Keep eye on mailbox if you're GZ Unlocked: Four pretty good coupons! B2G1, more!

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey all!

First off, super big apologies if this has been posted. The valid dates are 9/12 - 12/31, which makes me think these have been in circulation for a while. I follow the trade-in thread quite a bit, and don't recall hearing about these. Maybe I have selective memory? Did a search but didn't see anything...

Anyway, I signed up for Best Buy's GamerZone Unlocked about a month and a half ago. I still haven't received my first issue of the magazine in the mail, but today I got these coupons:

6312294277_c227fda6b7_z.jpg

Pretty good offers; better than normal throw-away trash, that's for sure. So, yeah, keep an eye out!

I need to check.... for the buy 2 get 1 free coupon.... i can like buy 2 x 20 dollar like sonic genesis collection and zelda: TP and get game like ultimate marval vs capcom 3 for free? Also, scan coupon first or game first?

Check for games that are on clearance. I grabbed a bunch of copies of Shift 2 360 and DQVI as my filler and traded them in at GS to even make a profit off it.

[quote name='sgaldis']Do you guys and gals have a certain tale you weave, or a technique to try to get them to ring games up properly during these types of glitches? [/QUOTE]tell them your not sure if your going to purchase the game in your hand or get something else & you'll wait to see what the other 2 scan up as. ONLY AFTER both games are scanned commit to the purchase THEN offer the coupon at the end.

[quote name='Xellos2099']I need to check.... for the buy 2 get 1 free coupon.... i can like buy 2 x 20 dollar like sonic genesis collection and zelda: TP and get game like ultimate marval vs capcom 3 for free? Also, scan coupon first or game first?[/QUOTE]look for cheap games(shovelware) Wii/DS/PSP $5-$10 titles a la tony hawk shred, any outdated guitar hero/band hero, $3 clearance PSP etc. Try to vary the games if possible as to not draw attention chances are the odd games won't be fresh in their minds

[quote name='sgaldis']Do you guys and gals have a certain tale you weave, or a technique to try to get them to ring games up properly during these types of glitches?[/QUOTE]
Read the backs and hand them one game at a time. Make it seem like you are still a little undecided on your choices. You can hand items you're buying to the cashier in whatever order you want.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Is it coupon first or game first?[/QUOTE]
It's a coupon, usually you hand those to the cashier after they ring up your items, but before you provide any form of payment including rz certificates.

OK. I tried the B2G1F pre-owned coupon again today in a transaction. I even handed it to the cashier after having her scan my RZ card to start out the process. Here's my results:

:ps3:Socom Confrontation-$10, :ps3:Battlefield Bad Company-$10, :ps3:Dead Island(no free game came up, but the 20% discount from the 'buy 2 or more pre-owned games' DID come up, Gamer's Club Unlocked 10% discount didn't even frickin' apply on this attempt

Second attempt(she kept the RZ card and coupon portions of the transaction in the system and tried rescanning the games in this order): Dead Island, Socom, BF: BC....again, the 20% promo applied automatically AND this time it made Socom the free game....and yes, yet again NO Gamer's Club Unlocked 10% discount.....

Just got off the phone for the 8th time about why I still haven't received these. Seems like they are going to issue certs after they research the issue.

[quote name='Enuf']tell them your not sure if your going to purchase the game in your hand or get something else & you'll wait to see what the other 2 scan up as. ONLY AFTER both games are scanned commit to the purchase THEN offer the coupon at the end.

look for cheap games(shovelware) Wii/DS/PSP $5-$10 titles a la tony hawk shred, any outdated guitar hero/band hero, $3 clearance PSP etc. Try to vary the games if possible as to not draw attention chances are the odd games won't be fresh in their minds[/QUOTE]

The coupon states CONSOLE game. I'm assuming the handheld counts as a console, like DS/PSP games with the deal? I plan on trying tomorrow...aggh...I just have been busy every day.

EDIT: Maybe not, just did a locator on NBA 2K12, all gone in my area....odd, EVERY store is sold out?

So IATCG, just to make sure I read this correctly. You got 20% off two of the games (the ones that weren't free) and you got the cheapest game free?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Second attempt(she kept the RZ card and coupon portions of the transaction in the system and tried rescanning the games in this order): Dead Island, Socom, BF: BC....again, the 20% promo applied automatically AND this time it made Socom the free game....and yes, yet again NO Gamer's Club Unlocked 10% discount.....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='doubledown']The coupon states CONSOLE game. I'm assuming the handheld counts as a console, like DS/PSP games with the deal? I plan on trying tomorrow...aggh...I just have been busy every day.

EDIT: Maybe not, just did a locator on NBA 2K12, all gone in my area....odd, EVERY store is sold out?[/QUOTE]

I got Fat Princess and Dissidia 012 and rang COD MW3 last, got all three for $36.xx with coupon. This didn't work at one of the Best Buy I went to two days ago, maybe it's store specific?

Apologies if this has been posted, but has anyone tried to return a game bought using this coupon? The game I am thinking about taking back was one of the games that had a price but will I have to return all three games if I decide to take it back?

I just used the B2G1 coupon to get Battlefield 3, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and Forza 4 without any problems. I couldn't find any good pre-owned games at all though.

used the b2g1 new game coupon a couple of days ago and got the most expensive game scanned last and it was the free game.

Went to use the b2g1 used game coupon just now and although the most expensive game was scanned last the coupon automatically applied to the lowest price game. Also, only the usual unlocked 10% discount applied.

my store ended up finally getting some Saints Row: The Third (360) back in stock. so i exchanged my MGS: HD Collection for it. Still kinda wished that the B2G1 with the most expensive game being free actually worked for me, but its alright still saved some money.

[quote name='bgame2']So IATCG, just to make sure I read this correctly. You got 20% off two of the games (the ones that weren't free) and you got the cheapest game free?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. It stacked the 20% off 2 or more games and the B2G1 correctly, but I was expecting to get DI for free instead of the copy of SOCOM or whatever like others had reported getting the most expensive game free.:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. It stacked the 20% off 2 or more games and the B2G1 correctly, but I was expecting to get DI for free instead of the copy of SOCOM or whatever like others had reported getting the most expensive game free.:cry:[/QUOTE]

So it screws up when you try to do multiple promotions in one transaction. B2G1 regular works fine on its own to get the highest one free

[quote name='SeanTM22']So it screws up when you try to do multiple promotions in one transaction. B2G1 regular works fine on its own to get the highest one free[/QUOTE]
Yeah. The used coupon messes up when trying to use it now that this 20% off promo is going on. But unfortunately today is the final day to use it, so I guess I'll try a fourth time with it and try sandwiching the highest game between two cheapies. If it doesn't work at all or only takes off 20%, then I'll just hand the coupon to the cashier and tell them to throw it out for me since I doubt they'd let me use it once the 20% promo is done.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. The used coupon messes up when trying to use it now that this 20% off promo is going on. But unfortunately today is the final day to use it, so I guess I'll try a fourth time with it and try sandwiching the highest game between two cheapies. If it doesn't work at all or only takes off 20%, then I'll just hand the coupon to the cashier and tell them to throw it out for me since I doubt they'd let me use it once the 20% promo is done.[/QUOTE]

Were you able to get it to work? just curious, it doesnt really matter much now but im interested. i did another B2G1 new today, bought a copy of brink and shaun white skateboarding then got MW3 for free.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Were you able to get it to work? just curious, it doesnt really matter much now but im interested. i did another B2G1 new today, bought a copy of brink and shaun white skateboarding then got MW3 for free.[/QUOTE]
I got it to work, but it was only taking off the cheapest game, like it's supposed to.:whistle2:# So I kinda waffled on my purchase by mentioning how many games I had to play still.

[quote name='person123']Woo I got my coupons today in the mail that expires on 12/31/11....

O wait...WTF![/QUOTE]Apparently, they should still work despite being past 12/31; some people are receiving these exact same coupons in the mail with a March deadline, and they should have the same SKU.

[quote name='Vigilante']Apparently, they should still work despite being past 12/31; some people are receiving these exact same coupons in the mail with a March deadline, and they should have the same SKU.[/QUOTE]
Good to know guess i'll go try them out later on in the week, thanks.

bread's done
Back