Kane & Lynch didn't sell 1,000,000 & Zack & Wiki didn't bomb, and other sales facts..

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']

C'mon, give Mistwalker some credit. Blue Dragon is more like a day old pastry from a very good bakery.[/QUOTE]

It's the danish with the filling I don't want :( Lost Odyssey seemed like it had so much potential as well...now the 20 hours of cut scenes and insane battle loading times killed the dream.

[quote name='Josef']Wow, this thread is a really interesting read!

roland13x, if you have the time, could you give the numbers for the bottom 5 selling GBA games? If I were to predict, I would say Book Worm, Super Collapse 2, Muppets Pinball Mayhem...and two others.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Heh....good guesses...

Bottom five tracked GBA games (as of Feb 07) are:

GBA GREMLINS:STRIPE GIZMO - 91 units (not thousands...units)
GBA A SOUND OF THUNDER - 89
GBA REC ROOM TRIPLE PACK - 60
GBA DISNEY SNOWBOARDING - 34
GBA LOONEY TUNES DUAL PACK - 12

[quote name='The Crotch']Ooh! Ooh! What about Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Warrior (ugh...) Within, and Two Thrones?[/QUOTE]

Amazing how great that franchise rebirth started. How sad it ended up like that.

SoT - 205k (GCN) 438k (XBX) 706k (PS2)
WW - 122k (GCN) 378k (XBX) 426k (PS2)
TT - 97k (GCN) 263k (XBX) 486k (PS2)

[quote name='moblin']how about the rest of the RE series?

Resident Evil aka REmake (GCN)
Resident Evil Deadly Silence (DS)
RE2 (GCN)
RE3 (GCN)
RE Code Veronica (PS2)
RE Code Veronica (GCN)
RE Zero (GCN)
RE Umbrella Chronicles (Wii)
RE Dead Aim (PS2)
RE Outbreak (PS2)
RE Outbreak File 2 (PS2)

Katamari series?

Katamari Damacy ps2
We Love Katamari ps2
Me and my Katamari psp
Beautiful Katamari 360

various

300 (PSP)
Pursuit Force (PSP)
Soulcalibur Legends (Wii)
Contact (DS)
Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime (DS)
Spanish for Everyone -remember those videos?(DS)

ps: Contra 4 is freakin awesome.[/QUOTE]

Just curious...did you actually play 300?

Resident Evil aka REmake (GCN) - 546k
Resident Evil Deadly Silence (DS) - 107k
RE2 (GCN) - 36k
RE3 (GCN) - 49k
RE Code Veronica (PS2) - 893k
RE Code Veronica (GCN) - 38k
RE Zero (GCN) - 456k
RE Umbrella Chronicles (Wii) - 268k
RE Dead Aim (PS2) - 142k
RE Outbreak (PS2) - 447k
RE Outbreak File 2 (PS2) - 185k
Katamari Damacy ps2 - 407k
We Love Katamari ps2 - 227k
Me and my Katamari psp - 79k
Beautiful Katamari 360 - 62k
300 (PSP) - 157k
Pursuit Force (PSP) - 121k
Soulcalibur Legends (Wii) - 53k
Contact (DS) - 44k
Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime (DS) - 85k
Spanish for Everyone -remember those videos?(DS) - 7,743 amusing stereotypes

Poor Prince of Persia. Two Thrones was a hell of a lot better than Warrior Within, but that game... that game was just so abysmal. So many things with Warrior Within - it should be used in schools as an example of how to murder a franchise.[quote name='roland13x']
RE Outbreak (PS2) - 447k
RE Outbreak File 2 (PS2) - 185k
[/quote]Yeah, I figured that would happen with that one. "Online zombie apocalypse! Awesome! No voice chat? That's fine, that's fine. I can still type, you know.

Wait, what?"

How how 'bout these?

Blinx: The Time Sweeper - Xbox
Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space - Xbox
Quantum Redshift - Xbox
Kakuto Chojin - Xbox
Deathrow - Xbox
Deus Ex- Xbox

[quote name='Rozz']How how 'bout these?

Blinx: The Time Sweeper - Xbox
Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space - Xbox
Quantum Redshift - Xbox
Kakuto Chojin - Xbox
Deathrow - Xbox
Deus Ex- Xbox[/QUOTE]

Super Bowl Halftime Edition...

Blinx: The Time Sweeper - Xbox 313k
Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space - Xbox 95k
Quantum Redshift - Xbox 72k
Kakuto Chojin - Xbox 28k
Deathrow - Xbox 37k
Deus Ex- Xbox 200k (I'm assuming you mean DE2. I loved the first one big time. Possibly one of my most favorite games of all time. Could not wait for 2. Installed it, played the first 3 completely mediocre hours. It then decided to erase my save games. Yay!

[quote name='roland13x']Heh....good guesses...

GBA GREMLINS:STRIPE GIZMO - 91 units (not thousands...units)
GBA A SOUND OF THUNDER - 89
GBA REC ROOM TRIPLE PACK - 60
GBA DISNEY SNOWBOARDING - 34
GBA LOONEY TUNES DUAL PACK - 12

[/QUOTE]

Thanks much! That reminds me, I got to track down that Gremlins game. The only one I have on that list is A Sound of Thunder and I just got that from the KB.com winter clearance over a month ago, so that number is at least up to 90 units sold now!

[quote name='roland13x']Heh....good guesses...

GBA GREMLINS:STRIPE GIZMO - 91 units (not thousands...units)[/QUOTE]

Nice! I own that along with the box and manual. I wonder how much that one is worth?

Here's my theory on why there's a typical drop off in sales as a franchise continues.

When something is brand new or a reintvneion of something it usually sparks a ton of interest and when people buy it, they're basically buying the game blind. They have no previous game to hold it up against to compare. Then if a game is good enough to warrant a sequel, the first game will drop in price and that will get people to buy it if they haven't yet played it. Those people that bought the first game after the second one came out are probably buying it because they see a sequel and have heard that the first game is decent and since it's cheap then why not check it out. $20 isin't a big loss if they're stuck wiht a game they don't like. Now by the time the 3rd game comes out there's many factors as to why there's usually a significant difference between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Now the first one has been out for probably 4 years at that point and has been cheap for 3 of those years and the idea of people not playing the original and now seeing a third sequel will once again spark an interest in the game just to check it out, so once again, due to a sequel people want to check out the original. If people liked the original then they'll buy the second one that's now cheap due a third installment coming out, but people liking the first one or not will filter out some of those people that buy the second one. Now for the third one and why it's usually the lowest may have to do with the fact that it's been out the shortest amount of time and for some reason the 2nd game in a trilogy is always the worst. 2nd games are usually cash in games with minor improvements over the original and just enough change in the game to say that it's different but usually nothing major. The people that were just curious about the first one that trickeled to the 2nd one aren't necessairly the cor fan base of the series and if the 2nd one sucked then they won't be there for the 3rd and in the end the 3rd will just end up being the core supporters of whatever franchise. That's my explanation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that that's out of the way I was curious about movie based games. I want to see how much the movie's popularity influences the game's sales. Here's what I can come up with. I don't know the movie #'s but you can pretty much determine if something was popular by how much merchandise you still see for what ever movie.

- Incredibles
- Happy Feet
- Madagascar (had one of the highest first weekend openings)
- Chicken Little
- Ant Bully
- Surf's Up (movie bombed so bad.. surfing penguin, on a beach at that c'mon)
- TMNT (I think this did about 80 mil in theaters but I still think that's bad for this franchise)
- Enchanted... (I think there's a game for this, movie did pretty well but the live action stuff probably didn't do so good merchandise wise, the chick is hot though.)

[quote name='roland13x']Just curious...did you actually play 300?

[/quote]
No, I just like the movie. Strange that they only made it for psp. (Good sales for Katamari, strange it never had a Greatest Hits version)

Do you have any info on how the different SKUs of the 360 have sold?

[quote name='The Crotch']....Warrior Within, but that game... that game was just so abysmal. So many things with Warrior Within - it should be used in schools as an example of how to murder a franchise.[/QUOTE]

Totally. I loved Sands of Time, but probably didn't get even 50% through WW before quitting.

I hope you're not busy at 6:30pm on the 14th, roland. I'm putting in a preemptive request for No More Heroes at that time.

Thanks for the info Roland. What a great read.

Was wondering about these titles:

Growlanser Generations
Growlanser: Heritage of War
Advance Wars
AW 2
AW DS
Star Ocean: til the end of time
Valkyrie Profile: lenneth
KOTOR
KOTOR 2

Always wondered where these numbers could be found. I had no idea they were kept "secret".

[quote name='emceelokey']Now that that's out of the way I was curious about movie based games. I want to see how much the movie's popularity influences the game's sales. Here's what I can come up with. I don't know the movie #'s but you can pretty much determine if something was popular by how much merchandise you still see for what ever movie.

- Incredibles
- Happy Feet
- Madagascar (had one of the highest first weekend openings)
- Chicken Little
- Ant Bully
- Surf's Up (movie bombed so bad.. surfing penguin, on a beach at that c'mon)
- TMNT (I think this did about 80 mil in theaters but I still think that's bad for this franchise)
- Enchanted... (I think there's a game for this, movie did pretty well but the live action stuff probably didn't do so good merchandise wise, the chick is hot though.)[/QUOTE]

Incredibles - 820k (PS2) $261M domestic
Happy Feet - 240k (PS2) 96k (Wii) 226k (DS) $198M domestic
Madagascar - 677k (PS2) 181k (DS) $193M domestic [Also one of my favorite territories in RISK]
Chicken Little - 264k (PS2) $135M domestic
Ant Bully - 103k (PS2) 31k (Wii) $28M domestic
Surf's Up - 72k (PS2) 60k (Wii) 59k (DS) $58M domestic
TMNT - 296k (PS2) 104k (360) 86k (Wii) 126k (DS) $54M domestic
Enchanted - 69k (DS) $125M domestic

[quote name='moblin']Do you have any info on how the different SKUs of the 360 have sold?[/QUOTE]

The figures I have don't break down the different SKUs of each platform, just the platform as a whole.

[quote name='botticus']I hope you're not busy at 6:30pm on the 14th, roland. I'm putting in a preemptive request for No More Heroes at that time.[/QUOTE]

As long as the NPD doesn't waterboard me, I should have them a day or two after they're released.

[quote name='emg28']Thanks for the info Roland. What a great read.

Was wondering about these titles:

Growlanser Generations
Growlanser: Heritage of War
Advance Wars
AW 2
AW DS
Star Ocean: til the end of time
Valkyrie Profile: lenneth
KOTOR
KOTOR 2

Always wondered where these numbers could be found. I had no idea they were kept "secret".[/QUOTE]

Growlanser Generations - 62k (includes the deluxe version)
Growlanser: Heritage of War - 5,708
Advance Wars - 401k
AW 2 - 373k
AW DS - 262k
Star Ocean: til the end of time - 671k
Valkyrie Profile: lenneth - 117k
KOTOR - 1.31M
KOTOR 2 - 825k

[quote name='Dead of Knight']:rofl: Bet Atlus is regretting that one. I KNEW it'd bomb.[/QUOTE]
at least Atlus said they will only make one print. There are still 3+ copies at local gamestop.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Totally. I loved Sands of Time, but probably didn't get even 50% through WW before quitting.[/quote]I beat it out of sheer "fuck you, you can't make me give up!"

Though the bit where a boss (the same boss that you had killed about five times by that point) starts throwing exploding dogs at you gave me a powerful urge just to turn my Wii off.

[quote name='Blackout542']That can't be real.[/QUOTE]

This game was released in Japan and Europe, but not USA. My guess is that someone like Fry's or whatever, that sells certain import portable games, sold a few copies and reported them.

Growlanser: Heritage of War - 5,708 huh? I wonder what the print run was. Also, I'd be willing to bet this is going to be worth some real cash in a couple of years.

[quote name='n8n8baby']Growlanser: Heritage of War - 5,708 huh? I wonder what the print run was. Also, I'd be willing to bet this is going to be worth some real cash in a couple of years.[/QUOTE]
The game fucking blew is why it sold like crap. Atlus claimed there was only one print run of the game; I forget what the print run was, or if they even made that number public. I doubt it'll be pricey in the next few years considering it's trash.

appreciate ya takin the time to list sales, roland

a couple more:

Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3)
Ridge Racer 7 (PS3)
warhawk (ps3)
rainbow6 vegas (PS3)
GRAW2 (PS3)
UT3 (PS3)
heavenly sword
any Eye of Judgement sales?

Yakuza (PS2)

Loco Roco (psp)
metal gear acid 2 (psp)
burnout 2 (psp)

[quote name='cargo555']appreciate ya takin the time to list sales, roland

a couple more:[/QUOTE]

A good time to take a break from work...

Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3) - 151k (51k 360)
Ridge Racer 7 (PS3) - 114k
warhawk (ps3) - 172k
rainbow6 vegas (PS3) - 248k (1.04M 360)
GRAW2 (PS3) - 121k (638k 360)
UT3 (PS3) - 113k
heavenly sword - 278k
Eye of Judgement - 51k
Yakuza (PS2) - 48k
Loco Roco (psp) - 113k
metal gear acid 2 (psp) - 92k
burnout 2 (psp) - 95k

I would like to know if the sales of Shenmue II for XBox were worthy of stripping it from the waiting hands of Dreamcast owners. If you have EU sales numbers for Shenmue II (DC) as well as the original title's numbers (worldwide), that'd be fantastic.

Oooh, and how 'bout D (PSX, SAT), D2 (DC), and Enemy Zero (SAT)?

Thanks in advance. I love this thread.

[quote name='cargo555']whoops forgot one more:

gurumin (psp)

thanx lots[/QUOTE]

I had a few business meetings with the guy who runs Mastiff. Super nice guy, and someone who really does care about his audience. Sadly, that feels more and more rare these days. But then again, a truly independent publisher like Mastiff is very rare these days too.

Gurumin - 20k

[quote name='GizmoGC']How about Ribbit King for Gamecube/PS2? Love that game.[/QUOTE]

Ribbit King - 36k (PS2) 32k (GCN)

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']I would like to know if the sales of Shenmue II for XBox were worthy of stripping it from the waiting hands of Dreamcast owners. If you have EU sales numbers for Shenmue II (DC) as well as the original title's numbers (worldwide), that'd be fantastic.

Oooh, and how 'bout D (PSX, SAT), D2 (DC), and Enemy Zero (SAT)?

Thanks in advance. I love this thread.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! This thread has been pretty fun to do. I only have US console numbers, and nothing from the PS1/SAT/DC era.

Shenmue II - 179k

i am too lazy to do this, but it would be cool if someone could just take all the posts and put them on one post alphabetically to be able to see everything at once.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i am too lazy to do this, but it would be cool if someone could just take all the posts and put them on one post alphabetically to be able to see everything at once.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of suggesting that. But then I also think that's a great way to get the NPD's attention. Probably not a good idea to let that happen...

Ooh how about some perverted games.

- Playboy The Mansion
- Leisure Suit Larry
- The Guy Game
- Rumble Roses
- Rumble Roses XX

and just out of pure curiosity
Firefighter F.D. 18 (ps2)

How long does it take to get the numbers. Did you say you were able to get the numbers for No More Heroes? If you can get stuff that current can you get the Advance Wars: Days of Ruin numbers as well? Thanks.

[quote name='roland13x']Just for the hell of it, I've put the NPD numbers next to the worldwide numbers. Should give us an interesting perspective...I think...

Link's Crossbow Training - 1,070,000 Not tracked[/quote]
Is the Wii Zapper accessory tracked?

My personal faves:

Wario games

Wario Land 4 (GBA)
Wario Ware Inc (GBA)
Wario Ware Twisted (GBA)
Wario World (GCN)
Wario Ware Mega Party games (GCN)
Wario Ware Touched (DS)
Wario Ware Smooth Moves (Wii)

Klonoa

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (ps2)
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (gba)
Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament (gba)

Wario-like

Hot Pixel (psp)
WTF work time fun (psp)

really interesting, again thanks.

[quote name='emceelokey']Ooh how about some perverted games.

- Playboy The Mansion
- Leisure Suit Larry
- The Guy Game
- Rumble Roses
- Rumble Roses XX

How long does it take to get the numbers. Did you say you were able to get the numbers for No More Heroes? If you can get stuff that current can you get the Advance Wars: Days of Ruin numbers as well? Thanks.[/quote]
You forgot

DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball
DOA Xtreme 2
BMX XXX

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The game fucking blew is why it sold like crap. Atlus claimed there was only one print run of the game; I forget what the print run was, or if they even made that number public. I doubt it'll be pricey in the next few years considering it's trash.[/QUOTE]

So you're one of the 5707 others who have played it, or are you just regurgitating something you read on the internet?

[quote name='emceelokey']
How long does it take to get the numbers. Did you say you were able to get the numbers for No More Heroes? If you can get stuff that current can you get the Advance Wars: Days of Ruin numbers as well? Thanks.[/quote]The numbers for January are officially released on Valentine's Day, and from his last note it looks like he will have them a couple days later.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The game fucking blew is why it sold like crap. Atlus claimed there was only one print run of the game; I forget what the print run was, or if they even made that number public. I doubt it'll be pricey in the next few years considering it's trash.[/quote]

I doubt that Atlus made that number public considering almost all of there games have small print runs and this fact helps them sell there niche games. If people knew how many were out there , that could considerable affect sales (for better or for worse). In all honesty though I doubt the print run for Heritage of War was anymore than 10,000 tops , and probably less than that. Although it would give us the ability to see how close Atlus came to completly selling out the game.

I'm not sure about the game being crap or not , it has a 60 on metacritic if anybody cares , I'd consider that subpar but not crap.

Personally , I actually did want to get Heritage of War partly cause I like to collect Atlus games and partly cause I thought it'd be good. What killed it for me though was the "deluxe" packaging of it. Even though it was a great deal with all the stuff for $50 , I just wanted the game , I wasn't a die-hard fan of the series enough to care about the rest of the goodies. I would've payed $30 for the game alone than $50 for the crap along with it. Maybe I'll still get the game anyway since there still seems to be a few floating around.

[quote name='emceelokey']Ooh how about some perverted games.

- Playboy The Mansion
- Leisure Suit Larry
- The Guy Game
- Rumble Roses
- Rumble Roses XX

How long does it take to get the numbers. Did you say you were able to get the numbers for No More Heroes? If you can get stuff that current can you get the Advance Wars: Days of Ruin numbers as well? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Huzzah! Let's see how many creepy(?) consumers there are...

Playboy The Mansion - 79k (PS2) 56k (XBX)
Leisure Suit Larry - 153k (PS2) 99k (XBX)
The Guy Game - 54k (PS2) 41k (XBX)
Rumble Roses - 197k (PS2)
Rumble Roses XX - 69k (360)
Firefighter F.D. 18 (ps2) - 27k

I'll be able to get numbers for recent items probably the week of the 18th, though that's the same week as GDC, so who knows if anyone will actually be at their desks.

Man, that Firefighter game is really one of the major reasons why we had such a tough time finding a publishing deal for our Wii Firefighter title. We would constantly hear "but the PS2 firefighter sold like crap." Well, yeah it did. Because it pretty much sucked. How well did guitar games sell prior to the guitar controllers becoming mainstream? Well, now we've got the mainstream controller a firefighting game needs. I swear...publishers generally are ridiculously narrow-minded. OK, rant over...

[quote name='moblin']Is the Wii Zapper accessory tracked?

My personal faves:

Wario games

Wario Land 4 (GBA)
Wario Ware Inc (GBA)
Wario Ware Twisted (GBA)
Wario World (GCN)
Wario Ware Mega Party games (GCN)
Wario Ware Touched (DS)
Wario Ware Smooth Moves (Wii)

Klonoa

Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (ps2)
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (gba)
Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament (gba)

Wario-like

Hot Pixel (psp)
WTF work time fun (psp)

really interesting, again thanks.[/QUOTE]

Wario Land 4 (GBA) - 718k
Wario Ware Inc (GBA) - 248k
Wario Ware Twisted (GBA) - 219k
Wario World (GCN) - 289k
Wario Ware Mega Party games (GCN) - 167k
Wario Ware Touched (DS) - 431k
Wario Ware Smooth Moves (Wii) - 645k
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (ps2) - 99k
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (gba) - 115k
Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament (gba) - 18k
Hot Pixel (psp) - 1,091 [wow]
WTF work time fun (psp) - 31k

[quote name='moblin']You forgot

DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball
DOA Xtreme 2
BMX XXX[/QUOTE]

Back to the boobies...

DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball - 284k (XBX)
DOA Xtreme 2 - 84k (360)
BMX XXX - 57k (PS2) 64k (XBX)

[quote name='CheapyD']Got any info on the retailers? I'm curious about the current market share war.[/QUOTE]

Nothing on specific retailers. The numbers I've got are not the full package, but rather tailored specifically to a publisher.

How about one my favorite 360 launch titles, Condemned? I'm guessing it sold around 200k to 250k between 360 and the PC for it to get a sequel.

Also, here's a question I've been trying to figure out. How can a developer still stay in business without releasing any titles? The example I'll use is Silicon Knights. What was the last title that actually shipped? Eternal Darkness? It was a great game, but I don't think it sold millions of copies.

We all know Too Human has been delayed for quite awhile. I'm curious on how they keep the company afloat without releasing any titles to bring in some revenue.

Thanks!

Edit: I forgot they also put out Twin Snakes in '04. Still, it's been awhile! :)

Have some more for you.

Phantom Brave
Makai Kingdom
LaPucelle Tactics
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: Lost Age
Yggdra Union
FF Tactics Advance
Tactics Ogre (gba)
Shining Force (gba)

Thanks.

[quote name='Walt Jay']How about one my favorite 360 launch titles, Condemned? I'm guessing it sold around 200k to 250k between 360 and the PC for it to get a sequel.

Also, here's a question I've been trying to figure out. How can a developer still stay in business without releasing any titles? The example I'll use is Silicon Knights. What was the last title that actually shipped? Eternal Darkness? It was a great game, but I don't think it sold millions of copies.

We all know Too Human has been delayed for quite awhile. I'm curious on how they keep the company afloat without releasing any titles to bring in some revenue.

Thanks!

Edit: I forgot they also put out Twin Snakes in '04. Still, it's been awhile! :)[/QUOTE]

I loved Condemned as well, really happy Monolith is getting a good amount of time to make the sequel as good as it can be.

There are two ways for a developer to afford to make a game. The first is the (now unfortunately) traditional way, where they sign with a publisher and get paid in milestones. For example, when the game design document is delivered, that milestone is paid. Depending on the project, developer and publisher, there could be as few as 8 milestones to dozens and dozens of them. As far as I know, this is how Silicon Knights' income is coming in, through their publishing deal with Microsoft. If the developer and publisher realize that the project isn't going to be finished in time, they can work out some sort of deal to get an extension. This can get real ugly though if the developer is considered at fault. Delays really suck on both ends of that spectrum though.

The second way, which is a lot less common but gaining a bit of momentum, is to self finance your own project. You can either have personal/private money, or go through some sort of venture capitalist. This is what Bioware/Pandemic had prior to EA purchasing them. The great thing about this method is that you're generally not going to answer to a publisher. The game is essentially yours, for better or worse. The downside to this is that you most likely have to give up a significant piece of your company to secure these funds.

My biggest complaint with the system as it is now is that there is no middle-man. Look at the movie industry. Sure, the movie studios sometimes fund their own projects, but more often than not there is the middle-man production company that foots the bill. This allows the filmmakers to actually make things outside of studio influence but still getting the financing they need. Right now, chances are you need publisher money to get a game made. Though it is changing a bit with private money coming into the system, the majority of developers are still in a 'work for hire' phase. It's tough, and I do think it'll change. It'll have to.

Again, rant over....let's get to the numbers.

Comdemned - 328k (360)

[quote name='emg28']Have some more for you.

Phantom Brave
Makai Kingdom
LaPucelle Tactics
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: Lost Age
Yggdra Union
FF Tactics Advance
Tactics Ogre (gba)
Shining Force (gba)

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Phantom Brave - 59k
Makai Kingdom - 50k
LaPucelle Tactics - 75k
Golden Sun - 743k
Golden Sun: Lost Age - 491k
Yggdra Union - 12k
FF Tactics Advance - 662k
Tactics Ogre (gba) - 101k
Shining Force (gba) - 47k

[quote name='gunm']How much did Elder Scrolls Oblivion sell across all platforms?[/QUOTE]

Oblivion - 1.05M (360) 200k (PS3)
CE - 180k (360)
GOTY - 138k (360) 51k (PS3)
Shivering Isles - 55k (360) 17k (PS3)

I'm curious what the sales trends of the WWE wrestling games have looked like over the past few years. Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 was a substantial disappointment (IMO), so I'm hoping it didn't do very well (relatively speaking, of course), in order to light a fire under the developers' asses.

Also, could you compare SvR 2008 for PS3 and 360? Most 360 titles seem to sell 3-5:1 over the PS3, but in this case, the 360 version had a substantial advantage (custom entrance themes) that the PS3 version did not. I'm curious if that had any impact on sales at all (again, I hope the ratio is even larger so developers know how crucial such a feature is in a wrestling game).

As always, Roland, thanks.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm curious what the sales trends of the WWE wrestling games have looked like over the past few years. Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 was a substantial disappointment (IMO), so I'm hoping it didn't do very well (relatively speaking, of course), in order to light a fire under the developers' asses.

Also, could you compare SvR 2008 for PS3 and 360? Most 360 titles seem to sell 3-5:1 over the PS3, but in this case, the 360 version had a substantial advantage (custom entrance themes) that the PS3 version did not. I'm curious if that had any impact on sales at all (again, I hope the ratio is even larger so developers know how crucial such a feature is in a wrestling game).

As always, Roland, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Check me in case I missed any...

SvR 2006 - 1.35M (PS2)
SvR 2007 - 392k (360) 1.31M (PS2)
SvR 2008 - 278k (360) 135k (PS3) 189k (Wii) 640k (PS2)

Wow, those PS2 numbers just blow the others away. Even on the 2008 version.

2006 was the first year they "Madden-fied" the series with a consistent name and year attached to it.

2005: Smackdown vs Raw
2004: Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain
2003: Smackdown! Just Bring It
prior to that are the PS1 games, which probably aren't interesting. If you have time, I'd like to see those numbers as well. The series hit its peak in gameplay and roster with Here Comes the Pain, IMO, so I'm curious to see how well its moved over time.

2007: 1.7m over two systems
2008: 1.2m over 4 systems (discounting the I'm-sure-they-didn't-do-well-let-alone-500K-to-keep-pace PSP/DS editions)

Over a 33% drop from 2007 to 2008. Hooray! Maybe they'll learn! (though, with selling over 1m, I'm sure they made plenty of money and will continue to not care about the quality of the product).

It's simply amazing to see 2008(360) sold at a mere 2:1 (and some change) over the PS3. So much for exclusive features mattering, eh? That's a relatively low ratio compared to other multiplatform titles.

Thanks.

[quote name='mykevermin']2006 was the first year they "Madden-fied" the series with a consistent name and year attached to it.

2005: Smackdown vs Raw
2004: Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain
2003: Smackdown! Just Bring It
prior to that are the PS1 games, which probably aren't interesting. If you have time, I'd like to see those numbers as well. The series hit its peak in gameplay and roster with Here Comes the Pain, IMO, so I'm curious to see how well its moved over time.

2007: 1.7m over two systems
2008: 1.2m over 4 systems (discounting the I'm-sure-they-didn't-do-well-let-alone-500K-to-keep-pace PSP/DS editions)

Over a 33% drop from 2007 to 2008. Hooray! Maybe they'll learn! (though, with selling over 1m, I'm sure they made plenty of money and will continue to not care about the quality of the product).

It's simply amazing to see 2008(360) sold at a mere 2:1 (and some change) over the PS3. So much for exclusive features mattering, eh? That's a relatively low ratio compared to other multiplatform titles.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Sure, let's hit those up...

2005: Smackdown vs Raw - 1.21M (PS2)
2004: Smackdown! Here Comes the Pain - 1.08M (PS2)
2003: Smackdown! Just Bring It - 950k (PS2)

Just for giggles...

WWE: Crush Hour - 143k (PS2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back