Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2: Preview, the 21 Songs so far...

Just noticed that the game was announced today. Im not sure what to think as LIPS is also coming out later this year. The good thing though is that all your content transfers over from the past game which is a good thing, hopefully that includes the songs on the disc as well. Here's the information released:

---------------------------------------------------------------

General Features
  • 40 all new hit songs from the 70's to today!
  • 4 brand new venues, including the finals stage from the 2008 season of American Idol and a Music Video venue whose graphical environment transforms with each song
  • Downloadable songs, featuring contemporary hits and classic favorites, including many songs that have been featured on American Idol
  • Perfect for parties and social gatherings: multiple game modes for up to 8 players to compete with or against each other
  • Proprietary technology accurately recognizes and scores vocal pitch and rhythm
  • Create even more unique looks for your contestant with a variety of new accessories
  • Xbox Vision (camera) support in online games
  • New online Co-op head-to-head mode
  • Improved animation system brings the judges right into your living room!
  • Downloaded content from Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore will automatically be imported into Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 for use in all modes
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be making a thread for it once we have more information on the game, either that or just combine both games onto this single thread.

I think they need to drop the AI lisence(SP?). I liked the backgrounds in KR Party better. The rooftop and the subway were my favorite stages.

[quote name='buterbals'][*]Downloaded content from Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore will automatically be imported into Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore 2 for use in all modes.[/QUOTE]
It will be interesting to see if they make Encore 1 songs available for download for those that want to include some favorites from the original game into the new game. Not expecting it to be free like Rock Band, but at least the option should be available, especially to those that passed on Vol 1.

I'm sure it's just like Encore 1 but with different songs. I'm waiting for a price drop because I refuse to buy yet another microphone.

Indeed very much like Encore 1, but at least IMO a great track list. A very small number of lousy songs and loaded with fun songs. Not very challenging, but would be great for parties. I have basically all the music games, even stuff like Get on Da Mic (but not the recent Disney/Nickelodeon stuff), and this is the strongest vocal track list.

Only problem I have with it is that too many of the achievements require online play.

bread's done
Back