Keep eye on mailbox if you're GZ Unlocked: Four pretty good coupons! B2G1, more!

mattcube64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey all!

First off, super big apologies if this has been posted. The valid dates are 9/12 - 12/31, which makes me think these have been in circulation for a while. I follow the trade-in thread quite a bit, and don't recall hearing about these. Maybe I have selective memory? Did a search but didn't see anything...

Anyway, I signed up for Best Buy's GamerZone Unlocked about a month and a half ago. I still haven't received my first issue of the magazine in the mail, but today I got these coupons:

6312294277_c227fda6b7_z.jpg

Pretty good offers; better than normal throw-away trash, that's for sure. So, yeah, keep an eye out!

[quote name='Foladar']When using the b2g1 Unlocked coupon, is it the last game that's free?[/QUOTE]

Yes
I got spiderman edge of time as my 3rd for FREE when I purchase LEGO's POTC & Cars 2.

I just got my coupons this weekend....I guess I may have to use my BBY GC's for something. I need to get up to speed on the "glitch", can someone break it down for me?

No matter the price of the 1st two games scanned, the 3rd will always be free. So you can buy 2 $5 games and a $40 game and as long as the $40 game is scanned last, the total will come out to $10 + tax.

[quote name='Bezerker']No matter the price of the 1st two games scanned, the 3rd will always be free. So you can buy 2 $5 games and a $40 game and as long as the $40 game is scanned last, the total will come out to $10 + tax.[/QUOTE]

Is this for both the USED and NEW coupons for $39.99? I would like a cheap NBA 2K12 since it is on sale this week.

Looks like I'm going out to use my B2G1 on pre-owned titles coupon at BB today then. Maybe I'll swing by Blockbuster first and see if I can find some titles I haven't already traded in to trade in so I can use only store credit on the purchase.;)

Must be YMMV, MW3 was scanned last but the second game (AC:R) was the free game on mine due to the lowest value (and scanned second).

No glitch for me. Picked up Saints Row 3 for $35, Dead Island for $30, and Marioland 3ds for $40. Dead Island came up free and was the second one scanned.

I tried the B2G1 used coupon today with Arkham City for PS3 being scanned last(after 2 copies of Red Dead Redemption) and the only discount that applied was the 20% off two or more used games promo that's in the system.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what order they scan the coupon and/or RZ card in, but they DID scan the two RDR's first and second and B:AC last. The glitch didn't work for me.:bomb:

Oh well. I'll try later in the week. Hopefully they have another DOTD on another used game where it's $10 or under again.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']if i bought the @gamer magazine from the website it means i am not GC unlocked right?[/QUOTE]
Have you even tried signing into the Reward Zone website yet and messing around in the menus to see if it says Gamer's Club Unlocked anywhere?:whistle2:#

Go here: https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/

Sign in using the information you used to sign up for the Reward Zone(and regular Gamer's Club).

On the following page, scroll to the bottom and you should see a section where it says Gamer's Club, look over where it says Membership Level. If it says RZ Gamer's Club Unlocked, then you are in the GCU.

Again, once signed in, go here( https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/account/profile/), scroll to the bottom and if you see Gamer's Club Unlocked, then you're a member of the GCU.

EDIT: OK. It would appear that I received a $5 RZ certificate even though I don't appear to have enough points for one. So maybe I got a $5 certificate as a Christmas present from BB. Eh. I'm not complaining. Now I just have to go back to BB sometime soon n get this transaction from today redone to take off $5.;)

i did do what you said kinda. I just wasn't looking in the right place, which your link pointed to.

I am not a Gamer Club unlocked....i believe it is because i ordered the magazine through the website not the kiosk.

I would have to get another year's subscription at the store to become "unlocked"?

I traded in games and told the guy i was unlocked since he said "You have the magazine yearly so you have to be". My emails didn't check out for unlocked but he gave me the bonus anyways. Nice guy, really nice that there are people like that out there...

I am not a exploiter though...when the times comes i will get my unlocked. Do you think its worth it?

I have now traded in pretty much every game that has held little value to me. I don't see myself trading in more games unless they get HD remasters.

Am i a gamer club unlocked so long as i am subscribed? Or do i hold the membership forever after i make the purchase?

[quote name='BoromirsFan']i did do what you said kinda. I just wasn't looking in the right place, which your link pointed to.

I am not a Gamer Club unlocked....i believe it is because i ordered the magazine through the website not the kiosk.

I would have to get another year's subscription at the store to become "unlocked"?

I traded in games and told the guy i was unlocked since he said "You have the magazine yearly so you have to be". My emails didn't check out for unlocked but he gave me the bonus anyways. Nice guy, really nice that there are people like that out there...

I am not a exploiter though...when the times comes i will get my unlocked. Do you think its worth it?

I have now traded in pretty much every game that has held little value to me. I don't see myself trading in more games unless they get HD remasters.

Am i a gamer club unlocked so long as i am subscribed? Or do i hold the membership forever after i make the purchase?[/QUOTE]
After you got the subscription you would have received a letter from Best Buy in the mail that would include a coupon that they would have to scan along with a barcode inside a pamphlet in store.

If you didn't receive any such letter or coupon, then I would suggest going onto the BB forums and asking one of the mods there how you can go about becoming unlocked in the system as you never received the coupon/letter.

i looked at the website and it says if you subscribe to the magazine through the website then you do not get the benefits of Unlocked.

I will check the forums though, thank you for your help on this matter

not sure why it didn't work, but the b2g1 free coupon on used games didn't work for me today. cashier scanned AC:R first, then MGS HD Collection then NBA 2k12. AC:R came up as the free game. didn't mind so much though, since the prices were really similar. anyone get it to work today?

The b2g1 glitch worked for me yestderday, I found two NFS shift 2 for $9.50 each and MW3 for $19.00+ tax, MW3 was scanned last.

I may have to try this soon. I suppose if it doesn't work, I could always return the games...although, then I lose my coupon. Although, lots of good $39.99 games anyways this week.....my backlog is HUGE though.

Yeah, I was trying to find some decent cheap/clearance games to try to use with a $30-40 sale title and the B2G1 coupon; couldn't find much at my local store, so I'm gonna go check a few more out of town tomorrow. Looking back at the posts from yesterday, I noticed that some such at atc250es reporting getting the glitch to work with the new games coupon fine, but not much success with the used game Buy 2 Get 1 coupon.

I have two sets of the coupons that we just received last week, and have to be used by Saturday. I did manage to burn one 50% off strategy guide on the new 2nd edition Skyrim guide. It's a hell of a book, but that little 'Second Edition' denotation at the bottom is going to bother me forever.

So it's looking like the used B2G1 coupon isn't glitched at all then? Dammit. I was kinda hoping to grab one of the $44.99 games as the freebie.

I didn't get out today and after the mad rush of people yesterday(store was as busy as on Black Friday just about) I didn't feel like wading through a sea of humanity to try again.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So it's looking like the used B2G1 coupon isn't glitched at all then? Dammit. I was kinda hoping to grab one of the $44.99 games as the freebie.
[/quote]

that's what I tried today. The coupon didn't even do a free game - it just took 20% off all 3. Figured there was no way that a manager was going to give me the 44.99 game free, so I just left the coupon.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']that's what I tried today. The coupon didn't even do a free game - it just took 20% off all 3. Figured there was no way that a manager was going to give me the 44.99 game free, so I just left the coupon.[/QUOTE]
I'll probably try again tomorrow or sometime this week at either the other BB in the area or whatever. I'll try having the middle game be the higher priced one then.;)

If it's been fixed though, then oh well. No biggie. I have a ton of games to get through as it is.

OH hay guys I just got my unlocked coupons! lol. Gotta find what to use them for before saturday!

Yeah don't think the b2g1 coupon works with the 20% off pre owned games this week since the gamers club unlocked 10% off didn't work either. A 2 or more offers can't be combined came up when scanned. Does anyone know if an automatic offer can be taken off? Would prefer to get a free game than 20% all games.

[quote name='xfreefallerx']Worked for me tonight in Deptford NJ, 2 $20 games and a $30. $30 game was last and free.[/QUOTE]

Really wish everyone would start making it clear if it worked for them with the used or new B2G1 coupon. There are two of them people!

[quote name='Waynetid']Yeah don't think the b2g1 coupon works with the 20% off pre owned games this week since the gamers club unlocked 10% off didn't work either. A 2 or more offers can't be combined came up when scanned. Does anyone know if an automatic offer can be taken off? Would prefer to get a free game than 20% all games.[/QUOTE]

Maybe - if you get a manager - but your possibilities of getting most expensive free are nil.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Really wish everyone would start making it clear if it worked for them with the used or new B2G1 coupon. There are two of them people![/QUOTE]
New

Hmmmm....I wonder if BB is gonna be open on New Year's Eve during the daytime at all cuz that's the last day to use the B2G1F on pre-owned games. So maybe once that 20% promo is done then the coupon might be a go.;)

Snagged two copies of Nicktoons MLB (Wii) and COD: MW3 (PS3) for $20 + tax with one of my coupons today, AND the cashier gave it back to me, so SCORE! Tried at another store (had two coupons to burn anyway, before they gave me back the first one), and the cashier seemed hip to what was going on; took him awhile of staring at the screen, but he eventually re-shuffled my games so that MW3 was the first game. :(

[quote name='sgaldis']Snagged two copies of Nicktoons MLB (Wii) and COD: MW3 (PS3) for $20 + tax with one of my coupons today, AND the cashier gave it back to me, so SCORE! Tried at another store (had two coupons to burn anyway, before they gave me back the first one), and the cashier seemed hip to what was going on; took him awhile of staring at the screen, but he eventually re-shuffled my games so that MW3 was the first game. :([/QUOTE]Was this the B2G1 coupon for new games or used games?

Just to throw my experience in here, I bought 2 $30 games and got a $40 game free. This was for the Buy2Get1 on new games 39.99 and under. The games I bought were Dead Island (30), Assassins Creed: Revelations (30), and Gears 3 (40). Gears was scanned last and came up as the free game. My grand total was 64 with tax. The weird thing is I didn't even have to make sure Gears was scanned last as my cashier knew about the glitch and hooked me up. He even explicitly said to me that you could buy 2 cheap games and get a 40 dollar game free.

How does the B2G1 free work with returns? I still have not had a chance to try it out. I want to, but I really don't want to spend $80 on games if the cashier "corrects" the glitch.

[quote name='doubledown']How does the B2G1 free work with returns? I still have not had a chance to try it out. I want to, but I really don't want to spend $80 on games if the cashier "corrects" the glitch.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I actually got caught in that exact scenario today, but I went ahead and ate the purchase (it was only around $55), and I still got MW3 and two crappy Wii games for that money, so not a total loss, and still a decent deal to boot. I would just return them later, but I don't want to 'burn' a return off my account for such a trivial amount.

The cashier was either confused as hell or just trying to get fancy, because he kept futzing around with the register and the games, and re-shuffled them during the process, after I thought I had him ringing up the cheapies first.

I basically got caught a little flat-footed when he rung the messed up my combination, and I couldn't really think of a decent reason to not go through with the transaction, while retaining my coupon, and without looking like a sketchball. I had already completed another transaction (wanted to burn my 50% off a guide coupon) so I couldn't say I didn't have my wallet! :lol: As I mentioned before, I actually was able to get it to work properly at another BB earlier, and the cashier even excitedly said "Hey, you got Modern Warfare for free..it's the most expensive game! Have a great New Year", and then proceeded to hand the coupon back to me.

Do you guys and gals have a certain tale you weave, or a technique to try to get them to ring games up properly during these types of glitches? Obviously, you can hand them to the cashier in the order you'd like them scanned, but I've found when they have to remove the security cases, they will often mix the games all up (BB employees always seem to be shuffling stuff around and stacking things on top of other things).

I never got my welcome packet and I've been unlocked since September. Damn you BB.

[quote name='sgaldis']Do you guys and gals have a certain tale you weave, or a technique to try to get them to ring games up properly during these types of glitches? Obviously, you can hand them to the cashier in the order you'd like them scanned, but I've found when they have to remove the security cases, they will often mix the games all up (BB employees always seem to be shuffling stuff around and stacking things on top of other things).[/QUOTE]

I have this awesome technique that i use all the time for glitches like these. Here's what i do.... I bring my games up to the register and i ask the cashier if they can please scan the game i want for free last. Works like a charm everytime ;)

[quote name='sgaldis']
Do you guys and gals have a certain tale you weave, or a technique to try to get them to ring games up properly during these types of glitches? Obviously, you can hand them to the cashier in the order you'd like them scanned, but I've found when they have to remove the security cases, they will often mix the games all up (BB employees always seem to be shuffling stuff around and stacking things on top of other things).[/QUOTE]

Hold the last game in your hand and act like you are reading the back. Wait for the cashier to finish scanning the other 2 then hand it to him/her. ;)

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Really wish everyone would start making it clear if it worked for them with the used or new B2G1 coupon. There are two of them people![/QUOTE]

New.
bought DA 2 for $10
Ass Creed Rev for $30
Got Resistance 3 ($40) for free.

[quote name='slowdive21']Hold the last game in your hand and act like you are reading the back. Wait for the cashier to finish scanning the other 2 then hand it to him/her. ;)[/QUOTE]

This. I will try this assuming that I'm still getting my coupons...still don't have them and was unlocked since September...emailing and calling did nothing. Extremely jelly.

[quote name='chingychink2005']This. I will try this assuming that I'm still getting my coupons...still don't have them and was unlocked since September...emailing and calling did nothing. Extremely jelly.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Still waiting.:cry:

I still haven't receive my welcome packet with these coupons also. I already got two magazines though.

For those that have their coupons, how many magazine issues did you receive before you received the coupons? (if you remember)

I'm afraid they aren't going to send my coupons because I had an issue where my unlocked didn't show up for about two months, and I had to get it manually changed thanks to Mike @ the Best Buy RZ forums. So because of the manual change to unlock status it may have not registered in the database to send my the coupons.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I have this awesome technique that i use all the time for glitches like these. Here's what i do.... I bring my games up to the register and i ask the cashier if they can please scan the game i want for free last. Works like a charm everytime ;)[/QUOTE]

OK, Mr. Smarty Pants...:) The thing is, if you get some junior detective checking you out, they might: A) get a little suspicious why you would have a weird request like that, or B) Get even more nosy if they know squat about games, and notice that you are getting a good one real cheap. At that point, they should might be able to put two and two together and figure out that it had something to do with the order of the games. That could lead to a whole slew of scenarios I just don't feel like dealing with. I always like to make it seem like the computer 'just happened' to give me some kind of miraculous deal.

[quote name='slowdive21']Hold the last game in your hand and act like you are reading the back. Wait for the cashier to finish scanning the other 2 then hand it to him/her. ;)[/QUOTE]

My typical approach is something more like this. I'll usually get like 4-5 games total and bring to the register; I'll put down the two cheap ones I want to buy and say "I want these for sure, but need to decide on the others", or ask about prices on the other titles, etc., then hold off on my 'decision' until the other games are scanned. This method usually works, but I guess the cashier I had today was just on his game.

bread's done
Back