Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2: Preview, the 21 Songs so far...

From this latest release, Im only interested in about 7 of the songs. Too bad I was only able to afford 4 haha as I only had a few microsoft points.

[quote name='porieux']They could at least offer some kind of bundle at a discount.[/QUOTE]

I would cave in and buy more songs if that were an option.

[quote name='Pikachuusb']anyone heard if there are going to be new songs released soon? I cant wait to see whats released next:bouncy:[/quote]

I think it will be happening very soon, it will be 2 weeks this tuesday (today actually haha) since the last update. They have been releasing new tracks every two weeks or so.

[quote name='buterbals']New Songs Available.

Updated the OP with the song list.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update! Gonna have to pick up a few songs this week.

:applause: WooHoo!!! I am thrilled with the new songs!! Im wanting just about every one of them:bouncy:

Thank you soo much for the update!!:D

Questions... My friend is wondering if two people playing online in a tournament need to both have the same DLC downloaded if just one of them wants to use it?

[quote name='GamerChris']Nope, you'll just see which song they chose and their score.[/quote]

Sweet, thanks :)

My copy should be arriving in a few days, hopefully :bouncy:

This is the first KR game I've ever played and I think it's pretty fun. I have the hardest time with some of the newer R&B songs by the female artists that I'm not very familiar with. Other than that, Don't Wanna Miss A Thing and Bohemian Rhapsody killed me vocally... and yeah some of the cover voices sound rather awful... almost as bad as me lol

Hey guys I checked on some other boards and they say the DLC is up. I havent got a chance to download yet but here are the songs:

Against All Odds (Take A Look at Me Now) - Phil Collins
Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Alone - Heart
Always Something There to Remind Me - Naked Eyes
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
Do I Make You Proud - Taylor Hicks
Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison
Flashdance (What A Feeling) - Irene Cara
Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
I Got You Babe - Sonny & Cher
If I Ain't Got You - Alicia Keyes
It's Your Love - Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel
Ladies Night - Kool & the Gang
Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye
My Girl - The Temptations
On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Takin Care of Business - Bachman Turner Overdrive
Who Can It Be Now - Men At Work
You're My Best Friend - Queen

[quote name='bigdsinferno']wow, the dlc for this game is awesome. i'm kinda stoked to get this game now. i wish they would do some sort of packages to include discounts.[/quote]

if they did that, i'd sell my PS2 versions right now. i like how they're rehashing the songs i liked on PS2 but they do need to step it up and introduce brand new songs.

[quote name='Pikachuusb']Hey guys I checked on some other boards and they say the DLC is up. I havent got a chance to download yet but here are the songs:

Against All Odds (Take A Look at Me Now) - Phil Collins
Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Alone - Heart
Always Something There to Remind Me - Naked Eyes
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
Do I Make You Proud - Taylor Hicks
Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison
Flashdance (What A Feeling) - Irene Cara
Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
I Got You Babe - Sonny & Cher
If I Ain't Got You - Alicia Keyes
It's Your Love - Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
Just the Way You Are - Billy Joel
Ladies Night - Kool & the Gang
Let's Get It On - Marvin Gaye
My Girl - The Temptations
On the Road Again - Willie Nelson
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Takin Care of Business - Bachman Turner Overdrive
Who Can It Be Now - Men At Work
You're My Best Friend - Queen[/quote]

Thanks! Ill be updating the OP right now, also I noticed there was this other song by the rolling stones on there earlier today, "Start Me Up". Can anyone confirm this as Im away from my 360 right now.

Start Me Up was on DLC 2 weeks ago, the only reason I know this for sure is because thats the last time we were on xboxlive(we dont go on much since the internet connection is in the other room and its a pain to set up, so we do it for DLC only) and we didnt download it cause I couldnt remember what it was. LOL After youtubing it I remembered and was planning on downloading it this week, when the other songs became available.

I also have it highlighted in yellow on my list of Karaoke Revolution songs that we havent downloaded yet but is available for downloading (I have lists of each song that was on each Karaoke Revolution and who sang them, so I have a better idea if I want the song or not) I youtubed the list of Karaoke Revolution songs to see if I knew/liked them if I didnt recognise the name. I had a feeling they would have these songs as DLC so I got prepared. OCD its a nasty thing:roll::lol:

FYI Start Me Up was from Karaoke Revolution Party :)

Hey guys I checked on some other boards and they say the DLC is up. I havent got a chance to download yet but here are the songs:

4/29/08:
(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin
Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing (duet) - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Ain't Too Proud to Beg (duet) - The Temptations
American Woman - The Guess Who (or Lenny Kravitz)
Born to Be Wild - Steppenwolf
Careless Whisper - Wham (George Michael)
Complicated - Avril Lavigne
Do You Really Want to Hurt Me? - Culture Club
Greatest Love of All - Whitney Houston
I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross
Love Will Keep Us Together - The Captain & Tennille
New York, New York - Frank Sinatra
Photograph - Nickelback
Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Stand By Your Man - Tammy Wynette
Straight Up - Paula Abdul
The First Cut Is the Deepest - Sheryl Crow
The Real Thing - Bo Bice
When the Sun Goes Down (duet) - Kenny Chesney & Uncle Kracker
You and Me - Lifehouse

Well this is a crummy DLC week (for me, anyway).

If anyone DL's The First Cut is the Deepest, let us know if it's a male or female vocalist... I prefer Rod Stewart singing that..

I havent been able to get on xbox live since Im currently moving, so are there just 20 songs this time? or are we missing one? Ill update the OP with the information that was provided, thanks.

[quote name='buterbals']I havent been able to get on xbox live since Im currently moving, so are there just 20 songs this time? or are we missing one? Ill update the OP with the information that was provided, thanks.[/quote]

i don't think you're missing any. i was also waiting for the downloads to update last week. i check through the marketplace new arrivals everyday just to see what's new in case there's some surprise update. the KRAIE songs never changed until today.

There were 21. "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" is missing from that list. I have no clue who that's by.

*edit* Ah, it's Fall Out Boy

[quote name='GamerChris']It's the female version of it since it's the same version as the other Karaoke Revolution games.[/quote]

[quote name='PleasantOne']There were 21. "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" is missing from that list. I have no clue who that's by.

*edit* Ah, it's Fall Out Boy

[quote name='buterbals']Thanks :) updated OP[/quote]

Thank YOU for keeping the OP updated. I know I find the list very helpful. It's downright stupid that they don't put "made famous by ..." on XBL.

[quote name='PleasantOne']There were 21. "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" is missing from that list. I have no clue who that's by.

*edit* Ah, it's Fall Out Boy[/quote]
:oops: sorry I missed that one

thank you for posting it though:bouncy:

[quote name='Pikachuusb']:oops: sorry I missed that one

thank you for posting it though:bouncy:[/quote]

Hey, don't be sorry, you posted the other 20 ;)

Today's DLC out yet? Anyone? I'd love to check, but I'm at school.

*edit*
Wait, crap, has it only been one week since we had new stuff? Doh...

So me and a lady friend were having some good times on RB vocals and it got me considering this game. The duet stuff seemed interesting. Is this worth owning or is it a rental at best? If I want DLC its definitely a keeper but I haven't looked at the list yet. I guess I'm asking for an overall opinion of this.

As a game it's not put together all that well, but if you are interested in singing those songs then it's your only option and it works. If you are used to RB though, it's going to be a huge step down in pretty much every way. That said, you can still have fun with it if you take it for what it is.

I guess noone posted this so I will, sorry its soo late:oops:, I think we should be getting more this upcoming week too so I will post that when it happens.

*Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - Police
*Drift Away - Uncle Kracker
Wide Open Spaces - Dixie Chicks
Lets Stay Together - Al Green
Easy - Lionel Richie
Cant Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley
Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations
I Left My Heart in San Francisco - Tony Bennett
More Than Words - Extreme
Truth Is - Fantasia
When Im Gone - Three Doors Down
Here Without You - Three Doors Down
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Rock & Roll All Nite - Kiss
Im With You - Avril Lavigne
Heaven - Los Lonely Boys
Uptown Girl - Billy Joel
I'll Be - Edwin McCain
Thank You - Dido
I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
Celebration - Kool & the Gang

although the songs came out around the 17th or 18th, the 1st two songs notated by an * came out a week later I think it was, bringing the total up to 21 songs

If they wouldn't have slapped the American License on it I would've bought it . Now I associate it with a game based on a TV show , and games based on TV shows suck.

I actually considered buying this game a few times, because I like the tracklist, but I really don't like the idea of the American Idol branding (so I'm kind of sticking to SingStar) and having cover artist. But there's no denying the tracklist is quite appealing and making it hard for me to resist at $50.

I have Singstar as well and enjoy American Idol more, but thats just personal opinion.

Then again I would just classify games based off of tv shows as automatically sucking without trying it out 1st.

The Mana Knight, if you like Singstar I think youd like AIE too :)

[quote name='CouRageouS']I was looking at the wiki to see the songlist, is there a reason why some songs were available then pulled?[/QUOTE]
As the person who keeps the wiki article updated - I suspect because it occured to someone that those particular songs really shouldn't be rated E. DLC rated higher than the game's own rating has to be specifically labeled with the new rating.

I don't know whether it'll return, especially if those requirements would mean it would have to show the label in the in-game store as well.

No word on whether they're gone for the PS3 version as well.

[quote name='turgore2008']If they wouldn't have slapped the American License on it I would've bought it . Now I associate it with a game based on a TV show , and games based on TV shows suck.[/QUOTE]
Your loss. Neither my husband nor I have ever watched even a single episode of Idol, and yet we love both this game and the previous KRAI game on PS2, because they have more songs we know and love than any other entry in the series. You never have to play in the American Idol mode if you don't want to.

So as a fan of the KR series, I was disappointed with the last American Idol game. Does this game handle the presentation better? The songlist looks pretty good. How's the online play? Anything I should know before I take the dive?

What do you mean by "handle the presentation better?"? The main thing is Paula is now in the game. The judges say more of a variety of stuff, but after every round, the people going home is similar to the previous game.

If you had the last version, you'll be disappointed in the character customization on the 360 version. Very limited.

I know its been a while, but has there been any more releases for the game that I missed?

All I know is that the following songs have been taken off the marketplace:

1. "Hot Stuff" - Donna Summer
  2. "I'll Make Love to You" - Boyz II Men
  3. "Lady Marmalade" - Patti LaBelle
  4. "Let's Get It On" - Marvin Gaye
  5. "Like A Virgin" - Madonna
  6. "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" - Fall Out Boy
Anyone know why?

[quote name='GamerChris']those songs contain content that wouldn't necessarily be "E" rated. So I think Konami took them off.[/quote]

Ah ok, thanks for the info. I haven't played in a while but I had purchased some of those songs listed before they were taken down. Would they still be playable or not? I wonder if MS would refund the points for those songs.

bread's done
Back