mario - 2,160,000
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree - 2,000,000
Mario Strikers Charged - 1,650,000
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 1,140,000
Link's Crossbow Training - 1,070,000
Wii Fit - 1,050,000

Nintendo DS

Nintendogs - 17,790,000
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl - 14,170,000
New Super Mario Bros. - 13,140,000
Brain Age - 11,710,000
Brain Age 2 - 9,840,000
Mario Kart DS - 9,670,000
Animal Crossing Wild World - 9,200,000
Super Mario 64 DS - 5,780,000
Big Brain Academy - 4,610,000
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 3,820,000
Pokemon Ranger - 2,610,000
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness - 1,540,000

The one big surprise to me is Super Mario 64 DS. That's a lot of copies...

5+ million Mario Galaxy?

That's can't be right. That's one for every third/fourth Wii owner.

And Mario Party 8 selling 4+ million? Good god, even I think that series (and that specific version) is stale and sour.

[quote name='Strell']5+ million Mario Galaxy?

That's can't be right. That's one for every third/fourth Wii owner.

And Mario Party 8 selling 4+ million? Good god, even I think that series (and that specific version) is stale and sour.[/QUOTE]

Same opinion here on Mario Party 8. I love the series because I always play it with 3 others, but even I have to admit it's one of the worse ones in the series.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Thats fair. There is something to be said about competing when your competitors are scarce. If Red Steel & Rayman can sell gangbusters because there isnt anything else on the field, FF13 can certainly do well. Or maybe there will be other RPGs to crowd the field between now and FOREVER[/QUOTE]

on the PS3, Wii, or 360? nope. it's not like anyone but the amazing "Miyazaki of vidyagaems" story telling, Final Fantasy creating powerhouse of an old man designer...wait, what was his name again?...well, he's the only one creating RPGs it seems. it's a shame they're a waste of time though. :lol:

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Looks like Nintendo has recently released their 1,000,000+ worldwide titles [Nintendo Financial Briefing]:

Wii

Wii Sports - 17,850,000 N/A
Wii Play - 9,230,000 4.12M
Super Mario Galaxy - 5,190,000 2.52M
Mario Party 8 - 4,350,000 1.82M
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 4,300,000 1.95M
Super Paper Mario - 2,160,000 900k
Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree - 2,000,000 342k
Mario Strikers Charged - 1,650,000 491k
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 1,140,000 604k
Link's Crossbow Training - 1,070,000 Not tracked
Wii Fit - 1,050,000

Nintendo DS

Nintendogs - 17,790,000 5.55M
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl - 14,170,000 4.24M
New Super Mario Bros. - 13,140,000 3.47M
Brain Age - 11,710,000 2.10M
Brain Age 2 - 9,840,000 1.25M
Mario Kart DS - 9,670,000 2.60M
Animal Crossing Wild World - 9,200,000 1.53M
Super Mario 64 DS - 5,780,000 2.30M
Big Brain Academy - 4,610,000 1.23M
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 3,820,000 1.11M
Pokemon Ranger - 2,610,000 878k
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Explorers of Darkness - 1,540,000 1.01M

The one big surprise to me is Super Mario 64 DS. That's a lot of copies...[/QUOTE]

Just for the hell of it, I've put the NPD numbers next to the worldwide numbers. Should give us an interesting perspective...I think...

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Looks like Nintendo has recently released their 1,000,000+ worldwide titles [Nintendo Financial Briefing]:

Wii

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - 1,140,000 604k[/QUOTE]

While still disappointing, I'm relieved to see MP3 break 1 mil worldwide. Thanks, Europeans. Come on, 2 mil! :D

And holy fuck at the Nintendogs numbers.

roland: If you could, please...

Eternal Sonata (360)
Blue Dragon (360)
Picross (DS)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii, Cube, and PS2)

My apologies if any of those are repeat requests.

[quote name='Callandor']While still disappointing, I'm relieved to see MP3 break 1 mil worldwide. Thanks, Europeans. Come on, 2 mil! :D

And holy fuck at the Nintendogs numbers.

roland: If you could, please...

Eternal Sonata (360)
Blue Dragon (360)
Picross (DS)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii, Cube, and PS2)

My apologies if any of those are repeat requests.[/QUOTE]

No worries on a few repeats.

Eternal Sonata (360) - 70k
Blue Dragon (360) - 114k
Picross (DS) - 92k
Resident Evil 4 (Wii, Cube, and PS2) - 1.12M (PS2) 501k (Wii) 828k (GCN)

Some seriously healthy numbers for RE4...

That's can't be right. That's one for every third/fourth Wii owner.[/QUOTE]

It's probably not right, then. Eidos (or whomever) was full of it when they said Kane and Lynch sold a miilion, and Sony and MS like to use shipped numbers of consoles instead of sold - but it's safe to assume they aren't alone in this regard, y'know (the exception being the Wii console itself, where the ratio of shipped to sold is damn near 1:1).

[quote name='Apossum']on the PS3, Wii, or 360? nope. it's not like anyone but the amazing "Miyazaki of vidyagaems" story telling, Final Fantasy creating powerhouse of an old man designer...wait, what was his name again?...well, he's the only one creating RPGs it seems. it's a shame they're a waste of time though. :lol:[/QUOTE]

C'mon, give Mistwalker some credit. Blue Dragon is more like a day old pastry from a very good bakery.

All of Nintendo's official numbers are shipped to retailers, not sold through to consumers. So all those numbers are higher than actual sales. But safe to say Galaxy is probably close. 2.5 million from NPD (just US), around a million for Japan, I can't see it being too hard for it to sell another million-plus in the rest of the world.

[quote name='Callandor']While still disappointing, I'm relieved to see MP3 break 1 mil worldwide. Thanks, Europeans. Come on, 2 mil! :D[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that MP3 still hasn't been released in Japan. Japan is usually the lowest region in sales with the prime series, but I expect to see at least 50,000-100,000 copies. At the very least, it should surpass Echos' sales amount.

Wow at the RE4 numbers. I didn't think PS2 version sold that well.

Seriously, Capcom should take the Mercenaries minigame, expand it and add a tutorial, maybe some more levels and characters, bump up the graphics and frame rate, and put it out on XBLA. I'd pay 800-1200 points for it, especially if they added online coop. My friends still think I'm nuts after seeing all my 5-star ratings on the Cube version. :D It would make a great promotion for RE5 if they timed it right.

[quote name='roland13x']No worries on a few repeats.

Eternal Sonata (360) - 70k
Blue Dragon (360) - 114k
Picross (DS) - 92k
Resident Evil 4 (Wii, Cube, and PS2) - 1.12M (PS2) 501k (Wii) 828k (GCN)

Some seriously healthy numbers for RE4...[/quote]
how about the rest of the RE series?

Resident Evil aka REmake (GCN)
Resident Evil Deadly Silence (DS)
RE2 (GCN)
RE3 (GCN)
RE Code Veronica (PS2)
RE Code Veronica (GCN)
RE Zero (GCN)
RE Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)
RE Dead Aim (PS2)
RE Outbreak (PS2)
RE Outbreak File 2 (PS2)

Katamari series?

Katamari Damacy ps2
We Love Katamari ps2
Me and my Katamari psp
Beautiful Katamari 360

various

300 (PSP)
Pursuit Force (PSP)
Soulcalibur Legends (Wii)
Contact (DS)
Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime (DS)
Spanish for Everyone -remember those videos?(DS)

ps: Contra 4 is freakin awesome.

That can't be right. That's one for every third/fourth Wii owner.
[/quote]

Why does that seem so off? Mario is the flagship franchise of Nintendo and that game's probably the only 100% no-questions-asked suggestion on what to buy for the system.

Wow, this thread is a really interesting read!

roland13x, if you have the time, could you give the numbers for the bottom 5 selling GBA games? If I were to predict, I would say Book Worm, Super Collapse 2, Muppets Pinball Mayhem...and two others.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back