Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2: Preview, the 21 Songs so far...

2/22 DLC at 120 pts a pop:

1. Everything You Want (Vertical Horizon)
2. Hey Jealousy (Gin Blossoms)
3. How You Remind Me (Nickelback)
4. Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
5. Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Pat Benatar)
6. Kiss Me (Sixpence None the Richer)
7. Like A Virgin (Madonna)
8. Save Tonight (Eagle-Eye Cherry)
9. Son of a Preacher Man (Dusty Springfield)
10. When a Man Loves a Woman (Percy Sledge)
11. All My Ex's Live In Texas (George Strait)
12. Baby One More Time (Britney Spears)
13. Billie Jean (Michael Jackson)
14. Boot Scootin' Boogie (Brooks & Dunn)
15. Chain of Fools (Aretha Franklin)
16. Crawling in the Dark (Hoobastank)
17. Fame (Irene Cara)
18. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) - (Four Tops)
19. Shining Star (Earth Wind & Fire)
20. Take My Breath Away (Berlin)
21. Jessie's Girl (Rick Springfield)

Same tracks from prior KR releases.

Finally got the game. Will definitely have to download some of these because the setlist in the game is kinda weak as it is.

Is anyone else horrified by the vocals on the Black Hole Sun cover??

[quote name='deadite76']2/22 DLC at 120 pts a pop:

1. Everything You Want (Vertical Horizon)
2. Hey Jealousy (Gin Blossoms)
3. How You Remind Me (Nickelback)
4. Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
5. Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Pat Benatar)
6. Kiss Me (Sixpence None the Richer)
7. Like A Virgin (Madonna)
8. Save Tonight (Eagle-Eye Cherry)
9. Son of a Preacher Man (Dusty Springfield)
10. When a Man Loves a Woman (Percy Sledge)
11. All My Ex's Live In Texas (George Strait)
12. Baby One More Time (Britney Spears)
13. Billie Jean (Michael Jackson)
14. Boot Scootin' Boogie (Brooks & Dunn)
15. Chain of Fools (Aretha Franklin)
16. Crawling in the Dark (Hoobastank)
17. Fame (Irene Cara)
18. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) - (Four Tops)
19. Shining Star (Earth Wind & Fire)
20. Take My Breath Away (Berlin)
21. Jessie's Girl (Rick Springfield)

Same tracks from prior KR releases.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. OP updated.

I havent received my copy from TRAINN yet but once I do get it Ill have to download at least 10 of those tracks. Some good stuff there. I think its good that they are releasing songs from previous Karaoke games as I never got to try them. I wished they would have just cost 100 points instead of the 120 but whatever.

Mic is a Logitech like the Rock Band one, but cheaper version. It works, but doesn't have the nice feel of the RB one.

I have this game - I really like it, but only for the karaoke aspect, the American Idol branding and whatnot is weak at best.

My sister and I have been playing it a ton this weekend. There are enough good tracks, plus we downloaded some. Already looking forward to the next song update. We've been trying to get diamond (perfect rating) on every song, which is both frustrating and hilarious to do. Online play is also quite fun.

I got it for $59.99 at Target - kind of glad to save that $10. The Randy/Paula/Simon comments got old quick, we ended up skipping past them every time in Tournament mode. Also, the character customization is indeed weak, and the crowd AI during performances is horrid. It's literally one sim copied like a hundred times - same clothes and all. Pretty lame for a current gen game. Hitting really low notes is totally hit or miss for me. However, karaoke is seriously fun and I'm glad to have one to play on my 360. Definitely a sale pick up.

Also - Copacabana is an incredibly fucking hard song to do. Screw you, Barry Manilow.

I don't thinks it's that difficult. Once you know how any song goes, they should all be easy for you. I had a difficult time with Unfaithful, partially because I absolutely hate that song. It was painful to have to sing it over and over again to get the Diamond score.

[quote name='GamerChris']I don't thinks it's that difficult. Once you know how any song goes, they should all be easy for you. I had a difficult time with Unfaithful, partially because I absolutely hate that song. It was painful to have to sing it over and over again to get the Diamond score.[/quote]

Heh, I got a kick out of picturing a guy singing that song over and over, trying to get a diamond. And you're right, but I only sang Copacabana once. I haven't tried it again yet.

What is the "judging" portion of the game like? I couldn't really find any screenshots with the judges. Not sure if I want to invest in this, but a CGI Randy Jackson telling me that my performance was a little pitchy might make this game worth it for me (I'm dead serious).

I guess it's good that they give Xbox owners a chance to download old songs, but for us longtime Karaoke Rev fans, it's a bummer that all the d/l content is just lifted from the PS2 games. I wonder if they ever intend to add new content?

[quote name='BustaUppa']What is the "judging" portion of the game like? I couldn't really find any screenshots with the judges. Not sure if I want to invest in this, but a CGI Randy Jackson telling me that my performance was a little pitchy might make this game worth it for me (I'm dead serious).[/QUOTE]

The judging is just okay. Kind of fun to hear the judges say I sound fantastic, when in actuality I was horrible. I can't remember if I heard Randy say I was pitchy yet.

ha! just found this on YouTube. At the 4-minute mark you get a good look at what the judging portion of the game is like. I love the weird-looking 3D rendered judges, lol. I could see this being great at parties (especially with the accessible Idol motif).
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=c4OcHHYcIoc[//media]

ha! just found this on YouTube. At the 4-minute mark you get a good look at what the judging portion of the game is like. I love the weird-looking 3D rendered judges, lol. I could see this being great at parties (especially with the accessible Idol motif).
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=c4OcHHYcIoc[/media]

ha! just found this on YouTube. At the 4-minute mark you get a good look at what the judging portion of the game is like. I love the weird-looking 3D rendered judges... and the crowd boos when they criticize the performance, lol. I could see this being great at parties (especially with the accessible Idol motif).
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=c4OcHHYcIoc[/media]

I can do Copacabana really well for some reason.
I just go into full on lounge singer mode LOL.
However, all those Pop ballads scare the fuck out of me.

Updated OP with information on new songs available for download. Some artists are still missing for some songs but Im working on that now.

Now to buy some more microsoft points.

Are you sure it's not "Rich Girl" by Hall and Oates? That's the version that's on the old KRev discs and since the rest of these songs are old, I'm guessing this one is too ...

those are all repeats from the previous Karaoke Revolution games. I'm a little bummed on the content so far.

[quote name='GamerChris']those are all repeats from the previous Karaoke Revolution games. I'm a little bummed on the content so far.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too! They could at least sell them in bundles like they do for DDR. I bought the "Mega Pack" for KKR: Party and I don't really want to shell out the $ for songs I already "own". Hopefully future KRs will support the DLC released for prior versions.

[quote name='dfo']Are you sure it's not "Rich Girl" by Hall and Oates? That's the version that's on the old KRev discs and since the rest of these songs are old, I'm guessing this one is too ...[/quote]

You are correct, I just went to download it thinking it was Gwen Stefani but it is indeed the one by Hall and Oates. Sorry for the mistake. Fixing OP now.

[quote name='akilshohen']Did you like the older version?? Or were you disappointed?
[/QUOTE]

What are you referring to?

I dont mind the cover tracks since I usually sing over them or sometimes turn the cover's vocals down to where you only hear my voice.

I wonder when we will get the next batch of songs. Hopefully sometime this week.

Yeah I know I'm providing the vocals, thanks ;)
That doesn't mean they shouldn't have done a better job.

The music is pretty bad and you have to hear that all the time.
Sounds like they used an old Roland Sound Canvas, poorly.

Im hoping for the same thing, plus some new songs. As of now 19 of the 36 Karaoke Revolution song are part of the downloadble ones for AIE. Only 5 from KR2 and 7 from KR3 and 1 from KRParty so we shall see.

Having them all for AIE would make me quite happy.:bouncy: Although I am quite excited to see what new songs will be released.

More songs just came out. The descriptions are a little off too. I know one of the songs is "Miss you" By Aaliayh, but it says the writer instead of the artist. I just happen to remember the writer of the song. I think there's 2 motown originals this week also.

from the xbox forums, the new songs:

Ill Be There - Jackson Five
The Tracks of My Tears - Smokey Robinson
Wind Beneath My Wings* - made famous by Bette Midler
Broken Wings* - made famous by Mr. Mister
China Grove* - made famous by The Doobie Brothers
Does He Love You* (duet) - made famous by Reba McIntire
Endless Love* (duet) - made famous by Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
Fly * - made famous by Celine Dion
Good ol Boys* (Dukes of Hazard) - made famous by Waylon Jennings
Hold On* - made famous by Good Charlotte
I Don't Wanna Be* - made famous by Gavin McGraw
Meant to Live* - made famous by Switchfoot
Miss You* - made famous by Aaliyah
SomeDay* - made famous by Nickelback
Stop in the Name of Love - Diana Ross & The Supremes
The Reason* - made famous by Hoobastank
This Old Heart of Mine - Isley Brothers
We Are Family* - made famous by Sister Sledge
Why Cant I?* - made famous by Liz Phair
You're the One that I Want* (duet) - made famous by Olivia Newton John & John Travolta in Grease
(Sitting on the) Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding

Dang, I need some more points.

I really want to give them my money, but I already have all those songs in the previous Karaoke Revolution games. I'm not buying them again.

bread's done
Back